• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Dash27

Um you know you can just use the orange gear and mod the hell out of it if you liked it's look better right?

Let me ask this then, what's the best way to get appropriate level armor mods? The vendors in Republic Fleet or on the planets or AH?

It has just been easier to buy the newer armor already modded as I go.

40 PVP gear is pretty dope.

Yeah just got this last night.

erragal

Arrrgggghhh. It's not in my tree. It's in the freaking damage tree.

What tree are you going? Unless something changes my planned ultimate tanking build goes past that in the DPS tree. If I wasn't at work I'd link the exact build, but you want to get 3 second reduced cooldown on Force Scream in the Vengeance tree with absorb on Force Scream in the Immortal tree. You have one point to choose from Fore Charge stun, dot Force Choke, or Backhand. The only defensive ability you lose is reduced CD endure pain and 4% internal/elemental resistance.

I can understand not liking the build because of no crushing blow, but I'm planning on having the sickest force screams ever. It's a dominant PVP build as well, no doubt there.

RotBot

Let me ask this then, what's the best way to get appropriate level armor mods? The vendors in Republic Fleet or on the planets or AH?

Strip the mods out of the new armor, put them in the armor you like.

It costs money, but that's vanity for you.

AH + Modification Commendation Vendors + Quest Rewards.

Get some crafted by Cybertech guildies! They do mods and armoring (important as it affects armor value)

cackhyena

So this is my first ever MMO, I'm coming from playing the original two games.

Any things I should be aware of when first starting out?

What server should I choose if I wanted have the option to play with GAF at some point down the line?

Is there an easy starter sever?

Hoping someone will answer this for me as well.

Arrrgggghhh. It's not in my tree. It's in the freaking damage tree.

Take a mix of the tank and that tree, it's actually what I'm doing. The really high tier tank talents are not essential. Mix of Immortal and Vengeance make you viable in both pve and pvp. Putting all your points into the Immortal tree is pretty much a waste.

erragal

Take a mix of the tank and that tree, it's actually what I'm doing. The really high tier tank talents are not essential. Mix of Immortal and Vengeance make you viable in both pve and pvp. Putting all your points into the Immortal tree is pretty much a waste.

Juggernaut is actually becoming my favorite class because of this. It has the most possibilities for hybrid builds, there's a lot of different ways you can mix/match the talents and come out with something that feels effective. Can't wait to try out all the different build ideas I have.

CzarTim

Hoping someone will answer this for me as well.

What server should I choose if I wanted have the option to play with GAF at some point down the line?

Read the OP for GAF's servers. Keller's Void here in the US. It's PVE, so should be better for newbies. People in the guilds will be happy to help with any questions.

I3rand0

Read up on advance classes and professions, so that when you hit level 10, you'll know which route you want to take with both.

There's a lot of good information in the OP as well, in addition to other random sites.

Juggernaut is actually becoming my favorite class because of this. It has the most possibilities for hybrid builds, there's a lot of different ways you can mix/match the talents and come out with something that feels effective. Can't wait to try out all the different build ideas I have.

Yea, found that they suck at low lvl pvp, but once you get past your 20's they become pretty fun, and in pve they are monsters. I feel gimped playing my alts that aren't my jug.

Lombax

Banned
thank the maker.

Mandalorian Raiders

Crowd control immunity has been removed from several members of the Enemy Boarding Party.

I3rand0

By the way the patch notes say "rewards" from slicing, I'm hoping that means the actual blues / purples that were obtained, and not so much the credits received.

I guess we'll find out. Otherwise it was fun while it lasted.

By the way the patch notes say "rewards" from slicing, I'm hoping that means the actual blues / purples that were obtained, and not so much the credits received.

I guess we'll find out. Otherwise it was fun while it lasted.

Well the blues/purples gained from it were not really an issue as they were so random or just more missions.

erragal

Yea, found that they suck at low lvl pvp, but once you get past your 20's they become pretty fun, and in pve they are monsters. I feel gimped playing my alts that aren't my jug.

My alt is an IA healer so he has his own set of fun tools and tricks as well as a completely different playstyle. Juggernaut is nightmare on the hotkeys however, so many medium cooldown bursty abilities that I need to be able to use.

thank the maker.

