• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

But all you really get from slicing is generally credit boxes that don't add up to the mats you get from other gathering abilities..

Psh tell that to the 409k credit I have on my consular and 355k credit on my sentinel (both level 25) and the 221k credit on my level 21 Operative.

If you play slicing right you make bank. Shit some people are at 1m+ credits from slicing alone.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
IA Operative here, and would love to know which gear this is.
I got a piece of gear very similar to that in the Hammer Station Flashpoint. There's also a matching hat in there.
swtor2011-12-2702-34-0sw68.png

I'm a Powertech fully specced in the tank tree, but I'm usually #3 or #4 in DPS. The survivability helps. Most Commandos I see are hanging behind supporting the melee classes.
*bro fist* One of the best PVP moments I had was when I got teamed up with a fellow Powertech tank on Alderaan and we just raped faced. Got to the point of the team trying to hide up at their speeder spawn and we'd just grapple them down constantly.

Soroc

Thanks for the patch notes on slicing.

I think it will still be able to make some rly good money. I think just that people trying to use the lower level ranges for more bang for your buck won't work anymore. The numbers for the younger levels will be retuned.

Still going to keep it on my Trooper alt though along with scavenging to keep a nice compliment of money along with my underworld trading money.

Zeal

Banned
I don't mean anything by this, but I'm mostly curious. I think I asked it before but forgot to check the responses.

Do most guy players choose to play female characters just because they like the female models better in games or what? Almost every female I meet on the game, or in a stream, I usually find out to be male either through voice or in-game. Just something I've noticed as a sort of MMO trend, guess.

Mainly my wife is just trying to find some real female players lol.

Garryk

I hate that the Imperial uniform hats make your character bald. I guess they didn't want to deal with clipping issues. I think someone said that the Twi'leks lose their lekku in hats.

LowParry

Psh tell that to the 409k credit I have on my consular and 355k credit on my sentinel (both level 25) and the 221k credit on my level 21 Operative.

If you play slicing right you make bank. Shit some people are at 1m+ credits from slicing alone.

Until they start spending that all on storage space. Shit is expensive.

Izayoi

Banned
Speaking of cosmetics, I dig the Trooper level 40 PvP armor.

Doesn't come across well in the screen, but it's super shiny.

izayoik5jzy.png

Trouble

Banned
Looks like the 'everyone gets a trophy' PVP rewards is being toned down too. I hope this encourages some coordination on the Republic side.

Warzones

General

Rewards for winning Warzones have been increased.
Warzone completion rewards have been decreased.

SI/Consulars get everything. Bah

Yes they do. I played one in beta (Marauder in live) and I really wish I was still an Inquisitor. You get pretty much the most versatile CC in the game, solid healing ability, strong ranged DPS, a really good stun, solid AoE later on and all kinds of goofy utility stuff. Marauder doesn't get shit.

Izayoi

Banned
Do most guy players choose to play female characters just because they like the female models better in games or what? Almost every female I meet on the game, or in a stream, I usually find out to be male either through voice or in-game. Just something I've noticed as a sort of MMO trend, guess.
I enjoy attractive characters. Especially in a game like this where your character's face is always on screen.

Hot damn that looks good.
I'll take a screenshot from a conversation. Looks even better. They really need to fix that high res texture bug. :(

I enjoy attractive characters. Especially in a game like this where your character's face is always on screen.

I'll take a screenshot from a conversation. Looks even better. They really need to fix that high res texture bug. :(

How're you liking your Trooper so far?

Garryk

Yes they do. I played one in beta (Marauder in live) and I really wish I was still an Inquisitor. You get pretty much the most versatile CC in the game, solid healing ability, strong ranged DPS, a really good stun, solid AoE later on and all kinds of goofy utility stuff. Marauder doesn't get shit.
Those are the only classes I have trouble with in PVP as a Sniper.

And don't forget option for stealth!

Seriously Marauder and Sentinel should have at least gotten stealth option, the consular/SI already have way too much functionality and goodies. Marauder/Sentinel get nothing but dps, stealth would have given them more functionality and less stuck in a single role rut.

notworksafe

Just curious, is it better to focus on lockboxes or enhancement stuff? Or a mix of both. Just picked up slicing yesterday and I'm at 30ish.

