• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Jezbollah

Morning all. Played last night up to level 9, after a day at work - joined up with Fonds' Guild with my Trooper (Dozer) - going to fire up the pc to play today once the 360 Back To Karkand DLC and my new memory foam mattress is delivered :)

so far, so good though with the game. They've really cranked up the graphics since Beta weekend and my trusty old 8800GTX is just about holding it's own on anything up to medium draw distance (I am playing on a 30" Dell monitor...).

To be honest I am kind of dreading the 20th, once the real horde joins in - I hope EA have got capacity planning down because I can see the infrastructure being crushed..

But, either way it's pretty exciting to be playing on the first day of a MMO. Competition for WOW can only be a good thing for both products.

Orgun

Felt good to be playing again. Getting all the guild stuff sorted before opening the servers was a great idea. Didn't have to do the usual gathering everyOne up to form a guild.

Morning all. Played last night up to level 9, after a day at work - joined up with Fonds' Guild with my Trooper (Dozer) - going to fire up the pc to play today once the 360 Back To Karkand DLC and my new memory foam mattress is delivered :)

so far, so good though with the game. They've really cranked up the graphics since Beta weekend and my trusty old 8800GTX is just about holding it's own on anything up to medium draw distance (I am playing on a 30" Dell monitor...).

To be honest I am kind of dreading the 20th, once the real horde joins in - I hope EA have got capacity planning down because I can see the infrastructure being crushed..

But, either way it's pretty exciting to be playing on the first day of a MMO. Competition for WOW can only be a good thing for both products.

Well it should be ok seeing as we should be well away from the starting areas by the time the masses flood in.

Lord Phol

The European Neogaf Empire guild could use some more people, whisper me in-game if you want an invite, I'M Phol and you can find us on Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

5 hours ago a stream I was watching, the girl couldn't get a group going for BT...at 8pm EST! Spamming general did nothing and there were 4 people outside BT that didn't want to run it or were already in a group. I'm just pretty sure the servers barely have anyone on them.

So in the end Bioware didn't do the sensible "COMMUNITY DESTROYING" thing and implemented Dungeon Finder?

demonkaze

The European Neogaf Empire guild could use some more people, whisper me in-game if you want an invite, I'M Phol and you can find us on Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Still waiting for my early access to start but I'm already in the guild. My brother wants in too, so that's two more members.

Orgun

I know at least 4 people who would like to join, my brother for one. Dude is maaaad hooked on the game :)

Replace the second "user" in the OP with whatever your Windows username is. It also won't be created until you launch the game for the first time in case you're only pre-loaded and don't have early access yet.

that clarifies it , thanks. I thought playing the beta would create those folders.

One minor point, I noticed the early heroics are quite a bit harder than in beta, I had to actually group to do them rather than just run with my companion! (which is obviously better imo)

Sent

Both factions have a space station that operates as a hub. There are shuttles to each flashpoint in the game and it encourages people to interact. It's a win/win

Interact by spamming general chat? Oh ok. LFD? No. Something better than what they currently have? Yes please.

I wonder who in this thread will be 50 before I even get in :'(

Fonds

Yeh I'm actually amazed at how smooth they launched this thing. They have quite a few people playing and without any issues whatsoever.

When WoW released I wasn't able to play until 4 days after release because account creation pages were down all the time.
With TOR's release I was able to play the minute I got my invite email and didn't have a queue to get into the server either.

As you're saying though, the real test will come at the 20th, even though I guess the bulk of the players will have been let in by that time.

So far I'm absolutely loving the game. Must say I was absolutely stunned at how effortless the guild creation was. Great job.

Zeal

Banned
I just preordered about 4 hours ago. Do I have as much chance of getting an early access code today as everyone else, or does priority go to those who preordered earlier? Just wonderin'.

I just preordered about 4 hours ago. Do I have as much chance of getting an early access code today as everyone else, or does priority go to those who preordered earlier? Just wonderin'.