Mandalorian Raiders

Crowd control immunity has been removed from several members of the Enemy Boarding Party.

Tanking this was really intense without CC. Those Jedi would not stick to me no matter what!

Jarmel

Banned
What tree are you going? Unless something changes my planned ultimate tanking build goes past that in the DPS tree. If I wasn't at work I'd link the exact build, but you want to get 3 second reduced cooldown on Force Scream in the Vengeance tree with absorb on Force Scream in the Immortal tree. You have one point to choose from Fore Charge stun, dot Force Choke, or Backhand. The only defensive ability you lose is reduced CD endure pain and 4% internal/elemental resistance.

I can understand not liking the build because of no crushing blow, but I'm planning on having the sickest force screams ever. It's a dominant PVP build as well, no doubt there.

Yea after looking at it, ignoring the top two tiers of the Immortality tree and putting it towards the Vengeance tree line might be the way to go. Of course I won't be able to dish out a lick of damage but atleast I'll be able to take it like a champ.

falastini

Speaking of PvP... apparently Hutball has a mercy rule. The game ended when the other team routed us 6-0, and there was still 7 mins left to play... lol.

Yea after looking at it, ignoring the top two tiers of the damage tree and putting it towards the Vengeance tree line might be the way to go. Of course I won't be able to dish out a lick of damage but atleast I'll be able to take it like a champ.

Well if you were going tank build anyways you would expect to not be much of a damage dealer. Seemed odd to me that they put as the top talent a damage ability, but it gives some flexibility to mix at least as I can ignore it and still make a good tank.

Ricker

``Remaining baby names have been added to the credits.``

Glad the priorities are important for the team lol ;)

I hope the Taris stuff they say is fixed was the flickering trees during the cut scenes,really annoying,in fact all of Taris is annoying with no AA so many jaggies...

Pennybags

Keller's Void if you are in North America.

Freedon Nadd for the Euro guild.

Jarmel

Banned
Well if you were going tank build anyways you would expect to not be much of a damage dealer. Seemed odd to me that they put as the top talent a damage ability, but it gives some flexibility to mix at least as I can ignore it and still make a good tank.

Since we got nothing else to do except wait for the servers to go back up, here is a link to what I have in mind for a skill tree build then.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101fbhfzrbkzZhRr0MZMz.1

erragal

Yea after looking at it, ignoring the top two tiers of the Immortality tree and putting it towards the Vengeance tree line might be the way to go. Of course I won't be able to dish out a lick of damage but atleast I'll be able to take it like a champ.

Personally I'm pretty happy with my damage even while tank oriented. You may not get any special main attacks but instead you have crazy rage efficiency in the immortal tree and that leads to more damage overall, assuming you don't get tired of using vicious slash a lot. Retaliation also hits hard and is GCD free so it gives you a lot of compressed burst damage as well.

And every 30 seconds you can Ravage. Fun times there!

Kettch

I hope the Taris stuff they say is fixed was the flickering trees during the cut scenes,really annoying,in fact all of Taris is annoying with no AA so many jaggies...

They really need to put the draw distance for ground clutter option back in. Unbelievably ugly having grass popping up right in front of you and flat, boring ground everywhere you look. Other than that I love how the game looks, just baffling as to why they would take an option out of the game.

cackhyena

Hmmm, Sith Marauder or Assassin. But Agent has a good story. These will be tough decisions come tomorrow when this is loaded up and I'm choosing where to start.

JWong

Banned

Implementing new credits = 10 minutes
Implementing AA option = 1 month+

It's not so much priorities, it's more about low risk, quick fixes being done first.

Jarmel

Banned
Implementing new credits = 10 minutes
Implementing AA option = 1 month+

It's not so much priorities, it's more about low risk, quick fixes being done first.

I knew somebody was going to bring it up.

It's still a disgrace that AA is still not in.

Dash27

What's a good amount of money to have in the game at 40? I had 700k but spent about 300 last night on Speeder Training 2, a new bike and new ship components. Not sure how much I will need to spend beyond this point. I need a new Cargo hold bay. I NEED IT!

