• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

isny

napkin dispenser
Sorry for being dense but what are armaments or HK's? Any pictures or are they being added with the patch on tuesday?

At the moment we go round blowing up walkers/ the 2 base defence cannons to complete the daily and weekly.

HK means honor kill, i.e. killing an opposing player. It's a WoW term.

Armaments will be items you can collect from the center objectives. (This will be added on Tuesday's patch)

From the patch notes: "The daily and weekly mission objectives in Ilum now require defeating enemy players and/or collecting armaments from the center objective."

Walshicus

My new crafting approach: getting every schematic from the lowest to highest. Got purples for the lowest colour crystals, but need to see if I can get better than purple!

Huge FPS dip when doing 4 man Armed and Dangerous.

Kind of the reverse with WOW on my computer. FPS dips in the world, stable in 5 man dungeons.

Patryn

Question to those who have freezes on exit: Did you send your companions on missions just prior to quitting?

That seems to be the catalyst for my freezes.

daoster

So guys, my smuggler's womanizing ways have caught up with him, and he needs to make a decision on who to romance....and I need you guys to choose for me who to romance permanently:

Akaavi, warrior princess...or Risha, smuggler princess.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
When you buy an additional cargo bay is it double the size of your current one or just an extra row? I was disappointed early on when I paid 5k credits for more inventory space and just got 1 extra row.

Lain

When you buy an additional cargo bay is it double the size of your current one or just an extra row? I was disappointed early on when I paid 5k credits for more inventory space and just got 1 extra row.

Double. Inventory space is a must to buy going forward, but cargo Bay is a better investment imho.

Finished act 1 on my IA as level 38 and I'm a little disappointed.... because I didn't manage to get the choices I wanted to show up in the dialogues! Should have reset the whole dialogue, damn me.
Now I have to decide on the Legacy name.

Lain

I blame it on the bonus quests at the end of the planets. I just can't leave them alone. Luckily I wasn't offered one at the end of Alderaan, or I'd still be stuck there (I'll go back later to find them though).

Varna

I blame it on the bonus quests at the end of the planets. I just can't leave them alone. Luckily I wasn't offered one at the end of Alderaan, or I'd still be stuck there (I'll go back later to find them though).

All planets should be like Nar Shada. 10+ levels to do the bonus missions (or at the very least make sure they offer companion gear as reward) and it would be a lot more easy to stomach.

Hawk269

I got to Tatooine last night with my Sith Inq. and I am loving the Story for it so far. I have loved all the plannets so far, but Nar Shardaa was horrid. I just could not get into it at all and pretty much just did my class quests to get the hell off of it. It was neat at first, since for me I went through Korriban, Drumand then Balmorra so it seemed like it would a good change of pace, but just corridor after corridor got really boring to me and I wish there was more variety.

I think the problem with it is that it is just all the same. I would not of mind if like 70% was city, but some other enviroment since it is a "planet" and all was also available to explore. I mean, you can apply that to all the planets since they only use a small section of each planet for the game area you play in.

Tatooine however is just massive and nice and open which I do kind of like more. The nice thing about this game is that each of these are planets and they can add more areas to each of them to expand the game even more, especially for starter planets, they could add something ot the other side of Korriban which is a mix of dessert looking then it slowly transitions into a near ocean looking area or any enviorment type....a spooky looking forest area would be neat.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Double. Inventory space is a must to buy going forward, but cargo Bay is a better investment imho.

Cool, thanks. Seems like it's worth it.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So i made a Sith Inquisitor and was going to go Light Side just to see the responses. After seeing some of the hilarious Dark Side dialogue im having second choices. Anyone know if LS Sith is entertaining?

Derrick01

Banned
So i made a Sith Inquisitor and was going to go Light Side just to see the responses. After seeing some of the hilarious Dark Side dialogue im having second choices. Anyone know if LS Sith is entertaining?

I don't know about light side but all I'll say is the inquisitor was made for the dark side choices. They are amazing and make you feel like a sith.

Hawk269

I don't know about light side but all I'll say is the inquisitor was made for the dark side choices. They are amazing and make you feel like a sith.

