• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

CzarTim

YF2z3.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
i would think a new WZ would have to be open to both same faction and opposing otherwise the Republic wouldnt see much of it.
That's what I'm saying. Have it be a training scenario, if you will, where people can "spar" against each other - which makes same-side matches possible.

Emitan

That's what I'm saying. Have it be a training scenario, if you will, where people can "spar" against each other - which makes same-side matches possible.

I want republic vs republic on Kellers because I think, as a healer, I can take out half of our faction because ALL OF THEM ARE STUPID OH MY GOD SO STUID

Thinking about switching to Bio, but I don't know how much benefit that would be to a healer.

JMO, but I don't think switching because it's the flavor of the day is necessarily a good long term investment. Imagine what happens once it's more balanced and you wasted your time and money getting a skill to 400 that really doesn't have that much of an advantage anymore.

Emitan

JMO, but I don't think switching because it's the flavor of the day is necessarily a good long term investment. Imagine what happens once it's more balanced and you wasted your time and money getting a skill to 400 that really doesn't have that much of an advantage anymore.

I don't even have a crafting skill right now. I still have high scavenging due to Armstech, but Armstech is pretty useful.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wait... lol, maybe I'm dumb.

I stuck with slicing through the last nerf. No, it's FAR from as profitible as it once was; but to me, it still seems worth it. I'd say I'm about +5K credits just from slicing every hour. Means in a 4hr play session, I typically log off $20,000 credits richer. And I'm still getting creds from mobs, bosses, PvP, slicing on computers, etc that I can use on meds/stims/equipment.

I figured that was decent. Should I be switching?

Tacitus_

It takes roughly a week to level all three skills from 0 to 400. Even if Biochem only retaints the reusable aspect of the consumables it'll still be a powerful profession.

With inflation in full swing, Slicing breaks even on the lockboxes but makes loads of money on the critted mission discoveries. So it's basically 0 cost to roll the proverbial slots on 340 mission discoveries that can sell on the GTN for about 30k depending on the profession it ties into.

IMO the actual crafting system is much more enjoyable than wow's. The problem right now is balance which is much easier to do than retooling the experience as much as your suggestion.

Yea crafting is great here, they just need to balance it and make many of the professions actually viable for end game and in the future and not forget about it

Izayoi

Banned
Lol @ them forcing even more people into Biochem.

Is this a joke?

I stuck with slicing through the last nerf. No, it's FAR from as profitible as it once was; but to me, it still seems worth it. I'd say I'm about +5K credits just from slicing every hour. Means in a 4hr play session, I typically log off $20,000 credits richer. And I'm still getting creds from mobs, bosses, PvP, slicing on computers, etc that I can use on meds/stims/equipment.

Are you cap? 20k credits in 4 hours is an extremely low money-to-time ratio at cap, where there are tons of easy dailies that can give you hundreds of thousands of credits in an hour or two.

I want republic vs republic on Kellers because I think, as a healer, I can take out half of our faction because ALL OF THEM ARE STUPID OH MY GOD SO STUID
I know that feel. Pubs on my server are fucking dumb.

Wallach

Are the nerfs known yet? Like any real numbers?

Supposedly the level 48 Ultimate medpac blue/purple heals slightly more than the Rakata one, but the Rakata increases maximum health by 15% as well for a brief duration.

I'd give you the exact details, but there seems to be no way to copy a character to the PTR. I guess you'd have to take a new character through their starter zone to be able to access the fleet? It wouldn't let me on the shuttle when I ran a new character directly over there.

It takes roughly a week to level all three skills from 0 to 400. Even if Biochem only retaints the reusable aspect of the consumables it'll still be a powerful profession.

I guess, I'm still only in my mid 20s so the problem I run into is just running out of credits to keep doing missions. But I guess if you don't care about the credit loss or the time investment then go for it.

Dina

Supposedly the level 48 Ultimate medpac blue/purple heals slightly more than the Rakata one, but the Rakata increases maximum health by 15% as well for a brief duration.

I'd give you the exact details, but there seems to be no way to copy a character to the PTR. I guess you'd have to take a new character through their starter zone to be able to access the fleet? It wouldn't let me on the shuttle when I ran a new character directly over there.

I think the best medpack I had while leveling healed me for about 3600hp or something. That stll seems pretty good (1 medal instead of 2, but still), even more if they're not touching the cooldown of the medpack when compared to, say, the cybertech grenades.

3.4k-4.5k, 15% max HP increase, HoT removed.

Gotcha, thanks.

CzarTim

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1584114#edit1584114

Crafting Skills

Below, you’ll notice some changes to high-end Biochem and Cybertech crafted items that reduce their output. We understand that these changes may cause concern for Biochemists and Cybertechs, but we’ve made them in order to prevent a situation where any specific crafting skill becomes the objective “best choice” for players challenging endgame content or PvP. We only make this type of change after very careful consideration, and only to ensure a level and fun playing field for all players.

Artifice
All mod type item modification schematics have been removed from the Artifice trainer. These schematics were invalid, and could not be used if purchased.

Biochem
All Energized, Exotech, and Rakata adrenals and stims now require 400 Biochem for use.
The Exotech Medpac is now named “Exotech Med Unit.” Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs, and it temporarily increases the maximum health of its targets. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.
The amount healed by Rakata Medpacs has been reduced. This item now additionally increases maximum health briefly. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

Cybertech
Wynz-Tek grenades now require 400 Cybertech for use.
Wynz-Tek Grenades have had their damage reduced to bring them more in line with grenades of similar level.
The Wynz-Tek Firestorm grenade’s damage has been reduced to bring it in line with grenades of similar level. It now deals damage every 3 seconds over 12 seconds.

