• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Was wondering, do any of the class stories reference another? Are they all even happening about the same time? Like say the jedi knight is pretty much off saving planets and what not left and right, kicking sith ass, does other classes acknowledge this? You'd think after act1 jk, consular folks would probably mention something about what happened...

is that possible? I firmly believe MOBA players are the worst community on the internet. At least here you're not forced to play with them non stop

MOBA players are definitely worse when you're on a team with them. I think the MMO players are bigger babies on the forums, though, for sure. MOBA games just don't have the same level of investment. They nerf your go-to hero, you play a different one.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
the unsubscribe thread was closed so I went and checked to see if i had the option and it was actually there. It's nice to have the option to use game cards seeing as it took years for MS to add the option to remove CC details for canadians.

i also found this.is it a sign of people dropping out or was this promotion here from day1?
swtor101.jpg

"PLEASE BUY YOUR SECOND MONTH. PLEASE."

I am, but damn, get some dignity.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Was wondering, do any of the class stories reference another? Are they all even happening about the same time? Like say the jedi knight is pretty much off saving planets and what not left and right, kicking sith ass, does other classes acknowledge this? You'd think after act1 jk, consular folks would probably mention something about what happened...
This is something im curious about. Especially given whats uncovered during the IA story. Or maybe having the IA story not referenced anywhere was the intention lol

Blitzzz

MOBA players are definitely worse when you're on a team with them. I think the MMO players are bigger babies on the forums, though, for sure. MOBA games just don't have the same level of investment. They nerf your go-to hero, you play a different one.

as long as they stay on the forums and off my teams it's fine by me! :D

Theres a few little mentions of things, like you will get a mail doing one quest afterwards that makes mention of something that happened in another classes quest and such, though many of the big events are shared content and lead up to the same point by the end, though each character class is it's own unique heroic character storyline going on at the same time.

Wallach

Yeah, definitely. Also it seems like you get an enormously wider range of player types in an MMO, whereas I feel like the type of folks that stick around in the MOBA community will typically have a lot more in common.

zlatko

Banned
So for those of you higher level, can you post some screenshots of what your character looks like?

I'm thinking of starting up an alt this weekend, but I still don't know what, but I figure a couple bad ass screenshots can sway me in a certain direction. :)

Ken

So for those of you higher level, can you post some screenshots of what your character looks like?

I'm thinking of starting up an alt this weekend, but I still don't know what, but I figure a couple bad ass screenshots can sway me in a certain direction. :)
Trooper. I'll take a SS when I get back from class but my trooper looks like a Space Marine from Warhammer.

Anyone want to do a HM FP tonight? I'm Vergil on RepubGAF KV.

Trouble

Banned
Yeah really. I mean if I was quitting a Founder title wouldnt swing me off the fence anyway.

They all do this now though. It was clearly in the works ahead of time.
Yeah the timing was pretty bad, but this isn't the kind of thing you implement in one day.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

my 2 guys

Assassin
GkKzb.jpg

Guardian
qYBEe.jpg

Like my assassin as is, higher lvl armor looks like shit of what I've seen. I love modable stuff!

Emitan

My level 29 Scoundrel in a cowboy duster:

Click for full size

haha this being my first none f2p mmo in a while,

f2p: ooh few months can't wait!
p2p: fuuu more money out of my wallet T_T

It's perfectly fine for now that I still have a fair bit of stuff to do (only lvl 36). But eventually...

btw: anybody got some high lvl IA's? Wanna see what they look like ;P

F2P players generally have to wait longer for new content, and often when new content comes, you still have to pay for it. The wallet will be punished either way

TheYanger

So they got the patch out for Ilum already? I hope it fixes the problem, but I have to hand it to them in getting a speedy patch out. It's a shame it made it through testing. I wish they would roll back the valor.

For a game destroying issue (and yes, that pretty well destroyed pvp on any populated server) that was not a speedy reaction in the least.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For a game destroying issue (and yes, that pretty well destroyed pvp on any populated server) that was not a speedy reaction in the least.

In my imp guild, you really don't want to know how many people reached battlemaster yesterday because of this. It was insane. My main is a repub on the same server, so I was kinda like... yeah... that sucks.

So...what actually happened?

I don't PVP so I don't have line of sight to this issue. Do you have a link to an explanation or can you explain?