You will be back of the que im afraid, they barely got people who ordered in july in early yesterday, im assuming the next 3-4 days will be August and September orders.

stressboy

I did my preorder last week. I expect to get my early access about 20 minutes before launch.

Do NOT fuck me over this time Bioware, I'm already spending more money than I ever should on one of your games. Hell, I'm spending more money on one of their games than I should ever on three of their games.

OTIX

The Physical Security Key is currently available for sale in North America for $6.50 via Origin.com, and will be available in Europe soon for £8.99/€12.99 at Orign.com.
So not only do we get to pay $17 for it but we also have to buy it from a spanish telemarketing company? Thanks EA!

The server list in game yesterday at prime time had none of the servers at high capacity, many were at light capacity. Did they put in ton of new servers or the whole thing on their site saying "full" was nonsense?

Sent

The server list in game yesterday at prime time had none of the servers at high capacity, many were at light capacity. Did they put in ton of new servers or the whole thing on their site saying "full" was nonsense?

It was nonsense. They put an artificial cap.

Stuart444

Well their site yesterday also said there was no European servers (although that's been changed now) so maybe?

Anyway we'll see if I get my invite today... sort of hoping not though still. Just because I have work to do AND I am so damned tired so want to get to bed early.

But if it comes, I'll just have to resist (after making my character of course ;) )

hank_tree

Just got a text from GAME saying that my CE will be available to pick up tomorrow. Anyone else get that? Seems a bit early. I'm in Ireland.

Still showing December 20th at Future Shop. No plans on changing it. I only have $10 down there so if it gets released somewhere else first I'll just grab it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Kinda bummed today that my machine doesn't work well with the game. I was really looking forward to playing it. :(

It is running around 13fps. Any of you computer wizards out there got any suggestions to get that bumped up? Drivers, resolution, anything?

Really want to play some Star Wars.

Kinda bummed today that my machine doesn't work well with the game. I was really looking forward to playing it. :(

It is running around 13fps. Any of you computer wizards out there got any suggestions to get that bumped up? Drivers, resolution, anything?

I think you should post your rig first.

Sent

I'm assuming you've turned off shadows etc?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think you should post your rig first.

Well my "rig" is my work PC, and it's not exactly a beast in the chipset department. It runs WoW on medium to medium-high though, and meets the SWTOR requirements, so it's odd.

Anyways,
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU, M560 @ 2.67 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Win 7, 64 bit
NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Anything I am missing?

Jibbed

I haven't been following the thread much... can someone who played the Beta fill me in on how the retail build differs in terms of performance/gameplay?

Still unsure whether to get this yet.

Well my "rig" is my work PC, and it's not exactly a beast in the chipset department. It runs WoW on medium to medium-high though, and meets the SWTOR requirements, so it's odd.

Anyways,
Win 7, 64 bit
NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Anything I am missing?

Hmm... that rig shouldn't be giving you 13 FPS. Did you turn off shadows like Sent mentioned?

Jibbed

Anyways,
Win 7, 64 bit
NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Anything I am missing?

You're missing the fact that both your GPU, and to a lesser extent your CPU, are not sufficient to play the game at even the lowest settings at a decent frame-rate.

I tried the beta on my laptop (i5 @ 2.7ghz, radeon 5650) and I couldn't get a steady 25+fps. Looking at performance charts, your GPU sits well below mine, which itself is an 'entry-level' card.

erragal

Anyways,
Win 7, 64 bit
NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Anything I am missing?

How much have you lowered your settings? How much memory does your 3100M have; Nvidia says it can have 'up to 512mb'. What resolution are you running at?

bestami

Goddammit. It would be fine if i knew i wouldn't get an early access at all but waiting for these waves, finding out that i didn't get in and hoping and waiting for the next wave is killing me. It would be best for me to forget about the whole thing and wait for my game to arrive but my close friends are already in and they won't stop talking about it :(.

Top Bottom