• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

moop1167

What's the easiest way to scroll to the next hotbar at the bottom? I have 1 and 2 visible, but I don't know how to scroll the first one to 3 and beyond. I admit I haven't spent much time scouring the preferences, but I don't recall seeing anything. In other MMO's I was used to holding shift + 1/2/3 to switch.

Blitzzz

So I got my legacy last night with smuggler
I wish I could have earned some nasty dark side points when killing mother fucking skavak
. Story was a bit weak in the middle while you do all the fetching quests. Also DO NOT read the codex for Nok Drayen when you get it... spoils everything haha

Logged into my consular alt after to start getting her to the fleet and realized there is no way to import keybinds!?!?!?!?!?? setting each alt for my speedpad will be annoying

frequency

What's the easiest way to scroll to the next hotbar at the bottom? I have 1 and 2 visible, but I don't know how to scroll the first one to 3 and beyond. I admit I haven't spent much time scouring the preferences, but I don't recall seeing anything. In other MMO's I was used to holding shift + 1/2/3 to switch.

The default is Shift + Scroll Wheel or Shift + Down/Up Arrow
You can change it in the Key Bindings > Quickslot options.

Logged into my consular alt after to start getting her to the fleet and realized there is no way to import keybinds!?!?!?!?!?? setting each alt for my speedpad will be annoying

That is super annoying. I have a ton of alts and every time I have to go set my keybinds to keep it consistent amongst all my characters.

Not just that, but other options like Alignment Gain in the dialog options and showing the quickslot bars and stuff too.

datamage

Baby names are more important than being able to complete an Operation without running into dozens of bugs. Always keep that in mind.

There is literally zero reason to level any craft other than Biochem or Cybertech right now. And even Cybertech is a stretch. The grenades are nice but definitely not as nice as the stims and medpacs that Biochem gets (assuming you can luck out and beat the RNG).

It's been an hour and fifty-four minutes, actually.

I disagree completely. I am raising Artifice as a JK and it's been nothing but beneficial to me.

I make sure my and Kira's hilts are up to date, and I have no trouble selling crystals on the GTN.

Perhaps this whole don't worry about gear till you're 50 is why some people are struggling with certain classes.

daedalius

So, anyone have any idea why I'd be having weird mouse sensitivity issues?

And by that I mean that it seems like if I get a framerate dip, my mouse/input won't seem to recognize it well and just spin me all the way around. I've managed to fall of of bridges because of this.

When I was playing a bit of pvp last night I turned all my settings down to low, and was still having the issue. I'm fairly certain my system is up to the task, and I have no idea why it is running so poorly sometimes. I do feel it is a performance issue rather than a mouse issue though.

Blitzzz

I disagree completely. I am raising Artifice as a JK and it's been nothing but beneficial to me.

I make sure my and Kira's hilts are up to date, and I have no trouble selling crystals on the GTN.

Perhaps this whole don't worry about gear till you're 50 is why some people are struggling with certain classes.

I plan on taking artifice with my alt consular as well. I personally buy so many mods off GTN that I figure other people must be doing the same. With so many jedi and orange gear, I doubt demand will drop anytime soon

on other note.... some of those purple 340 mission drops sell for a lot of money... looks like I'll keep slicing until I start needing rare mats from diplo

Mairu

It has nothing to do with levelling and everything to do with end-game balance

Artifice is fine for levelling but useless at 50. The only reason I haven't dropped it is because I have some bizarre obsession with unlocking random advanced schematics for alts or friends to use at level 50 for an extremely brief period before they get an easy upgrade from pve/pvp

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Speaking of, has anyone found any orange gear for things like belts or bracers? I have yet to run into any and I'm level 41. Those are the only equipment pieces I need in terms of moddable stuff - perhaps those can only be crafted?

Patryn

So, really: How messed up is the Jedi Sentinel? I keep hearing about how it's terrible, but is it really that bad if you're not going PvP?

jiien

Speaking of, has anyone found any orange gear for things like belts or bracers? I have yet to run into any and I'm level 41. Those are the only equipment pieces I need in terms of moddable stuff - perhaps those can only be crafted?

I have a belt, and I've seen bracers on the GTN. I don't remember how I got my belt. Maybe a heroic? Could have been GTN.

frequency

I just started questing in Tatooine with my Gunslinger.
I'm "overleveled". Everything cons green/easy. But even so, Bowdaar (my melee tank companion) is dying to a group of 4 normal enemies. Corso (my ranged tank) is coming out at like half health. Anything with elites, my companion dies.

What's going on? They have about the same level gear as I do. And I have what Nar Shaddaa gave me/commendation stuff. So I don't think it's an under-gearing problem.