Exploit on Illum allowed bunch of players to exploit valor so you got a bunch of people who just did nothing but exploit and get up to max valor rank in a few hours yesterday. Still doesn't auto give them full gear but yea a bunch of lvl 50's got to top valor rank and people claim it's ruined the pvp now for the rest of the games life and everyone is going to cancel

TheYanger

Complete overreaction, imo.
How does bioware's ball sweat taste again? This was a major imbalance that fucked pvp pretty hard in the teeth. They knew about it within hours at worst, and still took an entire day to shut it down. Their reaction did little to fix the problem they'd created. It lacks a spine. Blizzard, for all their faults, would not have let something like this slide. (Yeah you guys quote the 'great' TB exploit, but all that did was save you from farming NORMAL battlegrounds for honor. That's the equivilent of getting like centurion level pvp gear in swtor, not battlemaster gear).

In a few weeks no one is going to care
In a few weeks I sure as shit won't be rank 60 still. MAYBE rank 50 something. Either way it's a pretty big blow to the confidence in the company's competency in regards to exploits. In fact, the credit duping ones as well as this have done nothing but tell people that the exploits you find should be rode hard and fast because nothing bad is going to happen to you.

So a bunch of level 50s maxed out their valor. How does break the game again? Wouldn't they be maxed out in a couple weeks anyway?
No. Valor ranks take a LONG time to grind out. Only the most dedicated pvpers were battlemasters already, like a handful per server. Rank 60 is literally hundreds of warzone matches.

Exploit on Illum allowed bunch of players to exploit valor so you got a bunch of people who just did nothing but exploit and get up to max valor rank in a few hours yesterday. Still doesn't auto give them full gear but yea a bunch of lvl 50's got to top valor rank and people claim it's ruined the pvp now for the rest of the games life and everyone is going to cancel

Okay. Thanks for that.

PVP...lol

Also...not a tech-guy but couldn't Bioware just...run "some report" and see who did the exploit? Couldn't they track "Valor gain over timeline X"

Anyone with a drammatic spike...gets blown up hard?
Problem solved?

Blitzzz

Okay. Thanks for that.

PVP...lol

Also...not a tech-guy but couldn't Bioware just...run "some report" and see who did the exploit? Couldn't they track "Valor gain over timeline X"

Problem solved?

They've said they know who those people are. They just haven't said what they'll do with them. You'll have crying on either end.

Okay. Thanks for that.

PVP...lol

Problem solved?

They said they know who did it, but they haven't done anything and most people doubt they will since people who exploited before got away with short term bans

eznark

Banned

How does bioware's ball sweat taste again? This was a major imbalance that fucked pvp pretty hard in the teeth. They knew about it within hours at worst, and still took an entire day to shut it down. Their reaction did little to fix the problem they'd created. It lacks a spine. Blizzard, for all their faults, would not have let something like this slide. (Yeah you guys quote the 'great' TB exploit, but all that did was save you from farming NORMAL battlegrounds for honor. That's the equivilent of getting like centurion level pvp gear in swtor, not battlemaster gear).

In a few weeks I sure as shit won't be rank 60 still. MAYBE rank 50 something. Either way it's a pretty big blow to the confidence in the company's competency in regards to exploits. In fact, the credit duping ones as well as this have done nothing but tell people that the exploits you find should be rode hard and fast because nothing bad is going to happen to you.

No. Valor ranks take a LONG time to grind out. Only the most dedicated pvpers were battlemasters already, like a handful per server. Rank 60 is literally hundreds of warzone matches.

This is what I mean by MMO players are worse than dota-clone players.

Mairu

I've been taking a break from the game this week and after what happened yesterday I pretty much have no motivation to PvP when I go back. From what people have been telling me on my server even before everyone just ran to Ilum doing warzones without a premade in the level 50 bracket was pointless. Now if I decided to go back to doing warzones to continue the hours to days to weeks long grind to 60 it'll be doing so against a majority of people already decked out in r60 gear.

I think at this point I'll just be doing operations on my Juggernaut (who is going to be at a disadvantage considering the battlemaster weapons are much easier to obtain and better than what's available at the nm/hm level of ops) and playing a few other class storylines before stopping after another month of play.

So can you finally have more than 2 windows open? Such a pain trying to compare mods between modable stuff in your inventory vs equipped vs companion or w/e.

All points covered yesterday and a valid argument, but you are overreacting or reaching. Just like our last dance you spout "and yes, that pretty well destroyed pvp on any populated server." Says who? You? You're on one server dude. Actually two since I believe you said you rolled a toon on the GAF one. I'm sure some servers are borked but once again you apply your own experiences and project them onto everyone else. Shadow Hand's one of the more populated US servers and we're doing just fine.

The delicate part and dance kills me. :lol

Realyn

U

Top Bottom