• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested in this game, I'd kill for a 10 day trial!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yep. It's really discouraging trying to get into a community, when people can't take 20-30 minutes off to show up to do something fun with the guild. I've never really played MMOs too much before, but this makes it hard to contribute to a "guild" bank. I'd rather have the stuff myself and give it directly to the people who are active with the guild. If it sounds like I'm being a dick, then I apologize, just really disappointed with the turn out for Republic Gaf.

Whoa whoa. You're an excellent dude and I <3 you, but you're out of line here.

Friday nights = people have lives. Not everyone is going to log in to the game, let alone drop everything for an event where a) people are unsure what is even going to go on, b) may not have a character high enough level to participate (if you're not 50, what fun is it to go out and die endlessly to other 50s?) with c) no indication how long this would last.

Sadly, I got pulled into working much later than I had wanted to and crashed hard when I finally did get home for a nap. =(

These types of things may be better off for Saturday Afternoons or something. Ideally, it would be wonderful if Bioware eventually let teams queue a "friendly" warzone match system. No commendations or xp, but teams can assign themselves names and challenge other teams to matches of Hutball or w/e. Would be fantastic. =D

Emitan

YES! ANOTHER STUPID LOOKING HAT!

swtor2012-01-1322-04-s04uc.png

http://h8.abload.de/img/swtor2012-01-1322-04-s04uc.png

Heysoos

Whoa whoa. You're an excellent dude and I <3 you, but you're out of line here.

Friday nights = people have lives. Not everyone is going to log in to the game, let alone drop everything for an event where a) people are unsure what is even going to go on, b) may not have a character high enough level to participate (if you're not 50, what fun is it to go out and die endlessly to other 50s?) with c) no indication how long this would last.

Sadly, I got pulled into working much later than I had wanted to and crashed hard when I finally did get home for a nap. =(

These types of things may be better off for Saturday Afternoons or something. Ideally, it would be wonderful if Bioware eventually let teams queue a "friendly" warzone match system. No commendations or xp, but teams can assign themselves names and challenge other teams to matches of Hutball or w/e. Would be fantastic. =D

Not talking about the people that were not on. ;)

Is kira supposed to not be with you when you do the "race to the ruins" quest? She was with me up until the start of this quest and then she suddenly disappeared and the enemies are considerably more difficult in this area so its kinda wierd that I dont have her with me.

Ferny

Good job Czar setting it up and Dega for being the best photographer evarrrr. It was awesome times with all the guildies and it was just fun hanging with everyone.

Is kira supposed to not be with you when you do the "race to the ruins" quest? She was with me up until the start of this quest and then she suddenly disappeared and the enemies are considerably more difficult in this area so its kinda wierd that I dont have her with me.

She poofed for me after the portion at the console. I just opened the crew skills window and resummoned her.

xeris

I tried PMing a few GAF Empire members for an invite but none of them responded back yet.

I hate you guys.

Not sure but I think most of the officers were off for the night and a bunch of the people that were on were in pvp and may have missed it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sorry I couldn't make it to the event tonight, everyone! ... I'm Triss on the Republic side.

My sister came home from college for the three day weekend, and so we all went out to eat and did some shopping. Didn't get back until about an hour ago :(

Looking through the pages, seems like nobody showed up. That's discouraging. I'm only a 36; but I would have let a few of you gank me just for kicks and laughs ;p

Owensboro

Not talking about the people that were not on. ;)

Be angry all you want. Some of us don't like getting steamrolled and want to eat the Pizza that just showed up at our door. I, for one, am glad that Pizza Hut is doing their $10 large pizza deal again. Hooray for Meat Lovers!

By the time my family dinner was done, you all had already given up :(.
So, Republic side is done

We had 17 people on and 8 showed up for this.

What were the stats on Empire side?
Considering the average amount of people I see on Republic side any given day is around 20, getting 8 of 17 (47%) is pretty damn good. Then you have to factor in the number of players in each level bracket. I know 2 people weren't even high enough level to make it to Tatooine yet, and there were some who shall remain nameless who actually switched to their Empire toons instead of trying to win one for the good guys.

Don't get so discouraged guys! People will start showing up once we figure out the best time to do something like this, and enough people are leveled up higher!

Sorry I couldn't make it to the event tonight, everyone! ... I'm Triss on the Republic side.

My sister came home from college for the three day weekend, and so we all went out to eat and did some shopping. Didn't get back until about an hour ago :(

Looking through the pages, seems like nobody showed up. That's discouraging. I'm only a 36; but I would have let a few of you gank me just for kicks and laughs ;p

couldn't make it either. Had to go to some chinese new year party. Never found friday's a good time to game cuz I usually return to parent's home for 'free' laundry and what not.

