• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Lain

Finally completing my class quest on Nar, I get told to go to my airship and use the holodeck to communicate with Watcher Two. I do that and I'm presented with choices without text.
Why such a silly, completely obvious bug is still in the game is baffling to me.

Edit: And I'm sent back to Nar, lol.

Heysoos

I wish I was exaggerating with this, but I believe I'm at something like 22 loses in a row in Warzones. Fucking Republic sucks at pvp on Keller's Void. That or the game likes giving me really horrible teams.

Meier

Got my Merc up to 37 and the Sith Sorceror I have been co-opping with Agent Dormer (he's a Juggernaut) up to 18. This game is definitely a lot more fun with a partner. The world is way too large to do it alone..gets a bit boring at times.

So there is a huge exploit out there where you sell stacks to a vendor and you can repeat it muitiple times and make a million credits in 15 min. Bet that's what they are fixing.

Choc

Banned
So there is a huge exploit out there where you sell stacks to a vendor and you can repeat it muitiple times and make a million credits in 15 min. Bet that's what they are fixing.

nope, that sounds new to me!

the one they are fixing it would appear is a mail bug.

Izayoi

Banned
Really starting to get disillusioned by all of the RNG bullshit in the game. Will probably not be re-subbing.

15 hardmodes, lost the roll on the crafting item every time, so I'm forced to grind out the prototype reusable medpac.

70 prototype medpacs later and no reusable recipe.

Still missing two pieces of Champion jewelry, and I'm at over 90 Champion Bags opened, but I see rank 20's running around with full sets.

Amazingly frustrated with every aspect of the game right now.

hamchan

I think I'm near the end of Act 1 of the Sith Warrior story. Just finished Alderaan and the story is picking up and becoming epic. Very pleased with it.

frequency

I made an IA Operative because I like the idea of stealth and having the ability to heal. I didn't do a smuggler because my "main" is already a Gunslinger and I don't want to do the story again.

But I can't stand this Imperial bullshit. I just ran into a quest "Testing Grounds". I have 2 options for this quest. Dark Side is to let the slaves suffer. Light Side is to... kill the slaves. What? That's dumb. Just not my style I guess.
On the Republic, Dark Side is usually to be a jerk (which is the same as the Empire basically), and Light Side is to not be a jerk. Why are the Empire choices both about being a jerk.

I guess I'm doomed to repeat the same quests in the same areas over again on Republic side. I'm so not looking forward to stupid Taris again :(
Ugh... I don't want to do a Smuggler again just to have Scoundrel. But I also don't want to do Consular because Jedi are annoyingly uptight about everything.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Really starting to get disillusioned by all of the RNG bullshit in the game. Will probably not be re-subbing.

15 hardmodes, lost the roll on the crafting item every time, so I'm forced to grind out the prototype reusable medpac.

Still missing two pieces of Champion jewelry, and I'm at over 90 Champion Bags opened, but I see rank 20's running around with full sets.

Sounds like you need to take a break. It's just a game.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sounds like you need to take a break. It's just a game.

That's what I did. Small frustrations were getting to me; but I quickly realized I wasn't being fair to the game - I've put 50+ hours into this game since the 13th; more than I do with just about any game. Figured I'd cut back for 48hrs. Didn't touch it at all today... plan to get on late tomorrow night. That way I'm looking forward to PLAYING and ENJOYING the game, rather than just "grinding" through it.

gatti-man

Addiction has its side effects. Watch the playoffs this weekend or something else.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
That's what I did. Small frustrations were getting to me; but I quickly realized I wasn't being fair to the game - I've put 50+ hours into this game since the 13th; more than I do with just about any game. Figured I'd cut back for 48hrs. Didn't touch it at all today... plan to get on late tomorrow night. That way I'm looking forward to PLAYING and ENJOYING the game, rather than just "grinding" through it.

Yeah, I have to really monitor how much I play or I start to get burnt out and everything starts to feel like a grind.

Home

I made an IA Operative because I like the idea of stealth and having the ability to heal. I didn't do a smuggler because my "main" is already a Gunslinger and I don't want to do the story again.

But I can't stand this Imperial bullshit. I just ran into a quest "Testing Grounds". I have 2 options for this quest. Dark Side is to let the slaves suffer. Light Side is to... kill the slaves. What? That's dumb. Just not my style I guess.
On the Republic, Dark Side is usually to be a jerk (which is the same as the Empire basically), and Light Side is to not be a jerk. Why are the Empire choices both about being a jerk.

I guess I'm doomed to repeat the same quests in the same areas over again on Republic side. I'm so not looking forward to stupid Taris again :(
Ugh... I don't want to do a Smuggler again just to have Scoundrel. But I also don't want to do Consular because Jedi are annoyingly uptight about everything.

Not all the choices are that bad. I think the options given to you during that quest are both terrible because no matter what the slaves are screwed. Either they die a horrible slow painful death or a quick painful death, there's no other options.

In my bounty hunter storyline so far I've had the same sort of options as republic side. It's been giving me the option to slay a dude or let him go etc etc. I'd stick through it a little more.

On another note, I find the Republic GAF guild to be > than the Empire GAF guild on KV. Empire GAF has quite a few trolls. :eek: dromund kaas > coruscant though.

hamchan

Not all the choices are that bad. I think the options given to you during that quest are both terrible because no matter what the slaves are screwed. Either they die a horrible slow painful death or a quick painful death, there's no other options.

In my bounty hunter storyline so far I've had the same sort of options as republic side. It's been giving me the option to slay a dude or let him go etc etc. I'd stick through it a little more.

