• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Thoraxes

What would you call massive? 1-2% of the entire TOR population?

The percentage of the people playing operative, not relative to the entire playerbase size, but contained within the operative playerbase.

Also, I was not aware Bioware made their playerbase metrics available.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The percentage of the people playing operative, not relative to the entire playerbase size, but contained within the operative playerbase.

Also, I was not aware Bioware made their playerbase metrics available.

Well i asked what you thought massive was. Lets say, for sake of argument, that 20% of the playerbase in TOR is Operative. Would you consider 1-2% of the TOR playerbase rerolling massive?

Thoraxes

Well i asked what you thought massive was. Lets say, for sake of argument, that 20% of the playerbase in TOR is Operative. Would you consider 1-2% of the TOR playerbase rerolling massive?

Within the entire populus of the game? No. If that was almost (let's hypothetically say) 80% of the people playing operative though, I would call that massive and a problem.

Miletius

What's a good Republic server to roll on? So tired of Thanna Vesh already, trying to get groups at peak times and not even one bite. Empire side KV is active at all times, could probably get a group on at 3 AM, but even with a comparable number of people on TV everybody is silent. Sucks that I'll be essentially abandoning my republic character (only 22) but I'm not going to sit on a dead server because of a couple of days questing.

What's a good Republic server to roll on? So tired of Thanna Vesh already, trying to get groups at peak times and not even one bite. Empire side KV is active at all times, could probably get a group on at 3 AM, but even with a comparable number of people on TV everybody is silent. Sucks that I'll be essentially abandoning my republic character (only 22) but I'm not going to sit on a dead server because of a couple of days questing.
Krayt Dragon has a strong republic presence.

Moaradin

Just finished my story. Everyone should eventually play the IA storyline. It's the definitive story for SWTOR as far as I'm concerned.

Just finished my story. Everyone should eventually play the IA storyline. It's the definitive story for SWTOR as far as I'm concerned.

with op nerf around the corner... which AC would you recommend if you just want to play for the story aka which is better at leveling.

I'm all for a great story, but man... guardians... not so hot pre 50. How are snipers at AOE? I know 1 of the trees is more mobile, how does that hold up? Don't really love the cover system.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
with op nerf around the corner... which AC would you recommend if you just want to play for the story aka which is better at leveling.

I'm all for a great story, but man... guardians... not so hot pre 50. How are snipers at AOE? I know 1 of the trees is more mobile, how does that hold up? Don't really love the cover system.
The incoming nerfs wont even affect Operatives until level 36 and beyond. If all you are going to do is the story go Operative. Youll get access to a healing tree which will make a lot of content trivial if you use and deck out a tank companion.

If you have any thoughts of doing any kind of raiding pick Sniper. Melee dps is pretty much unwanted and thats what Operatives are.

jersoc

I got a 50 sage and rolled on KV today. It's crazy how many people I see. I went with planets having like 15 pop and 20 was busy! I hardly saw any sith too.

I think bioware is going to have a big problem on their hand once subs start dropping.

usea

Finally got the green matrix shard on belsavis. Took about 1.5 hours to find 4 rakata energy cubes, and I think I got pretty lucky with them.

Is there somewhere (a website) where I can view the various companion customizations? Torhead seems to have squat. I don't want to have to buy them to look at them. It says you can preview in-game, but you can't.

Finally got the green matrix shard on belsavis. Took about 1.5 hours to find 4 rakata energy cubes, and I think I got pretty lucky with them.

Is there somewhere (a website) where I can view the various companion customizations? Torhead seems to have squat. I don't want to have to buy them to look at them. It says you can preview in-game, but you can't.

You should be able to preview them, they work for me. Works the same way you preview armor, previewer also needs to be on the correct companion.

usea

You should be able to preview them, they work for me. Works the same way you preview armor, previewer also needs to be on the correct companion.
Ah. I see. There's a tab at the bottom of the preview window, you have to switch to the companion tab. Thank you.

Where's the white bowdaar customization? :( I hope it exists.

Anyone else's toon's eyes change colors randomly? (Not sith corruption related)

Sometimes my toon's eyes are normal light silver, then some times they go dark blueish

See below

Normal
ibtZipvQzilWbm.jpg

why u darkblu?!
iqxsAfzTDugR3.jpg

Choc

Banned
so on the shared planets when you stray into others territory you come up against level 50 champions as regular guys

do you guys think it would be possible with an operation of 16 50's to clean out a republic area on tatooine for example?

zlatko

Banned
Angelus that happens to me too with my Jedi Knight Human going from Hazel/super light blue, to being green as green can be.

I think it has to do with the games lighting.

frequency

That was a quick game, and my first #1 on the board! :)[/QUOTE]

You guys out-leveled us. It was just 3 of us who noticed we were queue-ing individually so we queued together. No real organization or anything. We, by chance, got some other gaffers in there too though.

I'm level 25. And the gaffers I queued with were also in their 20's.

