• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Sent

those first three days probably have a huge number of preorders, might even be bigger than the last two months combined

Were people really THAT interested in SWTOR that they had THAT much front loading on the first TWO days? That's kinda crazy to me but so be it.

Ketch

Not sure if this has been posted yet, from SWTOR community forum.

Stephen Reid said:
Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Update: Wave 3 was just sent..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Were people really THAT interested in SWTOR that they had THAT much front loading on the first TWO days? That's kinda crazy to me but so be it.

Probably, yeah. Every other poster on the official forums/beta forums before the wipe had a sig bragging about their preorder date.

Anyway, grats on everyone playing today. I ordered October 19th, so I'm not planning on playing until this weekend.

Hari Seldon

I'm guessing that unless you just pre-ordered it like last week, you should be in on the 15th. The huge nerds all pre-ordered it the day it was announced, and everyone else trickled in here and there.

Ricker

Any of you guys getting this? when I close/exit the launcher it seems it doesn't truly exit because if I try 1 hour later to start it again,it says I can't have 2 instances of the launcher going...I checked my running processes and all and it's not there,nothing in the taskbar,the only way to restart the launcher is to reboot the PC...might be annoying when I actually start to play...

I pre-ordered immediately, although I didn't get the code til the 25th for some reason. They did say "while supplies last" or something. I figured there would be a lot of interest in the game and didn't want to miss out.

Any of you guys getting this? when I close/exit the launcher it seems it doesn't truly exit because if I try 1 hour later to start it again,it says I can't have 2 instances of the launcher going...I checked my running processes and all and it's not there,nothing in the taskbar,the only way to restart the launcher is to reboot the PC...might be annoying when I actually start to play...

Do you have another windows account active?

Emitan

Are you sure launcher.exe isn't running?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm guessing that unless you just pre-ordered it like last week, you should be in on the 15th. The huge nerds all pre-ordered it the day it was announced, and everyone else trickled in here and there.

I chuckled at the reference to "nerds", implying that everyone else playing this MMO is something else :p

Trouble

Banned
Whelp. My account is active!.

I created some characters to save some names, but won't be able to play until tonight.

Well I have 2 PC's running on the same ISP and router most of the time yeah...but one of them can't even run 6 year old games,so I don't have the launcher even installed on that one.

Nah, I meant have a second account on the same PC. I sometimes have a similar issue with Steam or other applications because the same program is opened up on the other user account.

I preordered November 10th... So sad :-( maybe I'll play Vanquish in the meanwhile.

I preordered December 6th and I'm confident I'll be in by Friday.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, got to lv 11 and I'm off to sleep. I have a feeling that the game looks better than during the beta weekend, at least they removed the texture pop up bug.

hgplayer1

Got a chance to log in and create my BH before I left for work this morning.

The guild info screen is glitched it seems. It doesnt always show everyone whos online.

Other than that I had no problems leveling a bit and completing a few quests.

Looking forward to tonight!

Oh and for some of you still trying to get in, spam the launcher if you can rather than checking for the e-mail.

Kem0sabe

Email.jpg

I actually had that problem with the beta but it was with the game itself not the launcher.

pahamrick

Pre-ordered the 21st but didn't actually get the email with my pre-order code till the 25th. So, probably tomorrow for me? S'fine, I'm still playing Skyrim.

Lilsnubby

I'm able to log in but once I get to the select server screen there are no servers displayed. Anyone else getting (what I assume is) this bug?

Moaradin

Performance seems to be much better than the beta. Before I was getting around 40 fps with 2x AA forced, but now I'm running 8x AA and very stable at 80fps.

Hopefully the 24th was a quiet pre order day...

Depends on how long people were talking about the game during that period. If it had a lot of buzz, a lot of preorders would have been generated over those few days. Once the buzz died down I'm sure the preorders dropped significantly as well.

Depends on how long people were talking about the game during that period. If it had a lot of buzz, a lot of preorders would have been generated over those few days. Once the buzz died down I'm sure the preorders dropped significantly as well.

Seems like a lot of people pre ordered on the 25th tho (probably why they will be bumped to tomorrow)

I think this was down to european retailers giving out a lot of codes on the 25th (like Game etc)

This is annoying. Can't figure out why my sound isn't working. Never had any sound issues during beta. Maybe I'll try verifying the files or whatever from the launcher, it's almost as if the sound files are all just missing or something aside from the cinematics.

Azzurri

I got in!

Also, could someone please answer this question.

Will Bounty Hunters have missions where they will actually get to "hunt" player characters like in SWG?

erragal

I got in!

Also, could someone please answer this question.

Will Bounty Hunters have missions where they will actually get to "hunt" player characters like in SWG?

It's already been answered: No.

Every class has story missions unique to them but none of them involve PVP actions (At least that I've heard about).

The game is not structured like SWG at all. EDIT: I wouldn't expect it anytime later in the fashion you're thinking. If there's ever a bounty mission system for hunting other players (Which I doubt) there's no way it would be restricted to one class unless each class was given their own special mission system. All of that seems really farfetched to me, especially at this stage of development. Expect a new operation/flashpoints, dual speccing, modifiable UI as potential update ideas.

Woorloog

Banned
Can someone quickly tell me the Euro Empire server again please

Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Contact my Soh'jin if you wanna join NeoGAF Empire.
EDIT Request to Billychu, replace Empyrus (my SWTOR.com user name) with (or add) Woorloog there. I won't be posting much, if at all at SWTOR.com and the guild sites will be removed from there at some point anyway.

isny

napkin dispenser
Man, not being able to level with friends really sucks. It almost makes me not want to play anymore.

At this point they have at least a 5-6 hours head start over me, and depending on how slow this continues, potentially 1-2 days head start. (If not more...)

All because I preordered from a retailer who sent the codes out late as opposed to from Origin, sigh.

Top Bottom