• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

XxCGSxX

OK so I've never played an MMO, the only RPG's I like are Pokemon style and Skyrim style games. I love Star Wars and this looks awesome, is it beginner friendly for MMO beginners and for people who are playing it alone?

Sent

OK so I've never played an MMO, the only RPG's I like are Pokemon style and Skyrim style games. I love Star Wars and this looks awesome, is it beginner friendly for MMO beginners and for people who are playing it alone?

It's fine for beginners and it's solo friendly. There will be a learning curve though if you've never played an MMO

Darn, I thought wave 4 today was gonna be it. Oct 10th.... I must be right on the cusp.

They announced 4th wave after all the emails had gone out it seems. Hope for a bonus wave!

ksimm

I feel kind of guilty having pre-ordered, cancelled to buy it cheaper elsewhere and then get into 2 betas and invited to early access day 1 for £0.

Ketch

somebody with a twitter needs to ask @SWTOR about the chances of bonus waves today.... gotta know so I can get up from the PC... release me from my bonds!

Sillverrr

If it's any consolation, I got in 1st wave, 1st day, but have hardly any time to play because I'm at work. I'd imagine many people are in the same situation due to zero prior notice about when their EGA would start.
I'm not complaining, just sayin' that most people didn't account for 7 days and thus aren't taking full advantage.

So people who get the security code thing get an exclusive ingame vendor, its not available in europe yet so I haven't got it, if any americans get it let us know whats for sale :)

How do these crystals work? Can you swap them around or is it a 1 time use deal?

You can remove crystals, there was a charge to do so in beta but im not sure if its still in there now.

Oh yes, there is a huge main quest to play through. It gets broken up at times with side quests both optional and tangent story related (flashpoints, ect.) I shouldn't have bought a PS3 and a bunch of games, I now realize I won't have time to get to them for a while. In fact, I am considering returning most of what I bought black friday. @_@

Any other people rolling Healadins... err trooper healer?

Okay, cool. But is it like FFXI where I'll have to quit my job and say goodbye to my friends and family in order to complete the main quest, or is it doable in 80ish hours or something?

Cathcart

somebody with a twitter needs to ask @SWTOR about the chances of bonus waves today.... gotta know so I can get up from the PC... release me from my bonds!
Pretty sure Rockjaw said no bonus waves today but that the regular waves would be bigger than they were yesterday.

markatisu

Is there another way to do AA? I tried it and it just quits out and goes back to the desktop, I see some others have the same problem.

I have the AMD Radeon HD6630m, plays everything in SWTOR on High with no problem but just would like the jaggies to go away

Cathcart

Okay, cool. But is it like FFXI where I'll have to quit my job and say goodbye to my friends and family in order to complete the main quest, or is it doable in 80ish hours or something?

I think their estimate is 200 hours. Don't see why you'd have to quit your job, though. Just play it when you can and you'll finish it eventually.

Wallach

Is there another way to do AA? I tried it and it just quits out and goes back to the desktop, I see some others have the same problem.

I have the AMD Radeon HD6630m, plays everything in SWTOR on High with no problem but just would like the jaggies to go away

Are you forcing it via the .ini or through CCC? I think doing it via the .ini will not work on AMD cards yet.

Ningo

Agent at 20.5 24hrs played. time for sleep. 5am and only had 3 hrs last night. ugh. Just did hammer station with 3 snipers and a healer lol took 3 goes on last boss but was great.

Pat

Even if I cancelled my pre-order, it seems I'm still eligible for the early access, hehe.

I'm not sure if this is on purpose or strategic marketing wise, but it might work on me.

Meowtor

Gold Member
so weird question:

I pre-ordered from best buy (paid in full) and got my pre-order code. I entered the code and got my account set up but now its asking for a product registration code or something and wont let me download the game ahead of time to be ready for the release.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am i out 60$?

Edit: The FAQ on the site in no way helped and the que to talk to someone is like 3 hours.. :/

Is that it for the waves for today? Not keeping track of this shit but now I want to if they are already up to October.

Yeah, they're done, 4th wave been released... unless they release a bonus wave like they did yesterday, but it's been relatively quiet so I wouldn't count on it today..

demonkaze

I know it's early days at the moment but any idea on the breakdown of the most favoured classes so far? I want to play BH still but i'd rather not do it if it's the most popular class.

Wallach

Yeah I tried that through the ini and it just quits out, remove the line and the game runs like normal

Yeah, you will have to use the control panel to force it on AMD cards. Remember that normal MSAA will not apply AA to transparencies, you need to set it to adaptive MSAA to do that (but it will elbow drop your framerate).

StUnNeR H2K

You can remove crystals, there was a charge to do so in beta but im not sure if its still in there now.

Yes charge still present. I think it was around 100-150 credits to remove an item. Not sure what figures the cost, it varied probably dependant on the quality of the item being removed. Much better than early on when you couldn't remove a item.

I picked up a off-hand pistol yesterday that had a better barrel on it, and my bounty hunter is a Powertech so the offhand was useless, but removed the barrel attached it to my main hand. Sold the offhand pistol to a vendor and it coverd the cost of the removal.

StUnNeR H2K

Anyone have an idea on what time frame the waves today have covered? September to October 9th ish?

This might help.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=12818
07/21-08/15 - In for Early Access! - (12/13-12/14)
08/16-09/05 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/14)
09/06-09/25 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/14)
09/26-10/15 - Invites in progress! - Up to the 2nd of October as of 11:47 AM CST
10/16-11/05 - Waiting
11/06-11/25 - Waiting
11/26-Present - Waiting

What are Sith Inquisitor humans' "Slave Brands" supposed to represent? In the lore are all humans who became inquisitors were all once slaves or something?

Ok - gave in to the hype and am downloading the client right now. I pre-ordered in July but then cancelled it a couple of months ago. It still says I can get early access though.

I did pre-order again last night in order to play the full version. Looking forward to playing Trooper.

Quick question: Can I only join the GAF guild in-game now? I tried to do it via web but it looks like that functionality has expired.

No I think it's closed. Just join our server and someone will invite you. I'll need someone in the republic guild to give me officer privileges when I log in tonight.

What are Sith Inquisitor humans' "Slave Brands" supposed to represent? In the lore are all humans who became inquisitors were all once slaves or something?

Reason why lot of the Sith is made up of Humans is because many were taken as Slaves by the original Pureblood Sith. Some hooked up with purebloods and diluted the blood lines down, but some of these Humans eventually down the line became Sith themselves. Many humans have slave ancestory dating back to the Great Hyperspace War. Humans became a big factor in the Sith along with break out Sith factions that came to be later from the likes of Exar Kun, so the racial bias of the Sith still remains and the game brings up how Sith purebloods don't all look well upon the other races and see them as "unpure"

Top Bottom