Tacitus_

I guess, I'm still only in my mid 20s so the problem I run into is just running out of credits to keep doing missions. But I guess if you don't care about the credit loss or the time investment then go for it.

The money loss is laughable from leveling a profession. The most you'll spend on will be the high skill trainer schematics. If I hadn't finished expanding my inventory, I'd have hit 2 million credits today...

Zafir

Meh, it wasn't even the medpacs that most people were moaning about. It was the fact they aren't on the same CD as warzone packs, and also it was the reusable adrenals which allowed ridiculous crits when stacked with relics/exp increase potion etc.

Typical they nerf it instead of buffing other professions. The medpac is invaluable as a tank in HMs and Operations. So is the Fort Stim and armor adrenal too.

Wallach

Meh, it wasn't even the medpacs that most people were moaning about. It was the fact they aren't on the same CD as warzone packs, and also it was the reusable adrenals which allowed ridiculous crits when stacked with relics/exp increase potion etc.

Typical they nerf it instead of buffing other professions. The medpac is invaluable as a tank in HMs and Operations. So is the Fort Stim and armor adrenal too.

The dumb thing to me is that they fixed all of the Warzone issues by making them share cooldowns and not stack with each other. The changing of Energized and Exotech consumables was totally unnecessary and literally does nothing but undermine their own effort to try and bring Biochem in line with the other crew skills. Really bizarre.

usea

The dumb thing to me is that they fixed all of the Warzone issues by making them share cooldowns and not stack with each other. The changing of Energized and Exotech consumables was totally unnecessary and literally does nothing but undermine their own effort to try and bring Biochem in line with the other crew skills. Really bizarre.
It makes sense if you view it through the lens of "bioware is not so good at mmos."

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Well, they nerfed Biochem and Cybertech instead of fixing the metagame problems surrounding it. Wonder what they'll allow their forum user base to dictate next.
Biochem is way, way, way too powerful. The reusuable medkits heal for too much too often. i would put those at 75% the heal they are right now and a 5 minute cooldown instead of 90 seconds.

TheYanger

5k an hour is pretty poor at 50. You can make 200,000 credits just doing dailies, let alone the 150k MORE you make selling the stuff. I also easily can make tons more just doing diplo or UWT relatice to slicing, which is the real issue. Slicing is ONLY there to make money, and it doesn't do it as well as other mission skills.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
5k an hour is pretty poor at 50. You can make 200,000 credits just doing dailies, let alone the 150k MORE you make selling the stuff. I also easily can make tons more just doing diplo or UWT relatice to slicing, which is the real issue. Slicing is ONLY there to make money, and it doesn't do it as well as other mission skills.

Exactly. Its completely useless. i havent run any slicing missions since the nerf. i can kill enough mobs in 5 minutes of work to make 5k that would take me 30 minutes with Slicing now.

rockx4

Yup, for over 6 years, raided every other day for 5 hours.

There's your problem, you were in a crappy guild that raided for 5 hours 7 days a week. 35 hours of raiding a week, you probably didn't get to run a single dungeon. Any guild that needs 35 hours a week for raiding has issues.

edit: woops, every other day. that's still 15 hours a week!

squidyj

There's your problem, you were in a crappy guild that raided for 5 hours 7 days a week. 35 hours of raiding a week, you probably didn't get to run a single dungeon. Any guild that needs 35 hours a week for raiding has issues.

35 is a lot more than normal, 15 not so much.

rockx4

35 is a lot more than normal, 15 not so much.

Even 15 sounds way too much to me. The most I've raided is 10 hours a week, and that's only when we had to push it if we had issues. It was usually 4 hours a day twice a week. And if we had to we added a sunday\monday for 2 hours.

squidyj

Even 15 sounds way too much to me. The most I've raided is 10 hours a week, and that's only when we had to push it if we had issues. It was usually 4 hours a day twice a week. And if we had to we added a sunday\monday for 2 hours.

I'm not sure what you were doing but that's pretty low compared to the schedules of guilds I've been in 4x3 or 3x4 with a couple 3x5's. No 5x3s, thank goodness.

gatti-man

The money loss is laughable from leveling a profession. The most you'll spend on will be the high skill trainer schematics. If I hadn't finished expanding my inventory, I'd have hit 2 million credits today...

If money comes so easy for you send me some please! Sn gatti-man.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

No we did just fine thank you and I'm sorry but the 5 man stuff in wow was borring as fuck. I never played the game longer than I was on for the raids. I actually enjoyed them. My life in wow was, log in get some flask mats, raid. Log off, log on raid. Repeat. Soon as the raid was over I was turning that shit off to go play real games. We had about 35 people that raided so we constantly did everything til everyone was decked out with the stuff they needed to push them to the next area they could go to. I was one of the highest dps in the guild so I offered to always help.

gatti-man

Biochem is way, way, way too powerful. The reusuable medkits heal for too much too often. i would put those at 75% the heal they are right now and a 5 minute cooldown instead of 90 seconds.

Either that or make the other skills actually matter like biochem
id prefer they buff other skills.

Alex

I'm Biochem! DON'T NERF ME, BRO.

They probably will but the moral of the story is: always take alchemy in MMOs. Very consistent profession since it doesn't have any of the caveats of gear and class balance like other professions and skills do.

Top Bottom