• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
GOT MY TICKET. ShowCase ICON. 7 PM showing. Reserved seat in upper area. I don't know how I managed to do it but I did. I just got back from picking it up. Truly feeling blessed right now

BizzyBum

Well now that the trailer is out there is no way any of these sites are working tonight.

movietickets.com was the only one semi-functional and now it's completely down.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Booyah, Cinemark tickets confirmed for midnight showing - seats in a great position as well. Mmm MMM bring on that Luxury Lounger!

Mesoian

Alright, I give up. I'll try again tomorrow sometime.

This is another in a long list of shitty "BE BY YOUR COMPUTER AT THIS TIME!" release events.

thebeeks

Banned
Plot wise it doesn't spoil anything, but it kinda feels like it showed us just about every major scene from the film, just out of context. I wouldn't recommend watching it honestly.

Thanks for the heads up. Decided a few days ago to go into media blackout mode, but with all of the internet blowing up about the trailer I've found my resolve wavering.

I'm thankful for Wehrenberg theatres in the area - I was able to get tickets while AMCtheatres.com and MovieTickets and Fandango were all down.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Was able to get tickets on the Flixter app on my iPhone. Unfortunately, I was only able to get them at one of the smaller, crappier theaters in Manhattan.

I cannot believe this

Everything is selling out instantly. I got lucky and managed to snag 2 tickets on Dec 17 at 10:15 PM. Went back 30 secs later to buy 2 more for that showing and the entire theatre was sold out.

IMAX showings are all sold out, every seat, even the front rows.

This is INSANE

I'm trying for the live of me, but the Soctiabank Theater's website isn't opening. Is the Cineplex website down?

It took me 40 minutes to get my tickets on Cineplex

Kalentan

Ended up getting me and my friends tickets for a closed caption version on Friday... It was either that or no movie... I mean subtitles probably won't be that bad. Hell I don't even really mind them. I'm one of those people (which maybe the majority but idk), who still turn on subtitles in games even when they're in english.

I mean I would doubt it but CC versions still have sound... right?

Elitist1945

Ended up getting me and my friends tickets for a closed caption version on Friday... It was either that or no movie... I mean subtitles probably won't be that bad. Hell I don't even really mind them. I'm one of those people (which maybe the majority but idk), who still turn on subtitles in games even when they're in english.

I mean I would doubt it but CC versions still have sound... right?

Doesn't CC just mean hearing impaired can use a special device or something? I'm positive I've been to CC movies before with sound and no captions on the screen.

YES got middle seats at studio movie grill. My three hour quest is over. Now it's time to watch the trailer over and over and play with my star wars toys.

Josh5890

My worst nightmare has been realized. I made it all the way to the confirmation page. I clicked the purchase button and the screen stalled. It isn't loading or anything. Have I been charged? Do I start over? I'm afraid to click anything.

Elitist1945

Huh. Strange. I assumed it would be everyone has subtitles since it's CC but if not, that's great!

Don't take my word for it lol.

EDIT: Not sure where you are, but in Canada Cineplex theatres have something called CaptiView (I believe) that provides captions for hearing impaired.

Sanctuary

Can't wait for this movie, but one thing has been bothering me since the initial reveal, and that's the downed Star Destroyer. I can't tell if it's just a work in progress, or if that's how it's actually going to look in the movie. It doesn't actually look like it's a three-dimensional object, and looks like it's green screened and completely flat to me.

1230712033773956424.png

The lighting is just entirely OFF, unless there's a magical sandstorm that is only taking place in the background. Or hell, maybe it's just a liberal application of the dreaded Chromatic Aberration.

that's the long game. it and many other movies already beat avatar in the short one.
It's the only real game. Best OW and best pre-sales figures and best PG13 domestic or for a film in December and the like are all attempted bragging rights to make up for the fact that it hasn't hit the only record that matters.

Got marathon tickets at Bridgeport for the 16th, plus a set of three IMAX tickets for that Saturday at Lloyd Center. Fortunately I was on when the tickets went up early, and completed the sale before Fandango sent out alerts.

Magnus

Real mess for toronto theatres.

We got tickets for Saturday night IMAX (Great seats to boot), but can't buy anything for Thurs or Fri nights. Sucks.

Cineplex's site has validation errors with email addresses. Really awful. Can't complete orders.

Anth0ny

It's the only real game. Best OW and best pre-sales figures and best PG13 domestic or for a film in December and the like are all attempted bragging rights to make up for the fact that it hasn't hit the only record that matters.

at this rate, this shit gonna hit a billion opening weekend

DOMESTIC

avatar legs are once in a lifetime, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom