• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Played for about 4 hours after work last night. Barely got pats the starting zone since I created and deleted about 20 different characters trying to get just the right look/class combo lol.

So... does this game have a "main quest" that you can actually beat?

I'm mostly interested for the story, so I'm wondering if I can experience that aspect without having to invest 500 hours into the game.

Kud Dukan

Played for about 4 hours after work last night. Barely got pats the starting zone since I created and deleted about 20 different characters trying to get just the right look/class combo lol.

lol I've been there. I'll spend forever making the perfect character, and then once I get in the game I see that the sunlight makes his nose look weird so I have to create a new one. I think I need help.

Azih

lol I've been there. I'll spend forever making the perfect character, and then once I get in the game I see that the sunlight makes his nose look weird so I have to create a new one. I think I need help.

Actually Character creators do need to have the ability to put the character in a more realistic lighting situation than the 'studio lights' of the Creator.

Garryk

My Chiss Agent looked green the whole time he was on Hutta because of the environment/lighting. Once I got off that planet he was back to blue.

I'm mostly interested for the story, so I'm wondering if I can experience that aspect without having to invest 500 hours into the game.

Each class has a story line series of quests which is essentially it's main quest.

Sent

I do the same thing. I even wrote down numbers for whenver I get in, but I think I lost the piece of paper...

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

I'm right there with you, I gotta see my character during a cutscene, moving around, in combat, different angles and distances... lol its a sickness.

Oh yes, there is a huge main quest to play through. It gets broken up at times with side quests both optional and tangent story related (flashpoints, ect.) I shouldn't have bought a PS3 and a bunch of games, I now realize I won't have time to get to them for a while. In fact, I am considering returning most of what I bought black friday. @_@

Any other people rolling Healadins... err trooper healer?

weeskwee

Banned
got my invite at 7:03 this morning, pacific time. my preorder date was August 12th.

too bad i work until 4. probably wont be on until 6pm. Lord Andraas server. RP-PVE East.

Measley

I got in around 10am EST, and I redeemed my code at the end of August.

Now I'm stuck with which class I want to play through first. :-(

Dash27

Haha, I hear you

So how are you guys going to deal with your significant others? :)

Hey my game starts this week!

blank stare

It's a Star Wars one! (she actually collected SW figures when she was a kid)

blank stare

Ok, well, see you in a few months! *makes lightsaber sounds and retreats to room*

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
So how are you guys going to deal with your significant others? :)

It's looking like I might be getting in tomorrow, which is also the same day we are celebration our one year (first date) anniversary. However, she is hyped for the game herself and had even pre-ordered before me, so... I'm kinda lucky!

Wouldn't it make more sense to get a second computer and group up?

*Fight over who gets stuck with the cheap one*

Well we don't live together.... yet. Dragging her desktop to my place when she stays over for the weekends is not really something she looks forward too.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
so is it even worth preordering now to get a code for early access? I preordered from GS but they "ran out" of codes for early access.

Top Bottom