Choc

Banned
so they nerf slicing, which was kinda ok thing to do. It really was insane and did directly fuck the economy up somewhat

and now they nerf biochem, which was helping people get through the game and rewarding them for choosing it. People won't group with people who don't have biochem so bioware have a whinge. Now people will find some other reason not to group with people.......

if bioware keep nerfing stuff they will break the game more than anything

AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T BUFFED THE BROKEN JEDI KNIGHT. Seriously.... priorities.

Oh wait, how about we go on the forum and say 'people wont group with me becaues my jedi knight is crap :( you need to buff it'

then they will fix it

One is aiding people get through the game

The other is making people unsubscribe because they put a huge amount of time into a character only to hit a brick wall because the character is so shit and the quests are to difficult for it.

I know which one i'd be fixing first........

I know

Let the JK use the biochem stuff, at lower levels.

Fixed both problems... (of course i am joking) but seriously, if they keep fucking with peoples characters that they hvae put a lot of time into, people will leave.

If they break my biochem to much after this patch, i will seriously consider whether i want to continue playing, because my character could be fucked in a month.

Of cousre this is part and parcel of MMOs but seriously, there are better ways than destroying everything people have worked for......

TheYanger

Multiple times asking? No. I don't think so. Maybe I'll rephrase it to "need help" instead of "anyone want to go".

I'm only 10 on the gaf server, but having played mmos forever and always being willing to help people...that kind of attitude is garbage. Someone helping you is a privilege not a right. the minute you start EXPECTING people to help you is the minute you turn into an obnoxious brat. my 2c.

Choc

Banned
im a level 32 BH on the gaf server and im prepared to run the early flashpoints and heroics for gaffers

if someone would invite me to the guild :(

leilahunter is the name, empire

edit: also they have definitely tuned some class content. One battle I was having an issue with an enemy was using a particular tactic. They no longer use that tactic at all.

Milly79

I'm only 10 on the gaf server, but having played mmos forever and always being willing to help people...that kind of attitude is garbage. Someone helping you is a privilege not a right. the minute you start EXPECTING people to help you is the minute you turn into an obnoxious brat. my 2c.

Yeah, brat privilege.

CzarTim

I have now gotten my sage alt to level 15 and it is far and away the best class I've played in this game. So much fun being overpowered. Honestly wish it was my main.

My roommate and I got our hands on this game and started off as a Juggernaut and Mercenary duo. Its really been a lot of fun so far. Having Mako and Vette as our stand in heals and dps rounds everything out perfectly.

Oh and I loved the easter egg in the Bounty Hunter tutorial zone.

Loved that.

bjb

Banned
So, Bioware's only suspending the credit exploiters, people who made millions-upon-millions of credits since early access, for one whole week.

These same people are on other forums laughing about the fact that not only are their credits secure, but some of them have even called customer support and had their suspensions reduced.

I made a thread regarding this issue, and how I believe it's shameful. But of course, it was deleted. Under the guise of "We do not allow public discussions of ToS violations".

Which I found ironic because there are blatantly threads such as this one: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=149772

Which unless I'm blind, are for the sole purpose of discussing ToS violations. Such hypocrisy.

There's no doubt in my mind this game will be F2P in a few months.

Jira

So, Bioware's only suspending the credit exploiters, people who made millions-upon-millions of credits since early access, for one whole week.

These same people are on other forums laughing about the fact that not only are their credits secure, but some of them have even called customer support and had their suspensions reduced.

I made a thread regarding this issue, and how I believe it's shameful. But of course, it was deleted. Under the guise of "We do not allow public discussions of ToS violations".

Which I found ironic because there are blatantly threads such as this one: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=149772

Which unless I'm blind, are for the sole purpose of discussing ToS violations. Such hypocrisy.

There's no doubt in my mind this game will be F2P in a few months.

Well, they're not exactly in a place where they can afford to lose customers yet. Money trumps all at this point, they have to make their investment back before they start canning accounts.

bjb

Banned
Well, they're not exactly in a place where they can afford to lose customers yet. Money trumps all at this point, they have to make their investment back before they start canning accounts.

I thought of that as well. Good point.

However, logic dictates that if those players cheated once - they'll do it again.

I just feel it's ridiculous they're trying to silence the lack-of-punishment issue entirely.

Jira

I thought of that as well. Good point.

However, logic dictates that if those players cheated once - they'll do it again.

I just feel it's ridiculous they're trying to silence the lack-of-punishment issue entirely.

They very well could have the accounts flagged, once they make all of their investment back and ban those accounts. It's greedy, but to be honest they'll have let them play the game longer than they would have if they hadn't already broke even.

BrettWeir

So I got the game this week and all I can say is......

Who in their right fucking mind designs an MMO with such a SHIT UI? Only 2 hotbars bottom center? 1 left, 1 right? Idiots.

And no tiered PvP? LOL. I had 'decent' hopes, and prayed that the Mythic of old (DAoC, NOT the disaster known as Warhammer) would return, but jesus. It's like they have never done anything involving PvP.

Best things the game has going for it? Soundtrack, sounds, and nostalgia. Other than that, hell, Rift is a better MMO.

