• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Izayoi

Banned
I don't like how you get shot right off your mount from any damage at all, I hope they change that. It's really annoying considered how close the mobs are to the paths.
Get the durable level 40 and 50 mounts. I can die on my mount because it's so durable.

Hell, a guildie got Force Choked on his mount, was able to remain mounted, and got away.

Ken

Any tips for making money? I'm currently level 35, Republic side, with Slicing and Scavenging. Just started Armormech so I'm about rank 60 in that.

Also, got my legacy name.

656306a3.png

DEMACIAAAAAA

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I want to check out Empire GAF though. I like Republic GAF, although I feel a little left out sometimes. Republic GAF is generally pretty quiet and we never seem to have more than 25 people on at once. The levels seem to be pretty spread out too. I hear Empire GAF is more active and chatty.

We've had like 30+ on depending on the time of day. One thing you have to remember, Xmas breaks are done. People go back to their lives.

bjb

Banned
Really starting to get disillusioned by all of the RNG bullshit in the game. Will probably not be re-subbing.

15 hardmodes, lost the roll on the crafting item every time, so I'm forced to grind out the prototype reusable medpac.

70 prototype medpacs later and no reusable recipe.

Still missing two pieces of Champion jewelry, and I'm at over 90 Champion Bags opened, but I see rank 20's running around with full sets.

Amazingly frustrated with every aspect of the game right now.

Yeah the RNG is killing this game for me too. That coupled with the insane amount of bugs in Hardmodes and Operations.

Yet the Dev's are posting about prioritizing fixing emotes while mounted? Shit is just mind boggling. I haven't even seen one developer comment on class balance or combat logs.

It's one thing to grind out Valor ranking, which is fine because that's standard MMO procedure, but to be teased with RNG-based bag loot is utterly ridiculous.

Also as Biochem I've easily RE'd over 90 blue implants in hopes of getting the epic might schematic and haven't seen shit.

Meanwhile some clown on my server has 4-5 of them already, and is running an absolute monopoly on the GTN.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Any tips for making money? I'm currently level 35, Republic side, with Slicing and Scavenging. Just started Armormech so I'm about rank 60 in that.
i would say Slicing but getting 300 credit profit after a 30 minute wait the skill isnt really worth it any longer. Better to just kill a mob and 15 seconds later get the credits without the risk of losing money.

Even though i like being able to loot credit boxes in the world im seriously considering dropping the skill. It would be better if i could farm for my blue and purple Biochem mats. The only reason i dont pick up Diplomacy is because knowing my luck Bioware will unnerf the skill and then id be out 400 skill points in something.

The only tip i can give is kill mobs, sell loot, and dont buy things until you are done leveling. Its all vendor trash until level cap.

jersoc

i would say Slicing but getting 300 credit profit after a 30 minute wait the skill isnt really worth it any longer. Better to just kill a mob and 15 seconds later get the credits without the risk of losing money.

Even though i like being able to loot credit boxes in the world im seriously considering dropping the skill. It would be better if i could farm for my blue and purple Biochem mats. The only reason i dont pick up Diplomacy is because knowing my luck Bioware will unnerf the skill and then id be out 400 skill points in something.

The only tip i can give is kill mobs, sell loot, and dont buy things until you are done leveling. Its all vendor trash until level cap.

you can sell missions for a pretty penny. i've been getting between 2500-4500 for them. most sell out instant i put them up.

otherwise, yeah i agree. but crafting really never makes much money because the loot is almost never comparable to end game gear.

EDarkness

Finally back from vacation. This means I can jump back into TOR after I get my WoW fix. Heh, everyone is probably 50 so I have a bit of catching up to do.

bjb

Banned

Slicing is terrible. Unless you're picking nodes regularly while farming mats (i.e Biochem).

You can potentially net say 20k if you're lucky and get a 340 Underworld Trade Mission or non-shit Augment, but the chances are so slim that the entire profession sucks.