Hari Seldon

I have to say that the slotted outfit thing is the best thing ever to happen to MMOing. Forget the story, forget the cool social point stuff. Being able to dress up my chick toon in hot slutty outfits that upgrade as I put new shit in them is *fantastic*.

I just wish some of the social gear also came in Medium and Heavy versions. Seems like all the cool shit is only light.

datamage

It has nothing to do with levelling and everything to do with end-game balance

Artifice is fine for levelling but useless at 50. The only reason I haven't dropped it is because I have some bizarre obsession with unlocking random advanced schematics for alts or friends to use at level 50 for an extremely brief period before they get an easy upgrade from pve/pvp

Well, I'm currently at 32, I'll worry about 50 when I get there. I enjoy the journey to 50, and having optimum gear on my way there.

If artifice is useless then, I'm sure they'll spruce it up somewhere down the line.

Patryn

I'm "overleveled". Everything cons green/easy. But even so, Bowdaar (my melee tank companion) is dying to a group of 4 normal enemies. Corso (my ranged tank) is coming out at like half health. Anything with elites, my companion dies.

What's going on? They have about the same level gear as I do. And I have what Nar Shaddaa gave me/commendation stuff. So I don't think it's an under-gearing problem.

Tattoine is a massive difficulty spike. It's the first planet where you can't really brute force a heroic solo until you're MASSIVELY overleveled (especially Search & Rescue otherwise known as Fun with Golds and Silvers!).

I was in your position, and I had the same problem. Started dying a LOT. I think the balance is totally off (Nar Shadda too easy, Tattoine a little too hard).

Just keep at it and you'll eventually balance out. Getting a group to run those heroics that is competent will really help, as they can give great gear.

Owensboro

It's because Bowdaar sucks, which angers me because having a Wookie is more fun then having a Space Redneck. Even with that said, I do still enjoy having Corso around. I must be the only person in the world that snickers every time he says "Now you're dumb, ugly, AND dead." Yes, I know I'm stupid. Deal with it.

jiien

I have to say that the slotted outfit thing is the best thing ever to happen to MMOing. Forget the story, forget the cool social point stuff. Being able to dress up my chick toon in hot slutty outfits that upgrade as I put new shit in them is *fantastic*.

I just wish some of the social gear also came in Medium and Heavy versions. Seems like all the cool shit is only light.

I think they're all light so that everyone can use them. I mean, that's the easy way to do it, anyway.

can anyone explain to me why my laptop can run the game ok at about 30fps outside but as soon as I go into a cave or any other building it drops to about 12?? this is completely opposite of any other game I have ever played.

Jibbed

I still can't decide whether to pick this game up or not... is it really worth if even if I have nobody to play with?

Also, my laptop didn't run the beta too well... struggled to maintain a 30fps average. I'd put this down to not being able to change many graphical options in the beta (and the fact that yano, it was a beta).

Is the performance of the game noticably better now than say, 8 weeks ago?

I'm a sage but I had the same problem with my tank companions. I out level the content I'm doing by about 4-6 levels and still I found myself having to heal my companion up every 2-3 packs. I even filled out the gear slots he was lacking in with the level 40 pvp gear and still had the same issue. I read that they nerfed tanking companions in beta because they were too good. I'm guessing they over nerfed them. They might still be of use if you're specced healer though.

It was around Tatooine that I switched to my healing companion instead and I literally never have to stop with him. I'm able to tank elites myself and by the time I'm done looting my companion has already topped me off.

I still can't decide whether to pick this game up or not... is it really worth if even if I have nobody to play with?

Also, my laptop didn't run the beta too well... struggled to maintain a 30fps average. I'd put this down to not being able to change many graphical options in the beta (and the fact that yano, it was a beta).

Is the performance of the game noticably better now than say, 8 weeks ago?

The performance is the same.

If you like bioware stories then I would say its worth it, but I couldn't play this game without my friends.

Anyone else get a weird glitch on Tython during conversations, the trees flicker black and their normal color? Does the Anit Aliasing go around cause this in areas with trees?

Jibbed

The performance is the same.

If you like bioware stories then I would say its worth it, but I couldn't play this game without my friends.

Right :/ if there wasn't a running subscription, or the retail price was a tad lower, I'd just go for it.

Ugh. This game looks amazing as well.

Hari Seldon

I think they're all light so that everyone can use them. I mean, that's the easy way to do it, anyway.

Yeah but that means only the light armor wearers can use them as questing armor. Actually I need to buy a cheap slotted light armor gear and put an equal level armoring mod in it and see what the actual armor difference is between that and heavy armor.

