• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Real mess for toronto theatres.

We got tickets for Saturday night IMAX (Great seats to boot), but can't buy anything for Thurs or Fri nights. Sucks.

Cineplex's site has validation errors with email addresses. Really awful. Can't complete orders.
That sucks, Cineplex really bungled this, tix were on sale almost an hour before the trailer or even when they posted on Twitter - unless you were URL hacking like I was to get tickets, you had no chance to get Thursday night tix.

at this rate, this shit gonna hit a billion opening weekend

DOMESTIC

avatar legs are once in a lifetime, though...

I see Star Wars easily having Avatar legs. It's hitting in Dec, with a mild Christmas & only a handful of popular Oscar contenders to worry about in January.

Falchion

I've been trying for about 30 minutes to get IMAX tickets for Thursday night. I've had them in my cart with my credit card info filled out a few times but it keeps crashing and making me start over.

Laieon

I live in Korea, pretty sure there's no way for me to get tickets this far in advance.

I'm okay with that though, apparently Star Wars was never that big here
That's what I've been told anyway
, although that seems weird to me because anything space related seems to be a massive success.

bionic77

Weird.

The theater I want to buy from (King of Prussia Imax) still is not showing that it has tickets for sale for this movie.

I would have thought everyone would be selling by now. They told me on the phone they might not sell it until tomorrow but I thought that was malarkey.

Can't wait for this movie, but one thing has been bothering me since the initial reveal, and that's the downed Star Destroyer. I can't tell if it's just a work in progress, or if that's how it's actually going to look in the movie. It doesn't actually look like it's a three-dimensional object, and looks like it's green screened and completely flat to me.

1230712033773956424.png

The lighting is just entirely OFF, unless there's a magical sandstorm that is only taking place in the background. Or hell, maybe it's just a liberal application of the dreaded Chromatic Aberration.

you're assuming it's up close, and so you'd think that there'd be more depth to it. but if you imagine it as far off in the distance, it'll start to feel more real.

Well... almost all the midnight screenings around my area are all sold out despite only being available for a few hours in NZ.

Anyway, got some tickets for 12:01am on December 17! :D

tmdorsey

You guys without tickets should definitely look into seeing it at a Dolby Cinema (Dolby Atmos+Dolby Vision). I'm pretty sure The Force Awakens will be mastered for Dolby Vision, so it very probably will look better than then in non laser IMAX showings.

Wanted to say thanks for the tip. I got tickets for a showing in the Dolby Cinema in GA. Can't wait! :D

Falchion

FINALLY GOT THEM!!

cst1BdI.gif

2 IMAX 3D tickets for Thursday night at 10:30. I tried Fandango's website and app but I finally got them on movietickets.com

killroy87

Same in Montreal. I hope I didn't just let the Forum theater nearby sell out for nothing :(

I walked to the one in Van (I live very close), and they were selling tickets, so I bought mine. Not sure what the problem is, but if you're dead set on that theater, I'd make a trip (the theater was empty, since no one knew)

Nudull

Banned
Decided to check my IMAX theater again, and saw that everything up to the Christmas weekend is already gone. Can't imagine what the OW's gonna be like.

Decided to check my IMAX theater again, and saw that everything up to the Christmas weekend is already gone. Can't imagine what the OW's gonna be like.

I'm already shaking thinking about how long I'll need to wait in line in order to get a decent seat. My IMAX doesn't do reserve seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom