• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Izayoi

Banned
If anyone hit 100, it was not done in legitmate ways. Spawn camping couldn't do it. And no, turrets were B.S. so they didn't cause it.

Can you show a screen shot of someone at 100? I haven't seen one yet though people keep stating this.
I'll take a screenshot if I happen across one while doing my dalies. There were a couple of screenshots in the thread on the official forums I believe.

Maybe I structured that post poorly. I was talking to the other two :)
Ah, lol.

24 Hours to fix the problem, why is Bioware so lazy, how dare they, blah blah blah
The damage has already been done in most places. Shutting down Ilum entirely would've been the right decision.

What matters now is how they fix it (they won't).

hamchan

Is it bad that I think if they just took all the class quests and made it into it's own single player game it would be one of the best games ever? I think I am getting burnt out on all the filler between the brilliant class quests. Leveling my IA alt and going through the same quests again will be hard but I really want to see the story :-/

LowParry

Is it bad that I think if they just took all the class quests and made it into it's own single player game it would be one of the best games ever? I think I am getting burnt out on all the filler between the brilliant class quests. Leveling my IA alt and going through the same quests again will be hard but I really want to see the story :-/

Pretty fun to me. Already working on my second alt.

JWong

Banned

You know, singleplayer games also have filler quests.

Torraz

Am I the only Sorc levelling as corruption (healing) spec? It works quite well, especially once one gets the third companion who is a DPS machine.

Emitan

lolwutuzjjq.png

lol

I love this community...

Blitzzz

ask high level guildies to run you through class quests?

CzarTim

Leveling my alt now, I'm just spacing through all non-class quests.

Pretty much this.

You know, singleplayer games also have filler quests.

Not nearly as many, and not nearly as much pointless backtracking through 3 loading screens.

Torraz

I hope that there will be longplays etc. of this happening.

Klorox33

Neo Member
I am having a fun with the game. Spend a bunch of commendations gearing vector out last night, and did some heroics witch was really nice xp. With regards to the down time I don't mind it if it is going to address some of the issues atm...gives me time to play some other games in the que or say hi to the GF/Dog/Cats :]

One of my biggest regrets is not rolling a big girl as my main best lookin avatar ass in an MMO imo

Ken

One point optional if you want to put Lightning Spire into Electric Induction.

Where is Electrical Induction?

Also, lol at the picture used for Lightning Induction, it's the same picture for the Vanguard's Storm ability.

Heh, level 4, got my Sith hoodie, and I feel like the character from Infamous.

So they got the patch out for Ilum already? I hope it fixes the problem, but I have to hand it to them in getting a speedy patch out. It's a shame it made it through testing. I wish they would roll back the valor.

vilmer_

I'm REALLY enjoying pvp now that level 50s have their own bracket. The matches have been much more even and most importantly fun! On my server the Empire outnumber us by an insane margin so getting a win before against a level 50 premade just to get the daily done was quite the chore. Ended up winning six in a row last night :)

Alex

If I wanted to just play solo and just watch story as opposed to just have it as an enhancement, I'd probably just play something else. I think the filler quests are actually some of the better in an open world title and I want all of the elite quests and co-op bits and everything else surrounding it. I agree with the consensus that it's a bang up co-op game even if it's really that massive in any regard (but few MMOs are, anymore)

No interest in KOTOR 3, myself, especially since if this was KOTOR 3 the actual use of lore, classes and character stories, etc would all be back to bog standard Force fare in every regard more than likely. =/

Alex

That's what makes them so fun to stab, though! If only all of that self-righteousness doubled as a shield.

I've told this story a few times in the WoW thread but back when Blizzard patched in Cataclysm's trappings one of the changes was to give a race-specific Paladin mount to Draenei.

And it was a really good job, not as much of a quick and stupid palette swap or simple reskin as you would figure with them lately.

Anyway, it spawned a thread full of all out hatred on the boards. This was really creepy shit, people ranting on how it ruined the game, ruined their RP/character, etc one person made an utter diatribe on how it made them physically sick (and blamed Blizzard for their lapse in health) and they wished they could quit but their friends needed them to raid.

Best rule for MMOs is to be really careful with the community, always avoid the official boards and honestly most of the aux ones too.

I'm REALLY enjoying pvp now that level 50s have their own bracket. The matches have been much more even and most importantly fun! On my server the Empire outnumber us by an insane margin so getting a win before against a level 50 premade just to get the daily done was quite the chore. Ended up winning six in a row last night :)

PvP is more fun when it's PvP and not crazy ass gear grinding and other related horse shit.

FLEABttn

Banned
I've seen some insane shit over 7 years at the WoW boards, and in a mere month, SWTOR forums took the cake in crazy. It'd be impressive if not for it being so sad.

