• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was hating Marauder, then I got Quinn
Concealment Operative's so good at getting quests done
Vanguard is just fun to play

Hard to decide on who to focus on.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The empty feeling is pretty weird. Fair enough in questing areas but major cities should be full of people...
Arent the major cities questing areas? i dont hang out on Dromund Kaas. i hang out on the Imperial Fleet. Terminals are there. Portals to dungeons are there. Every trainer for everything is there. Vendors PVE and PVP are there. The fleets are the main "cities" for this game, not Coruscant/Kaas City.

It says rewards for winning are increased, but they're still being cut down to below what you get for losing currently (due to the completion reward cut). The rift between winning and losing is being increased, yes, but why make the overall decrease so big?

We do not know the extent of the decrease.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone know why I can add my brother's character to my alt's friend list? I try to add him and I try to add my own main and it says that player doesn't exist.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ugh, just encountered my THIRD glitched quest.

I'm playing JK Sent, and am currently on Tatooine. Playing Pre-emptive strike, I have "defeated 10 mandalorians" and "sabotaged the ship and taken out the leader" like 10 times now. This is kinda ridiculous. I give up.

Do you have a Sandy Bridge? Here's a good starter: http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclocking/39184-p67-sandy-bridge-overclocking-guide-beginners.html

Essentially, all you're doing is setting a turbo multipler and trying to find the right amount of CPU voltage to get it stable, all while keeping temps reasonable at 100% load.

It can take a while to figure out as it's best to increase voltage in small increments and you want to spend at least an hour of load testing to check for stability for each setting combination. Since everyone's CPU is a little different, the right settings will be different for everyone - some people can get away with higher clock speeds at lower voltages, while others need quite a bit more voltage.

Took me a whole weekend when I built my new rig, but I have a nice stable 24/7 OC of 4.4 GHz at 1.295v. I can go much higher if I wanted to, but haven't really run into any games demanding enough to warrant the extra juice yet.

Thanks for the info.

I don't have a sandy bridge. I'm running an AMD Phenom X4 chip. It's the 955. Stock it's 3.2 ghz. My motherboard supports some kind of auto level up that will up the juice and change the frequencies but I haven't bothered with it. It seems to cause my system to lock when I did. I know there has to be a better way to do it.

That's for the reply. I'll probably head over to the PC thread to see if they can suggest something.

Varna

Hm. Any way to review completed quest/missions?

Doing the Sith Warrior story
and I just received a letter from Apprentice Malora and she is making it seem like I didn't let her tamper with the creatures brain... but I did!
Small detail, but it's bugging me.

Patryn

Taris is beginning to wear on me, but at this point I've finished my story quests, and I'm just sticking around for the bonus quests. I really should leave, because I'm currently 4 levels above the quest level of my new story mission on Nar Shadda.

MMO Newbie stupid question: What happens if a quest goes grey? Do the rewards reduce from what they would have been? Or does that just indicate that what you'll get is completely insignificant?

Taris is beginning to wear on me, but at this point I've finished my story quests, and I'm just sticking around for the bonus quests. I really should leave, because I'm currently 4 levels above the quest level of my new story mission on Nar Shadda.

MMO Newbie stupid question: What happens if a quest goes grey? Do the rewards reduce from what they would have been? Or does that just indicate that what you'll get is completely insignificant?

Your to high lvl for the quest, your barely gonna get any XP out of doing it, though you still get quest reward for doing it.

I have the Balmorra Bonus series quest stuck in my log and can't abandon it, so I put in a ticket to have a GM remove it or let me finish it or something. I got a message saying thanks for reporting the bug copy pasted 4 times into the same message. Thanks, BioWare!

I just got to 31 and finished Tatooine today. I liked Tattooine. It just seems like there's a bunch of stuff missing there. I thought it was weird that the zone is surrounded by exhaustion areas. They could have easily closed it off with rocks. It's not like there's not a ton of rocks already in the zone. It would have looked just fine. I farmed some moisture while I was in one of the towns. I didn't get anything, but I thought it was funny.

Izayoi

Banned
Really? Well there goes any incentive now for me to do PVP.
Only reason to play PvP at all right now is the gear, really.