Strip the mods out of the new armor, put them in the armor you like.

It costs money, but that's vanity for you.

Well now I feel stupid. Thanks i will do that.

I had to strip and mod some Merc gear for my Jug to look decent as I got stuck for several levels with some awful armor that looks pink in game.

Since we got nothing else to do except wait for the servers to go back up, here is a link to what I have in mind for a skill tree build then.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101fbhfzrbkzZhRr0MZMz.1

Yea thats similar to what I'm going for, though just have everything in the first two trees right now, but the reduced CD on force choke is very attractive.

Having a blast playing Commando.

Had a lot of fun PvPing last night. Find a platform and blast away. Even got my first MVP vote. :-D

I think I'm sticking with this class. I like the ex-Havoc members gone rogue story line as well. Its not as entertaining as the IA story line but its still pretty engaging.

Oh and tanks are very lacking so far it seems. I'm in a pretty populated server and we have a hard time finding tanks.

daedalius

So is there any rhyme or reason to the order in which I use my skills as a BH/Powertech at level 15? Or just mash whatever comes up? I don't really like this, I just feel like a scrub.

What skills should I even be using as powertech mostly? it doesn't feel like the cooldowns on abilities lend themselves to any kind of rotation or priority.

So is there any rhyme or reason to the order in which I use my skills as a BH/Powertech at level 15? Or just mash whatever comes up? I don't really like this, I just feel like a scrub.

What skills should I even be using as powertech mostly? it doesn't feel like the cooldowns on abilities lend themselves to any kind of rotation or priority.

Depends on what you are fighting, but you want to usually plan out your abilities to go along with your companion and what you have them set to perform.

calder

Hit 25 last night, still really loving the game but I'm starting to get annoyed at being on such a low-pop server. The AH is just useless to me for both buying and selling at this point.

It's also kinda annoying how empty the game is on my server in places, I miss the crowds of WoW. There's rarely more than 20 people on whatever world I'm on, meaning while I quest I see a couple of random dudes running around every now and then.

Shame slicing got nerfed, I was just starting to make some money doing it. :p Shitty thing about being a Jedi Consular is that it takes sooooo freaking long to get your second companion, I *just* got the smug doctor last night before I logged out at 25 so I only ever had the ship's droid doing missions.

Animal

Banned
People who have no clue what it takes to develop games or write code making smart ass comments about the lack of certain features or the timing for a fix makes me want to cut myself.

Sokantish

Like change the grid layout or assign keybindings? Because you can do the latter.

I meant to have like 3 bars on the bottom instead of two unless you can have three on the bottom? Changing the size of them so they don't take up so much space would be nice too

Hit 25 last night, still really loving the game but I'm starting to get annoyed at being on such a low-pop server. The AH is just useless to me for both buying and selling at this point.

It's also kinda annoying how empty the game is on my server in places, I miss the crowds of WoW. There's rarely more than 20 people on whatever world I'm on, meaning while I quest I see a couple of random dudes running around every now and then.

Shame slicing got nerfed, I was just starting to make some money doing it. :p Shitty thing about being a Jedi Consular is that it takes sooooo freaking long to get your second companion, I *just* got the smug doctor last night before I logged out at 25 so I only ever had the ship's droid doing missions.

You can't send out your third companion to do misisons for you till you get to 25 anyways. Got mine way before and was annoyed that I couldn't use all 3 of them for missions.

bestami

lvl 42 tracer missile spamming, slicer abusing merc reporting in.
I kinda enjoy pvp but i hate hutball. Not allowing to choose which warzone to queue must be the stupidest design choice ever. The turret one is the most enjoyable to me and i rarely get to play that one.

Even in a high pop server the AH hasn't been utilized as much. The game just came out so give it time. It'll get going soon.

lvl 42 tracer missile spamming, slicer abusing merc reporting in.
I kinda enjoy pvp but i hate hutball. Not allowing to choose which warzone to queue must be the stupidest design choice ever. The turret one is the most enjoyable to me and i rarely get to play that one.

Yea I hope they change that, though I assume no one is going to play Huttball if they do hehe.

Top Bottom