• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Varna

That doesn't sound right. I almost never go below 100FPS on my 580 (with environment lighting and 4xMSAA), let alone going below 60.
Well that's interesting. Does this game run worse with sli at the moment? Because I get some drops looking around certain vista and it's pretty well into the 50s in the really crowded areas.

Lain

Also, as a tank, the ability to interupt your own attacks has saved my group many times. Has allowed me to stop a big attack quite a few times.

It's one thing that you are able to interrupt a channeled or an ability with a cast time on your own because you decide to, it's another to stay still, activate the ability, and it getting interrupted by itself for no apparent reason.

theta11

In comparison, I've maybe had one slicing box bug out on me all the way up to Balmorra.

Safe to say, while it is bugged, YMMV. It'll get worked on.

It was a problem unique to Coruscant and a little on Taris for me. After Taris all the way to Hoth I didn't really come across it again. I always assumed it was from people gathering while their inventory was full and not making room and the node no despawning but also unlootable to anyone else. Doesn't matter anyways...should be fixed now.

Trickster

Yeah but Blizzard has always compensated when the servers were down for a near day or more. The people asking for compensation in this thread over a few hours lost is lol worthy.Dudes trippin hard yo.

You must live in the US. Because I live in EU, and since they decided to have the eu maintenance as the same time as the US one, it means that it's been taking up the entire day so far. I woke up at 10 am, and have waited ( while doing other things obviously ) for the servers to come back online for 8½ hours now, with nothing but an update on the situation promised.

8½ hours and counting is more than a few hours .

Izayoi

Banned
Well that's interesting. Does this game run worse with sli at the moment? Because I get some drops looking around certain vista and it's pretty well into the 50s in the really crowded areas.
It's quite possible. Even on the Fleet or in Warzones my FPS never dips below 60. The lowest I've ever observed it is at ~70.

If I didn't have a 120hz monitor I'd just crank the AA to 16x and be done with it, but I like being able to use the extra frames.

JWong

Banned
Well, might as well post my picture. After seeing another GAF wear it, this is my permanent uniform.

MQ4Mo.jpg

Azzurri

I'm disappointed with my BH Merc :( Does anyone else feel this way? I'm on a PvP server so I like to PvP, but as a Merc I'm screwed, 1on1 besides maybe a warrior I can't win, all my skills are channeled or has a cast time, besides like 3 skills. Now PT, has skills for ever situation, and a hard to take down. As a Merc all I do is cherry pick my fights, because I can't really go 1on1. I wish I would of picked PT, but I don't want to redo 35 lvls.

bestami

I'm disappointed with my BH Merc :( Does anyone else feel this way? I'm on a PvP server so I like to PvP, but as a Merc I'm screwed, 1on1 besides maybe a warrior I can't win, all my skills are channeled or has a cast time, besides like 3 skills. Now PT, has skills for ever situation, and a hard to take down. As a Merc all I do is cherry pick my fights, because I can't really go 1on1. I wish I would of picked PT, but I don't want to redo 35 lvls.

Well i can pretty much kill anything with tracer missles, rail shot and heatseeking missles if they dont heal themselves. I feel like merc is one of the classes that needs a nerf.

Darklord

Banned

You have a stun, 5 instant attacks excluding the normal one that don't need charging, damage over times, a push back, a shield plus all your charging/channeling attacks. You should be fine.

JWong

Banned
IA Operative here, and would love to know which gear this is.

You'll get it from Balmorra Heroics. Don't remember which ones.

Only the chest and legs are custom. The rest are not, but the chest is really the most important piece as mostly everything will look good on it.

RotBot

I'm a Powertech fully specced in the tank tree, but I'm usually #3 or #4 in DPS. The survivability helps. Most Commandos I see are hanging behind supporting the melee classes.

Why didn't anyone tell me Operatives don't bother with the cover system? My urge to roll one is steadily rising.

Because we stealth and stab shit! I only cover if I can't go into melee on a mob fight, so I just snipe until I can.

Well, might as well post my picture. After seeing another GAF wear it, this is my permanent uniform.

MQ4Mo.jpg

Fuck...back to Balmorra, not worried though. I should be able to solo the heroics now. Being an Operative rocks.

Agent Thursday Takes No Prisoners™

Soroc

So I finally start to take advantage of slicing and now they nerf it. Just my luck. :(

Did they really nerf it already?? how so??

I haven't looked at patch notes yet

Glad I started an alt Republic Trooper to do slicing, didn't even get to my first companion yet lol.

At least I still have Underworld Metals as my bread winner.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fuck...back to Balmorra, not worried though. I should be able to solo the heroics now. Being an Operative rocks.

Agent Thursday Takes No Prisoners™
Probably your best bet - there's a very similar looking one from the Hammer Point flashpoint, but I can't remember if that was a rare drop or a quest reward.

JWong

Banned
SWTOR said:
UPDATE 12:00PM CST: Thank you for your continued patience. We do not have an estimate as to when the maintenance period will end at this time. We will continue to provide updates as they become available, and will update again no later than 1:00PM CST. We apologize for any inconvenience.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Gonna play world of tanks...

LowParry

We don't even know the full extent of how nerfed Slicing it. It still could be a big money maker. And that IA outfit. I must have at some point. Trying to get my main to 50 before working more. IA Sniping is godlike in PvP. :D

Trouble

Banned
Did they really nerf it already?? how so??

I haven't looked at patch notes yet

Glad I started an alt Republic Trooper to do slicing, didn't even get to my first companion yet lol.

At least I still have Underworld Metals as my bread winner.
Let the QQ begin!
Slicing

Rewards from Slicing have been reduced to bring them into balance with other skills.
Adjusted incorrect values for medium slicing boxes.

Why didn't anyone tell me Operatives don't bother with the cover system? My urge to roll one is steadily rising.

Even sniper don't really need to always be using cover, they have lot of abilities that work fine outside of cover.

Classes are not meant to be balanced for one on one pvp, lot of builds are going to be more about working with others or more support fashion roles.

That cover system is why I stopped playing my Sniper. Way too clunky to use in PvP I thought. On the flip side... Commando is just perfect for how I play. A mobile ranged class.

Sent

Even sniper don't really need to always be using cover, they have lot of abilities that work fine outside of cover.

Classes are not meant to be balanced for one on one pvp, lot of builds are going to be more about working with others or more support fashion roles.

Not natural cover, but if you want to do anything you need to be crouched at some point.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A large majority of their best abilities are cover only though. ;P

I do find myself moving out of cover a lot to take advantage of the instant snipe after entering cover ability though.

Top Bottom