• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Sent

Thought about breaking down and buying it today.

-Can't buy it on Origin right now
-Can't login to Origin

This makes the decision easy.

Plenty of other places to buy it from, you get the pre-order code right away. Unsure how much early access you would get, but I'm sure everyone gets at least 1 day no matter what.

Xavien

Is General Chat shared between instances? During beta I got into a group that seemd like half of us were in one instance and the other half in a different instance. The game did not bring us into the same instance. At the time no one in the group was aware there were different instances of the same zone.

If that was what caused our issue at the time that is.

It is shared, additionally if you group with another from a different instance, a dialog will pop-up, asking if you want to move to their instance.

Thoraxes

Is General Chat shared between instances? During beta I got into a group that seemd like half of us were in one instance and the other half in a different instance. The game did not bring us into the same instance. At the time no one in the group was aware there were different instances of the same zone.

If that was what caused our issue at the time that is.
I believe it is.
Not sure if anyone knew but they just put up the preorder for the security keys. It's $4.00 plus shipping. There's also a version for iPhone and Android coming soon.

http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key
Yeah, i'm glad they're doing this. Blizzard got the mobile authenticators so right that i'm glad to see Bioware doing the same. Like Blizzard's Mobile Authenticator App, I hope it's free.

markatisu

I believe it is.
Yeah, i'm glad they're doing this. Blizzard got the mobile authenticators so right that i'm glad to see Bioware doing the same. Like Blizzard's Mobile Authenticator App, I hope it's free.

If you click on the link it shows you the iPhone version and says DOWNLOAD FREE (COMING SOON)

That was the only answer they could have given, not sure why everyone on that board expects some kind of personalized response detailing the plans for this rollout. I am shocked it stayed open as long as it did lol

Reid posted about Early Access

Pretty much how I expected things to work. Too many people freaking out and not expecting to get in until the 19th.

Pollux

I think they are under C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\SWTOR\retailclient

I've heard no issues with people bootcamping on their MBPs

Unfortunately my MBP is from 2007 and my MacBook Air from last Xmas won't work either. I don't think...

mik83kuu

Banned
People naming their characters based on characters in the SW books, video games or films are truly the most original people I know. I'm almost envious I can't log in and roll a character called Palpatine or Sidious or w/e. I really am. Honestly.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Earlier I read it on my phone... but can't seem to find it now.

Can someone please re-post the instructions on enabling AA in this game?

Thanks!!

StUnNeR H2K

clever_girl_sm.jpg

JWong

Banned
Preorder cancelled.

Hmmm, now that I'm vindicated from the chains of Early Access waiting, should I get the Standard or Collector's Edition?

Won

Finished Esseles and hit level 12. I guess that's enough for today.

I have to say, while I appreciate that the servers don't crash and burn, I do have to say that I never felt so lonely in an MMO. Kinda boring. :/

gatti-man

I have to say, while I appreciate that the servers don't crash and burn, I do have to say that I never felt so lonely in an MMO. Kinda boring. :/

I wish i was as bored as you!!!!! Ive been at work since nine am staring at my early access email. fuuuuuuuuck my liiiiiiiiiife :-C 7 more hours to go.

KaYotiX

Banned

Better than most launches/early access where 100 people are in the same zone all waiting on quest mobs to spawn.....

I'm loving the smooth launch so far, a lot better than most MMOs in the last few years. WoWs was a damn mess for 2-3 months.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait a sec, is that true? I downloaded the game this morning and my folder is 18.4 GB

Anyone else can check their game folder please?
Game requires 25 GB of free space for installation. Extra space needed is for temp files during decompression/install. Final install size is a little over 18 GB.

Soroc

So they never got rid of the instancing huh?

I was in Beta back in August and really was turned off by the instancing. I could never get together with my group and then there was some type of take the taxi cooldown for switching instances?? Is this still the case? I hope they cleaned it up to the point where you wouldn't even know about it without looking. Should be completely handled in the background

Jira

Better than most launches/early access where 100 people are in the same zone all waiting on quest mobs to spawn.....

I'm loving the smooth launch so far, a lot better than most MMOs in the last few years. WoWs was a damn mess for 2-3 months.

Considering they have let in so few people at this point there's absolutely no stress on the servers, they handled 750k on the Thanksgiving weekend where as they probably let in 100k today if that.

So they never got rid of the instancing huh?

I was in Beta back in August and really was turned off by the instancing. I could never get together with my group and then there was some type of take the taxi cooldown for switching instances?? Is this still the case? I hope they cleaned it up to the point where you wouldn't even know about it without looking. Should be completely handled in the background

The taxi cooldown thing was still in during the Thanksgiving beta, no idea if they changed it.

Soroc

The taxi cooldown thing was still in during the Thanksgiving beta, no idea if they changed it.

Uggghhh I hated that thing. I couldn't get it to work half the time and when it didn't work I was now stuck waiting 30 minutes for a cooldown and would have to drop from group cuz either I couldn't get to the correct instance or my other party members all had cooldowns as well...

I hope its out, no need for a cooldown on instance hopping.

Jira

Uggghhh I hated that thing. I couldn't get it to work half the time and when it didn't work I was now stuck waiting 30 minutes for a cooldown and would have to drop from group cuz either I couldn't get to the correct instance or my other party members all had cooldowns as well...

I agree wholeheartedly, it serves absolutely zero purpose and hinders grouping.

Moaradin

Yup. There is no cooldown for switching instances anymore, and if you join a party that's in another instance, it will automatically ask you if you want to switch to it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
what stats are the most important for a trooper? aim?

Aim for every spec of every AC of Trooper/Bounty Hunter. Totally ignore cunning, willpower, and strength.

Giolon

what stats are the most important for a trooper? aim?

Primary Stat breakdown is as follows:

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior - STR
Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor - WILL
Smuggler/Imperial Agent - CUN
Trooper/Bounty Hunter - AIM

These apply across both ACs for all classes.

Soroc

Yup. There is no cooldown for switching instances anymore, and if you join a party that's in another instance, it will automatically ask you if you want to switch to it.

Oh this is good good news! Thnx for confirmation. Now.... Do I resist or buy and jump in on the 20th :p

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Aim for every spec of every AC of Trooper/Bounty Hunter. Totally ignore cunning, willpower, and strength.

Primary Stat breakdown is as follows:

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior - STR
Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor - WILL
Smuggler/Imperial Agent - CUN
Trooper/Bounty Hunter - AIM

These apply across both ACs for all classes.
thanks

zugzug

I find it funny I got in around 6:30am PST spent the next 2 hours locking in names i wanted. I found that on ever PVP west coast server the name Kali was taken every time. I wanted Kali cuz i was toying with attempting to get the legacy name of Liao, so Kali Liao for all your Battletech story people. :)

On a half of the west coast pvp servers I got the name Mara.

Lucky comes up as an invalid name to use every time. However Trouble is a viable name.

Today was kinda blunder, I did not sleep well last night played from 7am till 10am got to level 5 on a jedi consular now its 4:16pm PST and I'm just now going to log back in for 3 hours of playtime, then go back and play from 11pm PST till I fall asleep :)

Top Bottom