• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

Fandango's finally working again. Just picked up my tickets.

I was actually thinking about how early I should get there.

an hour early?

When episode 2 was new, I bought a ticket for the 8pm show, showed up at 2 and just played DDR all day. Had I come 30 minutes later, I wouldn't have gotten a ticket.

I got reserved seating, but it's still a Dine-In Theatre, so coming in earlier to eat the meal before the picture starts sounds a bit nice. Maybe I'll peruse into my seat at about 45 minutes to an hour early.

Only thing i'm concerned about is the marathon they are doing. I picked the first available showing and would hate for the theater to already be packed from people seeing the marathon. I still cant find out how to buy those

I was actually thinking about how early I should get there.

an hour early?

For the midnight opening?

Bring a tent.

In all seriousness, I typically arrive at an IMAX screening that I expect to fill up, right as the previous screening is admitted. In other words, aim for the screening right before yours as an arrival time. But for the midnight, I'd say 6 hours ahead minimum.

When episode 2 was new, I bought a ticket for the 8pm show, showed up at 2 and just played DDR all day. Had I come 30 minutes later, I wouldn't have gotten a ticket.

Well I got my tickets already, it's just a matter of me finding a good seat haha

For the midnight opening?

Bring a tent.

In all seriousness, I typically arrive at an IMAX screening that I expect to fill up, right as the previous screening is admitted. In other words, aim for the screening right before yours as an arrival time. But for the midnight, I'd say 6 hours ahead minimum.

It's actually the next day (my gf can't do the midnight showing) so we're going at 9pm on Friday. I'll assume though that same rules apply (minus the tent) lol

Only thing i'm concerned about is the marathon they are doing. I picked the first available showing and would hate for the theater to already be packed from people seeing the marathon. I still cant find out how to buy those

Marathon is on the 16th, it'll be over by the time regular screenings start.

Rnr1224

i wasnt even trying to get a thursday ticket an ive been trying since 10. just got the confirmation! if not then i was going to go to the theater tomorrow morning to get it in person.

Grabbed tickets for IMAX on saturday and surprisingly regular on Thursday. After struggling with Fandango for nearly two hours, the AMC website went right through in five minutes.

Not to drum up hysteria or sound like an idiot, but given recent-ish occurances, is anyone else slightly worried about potential incident on opening night screenings?

This is probably the biggest opening since The Dark Knight Rises and ever since that event, I'm always slightly terrified of big opening premieres. As a film student and aspiring director and screenwriter, the theater is where I live, and having it be a place of fear for me feels awful when it used to be my favorite escape.

Well I got my tickets already, it's just a matter of me finding a good seat haha

It's actually the next day (my gf can't do the midnight showing) so we're going at 9pm on Friday. I'll assume though that same rules apply (minus the tent) lol

Since it's Star Wars, I'd say take my rule and add an hour. So if the showing before your 9pm is a 6, aim to get there at 5. Or at least have one person in line at 5.

Not to drum up hysteria or sound like an idiot, but given recent-ish occurances, is anyone else slightly worried about potential incident on opening night screenings?

This is probably the biggest opening since The Dark Knight Rises and ever since that event, I'm always slightly terrified of big opening premieres. As a film student and aspiring director and screenwriter, the theater is where I live, and having it be a place of fear for me feels awful when it used to be my favorite escape.

I was thinking the same thing too, but given the magnitude of the movie and the fact that we're already thinking it, I'm sure that this is something that is being brought up by management at movie theatres.

Not

Banned

Yeah, it'll probably happen, and we'll do nothing about it because evil and stupid people control congress. Pretty sad and depressing.

I'm thinking about going 3 hours early.

Lothars

That sucks, Cineplex really bungled this, tix were on sale almost an hour before the trailer or even when they posted on Twitter - unless you were URL hacking like I was to get tickets, you had no chance to get Thursday night tix.
I was easily able to get two d-box tickets for thursday night. I just checked on a whim but I am glad I checked.

Wanderer5

I probably should had planned this beforehand lol. Some of the theaters I go to don't seem to have them up yet through. Is it just AMC?