Blitzzz

It's because Bowdaar sucks, which angers me because having a Wookie is more fun then having a Space Redneck. Even with that said, I do still enjoy having Corso around. I must be the only person in the world that snickers every time he says "Now you're dumb, ugly, AND dead." Yes, I know I'm stupid. Deal with it.

I couldn't stand Corso tanking cause he kept grabbing mobs next to me. With Bowdaar at least I can tell him to run into the middle and I can AOE. I like seeing him throw people around like ragdolls too :)

can anyone explain to me why my laptop can run the game ok at about 30fps outside but as soon as I go into a cave or any other building it drops to about 12?? this is completely opposite of any other game I have ever played.

I think it was explained that there are more light sources indoors which is why you take a hit. There was also an issue with shadows but that was supposed to be addressed in last patch

you could try setting DynamicLightsLimit in the settings file to a lower value to see if that helps

frequency

Tattoine is a massive difficulty spike. It's the first planet where you can't really brute force a heroic solo until you're MASSIVELY overleveled (especially Search & Rescue otherwise known as Fun with Golds and Silvers!).

I was in your position, and I had the same problem. Started dying a LOT. I think the balance is totally off (Nar Shadda too easy, Tattoine a little too hard).

Just keep at it and you'll eventually balance out. Getting a group to run those heroics that is competent will really help, as they can give great gear.

I'm not even trying heroics right now. Just doing regular quests. I'll stick with it though.

I'm a sage but I had the same problem with my tank companions. I out level the content I'm doing by about 4-6 levels and still I found myself having to heal my companion up every 2-3 packs. I even filled out the gear slots he was lacking in with the level 40 pvp gear and still had the same issue. I read that they nerfed tanking companions in beta because they were too good. I'm guessing they over nerfed them. They might still be of use if you're specced healer though.

It was around Tatooine that I switched to my healing companion instead and I literally never have to stop with him. I'm able to tank elites myself and by the time I'm done looting my companion has already topped me off.

I don't have a healing companion yet :(
The first 2 smuggler companions are both tanks...

I think it was explained that there are more light sources indoors which is why you take a hit. There was also an issue with shadows but that was supposed to be addressed in last patch

you could try setting DynamicLightsLimit in the settings file to a lower value to see if that helps

will do!

thank you.

30 BH here, I skipped Tattooine aside from my class quest and went right to Alderaan. I found myself getting pummeled by normal mobs. Had to switch back to Mako from Gault. Gault has some nice DPS but not enough to make up for a lack of Mako heals. Might be worth it if I was a healing spec instead of DPS myself.

gatti-man

Empire GAF is best GAF.

I have an addiction to making alts, now I have

Level 8 Bounty Hunter - Sunday
Level 10 Sith Warrior (Jugg) - Monday
Level 19 Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) - Tee'hee
Level 25 Jedi Knight (Sentinel) - Prominenet
Level 26 Jedi Consular (Shadow) - Empathy
Level 38 Imperial Agent (Operative) - Thursday

Jesus you have sop much free time :(

daoster

When you get your next character (after the next planet), you won't be using those two as much. Risha is a ranged DPS, but you two will be killing everybody pretty quickly, except for maybe two elites...then you need Bowdarr or Corso to soak up the damage as you kill fools.

Separate question for people who are doing Cybertech...are you buying your materials, or do they all come from scavenging and investigation?

TheYanger

They REALLY need to fix the WZ wins not counting for quest credit bug. I hate having to win at LEAST 4 every day just to get my '3 wins' quest. I've lost dailies by delaying too long and having them not count before it rolls over too. That's just absurd.

They REALLY need to fix the WZ wins not counting for quest credit bug. I hate having to win at LEAST 4 every day just to get my '3 wins' quest. I've lost dailies by delaying too long and having them not count before it rolls over too. That's just absurd.

Yea that is easily the most annoying bug for me.

Did they just introduce that with the recent patch? I wasn't getting that bug till just recently

CzarTim

At least you can get wins. -_-

Patryn

When you get your next character (after the next planet), you won't be using those two as much. Risha is a ranged DPS, but you two will be killing everybody pretty quickly, except for maybe two elites...then you need Bowdarr or Corso to soak up the damage as you kill fools.

Separate question for people who are doing Cybertech...are you buying your materials, or do they all come from scavenging and investigation?

Isn't Cybertech scavenging and UT? Armstech is scavenging and investigation.

TheYanger

At least you can get wins. -_-

Get a preform or just spam queue. I lose tons as well, but as I got better geared I found I could make more of a difference. The quality of the average player on my server has VASTLY improved too. We don't pug our way to huttball wins or anything usually, but voidstar at least is totally trivial to win at so I just queue until I get 3 (or 4...fucking bug) voidstars at worst.

Top Bottom