• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

The real gem from that page:

j0Hb82itU3Y0W.jpg

Holy shit, it's Ornstein and Smough.

Heysoos

So very underwhelming attendance from GAF Republic yea

Yep. It's really discouraging trying to get into a community, when people can't take 20-30 minutes off to show up to do something fun with the guild. I've never really played MMOs too much before, but this makes it hard to contribute to a "guild" bank. I'd rather have the stuff myself and give it directly to the people who are active with the guild. If it sounds like I'm being a dick, then I apologize, just really disappointed with the turn out for Republic Gaf.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
One thing i love about the game is all the interesting threads that are created with the possibility of certain characters returning. i really hope these guys..
32DQv.png

make another appearance.

Ferny

There was a couple people on the Empire side like that as well but once the battles actually got bigger, a lot of them were like YEAH INVITE ME. Sucks there have been like only six of you guys.

Wallach

I'm Biochem! DON'T NERF ME, BRO.

They probably will but the moral of the story is: always take alchemy in MMOs. Very consistent profession since it doesn't have any of the caveats of gear and class balance like other professions and skills do.

Don't worry, their solution was to nerf the medpacs, then nerf everyone that wasn't Biochem at the same time. We'll call it a burf.

Dina

So apparently, secondary tankstats (absorb, defence, shield) aren't as good as I thought they are in PvP. As in, they're not good at all unless vs white attacks of 3/8 of all the classes (assuming a perfect spread, which is bullcrap because at least 30-40% are sorcs).

Yet, is still is abundant on the tank PvP gear. And I find this out just after I complete my Champion PvP set, which means I get to do it again for Combat-Tech. Bleeegh.

Zafir

Biochem is way, way, way too powerful. The reusuable medkits heal for too much too often. i would put those at 75% the heal they are right now and a 5 minute cooldown instead of 90 seconds.
Yeah, it heals for 1500 more than a normal medkit and has the same CD, waaaay overpowered, right. Maybe as a class who can also heal, but as a warrior it's hardly overpowered.

The point is, that is our bonus for taking the profession. Unfortunately all the other professions don't have such a bonus, which is why they need buffing. Not Biochem being nerfed to equally useless levels.
So apparently, secondary tankstats (absorb, defence, shield) aren't as good as I thought they are in PvP. As in, they're not good at all unless vs white attacks of 3/8 of all the classes (assuming a perfect spread, which is bullcrap because at least 30-40% are sorcs).

Yet, is still is abundant on the tank PvP gear. And I find this out just after I complete my Champion PvP set, which means I get to do it again for Combat-Tech. Bleeegh.
Yeah, I found that out too the other day. Also the Jugg tanking sets 2 piece bonus is bugged. Basically I have a talent to make force choke which is channelled, into an instant. The bonus adds 1 second on to it, unfortunately it doesn't stack so I now have to channel it for 1 second. Making the 2 piece bonus as equally useless.

Wallach

Yeah, it heals for 1500 more than a normal medkit and has the same CD, waaaay overpowered, right. Maybe as a class who can also heal, but as a warrior it's hardly overpowered.

The point is, that is our bonus for taking the profession. Unfortunately all the other professions don't have such a bonus, which is why they need buffing. Not Biochem being nerfed to equally useless levels.

Well, it's not even the best part; currently non-Biochemists are supposed to be able to use Exotechs, which are only like 300 healing less than a Rakata. But in 1.1 they won't be able to use Energized or Exotech, they're stuck with the level 48 ones that will heal about the same as the nerfed medpacs, but without the 15% health buff. At the same time they'll be permanently locked out of level 50+ stims and adrenals, so the discrepancy between Biochem and non-Biochem only got bigger, not smaller.

Milly79

Yep. It's really discouraging trying to get into a community, when people can't take 20-30 minutes off to show up to do something fun with the guild. I've never really played MMOs too much before, but this makes it hard to contribute to a "guild" bank. I'd rather have the stuff myself and give it directly to the people who are active with the guild. If it sounds like I'm being a dick, then I apologize, just really disappointed with the turn out for Republic Gaf.

don't worry, Empire side may have more and be more active, but it's like pulling teeth to get help from any of the 50s.