Blitzzz

Pretty much this.

Not nearly as many, and not nearly as much pointless backtracking through 3 loading screens.

I understand most of the criticisms of the UI/bugs what have you but I can't understand this at all. Complaining about filler in an MMO (even though they give you other options to level up) and how it doesn't play like a single player KOTOR3 accomplishes what exactly?

mxgt

Banned
I've seen some insane shit over 7 years at the WoW boards, and in a mere month, SWTOR forums took the cake in crazy. It'd be impressive if not for it being so sad.

Well it is a Bioware game.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts about analysing Sith sweat yet.

Zafir

FPPmM.jpg

I don't know what the cap is, but it sure as shit isn't a 50-50 cap.
On my server it seemed a bit more balanced in the sense that the republicans actually managed to push us back a few times. However the cap hasn't helped performance at all. I was still getting 5FPS on both lowest AND maxed settings.

hamchan

I understand most of the criticisms of the UI/bugs what have you but I can't understand this at all. Complaining about filler in an MMO (even though they give you other options to level up) and how it doesn't play like a single player KOTOR3 accomplishes what exactly?
Well, I'm not really complaining just expressing my opinion that the class stories are so good that I think going through these filler quests 4 times each for each faction to experience it is going to suck hard. I actually do think the 8 classes, 8 different storylines format would work very well in a single player context. Playing through short 5-10 hour stories for each class would be pretty amazing.

^Also the SWTOR community being insane should have been expected. It's a combination of the MMO community, the Star Wars community and the Bioware community. That's like 3x the crazy!

Never think about pvp. That's my mmo game plan. Keeps the insanity down. I'll play battlefront 2 for my starwars pvp.

I do wish this game didn't perform like ass after a while. Maybe 4gb of ram ain't enough these days... but i'm not upgrading just cuz of poor optimization =/

the unsubscribe thread was closed so I went and checked to see if i had the option and it was actually there. It's nice to have the option to use game cards seeing as it took years for MS to add the option to remove CC details for canadians.

i also found this.is it a sign of people dropping out or was this promotion here from day1?
swtor101.jpg

FLEABttn

Banned
the unsubscribe thread was closed so I went and checked to see if i had the option and it was actually there. It's nice to have the option to use game cards seeing as it took years for MS to add the option to remove CC details for canadians.

i also found this.is it a sign of people dropping out or was this promotion here from day1?
swtor101.jpg

I honestly think it's too lame to be a real attempt at dissuading people from actually canceling.

I mean, shit, Blizzard's way of dissuading people was to give them a mount, beta access to MoP, and Diablo 3.

Blitzzz

Well, I'm not really complaining just expressing my opinion that the class stories are so good that I think going through these filler quests 4 times each for each faction to experience it is going to suck hard. I actually do think the 8 classes, 8 different storylines format would work very well in a single player context. Playing through short 5-10 hour stories for each class would be pretty amazing.

^Also the SWTOR community being insane should have been expected. It's a combination of the MMO community, the Star Wars community and the Bioware community. That's like 3x the crazy!

has any game ever done that? multiple storylines with no repeat in one game? geniunely curious cause I don't think any game company would give you that much material for the price of one game. Maybe 1 or 2 storylines then charge for DLC per story

Torraz

swtor101.jpg

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=198797

They started a thread today regarding this new offer.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I haven't been able to play recently due to work, but has the warzone performance improved? Last I played warzones were like a strobe-light chugfest, I even had to hit keys multiple times to get an ability to activate. Any better?

hamchan

has any game ever done that? multiple storylines with no repeat in one game? geniunely curious cause I don't think any game company would give you that much material for the price of one game. Maybe 1 or 2 storylines then charge for DLC per story
Yeah that seems the more likely option. It would be pretty amazing though. Closest I can think of is Yakuza 4 pretty much being 4 mini campaigns with the 4 main characters.

Torraz

Yeah that seems the more likely option. It would be pretty amazing though. Closest I can think of is Yakuza 4 pretty much being 4 mini campaigns with the 4 main characters.

Seems like a good example, regarding Yakuza 4. Those additional campaigns would actually make for excellently sized DLC chunks.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I honestly think it's too lame to be a real attempt at dissuading people from actually canceling.

I mean, shit, Blizzard's way of dissuading people was to give them a mount, beta access to MoP, and Diablo 3.

And it worked. :( Now i dont want to pay subscriptions for 2 MMOs if i wanna try SWTOR.

But hey, at least i got a free mount for all my WoW alts, access to the beta of MoP and free Diablo 3, so i wont complain.

If you are constantly going through 3 loading screens, you are doing something wrong as this is extremely rare unless your going back to fleet and back to planet every couple minutes, which again is a big "why?"

Top Bottom