On another note, I find the Republic GAF guild to be > than the Empire GAF guild on KV. Empire GAF has quite a few trolls. :eek: dromund kaas > coruscant though.

:O :O :O wut.

I understand though because Empire GAF loves playing the "<Insert something here> MMO" game lol.

Also my legacy surname is now Awesomepants.

StudioTan

:O :O :O wut.

I understand though because Empire GAF loves playing the "<Insert something here> MMO" game lol.

Also my legacy surname is now Awesomepants.

You realize that Legacy name now belongs to all your alts too? :p

That Sandusky guy ;)

Oh Sandusky :p

Damn, after spending the night with my GF before she goes away for a week, I'm treated to downtime...until right around the point that I head to bed. Gah! Looks like I'm just watching Trailer Park Boys until I pass out since I can't drink due to finding out I have a kidney stone today... :/

Ferny

Yeah, no. We have Sandusky the troll and that's it.

Quite a few trolls? Huh? Lol we have Sandusky and thats about it. The only thing is that MMO thing gets brought up but that is dying down. Everyone else though is helpful and active. Not sure who else could be 'trollin'

Quite a few trolls? Huh? Lol we have Sandusky and thats about it. The only thing is that MMO thing gets brought up but that is dying down. Everyone else though is helpful and active. Not sure who else could be 'trollin'

Seriously. GAF Empire helped me afford my speeder! (Thanks Predeesh! [hope I spelt that right!])

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Got partially through the Foundry before maintenaince, guess we'll try again tomorrow night.

That said, holy shit. HOLY SHIT.

KOTOR fans will love that one...

Emitan

January is usually when I start fighting back against my backlog from the previous year. But I also should be playing this. And Mario Kart 7 is addicting. Grr...

Well I think I'm going to make Bounty Hunter my main character. I've had a lot of fun with this practice character so I'm going to delete him and start a serious one.

I have ..

31 Commando
21 Sage
20 Sentinel

So I just started a Smuggler tonight. Kinda eh so far on the class. I may go Scoundrel for the Stealth and heals.. See how that goes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Have had trouble deciding if I want to go Jedi Guardian or Shadow but I have decided to go Shadow. What server is gaf on?

I am LOVING shadow. I've yet to lose a 1v1 pvp fight and have won quite a few 2v1. And stealth is helpful for just about everything, including soloing 4-man heroics.

Any Gaffers on the PvP West server called "The Swiftsure"? I have:

32 Jedi Guardian
20 Commando
14 Gunslinger
12 Shadow

Let me know if you would like to play some Republic awesomeness.

Yeah, you can't go wrong with an Operative. The story is nice (although not yet epic, level 28), but the skills you get give you lots of utility. Human mobs? Sleep one. Droids? Slice one. Can't be bothered to kill everything to the objective? Sneak through.

Beware if you roll a Medic though. THe game gets way better only after you get Kolto Probe (11 points), more so after you get Adrenaline Probe (21 points).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Perfect! Made my decision easier. :p

Fair warning: the class starts out slow before really coming into its own. Just be patient during those slow times :) Put your points into inf until about your mid 20s, then mix in some balance or go kinetic/balance. I'm kinetic/balance - really good pvp class. Shadow tanks seem to do more dps than any other tank.

I got the "Deceived" audio book and have been listening to it while playing. It's really good. Except for the parts where the narrator does the female voices. That's just weird. This is only the second audio book I've ever listened to. The other one was the WoW novel, Wolfheart. This is way better than Wolfheart. I'm going to have to get Revan after this one. I hope it's as good as Deceived.

I finished off Corellia tonight. I thought it was pretty cool even though I don't really dig these city zones. They're just so segmented and hard to get around because you have to go around all these buildings and sometimes there's tunnels you can't ride through because there's packs of dudes in the way. I didn't like Nar Shada because of that stuff. Give me a nice wide open zone like Hoth and Tattooine over a city any day. But the story in Corellia was pretty cool.

frequency

But even one quest coming up is a huge turn off for me. I was playing and having a fine time until I hit that quest. I turned it off after trying different dialog options to see if I can get around killing slaves fighting against slavery.
I get very invested in my characters in RPGs. Since this isn't just some throwaway MMO story, I care a ton about what my character does. I can just not accept this quest and move on, but this tells me that there are more like this throughout. I don't want anything to do with slavery or racism or random killing.
On the Republic side, I never had to do something despicable.

I want to check out Empire GAF though. I like Republic GAF, although I feel a little left out sometimes. Republic GAF is generally pretty quiet and we never seem to have more than 25 people on at once. The levels seem to be pretty spread out too. I hear Empire GAF is more active and chatty.

Have had trouble deciding if I want to go Jedi Guardian or Shadow but I have decided to go Shadow. What server is gaf on?

Keller's Void

Also, down for maintenance again?! Patches and bug fixes are fine and all but... come on...

JWong

Banned
I want to check out Empire GAF though. I like Republic GAF, although I feel a little left out sometimes. Republic GAF is generally pretty quiet and we never seen to have more than 25 people on at once. The levels seem to be pretty spread out too. I hear Empire GAF is more active and chatty.

Yep, abandon those Republic Scum.

Fair warning: the class starts out slow before really coming into its own. Just be patient during those slow times :) Put your points into inf until about your mid 20s, then mix in some balance or go kinetic/balance. I'm kinetic/balance - really good pvp class. Shadow tanks seem to do more dps than any other tank.

Thanks for the advice. :)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't like how you get shot right off your mount from any damage at all, I hope they change that. It's really annoying considered how close the mobs are to the paths.

Top Bottom