• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Thoraxes

Did you get this from netstat -an or what? You shouldn't be able to ping the server directly, but I get a response from this address.

I don't have a configuration folder yet, but wouldn't the primary .ini file save the primary connection ip for the server to automatically display a default character list of the last server logged onto for when you open the game?

I know it does this, and is configurable in WoW.

Okay. It's a bit early to discuss this, but what times would we like to raid?

I was thinking 7-10pm central, or 8-11pm east coast Sunday-Thursday once we are all lvl'ed. Thoughts?

Sent

After not being able to get a full group together for Esseles I'm actually thinking about skipping some days of this early access thing. :/

You better not waste that early access time while the rest of us wait around! lol
KSSI7.gif

Wallach

I don't have a configuration folder yet, but wouldn't the primary .ini file save the primary connection ip for the server to automatically display a character list for when you open the game?

I know it does this, and you can do this in WoW.

It might, but you should not be able to ping it directly. The fact that the request does not time out makes me wonder where the IP actually points.

Dhx

Not sure why I posted whois data as that's worthless. Here's a tracer to Keller's Void from Baton Rouge, LA.

Tracing route to 159.153.64.219 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms 1 ms <1 ms xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 12 ms 12 ms 10 ms 10.134.0.1
3 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms 70.169.88.100
4 19 ms 10 ms 11 ms 70.169.88.192
5 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms btnrbbrc01-pos0200.rd.br.cox.net [68.1.1.213]
6 20 ms 21 ms 21 ms 68.1.2.121
7 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms e-4-90.edge2.Dallas3.Level3.net [4.69.145.204]

8 22 ms 22 ms 21 ms mci-level3-30g.dallas3.level3.net [4.68.62.166]

9 57 ms 75 ms 29 ms 0.ae1.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.96.86]
10 62 ms 65 ms 63 ms 0.so-4-3-0.XT2.DCA5.ALTER.NET [152.63.82.6]
11 64 ms 66 ms 65 ms TenGigE0-7-1-0.GW5.DCA5.ALTER.NET [152.63.39.34]

12 57 ms 58 ms 57 ms dft-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.164.162]
13 56 ms 57 ms 56 ms 159.153.92.82
14 55 ms 56 ms 56 ms 159.153.64.219

Trace complete.

*Tracert from LA funnels from LAX.ALTER.NET to Dallas Fort Worth.

Won

Not able to get a full group of... 2 people? Seems worse then I thought then.

You only need 2 people with their companions, but I would have liked to do it with a full human/Twi'lek group, but no one answered the call. :(

Ended up doing it with two player (me and another guy), but no idea how things will look with the next Flashpoints. Don't even want to think about tanks and healers.

Sent

5 hours ago a stream I was watching, the girl couldn't get a group going for BT...at 8pm EST! Spamming general did nothing and there were 4 people outside BT that didn't want to run it or were already in a group. I'm just pretty sure the servers barely have anyone on them.

Earlier in this thread someone posted a youtube video a gaffer made with some tips and good things to know about SWTOR. One of them was something like "customize your companion abilities!" Was that referring to setting certain abilities to autocast? Or is there a way to literally choose which abilities are on his/her hotkey bar? It won't let me even move his abilities around, they are locked into place.

Emitan

5 hours ago a stream I was watching, the girl couldn't get a group going for BT...at 8pm EST! Spamming general did nothing and there were 4 people outside BT that didn't want to run it or were already in a group. I'm just pretty sure the servers barely have anyone on them.

Did she tell them she was a girl? In the beta I kept using french girl's names for my characters and got a billion party invites from french canadian dudes.

Dhx

Going to bed, but if anyone could post the ip listed in the ini for a West Coast server, that would possibly help determine if the ip listed for Keller's Void from the .ini is useful.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I woke up at 11am Monday after getting a decent night's rest; albeit a tad short. Monday I squeezed in a bunch of errands in the afternoon, and by the evening, I was getting super hyped to finally be playing this game.

