• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

J-Rzez

Honestly, if things are going well for them stability wise, which they did in beta, I think they'll just keep putting out more and more waves today. There's no reason for the to stifle their paying customers if things are going good. Give people more days and make them happy.

Dina

How is it backwards to send you an email when you can start playing? If you don't get the email you can't play yet (sans a system glitch). Its simple. You can also check your account page on SWTOR.com.

Except that people are waiting on their invites, anxious when it will appear. Some might stay up late, others might wake up early. I know when I've preordered, but I don't know if I can play tonight, tomorrow or on a friday. It makes scheduling stuff around having a free night incredibly awkward.

They know what their waves are going to be, no-way is this not planned. Why not share the information with the people anxious to play?

FINALBOSS

Banned
Honestly, if things are going well for them stability wise, which they did in beta, I think they'll just keep putting out more and more waves today. There's no reason for the to stifle their paying customers if things are going good. Give people more days and make them happy.

Tons of servers are already full though.

They seem to be doing that, but slowly to see how the servers fill up. If they reach capacity already they are going to have to stop and deploy more servers as it's going to get worse

Somnia

Hit level 13 after running Black Talon twice. Taking a small break as I've been playing since 6AM. Having a good time, grouped up with another Gaffer (Smith in game) the whole time and racked up social points, etc.

Imperial Fleet never had more than 12 people, Dromund (sp?) only had like 10, Hutta was getting crowded as I logged off though I hear (only 1 instance of each). Can't wait to get more gaffers in and start running flashpoints.

Stuart444

So true. I'm cancelling my pre-order, gonna start waiting in line for Guild Wars 2 instead. Who's with me?!

Get in line, I've been waiting since it's announcement :)

Wither I'll still be playing SWTOR or Rift (the other P2P MMO I've played and enjoyed) when GW2 is out is still to be determined though :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yes, keep putting in more and more folks until it breaks!

vaelic

Banned
Hit level 13 after running Black Talon twice. Taking a small break as I've been playing since 6AM. Having a good time, grouped up with another Gaffer (Smith in game) the whole time and racked up social points, etc.

Imperial Fleet never had more than 12 people, Dromund (sp?) only had like 10, Hutta was getting crowded as I logged off though I hear (only 1 instance of each). Can't wait to get more gaffers in and start running flashpoints.

what are social points for?

erragal

Interesting. Does the Sith Assassin have any backstab, etc. abilities? Truth be told rogue happened to be the first class I ever played in WoW, and I loved stealth for questing and getting past mobs. I enjoyed the combo system/eviscerate too though.

Sith Assassin has a positional ability (Maul) and a stealth opener (Spike). From personal opinion they seem to have one of the least interesting rotations in the game but they still do great damage. Since the other assassin tree is a tank they are innately a bit sturdier than a rogue would be as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What does this say for the 20th then?

Going to be some long ass que times.

"Full" is a pretty fluid metric. I wouldn't be surprised if they are keeping the "Full" threshold relatively low today (and throughout the early access phase) to try and get people to spread out across servers before the 20th when servers will get really, 3-hour queue time full.

vaelic

Banned

nope. 4 waves a day

markatisu

I'm not really worried about it being good looking. I just want to play it (if I got it) with little to no hiccups. It ran WoW fine, but I think WoW requires a bit less.

Like I said if you up your system ram (which is super cheap now for your model) you should be ok to play. You should be able to set the settings to low-medium and turn off shadows and bloom

J-Rzez

Yes, keep putting in more and more folks until it breaks!

You're right. They should just cancel everyone else and stop sales of the game, be happy with what they have so there's no risk of things breaking. They have to do it sooner or later, and I'm sure they designed their farms to handle far more than the known EGA amounts anyways. Keep trickling them in and adjusting of the fly.

I don't think their servers are actually "full". They're just capping it to spread people who didn't guild-deploy to other servers more evenly. If servers were true, and they screwed over the guilds, well they're going to take flak.

Ningo

Just hit lvl 13, grouped with Somnia for all of hutta and 2 runs of BT.

Was prompted to create guild when logged in earlier.

Hoping more of you get in soon

hgplayer1

Where the heck are all my Sith GAF brothers at? So lonely on Keller's Void.

I logged in this morning for a short while. Make sure to say something in guild chat as the guild info does not always correctly display how many people are actually on.

Im thinking about rerolling and using my GAF name since I'm in no way RPing this.