Had to fight with Fandango, but I got my 7pm Thursday ticket, as did my friends.

Fandango app was total butt for practically an hour during my commute home. Got it done though and saved the ticket to Passbook.

kendrid

Banned
Fandango now works for me although I have tickets (just curious how sold out it is). My 7:30 is sold out except for a couple of single seats. The 10am and 1 pm shows have plenty of seats.

This theater is 100% power recliners with plenty of space around you. If only it were IMAX...

NimbusD

Can't wait for this movie, but one thing has been bothering me since the initial reveal, and that's the downed Star Destroyer. I can't tell if it's just a work in progress, or if that's how it's actually going to look in the movie. It doesn't actually look like it's a three-dimensional object, and looks like it's green screened and completely flat to me.

1230712033773956424.png

The lighting is just entirely OFF, unless there's a magical sandstorm that is only taking place in the background. Or hell, maybe it's just a liberal application of the dreaded Chromatic Aberration.

Go out and look at a mountain in the distance and tell me that's a green screen? It's called atmospheric distortion. Star destroyers are big, yo.

Also I don't think you know what chromatic aberration is. If you do I have no idea why you think this picture has anything to do with it?

EDIT: anyway, on topic: I STILL HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET A FUCKING TICKET ARALKHGDAS:JHAWE

npa189

This is marketing madness right? I was in first grade when Phantom Menace came out and I remember it being a big deal, but tickets 2 months in advance for a movie? Holy shit the first showing in my area is already sold out.

Wanderer5

Yea I'm having the same issue with AMC. The theater I go to doesn't seem to be selling them yet.

Finally worked, but sadly my best options from AMC are already gone, unless I want to do 2 am lol. Well that for the thursday that is.
The prints on sunday showings is a bit tempting through.

Magnus

After some online ticket system drama (Cineplex's site, god damn - are there even other sites to go to for Cineplex tickets in Canada? I don't think you can use fandango or other sites up here, just the theatre chain's site itself)....

I've got Thursday night AVX tickets, Friday night IMAX 3D tickets (on probably the best IMAX screen in the country, Scotiabank), and going with a friend's set of tickets on Saturday night to IMAX 3D again. Yay! Star Wars weekend!

Finally got them. took me almost two hours lol. 5 tickets for thursday at 7 lets go.

I'm honestly surprised there were even seats for the 7pm showing three hours after sales. You must live in a less populous location than me. Most of the 7pm seats around here were sold out in the first few minutes.

yami4ct

I can't tell if my Alamo is sold out of tickets or just the glasses. Trying for a ticket the next day at this point. Don't care that much to be first and matinee prices are way better anyway.

TK-421

Marathon schedule for AMC posted:

THE PHANTOM MENANCE: 1:00am (133 minutes, 17 minute break)
ATTACK OF THE CLONES: 3:30am (142 minutes, 23 minute break)
REVENGE OF THE SITH: 6:15am (140 minutes, 1 hr 40 minute break)
A NEW HOPE: 10:15am (121 minutes, 29 minute break)
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: 12:45pm (124 minutes, 26 minute break)
RETURN OF THE JEDI: 3:15pm (131 minutes, 1 hr 34 minute break)
THE FORCE AWAKENS: 7:00pm (woo!)

Holy crap will I be tired.

Marathon schedule for AMC posted:

THE PHANTOM MENANCE: 1:00am (133 minutes, 17 minute break)
ATTACK OF THE CLONES: 3:30am (142 minutes, 23 minute break)
REVENGE OF THE SITH: 6:15am (140 minutes, 1 hr 40 minute break)
A NEW HOPE: 10:15am (121 minutes, 29 minute break)
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: 12:45pm (124 minutes, 26 minute break)
RETURN OF THE JEDI: 3:15pm (131 minutes, 1 hr 34 minute break)
THE FORCE AWAKENS: 7:00pm (woo!)

Holy crap will I be tired.
That is nuts

ApharmdX

Banned
I got two 7 pm Thursday tickets to the little local theater down the street. The two tickets next to us sold as I was checking out, so I was lucky to get these. I can't wait, reserve seating so no worries about lining up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom