• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

BC7Rv.jpg

OBJECT HAS NO NAME

Haha, there are still maps and stuff in the game that have the Dev Code Lines as the name.
Reminds me of the lamps in WoW being called Fidgets forever.

Choc

Banned
Got my JK Guardian to 50, haven't finished the story yet though, I'll do that when I get up tomorrow morning.

no you won't

you will get to the final fight realise you can only take t7, realise you haven't geared him up and get absolutely FLOORED by it. Smash your controller go to swtor forums and whinge

frequency

Rep GAF needs more heals.

I thought we had a ton of heals. I see people saying they're healers all the time in guild chat, and I ran a FP with like 3 other healers from GAF the other day.

But if we really do need more heals, I'll level my Sage as my main instead of my Gunslinger. I am a bit attached to my Gunslinger since it was my first, but the Sage does feel significantly more capable as a class.

I'm slow though so I don't know if I'll hit 50 anytime soon.

Jtrizzy

Seems like I'm getting random frame drops for no apparent reason, despite the in-game FPS meter showing 60 FPS...interesting.

Lots of people are. I'm running it on a 580 even though fraps tells me it's always at 60, something is definitely off. It's pretty annoying actually, I'm wondering if Bioware has acknowledged it?

CzarTim

I thought we had a ton of heals. I see people saying they're healers all the time in guild chat, and I ran a FP with like 3 other healers from GAF the other day.

But if we really do need more heals, I'll level my Sage as my main instead of my Gunslinger. I am a bit attached to my Gunslinger since it was my first, but the Sage does feel significantly more capable as a class.

I'm slow though so I don't know if I'll hit 50 anytime soon.

Level what you want! We'll live.

I'm a healer, but I'm just not digging post-50 PVE stuff.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
This is gonna sound so noobish, but are you binding all the keys on your second row? I figured there would be a default like hitting shift then a corresponding number key like in wow, but that hasn't been the case.

You've gotta go and bind them yourself. Second row is Action Bar 2, iirc.

CzarTim

7 WZ wins of 24 matches over the last 4 days. Got put in a group with a bunch of lowbies versus geared 50s, so I spent the whole match hanging out with Emp GAF:

And I STILL tied for most medals on the Rep side.

Tacitus_

You can solo those without stealth pretty easily ;) The H2 is the hardest heroic in the zone.

Is that so.. must be some repub hijinks, since I can solo easily the h2 boss but the h4 boss is a bit too powreful for me still. With a few gear upgrades I should be able to kill him since I got him to around 30%.

TheYanger

Is that so.. must be some repub hijinks, since I can solo easily the h2 boss but the h4 boss is a bit too powreful for me still. With a few gear upgrades I should be able to kill him since I got him to around 30%.

Different quests maybe? There are 2 H4s and 1 H2 on Belsavis for dailies, we've got one H4 that is an instanced area where you click on 4 little hubs, and there are groups of mobs you can partly avoid, and the rest you can just train out (or use the WZ queue exploit) to avoid. The other H4 is just flat out broken. you go click a glowing pile of trash, 3 NORMAL mobs spawn, you kill them and you leave.

Tacitus_

Different quests maybe? There are 2 H4s and 1 H2 on Belsavis for dailies, we've got one H4 that is an instanced area where you click on 4 little hubs, and there are groups of mobs you can partly avoid, and the rest you can just train out (or use the WZ queue exploit) to avoid. The other H4 is just flat out broken. you go click a glowing pile of trash, 3 NORMAL mobs spawn, you kill them and you leave.

Well, yeah. Our H2 has a champion boss at the end, 150k hp but hits like a wet noodle so you can easily solo it with tank gear and a healer pet.
The soloable H4 has you click on three objects in a heroic zone so you can't do it without stealth or dying a lot.
The last H4 has you kill a champion boss with 170k hp. He hits for 2-3k so you need to have a proper healer or two heal pets. Or maybe both the player in epic tank gear and the healer pet in epic heal gear...

usea

If someone does more healing than me (mando), it's usually scoundrel.
I'm usually top healer except when there is actually a level 50 healer on my side. But I don't really feel like I contribute much toward the objectives unless I'm healing a ball carrier or maybe if I tip the scales in a fight on the turret wz.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
5k credits for 33% more inventory space is a way better deal...credits are so easy to get, there's no reason not to max your inventory out. Especially later on being bag-limited is awful.

No, what I mean is when I spent the 5k I was low level and it was lot of money and I was disappointed I only got 1 extra row. Now I'm level 36 and only have about 70k credits so I wouldn't want to spend more than half of what I have if I didn't end up with much more storage space.

