• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Izayoi

Banned
PUG's suck in any game. Create a premade or deal with it.
lol

Alright bro.

The PvP has potential, but right now it's a huge drag more often than not. Not being able to go in with a full group is a huge oversight. 4 players can only do so much when the other half of the team is braindead.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
got up to 29 and the Tatooine Bonus Series.

Saw two datacrons require a 40-minute balloon ride, and the second requires a skilled jump AFTER the 40-minute balloon ride. Fuck that.

Probably going to rap the Tat bonus quest, hit the 4th flashpoint, and maybe even do Nar Shadaa bonus land before Alderaan. We'll see if i can grind through all of that.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
got up to 29 and the Tatooine Bonus Series.

Saw two datacrons require a 40-minute balloon ride, and the second requires a skilled jump AFTER the 40-minute balloon ride. Fuck that.

Probably going to rap the Tat bonus quest, hit the 4th flashpoint, and maybe even do Nar Shadaa bonus land before Alderaan. We'll see if i can grind through all of that.

Mind if I ask you what class you are, and if you're struggling a bit? As I'm basically exactly where you are...

I'm a Jedi Knight Sentinel.

I left Tatooine at level 28, just shy of dinging 29. While there, all the early quests were easy enough. But I died like four times on that last Sith encounter (main boss), and again once while fighting the "Sand Demon". I was definitely having some problems, but I feel like I shouldn't be. I'm doing all the main solo quests on every planet, and skipping Heroics. I've done a couple flashpoints, but haven't messed with PvP. From what I've heard, that should be enough to make it. Which I did, but I'm afraid for when I hit Alderaan.

I just wish I had a healer. My companion is okay, I guess... but I'm basically relegated to a single Trauma Medpack per encounter, because of the 90s cooldown. Sometimes my HP just isn't enough.

I spent a small fortune at the AH, and upgraded from 4800HP to 5500HP on my character, so I hope that helps.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Getting really sick of crappy looking armors from quests and stuff. Is there any other way to get good looking armor other than from drops and PVP?

Cystm

lol

Alright bro.

The PvP has potential, but right now it's a huge drag more often than not. Not being able to go in with a full group is a huge oversight. 4 players can only do so much when the other half of the team is braindead.

There is nothing that can be done about that. There is no system that can be put in place to keep dipshits from queuing up for warzones. Circumvent that by creating premades. Just 5 man it if you have to.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Mind if I ask you what class you are, and if you're struggling a bit? As I'm basically exactly where you are...

I left Tatooine at level 28, just shy of dinging 29. While there, all the early quests were easy enough. But I died like four times on that last Sith encounter (main boss), and again once while fighting the "Sand Demon". I was definitely having some problems, but I feel like I shouldn't be. I'm doing all the main solo quests on every planet, and skipping Heroics. I've done a couple flashpoints, but haven't messed with PvP. From what I've heard, that should be enough to make it. Which I did, but I'm afraid for when I hit Alderaan.

I just wish I had a healer. My companion is okay, I guess... but I'm basically relegated to a single Trauma Medpack per encounter, because of the 90s cooldown. Sometimes my HP just isn't enough.

I spent a small fortune at the AH, and upgraded from 4800HP to 5500HP on my character, so I hope that helps.

operative, haven't had a huge issue with bosses, though definitely needed to play smart to handle at the posted level

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Commendation vendors often have some nice weapons and armour which you can purchase with the comms you've recieved through your time questing in the said area.

I've looked through those and they rarely give Light Armor. Even if they do, they're really crappy. And no Torso Armors.

I played Anarchy Online when it first came out for one week, and tried a trial of World of Warcraft and was bored to tears.

Just played a shit ton of this game. SO good. Oh god so addicting.

I played Anarchy Online when it first came out for one week, and tried a trial of World of Warcraft and was bored to tears.

Just played a shit ton of this game. SO good. Oh god so addicting.

Reading comments like this is making the wait for the download to finish even harder. I think the server downtime will make it even longer. :'-(

Edit: What's after English Assets 1?

So what is the general consensus? I remember playing in one of the earlier betas early this year and was bored to tears playing as a jedi. The VA kinda pisses me off for some reason. Do the 'dark' options get better later on (wanna roll a ... 'mace windu' kinda jedi)? And do the quests and what not get as interesting as some of the empire side of things?