There was a sale at BestBuy.com that was teasing me and some fellow users on CAG, and so it quickly became 3 or 4am. At that point, I knew I was gonna pull an all-nighter, and I'd end up crashing in the afternoon.

Never would have I thought - even with all my hype - that the game would keep me awake this long.

I've been taking my slow ass time with this. In the beta, I never leveled any character too high, and never left the starter planet. But even so, I'm missing A LOT just by reading the GUILD chat. This is my first MMO - so I'm pretty newbish. But I'm absolutely loving it.

This is the game I've waited for. For eight years. And I can't believe that, while early, it seems to actually be delivering.

Some screens, in the case anybody wants them:

XWhn9.jpg

VcgPX.jpg

LGQWg.jpg

1Fyuv.jpg

And a glamor shot of my fair lady Triss (Merigold). I'm loving her look.

UhNle.jpg

BFIB

Just started up tonight.

So far, its pretty great. Its a better streamlined MMO than I was expecting, so I'm glad to see a refreshing change.

I rolled a Bounty Hunter, and leveled up to 5 tonight. The voice acting is decent, and as a bounty hunter, you can be a true prick. I'll play through my 30 days and see how this goes. But with Skyrim eating all my time, I may do my 30 days, and hold off until I play through the main Skyrim quest.

Hawk269

18 hours later and I log off at level 22. I am tired, lol.

Holy shit man. 18hours??? I put in 2 so far. I was up at 4am, had to be at work at 5am, got out of work at 4:30pm and started playing at around 5:30pm. Played till 7:30pm and had to eat and relax a bit. I am off tomorrow and plan to put some serious time, but no way in hell can I pull an 18 hour marathon like you. I might top out at about 5-8 hours tomorrow or so.

Retrofluxed

Holy shit man. 18hours??? I put in 2 so far. I was up at 4am, had to be at work at 5am, got out of work at 4:30pm and started playing at around 5:30pm. Played till 7:30pm and had to eat and relax a bit. I am off tomorrow and plan to put some serious time, but no way in hell can I pull an 18 hour marathon like you. I might top out at about 5-8 hours tomorrow or so.

Heh, yeah, it was pretty crazy. The majority of my guild made it in today at 6am CST and we all leveled together. It was nice having Flashpoint groups and heroic content groups ready to go the entire time. And we're getting right back at it this coming morning. We're hoping to be in the late 30s to early 40s before this weekend.

Gala

Played 14 hours since yesterday and I'm nearly finished with Dromund Kaas. Got two hours of sleep and now I'm sitting in university from 8 to 8 listening to boring presentations and can't wait to play again tonight.

I love my friendly Mercenary!

gatti-man

got up to lvl 5 and quit to go to sleep. You guys talked me into bounty hunter and I must say so far I enjoyed sith better. BH is ok but slightly on the cheesy side.

Played 14 hours since yesterday and I'm nearly finished with Dromund Kaas. Got two hours of sleep and now I'm sitting in university from 8 to 8 listening to boring presentations and can't wait to play again tonight.

I love my friendly Mercenary!

how can you go that far at university with 2 hours of sleep? jesus christ. My basic motor skills like walking, would not work. goddamit.

Kryptonic

So with this no grace period issue. I preordered the standard edition from amazon when it first came up for preorders and I got into early access this morning. I chose the free shipping for Amazon so I won't get the boxed copy on day of release. It sounds like I won't be able to play once the 20th comes if I don't have my boxed copy key? If I were to cancel my Amazon pre-order would I still be able to play the early access? Then I could just get the digital version?

Moaradin

So with this no grace period issue. I preordered the standard edition from amazon when it first came up for preorders and I got into early access this morning. I chose the free shipping for Amazon so I won't get the boxed copy on day of release. It sounds like I won't be able to play once the 20th comes if I don't have my boxed copy key? If I were to cancel my Amazon pre-order would I still be able to play the early access? Then I could just get the digital version?

