• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

so they nerf slicing, which was kinda ok thing to do. It really was insane and did directly fuck the economy up somewhat

and now they nerf biochem, which was helping people get through the game and rewarding them for choosing it. People won't group with people who don't have biochem so bioware have a whinge. Now people will find some other reason not to group with people.......

if bioware keep nerfing stuff they will break the game more than anything

AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T BUFFED THE BROKEN JEDI KNIGHT. Seriously.... priorities.

Oh wait, how about we go on the forum and say 'people wont group with me becaues my jedi knight is crap :( you need to buff it'

then they will fix it

One is aiding people get through the game

The other is making people unsubscribe because they put a huge amount of time into a character only to hit a brick wall because the character is so shit and the quests are to difficult for it.

I know which one i'd be fixing first........

I know

Let the JK use the biochem stuff, at lower levels.

Fixed both problems... (of course i am joking) but seriously, if they keep fucking with peoples characters that they hvae put a lot of time into, people will leave.

If they break my biochem to much after this patch, i will seriously consider whether i want to continue playing, because my character could be fucked in a month.

Of cousre this is part and parcel of MMOs but seriously, there are better ways than destroying everything people have worked for......

JK/SW are getting some buffs in next weeks 1.1 update.

zulfate

sorry my friends but this game is not for me i think and i dont know why, i am loving the story bits alot, i started out as a trooper but then i was getting bored so i hear how good the imperial agent was and so i started to play as one and yes its damn good especially after a marathon of mission impossible! but i think what is getting me so bored is the environments themselves, they are so damn lifeless it gets me, all i do is run to my location get quests/finish quests then run again through empty damn environments and then for a huge selling MMO its also empty feeling i hardly see anyone, i guess everything just feels empty. Oh yes and why the hell are there no idle animations at all none zilch just stand like a stick and dont move...why, it looks weird as fuck!

but after all that i think i am just burnt out on the traditional MMO formula, wow was fun for the 4 years i played but damn i dont feel like experiencing the same thing again, i love the star wars universe and i love MMOs but i think they copied wow a little too much, sorry for my rant but i think i am just disappointed because i really want to like this game :/

the other day running around as my commando i ran into a GAF member lol, i thought that was fun.

nataku

I was really hoping for some good UI adjustments with 1.1, but I'm not really seeing anything. Have they even talked about things they're planning to do to the UI other than saying they will improve it? They didn't even fix the focus target problems.

Hopefully with 1.2, I guess.

Moaradin

I was really hoping for some good UI adjustments with 1.1, but I'm not really seeing anything. Have they even talked about things they're planning to do to the UI other than saying they will improve it? They didn't even fix the focus target problems.

Hopefully with 1.2, I guess.

They said they have a whole team working on the UI and making it customizable.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I can just see this thread at the end of March.

Three months of "make this more like WoW!" then "It's just like WoW! <quit>"

Round and round it goessssss.

Lain

I finished my class quest line on Alderaan, so I can finally leave this place.
Alderaan was better than Tatooine visually, but both planets suck. My biggest problem with Alderaan, apart from the textures runing the immersion, is the fact that's so big and empty, empty of players. There is nothing good about running around in such a big open space when you don't see anyone.

So far, Balmorra and Kaas have been my favorite planets, Nar is forgettable, Hutta is bleh, Tatooine is painful and Alderaan is depressing. Balmorra sticks in my head because of the green plains with the mountains, and Kaas' forest is atmospheric. Hope the next planets will be better than what I have already seen, though.

Wallach

I had no idea Nar Shadaa was so short. Maybe it's because I skipped all the quests in the final two areas?

It's also one where the bonus series is something you need to come back for at a higher level, instead of one where you can progress into it from the planet's main quest line.

Emitan

It's also one where the bonus series is something you need to come back for at a higher level, instead of one where you can progress into it from the planet's main quest line.

Do I have to complete the other side quests to get the bonus series? Don't want to be screwed later.

Xiaoki

I can just see this thread at the end of March.

Three months of "make this more like WoW!" then "It's just like WoW! <quit>"

Round and round it goessssss.

Having TOR be "just like WoW!" would be an improvement right now.