Izayoi

Banned
There is nothing that can be done about that. There is no system that can be put in place to keep dipshits from queuing up for warzones. Circumvent that by creating premades. Just 5 man it if you have to.
That's what I'm saying though. You can only get a max of 4 people into a warzone, it's not possible currently to bring in an ops group.

I was struggling a bit on my Marauder until I got Quinn who is a healer companion off of Balmorra (3rd planet for the Imperial side). I don't know when Sentinels get their healer companion, but he will make things about 10 times easier, though a little bit less volatile and fun since he's not particularly dangerous.

Did you read the very post you are quoting? You can't go in with a full premade.

Jarmel

Banned
So what is the general consensus? I remember playing in one of the earlier betas early this year and was bored to tears playing as a jedi. The VA kinda pisses me off for some reason. Do the 'dark' options get better later on (wanna roll a ... 'mace windu' kinda jedi)? And do the quests and what not get as interesting as some of the empire side of things?

Empire is definitely better.

I was struggling a bit on my Marauder until I got Quinn who is a healer companion off of Balmorra (3rd planet for the Imperial side). I don't know when Sentinels get their healer companion, but he will make things about 10 times easier, though a little bit less volatile and fun since he's not particularly dangerous.

Can't you use the droid to heal? Otherwise they don't get another healing companion til late in the game.

Cystm

Is the collector's edition worth the premium it wants me to pay for it or should I just settle for the normal retail edition?

I bought it, and honestly? No, not really worth the 150 bones.

• The stap is novel and will save you the price of buying a speeder(does not cover training costs though.)
  • The camera? Yeah, on use you have successfully taken a screenshot of whatever you are looking at. Waste of space.
  • The statue is not very detailed - decent, but not great.
  • The art book is great. It has a few inserts with blue prints of various things found in-game. Nice coffee table addition.
  • The steel book is also nice.
  • The security key allows you access to a vendor in-game, but can be bought separately from the CE.
  • It will save you potentially a million credits to gain access to the VIP area of your fleets cantina. But so far the vendor only has one item for sale that cost 1,500,000 creds. So again, not worth it.
  • There are a few companion skins that are pretty swank, but, not at that price.

Varna

Sith Warrior here. Where in my quest line do I finally get my advance class? I hit 10 and it said I could unlock it so I figured the choice was coming up soon... But after finishing a flash point and traveling a long ass way the option still hasn't come up? I just talked to my masters after leaving the home world and I have another errand to run. Coming up soon?

Jarmel

Banned
Jesus the CC.

I just got stuck into a match where half the team had PVP armor and were level 45 and higher. So much CC. The Resolve Bar does jack shit.

Cystm

Sith Warrior here. Where in my quest line do I finally get my advance class? I hit 10 and it said I could unlock it so I figured the choice was coming up soon... But after finishing a flash point and traveling a long ass way the option still hasn't come up? I just talked to my masters after leaving the home world and I have another errand to run. Coming up soon?

Typically as soon as you set foot on the main level of your fleet ship. Should be a quest giver right outside the elevator you take from the Korriban transport. Then, the trainer will be in the combat training area on your map.

Izayoi

Banned
Seriously though, Warzones have some problems.

lolzonejl1bp.png

KorrZ

Shit, couldn't sleep...thought I'd pop on SWTOR for a bit and 5 mins after popping on [SERVER ADMIN] Shutting down for maintenance in 15 minutes. God dammit.

Yaska

So I have to pay the $8 or whatever for the key? That kinda sucks.

Goodbye servers. :(

Nap time.

android market and itunes market have mobile applications up and running already for security key.

Maintenance from 11 am 'till 5 pm, bwahaha.

Does anyone know what they're updating with this patch?

Think it's the patch notes from public test server ( I HOPE) so atleast Kira Carsen would be fixed.

Yaska

Good thing I don't have either of those, then. :(

Perhaps you have a friend with android/ipod/iphone/ipad? Can ask them to help to get access to security key guy for a bit ( you can remove it from the account later on I think) and buy bunch of fleet passes.

Won

Happy to hear about the warzone changes. Needed a good reason to avoid that garbage. I will get my filler exp from somewhere else.

Can't wait to get to 50 and 1 shot level 11 players myself.

Sullen

What is with the crazy inconsistencies for some classes about getting companions? Some get their 2nd actual companion (not counting the ship droid) way earlier than other classes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Are there any marauder armor sets that look similar to that level 47 heavy jugg breastplate with a cape? That armor makes me want to play a jugg so bad.

Top Bottom