• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew premieres December 3rd on Disney+

ManaByte

From Jon Watts (the Spider-Man Home trilogy), pitched as Goonies in Star Wars. Episodes directed by David Lowery and Bryce Dallas Howard. Four kids (two boys and two girls) being guided by Jude Law’s character.

Sybrix

I didn’t watch Acolyte, did I miss anything?

If I don’t watch this, will I miss anything?

If I don’t watch these Star Wars TV shows, am I doomed to not know what the fuck is going on in the main Star Wars movies?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
From Jon Watts (the Spider-Man Home trilogy)

The series was written by Christopher Ford & Jon Watts

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This guy is so fuckin bad at his job. At least he's not directing.

ManaByte

This guy is so fuckin bad at his job. At least he's not directing.

His last movie made $2 billion at the box office.

But you're right, it's no Rebel Moon.

I didn’t watch Acolyte, did I miss anything?

If I don’t watch this, will I miss anything?

If I don’t watch these Star Wars TV shows, am I doomed to not know what the fuck is going on in the main Star Wars movies?

This one is set at the same time as Mando and connects to whatever Filoni is doing in his Thrawn movie.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member

This one is set at the same time as Mando and connects to whatever Filoni is doing in his Thrawn movie.
Well, whatever happens with Thrawn will have ZERO impact on the world. There will be no new jedi popping up. No significant change in the Alliance/New Republics slow decline, nothing alters the residual Empires conversion to The First Order. We know this because they are continuing with Rey, So whatever Thrawn does has to either happen waaaaay off stage or it ends in a whimper so weak that just a few years later everyone is totally blase about the First Order running around as "no big deal". There are like three closed loop systems (PT/OT/ST) that Lucasfilm keeps picking at but we know are sancrosanct. The only things that work well are things that play DIRECTLY into it like Rogue One or Mando s1. Later mando with all this mandalore stuff is pointless because we know Mandalore ain't gonna rise again.

Anyway, cautiously optimistic for Skeleton Crew though I don't think it's gonna be that good. My kid is going through Bad Batch for like the 5th time to finish out the show and WOW is that a breath of fresh air after these recent live action shows (Andor excepted). Wish they had spent that Acolyte money on a BB movie. But we'll see if he can take SC. He just went through the MCU through Endgame for about the 5th time [mostly, he skipped Marvel, AM, and Ultron]) but he tried The Marvels for the first time and noped out in the first 5 minutes during the cartoon stuff. So if Disney wants boys to watch this stuff they gotta go hard early on and I'm not sure SC is gonna do that. If we get a bunch of girls talking he will punch out.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Are you pretending money = quality? I don't care how much it made based on memberberries, this guy suck ass and never did anything good.

Also why are you bringing Rebel Moon? Haven't watched it yet but I've been told it's shit so not sure what you are trying to prove (apart from your trauma against Zack Snyder 🤣)

StueyDuck

Like all things star wars I'm expecting a streaming pile of shit.

I know everyone clings onto Andor, but sometimes there's nugget in a pile of shit.

How many episodes in until famous cameo number 1 appears or the final episode ends with memberberries character number 2.

That's all that's really dragging this corpse along for fans these days

Top Bottom