I say this, but the reality is that the other professions are laughable too, so if you're 400 or close, just stick with it for now. Perhaps they'll increase the rewards down the line.

Choc

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu they said 2 hrs

its been 2 hrs!

stuff takes time i know =(

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah the RNG is killing this game for me too. That coupled with the insane amount of bugs in Hardmodes and Operations.

Yet the Dev's are posting about prioritizing fixing emotes while mounted? Shit is just mind boggling. I haven't even seen one developer comment on class balance or combat logs.
Baby names are more important than being able to complete an Operation without running into dozens of bugs. Always keep that in mind.

Sounds like armormech is useless then?
There is literally zero reason to level any craft other than Biochem or Cybertech right now. And even Cybertech is a stretch. The grenades are nice but definitely not as nice as the stims and medpacs that Biochem gets (assuming you can luck out and beat the RNG).

its been 2 hrs!
It's been an hour and fifty-four minutes, actually.

It's one thing to grind out Valor ranking, which is fine because that's standard MMO procedure, but to be teased with RNG-based bag loot is utterly ridiculous.

Also as Biochem I've easily RE'd over 90 blue implants in hopes of getting the epic might schematic and haven't seen shit.

Meanwhile some clown on my server has 4-5 of them already, and is running an absolute monopoly on the GTN.

The game's been launched for 2 1/2 weeks, using the emotes while mounted example against them is pretty silly don't you think? Take a step back and look at it from this perspective, little things are being patched but they're being patched on a continuous and quick basis. Class, Hard Mode and Operation tweaking will no doubt see more love pretty soon here as more and more people start hitting the end game. Right now us 50's are vastly in the minority to those questing after all.

The champion bags I fully expect them to either tweak or just revamp as they go along. Personally I'd love to see them do something about mercenary commendations, its rather silly to have to go trade 600 Warzone commendations for 200 mercenary commendations all the time.

Ken

Baby names are more important than being able to complete an Operation without running into dozens of bugs. Always keep that in mind.

There is literally zero reason to level any craft other than Biochem or Cybertech right now. And even Cybertech is a stretch. The grenades are nice but definitely not as nice as the stims and medpacs that Biochem gets (assuming you can luck out and beat the RNG).

It's been an hour and fifty-four minutes, actually.

Biochem is still useful without getting the reusable stuff at 400 right?

aranth

Geez, how could Bioware miss the infinite credit selling stacks to vendors? This has been apparently around since Early Game Access, and some people exploited it to hundreds of millions.

What a complete fubar'd situation.

Izayoi

Banned
Personally I'd love to see them do something about mercenary commendations, its rather silly to have to go trade 600 Warzone commendations for 200 mercenary commendations all the time.
This is the silliest thing, to me. A 1000 cap on Warzone commendations? Two types of commendations for no real reason? Many of the design choices re: endgame are baffling, really.

Geez, how could Bioware miss the infinite credit selling stacks to vendors? This has been apparently around since Early Game Access, and some people exploited it to hundreds of millions.

What a complete fubar'd situation.
Word is they didn't ban or take the credits from the people who exploited it, either.

Seems like they're sending a loud and clear message to any would-be cheaters.

Biochem is still useful without getting the reusable stuff at 400 right?
Sort of. You level so fast that there's no real reason to focus on lower-tier gear or consumables, but you can make good money off of the people unfortunate enough to not have chosen Biochem by selling Prototype Ultimate/Exotech Medpacs.

Cystm

This is the silliest thing, to me. A 1000 cap on Warzone commendations? Two types of commendations for no real reason? Many of the design choices re: endgame are baffling, really.

Word is they didn't ban or take the credits from the people who exploited it, either.

Seems like they're sending a loud and clear message to any would-be cheaters.

Sort of. You level so fast that there's no real reason to focus on lower-tier gear or consumables, but you can make good money off of the people unfortunate enough to not have chosen Biochem by selling Prototype Ultimate/Exotech Medpacs.

I get the impression they were quick interim solutions to get the game shipped more than anything now. The game is well thought out in certain areas, but in others it feels like they did not actually get to follow through on things at the same level.

