• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Hawk269

Maybe I dont remember well, but does anyone else think draw in distance for grass and schrubs etc. is a bit worse than in beta? I thought there was a draw distance adjuster in the beta, but cant remember.

Earned yes. As in i played by the rules, was there day 1 and reap the rewards. Simple as that. Overcrowding does happen but not for this launch. Im glad it wont be a clusterfuck like vanilla wow.

I can't respond to this kind of shit seriously, I guess I JUST DON'T PLAY BY THE RULES.

Sent

Hey is that dev chat going on now or was that an hour ago? Dammit I was the one who posted it here too lol.

Edit: *Damn it was an hour ago doh. Maybe they answered some good questions.

Would be awesome if the exp exploiters got banned or had their chars rolled back

And what's the fun in powerlevelling in this game. People...people

Earned yes. As in i played by the rules, was there day 1 and reap the rewards. Simple as that. Overcrowding does happen but not for this launch. Im glad it wont be a clusterfuck like vanilla wow.

Uh I actually tend to agree that a staggered launch is the best approach for an MMO or expansion to one, but this post is absurd. "Earned" and "paid for" are not the same thing.

Sent

Amazon will be shipping early (15th). SE and CE.

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shi...d_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B005B8DRVU

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

Wallach

They say peple are gaming pvp matches to get the full xp bonus in a couple of minutes. Doing that over and over is much faster than questing.

I don't think they're gaming it as much as there aren't enough people in the queues, so many of them are ending prematurely due to lack of players in the game. Funnily enough, I think it's sort of a problem they created by not sending enough invites to give the servers the population to prevent it consistently.

gatti-man

Uh I actually tend to agree that a staggered launch is the best approach for an MMO or expansion to one, but this post is absurd. "Earned" and "paid for" are not the same thing.

Where did i say paid for? I still havent paid a dime for my preorder. The rules were preorder first get early access. I followed the rules and gained/earned/was given early access like i and others were promised.

Sent

I don't think they're gaming it as much as there aren't enough people in the queues, so many of them are ending prematurely due to lack of players in the game. Funnily enough, I think it's sort of a problem they created by not sending enough invites to give the servers the population to prevent it consistently.

I think it involves people pvping as groups so it probably isn't a population bug/issue. Could just be one big troll. I couldn't care less if people hit 50 in 2 days.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hopefully Gamestop and Best Buy follow suit

In Canada Future Shop still refuses to ship early.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/P...line-Shipping-Date-Concern/td-p/334984/page/6

As I mentioned in the old SWTOR thread though, Toys R Us in Canada should have physical copies in store on the 19th for sale as they bumped the sale date up a day.

No idea if I'm just going to break down and buy it via Origin so I don't have to leave the house, or if I'm going to spend the time to go out and try to get a CE at retail.

Wallach

I think it involves people pvping as groups so it probably isn't a population bug/issue

You can't join a PvP queue as anything larger than a group of four, so it definitely is a population/queue issue. If there was a healthier population in the queue, you wouldn't be able to consistently get the other side of your team set up as people you could coordinate with. If you tried to force the issue by intentionally dropping people from your own group, other people in a more full queue would replace you before the game closed (there's a two minute grace period while the game looks for another user in the queue).

Sent

You can't join a PvP queue as anything larger than a group of four, so it definitely is a population/queue issue. If there was a healthier population in the queue, you wouldn't be able to consistently get the other side of your team set up as people you could coordinate with. If you tried to force the issue by intentionally dropping people from your own group, other people in a more full queue would replace you before the game closed (there's a two minute grace period while the game looks for another user in the queue).

Then it sounds like pure troll/speculation

And once again people are simply whining about not being able to play. Who cares about xp exploits? That goes on in every mmo.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH.

An MMO thrives around balance. Things like this have to be addressed. It has nothing to do with who currently has access or not.

Emitan

sonofabitch

In Canada Future Shop still refuses to ship early.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/P...line-Shipping-Date-Concern/td-p/334984/page/6

As I mentioned in the old SWTOR thread though, Toys R Us in Canada should have physical copies in store on the 19th for sale as they bumped the sale date up a day.

No idea if I'm just going to break down and buy it via Origin so I don't have to leave the house, or if I'm going to spend the time to go out and try to get a CE at retail.

I preordered the regular edition but those CEs do look dreamy.

markatisu

Pretty sure it's EA/BW realizing they fucked up with the grace period and making a deal with Amazon to get it shipped asap.

Before Bioware closed down their forums to clean them they had posted they were talking to Walmart as well so its probably all retailers they are working with.

Regardless I guess since I got in early I just need to play the shit out of it over the next week on the off chance my retail copy gets delayed

Wallach

Then it sounds like pure troll/speculation

I think it is definitely happening, since first day populations in early access are extremely low from a per-server standpoint. Certainly far lower than anything during beta, which probably accounts for their lack of foresight in this particular case. It's a simple fix, though, and the extent of damage it is realistically capable of is extremely minor, since it is dependent on the population remaining low (which obviously as EGA progresses it won't).

Were I BioWare I'd still probably just adjust experience game on a warzone that is force closed and let the rest sort itself out.

gatti-man

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH.

An MMO thrives around balance. Things like this have to be addressed. It has nothing to do with who currently has access or not.

Yes balance as in lvl 50 vs lvl 50 not just who can get to cap quickest. The people doing this would have just power leveled some other way anyways.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So is it possible to cancel a pre-order? Did they bill the full game already? Played for a bit tonight and it doesn't run well on my laptop. Around 13 FPS. :(

Neverfade

I'm diggin this game but man.... a lot of these armors make my female BH look like she has an ass for tits. What in the world is going on with these armor models?

Authenticator app is live (at least for apple stuff)

If I'm getting one in the CE do I need to wait for that or can I pair either/or to my account?

Thoraxes

Lol ninja edit. I was about to say I couldn't find it.
When do most app releases go live in AUS?
Thursdays are usually the big days in the states.

Also guys, choice in server isn't as much about latency issues as it is more about raid times and the likes... at least for someone like me anyways.

Top Bottom