Choc

Banned

bug

known bug

call her back and she will appear. this had me very angry, :)

press N to bring up crew skills, click little face with arrow. If its not next to her, click it next to t7, then click hers

Choc

Banned
That works, though what if they cancel their sub and there goes some money they REALLY need to make right now.

by not punishing people fucking up the economy they are bound to lose more subs in the long run (if not even the short term if people see Bioware aren't serious about keeping up the ToS)

Jira

by not punishing people fucking up the economy they are bound to lose more subs in the long run (if not even the short term if people see Bioware aren't serious about keeping up the ToS)

True, but from what I hear from friends of mine the economy right now isn't even in full swing. It's at the point where you have tons and tons of credits while the MMO noobs price stuff FAR too low to the point where anyone with a brain can dominate the market anyways. I mean why would you price crafted items for less than it cost you to get the mats, you're in it to make a profit, not lose credits. From what I gather they're mostly posting based on what the game auto-filled the prices as rather than looking up individual prices. Though to be honest from what I played in the beta I don't blame them, the auction house UI is atrocious.

Choc

Banned
True, but from what I hear from friends of mine the economy right now isn't even in full swing. It's at the point where you have tons and tons of credits while the MMO noobs price stuff FAR too low to the point where anyone with a brain can dominate the market anyways. I mean why would you price crafted items for less than it cost you to get the mats, you're in it to make a profit, not lose credits. From what I gather they're mostly posting based on what the game auto-filled the prices as rather than looking up individual prices. Though to be honest from what I played in the beta I don't blame them, the auction house UI is atrocious.

its because the GTN gives an expected value on each item and people just accept it. Hence low prices

that value is based on the economy i believe and the number of credits floating about, so inflation could be a major issue

Walshicus

I'm really not liking Balmorra. People were complaining about Alderaan, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Balmorra is just such a step down...

Dina

Of cousre this is part and parcel of MMOs but seriously, there are better ways than destroying everything people have worked for......

Biochem is still the best profession there is. I feel gimped without it. Cybertech comes close, but the long-ass cooldown on grenades makes it definately weaker than the medpack, and that is not considering the stim and the relic. They either need to nerf Biochem more or buff the other 5 professions.

Zafir

Biochem is still the best profession there is. I feel gimped without it. Cybertech comes close, but the long-ass cooldown on grenades makes it definately weaker than the medpack, and that is not considering the stim and the relic. They either need to nerf Biochem more or buff the other 5 professions.
Well, honestly, it clearly needs to be the latter. Because Biochem is going to be at the other crew skills useless levels if they nerf it more, and then we get to a state where no one bothers with any of them.

hamchan

I didn't know what professions to take because I didn't know which were useful and I didn't know which made money (apparently none of them). So I just took Biochem because everyone else was.

Tacitus_

its because the GTN gives an expected value on each item and people just accept it. Hence low prices

that value is based on the economy i believe and the number of credits floating about, so inflation could be a major issue

Also because the AH ui is so bad, price matching is goddamn annoying.

Zafir

Mind you, that's something, with how expensive people are putting medpacs/stims/adrenals up on the GTN. No wonder people aren't happy. I mean 20k each? I can make them for far cheaper than that.

Ok so I bought the game off Origin but I have to register on TOR website to redeem the code for the game. But it's been a couple of hours and my account has not been activated yet. Is it normal for activation to take this long? I don't mind a wait but is this normal? I'd ask on their forums but I cannot log in obviously.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok so I bought the game off Origin but I have to register on TOR website to redeem the code for the game. But it's been a couple of hours and my account has not been activated yet. Is it normal for activation to take this long? I don't mind a wait but is this normal? I'd ask on their forums but I cannot log in obviously.

Did you check your email?

datamage

so they nerf slicing, which was kinda ok thing to do. It really was insane and did directly fuck the economy up somewhat

and now they nerf biochem, which was helping people get through the game and rewarding them for choosing it. People won't group with people who don't have biochem so bioware have a whinge. Now people will find some other reason not to group with people.......

if bioware keep nerfing stuff they will break the game more than anything

AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T BUFFED THE BROKEN JEDI KNIGHT. Seriously.... priorities.

Oh wait, how about we go on the forum and say 'people wont group with me becaues my jedi knight is crap :( you need to buff it'

then they will fix it

One is aiding people get through the game

The other is making people unsubscribe because they put a huge amount of time into a character only to hit a brick wall because the character is so shit and the quests are to difficult for it.

I know which one i'd be fixing first........

I know

Let the JK use the biochem stuff, at lower levels.

Fixed both problems... (of course i am joking) but seriously, if they keep fucking with peoples characters that they hvae put a lot of time into, people will leave.

If they break my biochem to much after this patch, i will seriously consider whether i want to continue playing, because my character could be fucked in a month.

Out of curiosity, what level is your JK?

Top Bottom