The pros of this game are still vastly out weighing the cons, but the RNG PvP gear grind is a fucking terrible design point. I am thinking their logic was something along the lines of:
"PvE gear is random loot. Therefor PvP loot should be random. There, now they are balanced and people should not complain about PvP gear being more viable to obtain than PvE gear for raiding."

They can do better than that, and obviously they should.

Ningo

So getting the kit for mako when u first go to spacestation was bugged for me today, and yes this is my 5th bh.

Then I logged on my operative just before server shutdown and...

And then another agent entered the hanger..

So getting the kit for mako when u first go to spacestation was bugged for me today, and yes this is my 5th bh.

I somehow lost my kit. I went to equip it, I got some prompt asking if I wanted to use it, I chose yes and it never got equipped to her and it's not in my inventory.

hamchan

Is there polygamy in this game? Because I like both Vette and
Jaesa .
(Sith Warrior companion spoilers) and want to romance them both.

Jaesa .

Sorry, no. Having two wives is a perversion of nature that all right-thinking people criminalized long ago, since it would cause society to collapse on itself and then burn in hell for eternity.

On an unrelated note, homosexual relationships will be added eventually.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Really? i thought that these werent going to make it in because its Star Wars.

On an unrelated note, im getting really tired of Huttball. i havent seen another Warzone in 3000 commendations. So much fun running up to score and having an enemy pull you to their starter zone, insta-killing you and resetting the ball.

edit: just noticed i wrote "on an unrelated note" which i previously quoted. Didnt notice that lol

Lain

Sounds like armormech is useless then?

I have armormech and I don't find it useless personally. Firstly, because I make all my armor and the armor for my lovely Kaliyo, secondly because I managed to sell some of the stuff I made and put on the AH.

hamchan

Sorry, no. Having two wives is a perversion of nature that all right-thinking people criminalized long ago, since it would cause society to collapse on itself and then burn in hell for eternity.

Damn :(

I just want to share my love! They shouldn't have given all these attractive girls to the Sith Warrior then. Could have shared some with the Jedi Knight who I see only has one girl.

Also the two hour maintenance turned into four hour. :(

pahamrick

Jaesa .

Judging by some in-game mails that
Jaesa
sent my SW, it might be a better idea to not romance them both.
Darkside Jaesa is one crazy bitch.
(Companion spoilers in the spoilers)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i love the voice acting for the male IA. He pulls some things off so good. Such as the whispering during the end of Act 1 or certain aspects of Act 2 (slight spoilers
the onomatophobia bits

Derrick01

Banned
I want to check out Empire GAF though. I like Republic GAF, although I feel a little left out sometimes. Republic GAF is generally pretty quiet and we never seem to have more than 25 people on at once. The levels seem to be pretty spread out too. I hear Empire GAF is more active and chatty.

Real awesome people join empire gaf so feel free to hop over. The mmo game is pretty much exhausted though I'm sure sandusky will start it again but it's generally talkative later at night.

Jrmint

I've really enjoyed Republic GAF personally. Had some fun conversations in there.

So I'm reading all this praise for Biohchem on here, can someone explain what makes it so great? I have collected a ton of mats for Armormech, so I don't know if I should sell those if I'm going to pick up Biochem or what.

w2000

Funy thing is that I have been enjoying the empire storyline more than the republic one. Characters seem to be easier to lvl, or at least it feels like it. Might have to get my inquisitor to join gaf empire.

Owensboro

I wish I was exaggerating with this, but I believe I'm at something like 22 loses in a row in Warzones. Fucking Republic sucks at pvp on Keller's Void. That or the game likes giving me really horrible teams.

I suggest you try and get a GAF group going and teach a few of us how PvP works in this game! PvP always goes better when one person who completely understands the maps can take charge and tell the groups what to do initially. It also helps that GAF people will listen and (hopefully) want to learn, whereas randoms will just get pissed off because "You can't tell me what to do / how to play!"