BioWare's post launch handling of bugs and quality of life issues have been terrible, with only plans to fix sometime.

BioWare seems more interested in recklessly pushing out new content rather than fixing and improving the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

BioWare's post launch handling of bugs and quality of life issues have been terrible, with only plans to fix sometime.

BioWare seems more interested in recklessly pushing out new content rather than fixing and improving the game.

Umm... no?

Wallach

Do I have to complete the other side quests to get the bonus series? Don't want to be screwed later.

I imagine it is just the main planet storyline, but I'm not sure since I hadn't skipped any quests at all up to that point (and I still wasn't high enough level to go straight into the bonus series).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

They've patched bugs a minimum of once every week and when exploits were reported they were fixed within 24 hours.

So far their bug and content patch schedule has been excellent.

pahamrick

Uhm, no. They're not getting any buffs at all.

Also the UI is utter shit, but id rather them fix the broken endgame Ops and Quests first.

Code:
Jedi Knight

Guardian
Enure: This ability’s cooldown has been reduced to 1.5 minutes.
Force Push: Now finishes the cooldown on Force Leap.
Bug Fixes
Force Stasis: This ability is now correctly an instant ability when both Stasis Mastery and the 2-piece PvP set bonus are present.
Plasma Brand: This ability’s tooltip now properly reflects the damage it does. Its damage has not been adjusted.

Sith Warrior

Juggernaut
Endure Pain: This ability’s cooldown has been reduced to 1.5 minutes.
Force Push: Now finishes the cooldown on Force Charge.
Bug Fixes
Force Choke: This ability is now correctly an instant ability when both Force Grip and the 2-piece PvP set bonus are present.

I'd consider that a slight buff, and a step in the right direction.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Joining the force. ..The game in general.

I'm a WoW annual subscriber until October.

I'm kind of forced to play both. SW when my Dad isn't using his notebook. WoW on my desktop that can't run it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Besides fixing the bug, its a buff that wasn't needed. These classes have much bigger problems than closing a gap in pvp (which is easy). Damage mitigation is not working the way it should yet and they are just simply weaker in every single way to a Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin who can do everything a JK can do but much better.

Tacitus_

Just cleared the first four bosses in Eternity Vault, the first raid. Shit was so easy. I love it how raids are easier than hardmode FPs, but both award the same gear >_>
Also the weekly kill quest bugged and I didn't get credit... figures.

pahamrick

Besides fixing the bug, its a buff that wasn't needed. These classes have much bigger problems than closing a gap in pvp (which is easy). Damage mitigation is not working the way it should yet and they are just simply weaker in every single way to a Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin who can do everything a JK can do but much better.

I don't PVP, and I find making force push recharging leap very useful as that's part of my combo anyway. As far as bigger changes, pretty sure they said they'd be coming.

Endure Pain is useful, but lowering it's CD isn't enough. Hence the slight buff, step in right direction part. I'll withhold further judgement as I don't actually run a tank juggernaut since I respec'd him DPS. I seem to get on more 50 FPs that way. =/

gatti-man

PVP sucks when you aren't level 50. Even at 43 I just can't go toe to toe with people doing 4k - 5k each hit.

Its ok just focus on pushing abilities, stay buffed with reusable stims and medpacs. Often i can get top 5 and im only lvl 45. Yes some 50s are invinceable thats when you move them out of the way or if they are healers call out their name and gang bang them.

SupaNaab

If the problem is an entire classes ability to function. They shouldn't be just throwing quick patches on it. Really the best thing they can do is keep players of that class aware that they are involved in heavy discussions about the problems the class is facing until they can work something out. No one wants to see a class undergo radical changes in the first month. Small gradual changes are totally acceptable.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Joined the Empire GAF guild today, made a Darkside Assassin (Enz) to go with my Lightside Guardian (Warn). To bad you can't send credits to the other faction, 24 and only 20k so far saved. Loving the darkside stories and being a man whoring asshole. Its so worth playing both sides even if you aren't a MMO lover. Its like 2 huge single player games.

Code:
Jedi Knight

Guardian
Enure: This ability’s cooldown has been reduced to 1.5 minutes.
Force Push: Now finishes the cooldown on Force Leap.
Bug Fixes
Force Stasis: This ability is now correctly an instant ability when both Stasis Mastery and the 2-piece PvP set bonus are present.
Plasma Brand: This ability’s tooltip now properly reflects the damage it does. Its damage has not been adjusted.