JWong

Banned
I got a piece of gear very similar to that in the Hammer Station Flashpoint. There's also a matching hat in there.
swtor2011-12-2702-34-0sw68.png

After I saw that the hat makes me look bald, I wasn't going to bother.

There's this headset looking head piece that looked great on my IA. Might post new pictures with it on.

I don't remember a mmo having this many downtime. Almost every 3 days. Ridiculous.

And, I love how they tell you to go to website for update only to put you in the que access the site.

Are you kidding? 2006, 2007 WoW was dying sometimes 3-4 days at a time. This is nothing.

Just curious, is it better to focus on lockboxes or enhancement stuff? Or a mix of both. Just picked up slicing yesterday and I'm at 30ish.

I just focused on the lockboxes. Seems to be doing well for my Sith Inquisitor.

Severs still down? Hooray! That means I can play some other games instead of being addicted to this fucker.

Edit:...FUCK!

Bloodsent

After I saw that the hat makes me look bald, I wasn't going to bother.

There's this headset looking head piece that looked great on my IA. Might post new pictures with it on.

I must have gotten rid of the rewards from the Balmorra bonus series before I fully understood the 100% moddability of the gear. Looks like I can try to solo Hammer Station or something I suppose.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't mean anything by this, but I'm mostly curious. I think I asked it before but forgot to check the responses.

Mainly my wife is just trying to find some real female players lol.
I picked a girl because the female voice actor for the IA was better.

TheExodu5

Banned
Good, it allows the other professions to actually be viable. Never a big fan of slicing myself.

Not a fan of slicing, but it's beyond useless now.

Making less than 1k profit in 30 minutes is just not worth the effort.

Should it have been nerfed? Absolutely. It was just nerfed far too much. Yesterday, you could make 4k profit off a mission. Today? 500 gold. Slicing is nearly 10x less profitable now.

Damn it, all I wanted was to get my speeder before the nerf happened on splicing. This ruins everything! Splicing is a near worthless profession now.
LLShC.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I had mainly went slicing just to afford the speeder trainer. I'm well past that now and have around 100k credits still I think. I can go back to Underworld Trading now I think to go along with Armormech/Gathering.

JWong

Banned
I had mainly went slicing just to afford the speeder trainer. I'm well past that now and have around 100k credits still I think. I can go back to Underworld Trading now I think to go along with Armormech/Gathering.

I know Speeder training 2 is 210k.

I don't know about Speeder training 3 though.

So what are you guys doing not to get the frame rate drop? I did the AA tweak in the ini file. Should I do that in the nvidia control panel? I'm using d3ovrrider to force vertical sync. Should I do that in the nvidia control panel as well? This is my first nvidia card so I don't know the ins and outs. I've always had and and the catalyst control panel was worthless.

Not a fan of slicing, but it's beyond useless now.

Making less than 1k profit in 30 minutes is just not worth the effort.

Should it have been nerfed? Absolutely. It was just nerfed far too much. Yesterday, you could make 4k profit off a mission. Today? 500 gold. Slicing is nearly 10x less profitable now.

Not really, as long as it's still profitable folks will want to do it. Reason being is that it's the simplest profession for making money that takes no actual work. You can make more with other professions, but you got to invest more work and time selling and waiting for your creds.

Lot of people are going to drop slicing now which is good really, but for lot of casual players slicing will still be viable credit source, and always got instant credits you get from slicing the world slicing nodes. Some players don't get involved too much into crafting and such and this will be popular casual job to make credits

Arken2121

Regardless, I've been doing Biochem and have made quite a bit of cash. Not nearly as much as pre-patched Slicing but very close. This really puts other professions in line to be a little more useful and reward yielding.

LowParry

Winning in PvP gets you more commendation as with losing, less. The values are changed after the patch. Winner you get about 70+ while losing 30 - 40 (or so I was told). The rest seems about the same with valor exp, exp, and credits. Anyone tried out slicing to see how nerfed it is?

Top Bottom