Ferny

We had atleast 16 in the Ops group itself. Who have you asked for help thats 50 Milly? Most of them are all pretty helpful.

Milly79

We had atleast 16 in the Ops group itself. Who have you asked for help thats 50 Milly? Most of them are all pretty helpful.

No one specific, I'm just saying. Multiple flashpoints and heroics have gone by without any help, although I've asked 2-3 times. Most just ignore it. They're fine helping with credits or questions, but anything else is stretch. I try and run the lowbies and help out with credits when they ask. Especially Thursday. :lol

Alex

My ping to the GAF server is sky high, sadly. 150~ish average. I'll just stick on my lil' west coat haunt with my 40ms ping.

I would have logged on but I'm not 50 lol..

Also I was in London from Monday - Thursday evening and just got home from work about 30 mins ago so haven't been keeping up with the thread but I'm back (TO MAKE ANOTHER ALT!)

Derrick01

Banned
don't worry, Empire side may have more and be more active, but it's like pulling teeth to get help from any of the 50s.

Bahamut came all the way from Belsavis to Korriban to help me with my final class quest. You probably just caught people at the wrong time/moment.

Milly79

Bahamut came all the way from Belsavis to Korriban to help me with my final class quest. You probably just caught people at the wrong time/moment.

Multiple times asking? No. I don't think so. Maybe I'll rephrase it to "need help" instead of "anyone want to go".

frequency

I was already in the middle of Heroic group (which is hard enough for me to get started) when the GAF event started. It ended before I even finished.

Of the 16 or whatever that was online, not all were even high enough level for Tatooine.
I was on my alt, but my highest is only 34. Again, I would have showed up but I'm not going to be a jerk and ditch a group that I'm in the middle of healing for.

And though the event ended quickly, other people came online afterwards asking about it because they wanted to attend.

I don't think it's fair to say Republic GAF wasn't being participatory when there was only a 30 minute window when we expected longer.

Zafir

More on the nerf -

"BioChem crafted medical kits were too good. In fact, they were too good both in the amount of healing they provided (often more than half a character’s health) and the frequency they could be used (every 90 seconds!). This was negatively impacting the game for everyone else. We’ve seen significant chatter both in and out of game about how players not picking up the BioChem professions would be ‘stupid’ and ‘gimping themselves’. This indicates that a small number of competitive players have been denying access to high end content based on whether a player has the BioChem Crew Skill."

"We are extremely careful with this type of change, and understand that it can be frustrating for our players when we make them. Please understand, we make these changes not because we like to mess with your character, but because they are required to ensure a level and fun playing field for all players of the game."
Why don't they just make them heal for a percentage? The reusable medkits only heal me for a 5th of my health in PvP.

A coworker is playing this and tells me about it everyday. Thinking of buying, anyone know if its on sale anywhere? I wouldn't know where to look aside from CAG.

I'm a nerd, but Friday nights probably aren't the best time for guild events.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So I didn't get any pics off the actual fights with Republic GAF but I DID get some of what happened after.

We celebrated or victory over Republic Gaf by dancing:

But that wasn't enough. We had to find something else to do so we went and killed the World boss nearby:

got naked and danced:

But that still wasn't enough! So while we drove away thinking of what to do next we saw this lone person in the desert and decided to say hello:

But than he ran away! So we had to follow him to let him know we just wanted to be his friends.

Turns out he had some quest to do and we thought we would make things interesting for him. So we followed him and killed everything in sight.

We danced on an elevator:

He got frozen:

We rained down lightning:

But it all ended when he went inside his quest instance :(:

But our story doesn't end there! Some fellow named Scott decided he wanted to pick a fight with GAF since we killed him earlier:

He wouldn't fight us at first but his friends were good sports and played with us:

Scott eventually manned up though after his friends showed him up but he revived himself so fast I couldn't take a picture of him dead. But when he came back Nessus sniffed his ass:

I dunno why he did that. Perhaps it's some native ritual wherever Nessus is from.

Things died down after that but it was fun while it lasted. :D

Sorry if it's too long!

Edit: Whoops, looks like i have to re edit those. First time using this place!

Yea the time was kinda bad for anyone not actually ON the east coast. I was online lurking, but playing from work kinda leaves me unable to get up and do stuff in game unless i just happen to not have any work at the moment

Top Bottom