• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Wallach

I read on the swtor forums that people who preordered in Sept were getting in before others who preordered on day 1. Then a shitstorm hit and the forums are down and none of this surprises me in the least since EA is involved.

Are you sure you weren't getting trolled...? The forums aren't down for me, either.

Sent

I read on the swtor forums that people who preordered in Sept were getting in before others who preordered on day 1. Then a shitstorm hit and the forums are down and none of this surprises me in the least since EA is involved.

I wouldn't go anywhere near those forums for a couple of weeks, latest I've seen is 25th-26th of July.

Moaradin

That isn't true at all.

They couldn't possibly have been trolling right?

They say its a glitch but the number of people who aren't day 1-3s who have gotten in is kind of crazy high if you go by the "I got in" posts on the forums. (Thought they might be trolling. My roommate got in and he preordered a few weeks ago).

Honestly I don't care when I get in as long as I get to play with friends/Gaf members. Since my roommate has my toon's name reserved (he just made a toon on Keller Void, but doesn't play there) I'm not worried about names.

But the people like straight nerd raging are hilarious. I would go on the forums and troll, but seeing as getting banned from the forums seems to get you banned from EA games...I'm not risking it. It really isn't that big of a deal.

LowParry

Morn meet Jira. Jira meet Morn. :D

They're lies and not true. People trolling just to spread false information. Oh and gee, seems like I see...oh, 157 people playing in the zone? Say whaaaa? 50 only per instance zone? 50 vs 50 zones? Psh.

JWong

Banned
Hell yeah, cancelling my preorder for sure. Got a sweet ass deal for retail that I'm going to save way more money than sticking on Origin.

Suck it, early access.

SLV

well, i pre-ordered with shopto, i also got a early access with them, waiting for the 15th, i guess.

JWong

Banned
Gotta cancel my preorder... okay, let's go to customer support Live Chat.

Sorry, there are no advisors available at this time. Please try again later.

Alright, what next.

Leave your number and an EA Advisor will call you. Current wait times are between 6-10 minutes.

Okay, let's do that.

US numbers only.No extensions or toll-free numbers.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

How do I get help outside of US?

vehn

I pre-ordered on the first day through amazon and got in this morning, but I cancelled the order a while back and don't want to play it at all. Wonder if I can sell my account at all...

FINALBOSS

Banned
Quick question--

Can I set it up so all my crew has gathering?

I pre-ordered on the first day through amazon and got in this morning, but I cancelled the order a while back and don't want to play it at all. Wonder if I can sell my account at all...

Can you help me out <3 I'll give you Rage for PS3

Won

Damn only 10 people on the republic fleet. Well more space for me!

Now I need to decide on crew skills. Can't decide between Armormech or Cybertech. :/

vaelic

Banned
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Guess didn't get in for the day, oh well. Ordered on Aug 10th ish. Really just want to see how well it runs on my Vaio Z2, got it after open beta ended.

Anyone playing on the Intel HD 3000 onboard stuff? Really hoping I can game without the extral video card ;)

Thoraxes

So far i'm guessing everything has gone like this:

Bioware states months in advance that Early Access will be done in waves
Bioware gives a whole extra 2 more days added to Early Access
Most people will get in before or very close to the original Early Access date (which will be seen when that day comes)

Result: Bioware shot themselves in the foot, the world is burning from nuclear holocaust, EA is a bunch of money-grabbing assholes, etc.

As for some of the waves things though, that sucks. Remember too though, that besides the e-mail, even if you didn't get an e-mail, you can try logging in with the client in-case your e-mail hasn't been delivered.

JWong

Banned
So far i'm guessing everything has gone like this:

Bioware gives a whole extra 2 more days added to Early Access
Most people will get in before or very close to the original Early Access date (which will be seenw hen that day comes)

Result: Bioware shot themselves in the foot, the world is burning from nuclear holocaust, EA is a bunch of money-grabbing assholes, etc.

That's completely true!

At the end of the day early access fuck ups aren't going to be remembered. Not once players get in.

Of course, it's easy to say now that I'm in but I wasn't expecting my email anytime soon.

Zinga

Banned
I got in on the first wave, everything is amazing and butter smooth, Bioware has done a great job with Day 1 of Early Access :)

isny

napkin dispenser
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST.

Yup, and I didn't get in. Well, that was a waste of a day. Now I get to potentially waste another day tomorrow waiting all day. And to top it off, they aren't starting the invites tomorrow until 9am EST.

Sigh, again, this is the first and last EA game I'm ever going to touch. Such an unorganized and terribly run company.

Zafir

What does full mean in terms of SWTOR then? Do you just get a warning when you try and create a char, or does it just not let you create one at all?

If it's the latter I can see a lot of people being pissed off.

Ketch

The only thing I kind of take issue with, they didn't really say it would be done in waves. Maybe they did... but it was under the giant EARLY ACCESS ON THE 13TH sign... in small print.

I've been following this game through their site, I was in closed beta, a close friend of mine has been following it even closer and It wasn't just until the other day after reading about it here on GAF that I realized we probably wouldn't be playing today. Imagine how the people who's only real 'research' was pre-ordering after seeing the ad that said the 13th in big ol' star wars gold. Those are the same people who would be pissed enough today (and rightly so) to login into the official forums and type in all caps.

While I'm not getting all upset that I'm not getting in, I fully understand the hate the a lot of people are sending their way... and I think they kind of deserve it.

Top Bottom