It's generally no fun in its current state. Getting matched up with a bunch of people who just hit 10 is more than a little frustrating at times.

Ferny

Was hating Marauder, then I got Quinn
Concealment Operative's so good at getting quests done
Vanguard is just fun to play

Hard to decide on who to focus on.

Even with Quinn, I don't find being a Marauder as fun as I did. They really need some buffs because at this point almost every other class does DPS better. They are weak and can't hold their own in PVPs at all. Im 33 and im sure late game they get better, but they just arn't as fun as I thought they'd be.

Cipherr

Hate to be a broken record, but again TOR has ruined another thing for me. I now recognize the bad VA in WoW. I knew no better before, but now? Running these new WoW heroics have me laughing so hard I cant hit my hotkeys, like they grabbed people off the street and just said "READ THIS!". Shits horrible.

Reminds me of the Wheatley voice acting in the early Portal 2 demo. I thought it was fine, until the finished version shipped and was redubbed with a professional with proper comedic timing and the like. All of a sudden I would go back and listen to the initial actor and realized how bland he sounded.

timkunedo

Hm. Any way to review completed quest/missions?

Doing the Sith Warrior story
and I just received a letter from Apprentice Malora and she is making it seem like I didn't let her tamper with the creatures brain... but I did!
Small detail, but it's bugging me.

Same thing happened to me. i actually did this quest twice with 2 different characters and no matter which route you take you get the same exact response. It must be a bugged quest.

FStop7

Banned
Yay! Now there's a bug where I can't get into Flashpoints.

does it say "the party leader needs to reset the flashpoint for all members" and it still doesn't let you enter even once they do this?

Because I just went through that for half an hour. It took me another half hour to find the group in the first place. And once I finally find one we can't even play.

I'm pretty unhappy with SWTOR today.

Cystm

Hat trick in Huttball, I get nothing. Some asshole tracking last hits on low HP players gets 16 medals.

Cool.

Only reason to play PvP at all right now is the gear, really.

It's generally no fun in its current state. Getting matched up with a bunch of people who just hit 10 is more than a little frustrating at times.

PvP is fun as hell and probably one of the better things to come out of this game. It's in its' infancy, but I can see this games PvP taking off if they ever actually do anymore with it. Arenas or Ranked Warzones would be fantastic.

PUG's suck in any game. Create a premade or deal with it.

Moaradin

Don't even need a full group to have fun in PVP. A Powertech friend of mine and my Operative wreck shit in PVP and it's a blast.

Jarmel

Banned
does it say "the party leader needs to reset the flashpoint for all members" and it still doesn't let you enter even once they do this?

Because I just went through that for half an hour. It took me another half hour to find the group in the first place. And once I finally find one we can't even play.

I'm pretty unhappy with SWTOR today.

Yes.

Moaradin

My friend had that bug earlier when I tried to do the Foundry. What we ultimately had to do was reset the quest but that made us do Boarding Party again since it's part of a chain. Any other flashpoint should let you reset the quest though.

Pretty annoying bug so I hope there is a fix soon.

CzarTim

WZs can be a blast at times, but sometimes they make me so mad I need to take a break from the game for a while.

In six months time, pvp will be the reason I'm playing this game still. Just needs tweaking.

oneils

The game is so packed with ways to level.. questing, dailies, PVP, Flashpoints, space combat.. it is so very easy to get over-leveled.

i just got done with Balmorra. i enjoyed the planet but i have to say.. i needed a break from it. It just kept going and going and going. i almost skipped it and went straight to Nar Shaddaa because the details said Balmorra was like 17-20 or whatever and i had just hit 21 leaving Dromund Kaas. i figured it would be quick but it took me all the way to 26. A couple quests had gone grey but most were filling my XP bar like no tomorrow. i think the main thing that gave the fatigue is you do this huge chain and things are done and as you are leaving to fly away.. guess what? You are needed once again lol

Nar Shaddaa im loving so far. i like the whole city planet, gang warfare thing. Nothing i love more than destroying Exchange chumps.

This is my experience on Taris. The galaxy map says it is for levels 16-20, but I will probably be level 26 before I leave. The amount of missions is insane. Loving it, though.

Top Bottom