Sith Warrior

Juggernaut
Endure Pain: This ability’s cooldown has been reduced to 1.5 minutes.
Force Push: Now finishes the cooldown on Force Charge.
Bug Fixes
Force Choke: This ability is now correctly an instant ability when both Force Grip and the 2-piece PvP set bonus are present.

TBH Endure pain is the wrong one to buff for PvP. It is a PvE skill when you have a healer. PvP buffs for tanks need to come soon. Maybe make sure all that f*cking mitigation actually works?????

DrBo42

TBH Endure pain is the wrong one to buff for PvP. It is a PvE skill when you have a healer. PvP buffs for tanks need to come soon. Maybe make sure all that f*cking mitigation actually works?????

Tanks are not bad in pvp. Our sole purpose is to keep the valuable team members alive, and we're awesome at that. Healer taking damage? Guardian leap on him, taunt his attacker off, force sweep to reduce his hit chance. Group slaughtering your team? AOE taunt, pop cooldowns, awe if needed. I'm a 50 Jedi Guardian and I'm in the top 3 of most warzones.

gatti-man

Tanks are not bad in pvp. Our sole purpose is to keep the valuable team members alive, and we're awesome at that. Healer taking damage? Guardian leap on him, taunt his attacker off, force sweep to reduce his hit chance. Group slaughtering your team? AOE taunt, pop cooldowns, awe if needed. I'm a 50 Jedi Guardian and I'm in the top 3 of most warzones.

Yup tanks are very effective in pvp when played correctly.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So. My brother and I stayed up till 5 AM this morning finishing up Alderaan and Act 1 for both of our characters... Stuff got serious for his Sith Inquisitor and my Imperial Agent so we just couldn't stop playing until we saw the conclusion of these sequences, heh. And I'm happy that I got my first choice for my Legacy name. :D

swtor-2012-01-14-15-37ypoy.jpg

The Imperial Agent storyline is soooo good, can't wait to start Act 2.

Xiaoki

Honeymoon period still in effect?
They've patched bugs a minimum of once every week and when exploits were reported they were fixed within 24 hours.

So far their bug and content patch schedule has been excellent.
Yep

Ask any Bounty Hunter(especially those on "The Mandalorian Killer") if BioWare is on schedule with bug fixes.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Yep

Ask any Bounty Hunter(especially those on "The Mandalorian Killer") if BioWare is on schedule with bug fixes.

You mean it's been a month and they haven't yet addressed every bug in the game? The nerve. Lazy bastages.

My Bounty Hunter has Biochem should I stick with it or is it going to be smashed into the ground?

Also is Diplomacy useless? I didnt know what to grab after Bioanalysis.

Tacitus_

My Bounty Hunter has Biochem should I stick with it or is it going to be smashed into the ground?

Also is Diplomacy useless? I didnt know what to grab after Bioanalysis.

Biochem is amazing and continues to look only slightly less so. And diplomacy gets you mats for advanced biochem crafting.

Rokam

Just finished the trooper chapter 1 story.
Think I would've preferred to just keep the imperial cruiser for myself
And some chapter 2 stuff
pretty sure I've seen this storyline in the clone wars cartoon :(

DrBo42

Yep

Bioware 1.1 Patch Notes said:
- The Mandalorian Killer: Kellian Jarro and Thendys Noori now correctly spawn during this mission.
Looks like they won't be saying much shortly.

They have been doing bug fixes in every patch each week for the game. This is the same garbage nonsense that gets spews for games whenever what you want fixed doesn't get fixed, and *gasp* the nerve of them working on future content

inter

Not sure what it is, but none of the melee classes I've tried have stuck with me at all (assassin, PT, op; though the last two are lowbies). If I've not enjoyed the first three all too much, is juggernaut/marauder drastically different that I should give them a try?

I'm tempted to try leveling a ranged class, but the most appealing to me are the two most played classes it seems (sorc and merc). Sniper looks decent as well, but I'm really not a big fan of the cover mechanic.

Top Bottom