However I just did a little math and it's actually the same price. Inventory slot - 10 spaces for 5k or 500 each. Extra cargo hold - 80 spaces for 40k or 500 each.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So you're telling me that we'll never be able to ride Tauntauns and Dewbacks? :(

Actually they are working on creature mounts according to one of the interviews I read on Reddit. I think it was the community manager who said it. He just said it was more complicated than they thought so it might not be soon but they do want to add them.

Creature mounts are pretty iconic.

EDIT: Poop I was wrong, I found the interview, all he said was "maybe".

Q: are there plans to add more vanity pets and non-mechanical mounts to the game?

More pets - yes. Non-mechanical mounts - maybe, it's a technical challenge, I've been told.

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/nty9d/im_stephen_reid_senior_community_manager_for_star/

CzarTim

I'm usually top healer except when there is actually a level 50 healer on my side. But I don't really feel like I contribute much toward the objectives unless I'm healing a ball carrier or maybe if I tip the scales in a fight on the turret wz.

Trust me, if you are doing a good amount of healing, you are helping more than most people do. The game is just shitty about recognizing it. The medals aren't "smart", meaning it doesn't recognize that healing/tanking the people who do the objectives is just as important as doing them.

Havok

Well, I think I've finally gotten to the point where people start being a jerk to the tank on every wipe. Two DPS say 'it'll be fine, I can off-heal' and neither of them does (without a dedicated healer in the group), they pull instantly on every mob, neither of them know which guys they're marked to CC. We wipe, I'm blamed. Hell, I'm only 26 and already completely put off of doing Heroics and Flashpoints. Doesn't help that keeping AOE threat this early on a Juggernaut is such a bitch. Also doesn't help that I am by no means an MMO veteran, I played Warcraft for about a month and a half to get up to 80, doing dungeons along the way until people started being assholes there too. I know just enough to be dangerous to myself, I think. I don't feel that I can give them advice on what to do since I have no idea how to play any of their classes.

CzarTim

Same. Not having much fun repeating the same quests over for daily commendations, and it doesn't seem like we need a Vanguard tank so I started a Gunslinger.

I'm going to just focus on PVP. I find it fun and challenging despite it's many (fixable) flaws.

Tacitus_

Well, I think I've finally gotten to the point where people start being a jerk to the tank on every wipe. Two DPS say 'it'll be fine, I can off-heal' and neither of them does (without a dedicated healer in the group), they pull instantly on every mob, neither of them know which guys they're marked to CC. We wipe, I'm blamed. Hell, I'm only 26 and already completely put off of doing Heroics and Flashpoints. Doesn't help that keeping AOE threat this early on a Juggernaut is such a bitch. Also doesn't help that I am by no means an MMO veteran, I played Warcraft for about a month and a half to get up to 80, doing dungeons along the way until people started being assholes there too. I know just enough to be dangerous to myself, I think. I don't feel that I can give them advice on what to do since I have no idea how to play any of their classes.

Some pointers:

-just tank the elite(gold) or strong(silver) mobs and ask for CC
-if DPS breaks CC and they die, say they deserved it, if the group wipes because of it, say they're idiots
-if someone says they'll heal, hold them up to it

Havok

Some pointers:

-just tank the elite(gold) or strong(silver) mobs and ask for CC
-if DPS breaks CC and they die, say they deserved it, if the group wipes because of it, say they're idiots
-if someone says they'll heal, hold them up to it
Thanks for the tips, I got into this MMO thing pretty late and diving in head first isn't super easy. Your first point is pretty much what I've been doing, and it works out as long as the CCs go well. I don't have a problem calling people on their shit, but since it takes so long to find groups, it just makes it kind of frustrating. I don't want to sound like it's been all negative, I've had some great groups (one in particular while doing Athiss), but man, lately it's been garbage wall-to-wall. I'm having a little bit of difficulty when there are a bunch of elites that are a little more spaced out than I'd like, but I guess that's what CC is for.

I have to imagine it'll get easier at some point, since I'll have my group taunt and sweep instead of having to rely on the single taunt and Smash.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Actually they are working on creature mounts according to one of the interviews I read on Reddit. I think it was the community manager who said it. He just said it was more complicated than they thought so it might not be soon but they do want to add them.

Creature mounts are pretty iconic.

EDIT: Poop I was wrong, I found the interview, all he said was "maybe".

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/nty9d/im_stephen_reid_senior_community_manager_for_star/

Read: "We don't want to do non speeder mounts because animating creatures would take too much time, we would have to do animations for each of them instead of just having the character float around, and they'd be a novelty since the majority of them wouldn't be able to go as fast as a speeder and the player already gets a 30% speed buff."

Milly79

Did Dega quit again? Or just talking about this afternoon? And, I would tank, but sometimes I can't even DPS on my Mac that well at times. :[

Top Bottom