Yes, yes they are. I think I have only 200 light side points, everything else is Darkside and yeah, you feel pretty much like a badass Sith. I shock using lightning every chance I get during dialog...lol

If it was up to be, Blizz would be yelling "Wootini!" all the time. Get into combat? WOOTINI! Give Blizz a gift? WOOTINI! Accidentally click on Blizz while trying to loot? WOOTINI!

Quick question, how do I link my copy of TOR to Origin? I made an Origin account after installing my retail copy and it isnt being detected.

Its not really hurting me as I can play the game fine but I would like to be able to add friends via the Origin client.

Does anyone know if an orange (moddable) version of this chestpiece exists?

N0aNV.png

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So i decided on making a Jedi Knight.

"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

So i head to the Jedi Council to talk and Mini Satele Shan appears (sorry for the large picture and forgive the low graphics settings).

IfCaL.jpg

After this she sits down (or at least i think she sits down.. all i see is an empty chair). Anyone else run into this? lol

Finished act 1 on my IA as level 38 and I'm a little disappointed.... because I didn't manage to get the choices I wanted to show up in the dialogues! Should have reset the whole dialogue, damn me.
Now I have to decide on the Legacy name.

How do you know which act your playing? Does it tell you?

There's one for Corellia commendations and there's one lv 30ish drop like that.

Excellent, much appreciated - yeah that one there I picked up as a level 32 green, and it's by far the best agent gear I've seen in-game so far. I'm not a huge fan of the Imperial-style outfits for the agent - they're not exactly incognito!

TheYanger

5k credits for 33% more inventory space is a way better deal...credits are so easy to get, there's no reason not to max your inventory out. Especially later on being bag-limited is awful.

How do you know which act your playing? Does it tell you?

Shows up when you load into a character, the first loading screen is always a synopsis of your story so far and it'll say like "PROLOGUE" or "ACT II" at the top.

hank_tree

"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

So i head to the Jedi Council to talk and Mini Satele Shan appears (sorry for the large picture and forgive the low graphics settings).

After this she sits down (or at least i think she sits down.. all i see is an empty chair). Anyone else run into this? lol

Yeah it happened to me in beta and retail. She actually is in this cutscene but she in tiny. If you watch carefully you can see her walk into the room and then sit in the chair. She is so small though that you can't see her seated because the table is in the way.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yeah it happened to me in beta and retail. She actually is in this cutscene but she in tiny. If you watch carefully you can see her walk into the room and then sit in the chair. She is so small though that you can't see her seated because the table is in the way.

Yeah i figured she was there and just needed a phone book to sit on lol

edit:
Credits arent really a concern imo. You make so many credits doing quests at end game. The dailies, like in any other MMO, let you grind for money. Add in money from playing PvP and everyone should be sitting pretty. Its kind of a relief to be able to focus more on what you find fun than be worried about grinding money.

Definetly need more hold space, im filled up with resources / character customisations / mods / schems I can't use level wise yet, bloody nightmare!

Varna

Taris is the easier planet since Dromund Kaas for me. It has been a nice break. I'm level 35 w/ SW and the encounters were getting pretty brutal in the last couple of planets. So far it's been pretty easy on Taris. Jaesa is a pretty good companions. It's nice to have someone to bounce threat off.

CzarTim

Really surprised so many people were dogging the Consular storyline as I've found it fascinating. Just finished up Taris this morning and loved the ending of that planet.

HK means honor kill, i.e. killing an opposing player. It's a WoW term.

Armaments will be items you can collect from the center objectives. (This will be added on Tuesday's patch)

From the patch notes: "The daily and weekly mission objectives in Ilum now require defeating enemy players and/or collecting armaments from the center objective."

Thanks for clarifying, should be ok if I can still get the armaments, whenever I go online theres only like 5 people on ilum anyway.

Bog

Junior Ace

"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

IfCaL.jpg

Yep, exact same thing happened to me.

Alex

That one heroic on Alderaan with all of the adds was super rough to our duo, like harder than dungeons around that area. Was hard enough just to get it cleared out since the top and bottom floor loved to link but then they kept pourin in!

Hard to kill two back to back packs of 4-5 31 elites as two 29's. We're both stealth, so I wish we could cheese that one (though we usually just go ahead and kill since the kill to quest exp ratio seems good anyway)

Top Bottom