J-Rzez

Just hit lvl 13, grouped with Somnia for all of hutta and 2 runs of BT.

Was prompted to create guild when logged in earlier.

Hoping more of you get in soon

They didn't slow down leveling at all from beta? You still hit that wall at around 20ish I guess then?

On a side note, Origin's authentication servers took a shit. Can't play BF3. Wonderful.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You're right. They should just cancel everyone else and stop sales of the game, be happy with what they have so there's no risk of things breaking. They have to do it sooner or later, and I'm sure they designed their farms to handle far more than the known EGA amounts anyways. Keep trickling them in and adjusting of the fly.

I don't think their servers are actually "full". They're just capping it to spread people who didn't guild-deploy to other servers more evenly. If servers were true, and they screwed over the guilds, well they're going to take flak.

Yes, sooner or later... as in, before the game officially launches in a week. If you guys wanted in, you should have preordered earlier imo. Preordering was free and has no risk!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Woot, I'm in (AgentG, a license to kill)! But how do I enable more AA?

Interesting. Does the Sith Assassin have any backstab, etc. abilities? Truth be told rogue happened to be the first class I ever played in WoW, and I loved stealth for questing and getting past mobs. I enjoyed the combo system/eviscerate too though.

They have maul which is one of their bread and butter moves. You have to be behind the enemy to do it.

Whatever you do, don't go marauder, it's going to be a class that ends up being overlooked for raids. It has 3 DPS trees and brings absolutely nothing to the table that can't be brought by another class

Operative is a lot more like a wow rogue than a assassin imo, sure assassin has some things but operative have more things that benefit coming out of stealth,

Wallach

They have maul which is one of their bread and butter moves. You have to be behind the enemy to do it.

Whatever you do, don't go marauder, it's going to be a class that ends up being overlooked for raids. It has 3 DPS trees and brings absolutely nothing to the table that can't be brought by another class

What other class has the +15% dmg/healing CD?

Yeah Operatives are definitely more rogue like than Assasins.

Every MMO has some of those classes and usually it's fine.

Not really, as an example. Wo...that other MMO, rogues in their initial state brought nothing other than DPS and threat dump. Difference being that other MMO's rogues DPS pretty much shitted on other melee classes and they could threat dump which made them very viable.

Marauders so far...their DPS isn't any better than most other classes in TOR. Why bring a Marauder when I can bring an Assassin who can also tank in case we need them to?

Well, Marauders can be a sunder bot =)

oh yea they do have heroism/bloodlust. Will be pretty vital for raids.

Meh, your Warrior/Jugg tank will keep sunders up anyway. =P

What other class has the +15% dmg/healing CD?

I forgot they got that ability. I guess Marauders are like enhance shamans circa BC.....you only need one for the buff :lol:

erragal

Operative is a lot more like a wow rogue than a assassin imo, sure assassin has some things but operative have more things that benefit coming out of stealth,

Sleep Dart and Hidden Strike. That's the list of abilities that can only be used from stealth or benefit from being in stealth. Assassins have Mind trap and Spike. They're identical abilities (Sleep Dart/Mind Trap and Hidden Strike/Spike). They're functionally identical as to what they do from stealth, and it's not very much.

Operatives are only more rogue like in theme than Assassins. They're identically roguelike in the way that they play; if anything the assassin has more tools for actually killing people than the Operative does.

Wallach

I forgot they got that ability. I guess Marauders are like enhance shamans circa BC.....you only need one for the buff :lol:

Thing is I don't think there's a debuff... the more you can stack them, the better. Each one is going to add more rDPS than probably any other class in the game because of that.

Miletius

Marauder is the trap class. Looks cool in game, destined to be the least wanted.

Dresden

Not really, as an example. Wo...that other MMO, rogues in their initial state brought nothing other than DPS and threat dump. Difference being that other MMO's rogues DPS pretty much shitted on other melee classes and they could threat dump which made them very viable.

Marauders so far...their DPS isn't any better than most other classes in TOR. Why bring a Marauder when I can bring an Assassin who can also tank in case we need them to?

DPS slots are going to need to be filled, and it's impossible to guess the state of the endgame this early especially considering that they can be patched. Playstyle will always trump viability unless you're a minmax nerd.

If I ever play this game, though, I'll look forward to all the whining about how a 'pure' dps class should outdamage the 'hybrids'.

Top Bottom