Once my new computer parts come in and I can get a framerate better then 15, I was going to try dipping into PvP a bit. I love being a healbot. Lets get a group together!

So I'm reading all this praise for Biohchem on here, can someone explain what makes it so great? I have collected a ton of mats for Armormech, so I don't know if I should sell those if I'm going to pick up Biochem or what.

Biochem helps mostly with supply of Medpacks, Stims/Flasks, and Adrenals. Other players can buy them (except re-usable ones), but with Biochem you are making them yourself, thus saving money.

You could go other crafting profession, but there's no need - gear from quests allows you to advance without trouble, at level 50 best gear is found in Flashpoints/Operations, not crafted.

Souplak

Has anyone done the "Traken-4s Legacy" area quest on Balmorra. Its the one where you have to switch on and off lights.

That one is driving me crazy. Not only is it hard (for me anyway) but they have placed respawning enemies all around the area. Even some that you have to kill to get to one of the switches.

So does anyone have any idea how to do the puzzle?

Wallach

Has anyone done the "Traken-4s Legacy" area quest on Balmorra. Its the one where you have to switch on and off lights.

That one is driving me crazy. Not only is it hard (for me anyway) but they have placed respawning enemies all around the area. Even some that you have to kill to get to one of the switches.

So does anyone have any idea how to do the puzzle?

Couldn't tell you the proper order off the top of my head, but I remember that from a no-lights state it was like 5 or 6 flips to completion. For me the last one I hit was the one furthest from the AA gun, that has the exploding barrel and 3 guys you have to clear to flip.

Souplak

Couldn't tell you the proper order off the top of my head, but I remember that from a no-lights state it was like 5 or 6 flips to completion. For me the last one I hit was the one furthest from the AA gun, that has the exploding barrel and 3 guys you have to clear to flip.

ok thx. I always tried finishing with the one closest to the AA, maybe thats why I never made it.

TimeKillr

Heh, I just received my Bioware Studio Edition from my buddy. He sold it to me for like 160 CDN, which is pretty good I guess!

I don't know what I'll do with it though - I already have the game, so I might just keep it. I wonder if it'll go up in value (it's still a verrrry rare item, especially that). Apparently all the documentation in it is signed.

frequency

I've really enjoyed Republic GAF personally. Had some fun conversations in there.

I like Republic GAF. Nothing against anyone here. It just seems really quiet most of the time (at least when I'm on).

I was still on my vacation though (today is my last day). So I played mostly during the day, when other people were at work. I didn't play that much during "prime time". It's probably more active then or something.

Empire GAF is best GAF.

I have an addiction to making alts, now I have

Level 8 Bounty Hunter - Sunday
Level 10 Sith Warrior (Jugg) - Monday
Level 19 Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) - Tee'hee
Level 25 Jedi Knight (Sentinel) - Prominenet
Level 26 Jedi Consular (Shadow) - Empathy
Level 38 Imperial Agent (Operative) - Thursday

eznark

Banned
Where are you guys going to find good builds? I am playing as a powertech and not really sure how I want to build him.

CzarTim

I wish I was exaggerating with this, but I believe I'm at something like 22 loses in a row in Warzones. Fucking Republic sucks at pvp on Keller's Void. That or the game likes giving me really horrible teams.

This has been what I've been saying for days now! I have to play a dozen matches just to get my 3 daily wins.

erragal

This thread is starting to look like the official forums. Too much RNG whining for me (random is random folks, that's kinda the point). Have fun and keep some perspective; game's been out two weeks.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Empire GAF is best GAF.

I have an addiction to making alts, now I have

Level 8 Bounty Hunter - Sunday
Level 10 Sith Warrior (Jugg) - Monday
Level 19 Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) - Tee'hee
Level 25 Jedi Knight (Sentinel) - Prominenet
Level 26 Jedi Consular (Shadow) - Empathy
Level 38 Imperial Agent (Operative) - Thursday

Jedi?! I'm keeping saturday for good now. So disappointed...

Top Bottom