Well, Amazon should be shipping by the 15th now right? If that was the case, you should get your copy by the 20th.

how can you go that far at university with 2 hours of sleep? jesus christ. My basic motor skills like walking, would not work. goddamit.

I used to do a lot worse when I was at university. One night I organised a fundraiser event at a local nightclub which I ran until 3am, left to go to a friend's place for a couple of hours, then started my final project for one of my classes which was due at 9am.

squidyj

I have been known to go with 0 hours of sleep in a night, two nights in a row on one occasion where I had classes with more essays or major projects than final exams :l

Caffeine helped and so did dexedrine.

hgplayer1

ok so I got to level 10, rolled Mercernary, got my crew skills set, and am ready to do some war zones or flashpoint tomorrow night. Should be ready to go around 7pm CST.

Kellers Void server..... I cant remember my characters name lol

Einbroch

Banned
Loved everything about playing today, except one huge issue that is really going to be annoying...

If you're Republic, everyone chooses the light side in flashpoints. If you're Empire, everyone chooses dark. This makes it nearly impossible to be evil when Republic or good when Empire. For instance, in the flashpoint tonight, everyone was light. I wanted to be evil. I won the first "evil" choice. Then they go "are you sure?" and I lose. I have a 12.5% chance to see the dark side ending to that instance every time I run it. I don't want to run an instance an average of 8 times to see both endings.

Sure, a pre-made group could solve this, but they would have to be on board and a lot of them don't want to be evil, thus leading to me "wasting" light side opportunities and points and instead being as neutral a hero as possible (I want to be light side but still want to see evil sides of flashpoints for titles and just to experience it).

I don't know another way they could "fix" this with the system they have. It's just majorly annoying and basically says "well, you better go good if you're Republic because everything you do in instances is pretty much going to be good".

That complaint aside, it's fantastic and I can't wait to play more tomorrow.

CoolS

Can anybody tell me how the iOS Security Key App is working?

It asks me for a serial number, which according to the FAQ should be generated when you load up the app. help :(

Fonds

I started playing as well last night. The guild is currently 8 members strong.
For some reason I can't see everyone in the guild window (so I can't upgrade ranks to members). Apparently it's a UI bug that needs to be fixed.

I'm loving the game still, just wanna get off of tython quick tbh, even though I don't have a lot of time on my hands atm.
I'm just taking it slow, appreciating the game as I go along :p

CzarTim

I started playing as well last night. The guild is currently 8 members strong.
For some reason I can't see everyone in the guild window (so I can't upgrade ranks to members). Apparently it's a UI bug that needs to be fixed./QUOTE]

Hit ctr + u twice to refresh the interface.

Ashodin

I'm totally out for tonight, got all the way to level 11 and I'm a Sentinel now.

Loving every minute of it!

I totally
banged the matriarch
on tython before leaving, so awesome and worth the dark side points.

Zeal

Banned
i see a bunch of streams of the game up. if i preorder now can i get on as in right now? wondering if i'm too late.

I'm totally out for tonight, got all the way to level 11 and I'm a Sentinel now.

Loving every minute of it!

I totally
banged the matriarch
on tython before leaving, so awesome and worth the dark side points.

Oh that is you!

Got my Jedi Knight to 10.. Gonna sleep on my choice for either Sentinel or Guardian..

Got my Lightsaber and my Droid buddy :D Some shots of my guy with Anti Aliasing and without..

Also without AA
KW8UU.jpg

With AA
cRWzJ.jpg

You only need 2 people with their companions, but I would have liked to do it with a full human/Twi'lek group, but no one answered the call. :(

Ended up doing it with two player (me and another guy), but no idea how things will look with the next Flashpoints. Don't even want to think about tanks and healers.

I did black talon with 2 other guys and was healing the crap out of them, even with my basic Sorceror abilities, im level 12 so hopefully I can level quick and help out with the later flashpoints etc.

Top Bottom