I was a healer. I think every death I had was from one of you Empire GAF Operative jerks. Get me to like 10% health before the stun is even done.
And before someone comes crying about how I can break out of it: Guess what? Everyone has CC. I almost never have my break-CC ability up because I pretty much use it whenever it is up. As a healer, I can't afford to save it because people die if I'm not healing.

But anyway... :p
All in good fun. Just didn't want you to gloat too hard.

On another note, there needs to be more healing-based medals. I'm ALWAYS at the very bottom of the list. Stupid medals.

Emitan

On another note, there needs to be more healing-based medals. I'm ALWAYS at the very bottom of the list. Stupid medals.

Yep! All I get are three medals a match. The one for healing 2.5k at once, the one for healing 75k total, and maybe a defender medal for hanging around a turret on Alderaan Civil War.

Zafir

Yeah, I'm not even an healer and I agree that there should be more healing medals.

I think the medal system kind of pushes people into medal hunting too. I swear half of the huttball games I've pugged, the majority of my team will just kill hunt.

gatti-man

You guys out-leveled us. It was just 3 of us who noticed we were queue-ing individually so we queued together. No real organization or anything. We, by chance, got some other gaffers in there too though.

I'm level 25. And the gaffers I queued with were also in their 20's.

I was a healer. I think every death I had was from one of you Empire GAF Operative jerks. Get me to like 10% health before the stun is even done.
And before someone comes crying about how I can break out of it: Guess what? Everyone has CC. I almost never have my break-CC ability up because I pretty much use it whenever it is up. As a healer, I can't afford to save it because people die if I'm not healing.

But anyway... :p
All in good fun. Just didn't want you to gloat too hard.

We arent too organized but we have played together 3 or 4 nights.

Alur

I had 260k+ heals in that game and only 4 medals sadly. I would feel worse about the medals if we didn't run as a group so much...the tradeoff is we get more valor through MVP votes. People notice my healing more because of the group I guess.

Was fun going against Rep GAF! More please!

(Kruul btw)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
what do you guys usually do. take currency or gear?

also,
edit: so... level 14 and only had 1 flirt option on my male sith inquisitor? thought there was supposed to be a decent amount?

Emitan

what do you guys usually do. take currency or gear?

also, no one seems to want to have a fling with an evil sith sorcerer? no flirt options except for 1 girl on korriban. i smanged as a jedi under level 10. lol.

I usually take currency unless it's gear for my tanking companion because he really needs it (I'm a healer and totally reliant on him).

I had 260k+ heals in that game and only 4 medals sadly. I would feel worse about the medals if we didn't run as a group so much...the tradeoff is we get more valor through MVP votes. People notice my healing more because of the group I guess.

Was fun going against Rep GAF! More please!

(Kruul btw)

I normally only get 3-4 medals a match. Especially when stuck defending that left-most turrent on Alderaan. I like how they break down points earned on the scoreboard but some more medals would be nice.

And those Republicans better get their act together, Max Rogan returns to his gleeful slaughter of the enemy when he returns on Tuesday.

Emitan

Anyone from Empire GAF want to give Warm an invite? I'm going to level up an Agent (Sniper) after I reach 50 on my Scoundrel to see what all the fuss is about.

squidyj

Yeah, I'm not even an healer and I agree that there should be more healing medals.

I think the medal system kind of pushes people into medal hunting too. I swear half of the huttball games I've pugged, the majority of my team will just kill hunt.

There should be more healing medals that do not reward players who heal for a single life but are DPS Spec, I can already grab the 2.5k crit medal very easily on my merc and operative so please, more medals for real healers, less low hanging fruit for dps specs to pluck.

KePoW

Banned
For Imperial Agent, when is the end of Chapter 1? I'm on Tatooine at level 26... can anyone give me an idea if it's that much longer?

frequency

Just throw a few pew pews into dudes in between heals. :p

I don't have my attacks key bound. I click them. Because.
All my heals, dispells, etc are bound.

And there is no "in between heals". If I stop, someone dies sooner than they should have. If I waste force on attacks, someone dies sooner than they should have. I don't want people to die :(

Nessus is a Sniper. There was only one Operative.

<3

I'm not saying there were lots. I was just trying to say that all 4 of my deaths was by one person (who happened to be an Empire GAF Operative). I enjoy the word "jerk" and use it a lot - even if I don't mean it.
The bit about being stunned to death was poking fun at earlier arguments in this thread.

About the medals... I don't really care that much. I don't need to be at the top of lists or have the highest numbers or anything like that. I just want to be recognized for my contributions by the game so my valour grind isn't so long. According to the game, I'm the least useful person in the entire WZ. I'd like to think my healing isn't that useless.

squidyj

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone but I just figured out how to really cheese healing medals in Huttball. super cheesy. dangerously cheesy.

gyrspike

Neo Member
For all those wanting invites to KV's Empire GAF, your best best is to do /who in game. Once the who dialog box opens up type GAF in the top and press enter. This should show you all the GAF guildies online. Send a whisper to one or two. If they can't invite you they should be able to get someone else in the guild to invite you. Or just send me a whisper, Gyrs.

Top Bottom