• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Tess3ract

Banned
My side keeps losing in pvp match after match and it's so soul crushing I'm just afking till my fucking daily updates (for real this time)

I hit that at lvl 45 with my bh the story just got really bland. So i pvp/fp/and only do story quests.

Yeah, I'm disappointed its hit so soon (2 weeks), but I get no impression of a 'living galaxy', or even a living world on the planets I've visited. Everything is so thread bare. Very rarely have I seen other players outside of fleet.

Yeah, I'm disappointed its hit so soon (2 weeks), but I get no impression of a 'living galaxy', or even a living world on the planets I've visited. Everything is so thread bare. Very rarely have I seen other players outside of fleet.

Pretty much how I felt, I rolled a new toon (Tee'hee) and it's alleviated my issues a little.

I feel so bad I haven't played this much. Only about 10 hours or so between 2 characters. Happened to be diving into Dark Souls a bit more.

I think I'll be around more in the near future though. Certainly will sub for at least a second month as I definitely haven't gotten my fill yet.

Realyn

Hum? No, I am just overlvld as fuck. Did alot of PvP since the brackets have arrived and finished most bonus series/heroics/flashpoints etc.
On the other hand I completly skipped Tatooine and Hoth planet quests and my class quest is still grey for me -_-

Choc

Banned
Hum? No, I am just overlvld as fuck. Did alot of PvP since the brackets have arrived and finished most bonus series/heroics/flashpoints etc.
On the other hand I completly skipped Tatooine and Hoth planet quests and my class quest is still grey for me -_-

it will be grey for a while. You can blow through the class quests now till about the end of Belsavis

Realyn

They all are grey and give 5 exp :(. Hoth looks cool, I will do them with a twink - or for my codex in case they ever fix it.

Oh, and I just have to get this out:
I have a pretty hardcore PvP background with DAoC.
So ... I was doing my stuff on Hoth and saw some lvl ~38 guys and I let them live. Why should I kill them? No challenge in fighting and they dont even give points for me.
Some time later I find a Imp on my level. I waited until he killed his stuff and regged. I /bow ´ed, waited another 10 seconds before attacking ...

Yeah well, long story short. Take a guess which Imp added to the fight and killed me. God, I should give up on playing like that. 90% of the players are morons anyway - this goes for both sides.
Like .. honestly. Do open world kills even give you some warzone marks? Just let the two guys battle it out. Jeez ...

Sigfodr

I hit Balmorra (Rep) at 29 and I couldn't kill the lone mobs required for a planet quest. Some of my quests from Alderaan I didn't complete are still yellow.

I hit Balmorra (Rep) at 29 and I couldn't kill the lone mobs required for a planet quest. Some of my quests from Alderaan I didn't complete are still yellow.

wow... that's low. I went there at like 37 o_O. I tend to do all the non heroic quests on the planets though, including bonus stuff.

Sigfodr

that would mean you finished Act 1 under level 30?

wow

I was kind of taking my time, but everything picked up heavily at the end of the act and I pushed through the class quests while ignoring everything else. Plus, apparently my class was OP (scoundrel).

Choc

Banned
wow... that's low. I went there at like 37 o_O. I tend to do all the non heroic quests on the planets though, including bonus stuff.

yeah i do this as well but now im on belsavis its getting insane.

The amount of quests the planets have towards the end is crazy, like every where you go 15 questgivers plus a GIGANTIC planet

zlatko

Banned
So how many of you actually seek out the Datacrons on planets? I think I've found a total of 2 or 3 ever, although I've seen a few in places I can't reach before.

Just curious if that's something people do when they hit 50 and just follow a guide for, or should I be getting them as I go?

Tess3ract

Banned
Voss is okay, Belsavis is okay.

To be honest I dont like any of the planets that much after doing them.

The characters and theme on Voss is much better than Belsavis, the story on belsavis is much better than the one on voss.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i absolutely loved Belsavis. The IA story there was awesome. The planet story dealt with a lot of the KotOR lore (Rakata) and new lore for SW. i dont have anything negative to say about that planet.

So how many of you actually seek out the Datacrons on planets? I think I've found a total of 2 or 3 ever, although I've seen a few in places I can't reach before.

Just curious if that's something people do when they hit 50 and just follow a guide for, or should I be getting them as I go?

I'm just waiting until 50, then grabbing a guide to do it. Takes the fun out of the hunt I know. I did grab one on Nar Shadaa I remembered from back in beta, and another one I stumbled on by pure accident.

I like the concept though, wish they would hide more stuff that's not quest related. More unique mobs, encampments, chests, etc. Questing is TOR is nice an all, but nothing quite beats stumbling on some rarely spawned named elite mob gaurding a chest with a special blue item inside.

Thoraxes

Fuck yeah Operative nerfs!

It sucks that they didn't balance it out with more sustainability, but i'd expect this from Bioware at the start of the game at any rate. The massive rerolls will probably tell them something.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Since the patch (basically since getting back to the country this week) - I've had serious, serious issues with mouse lag inside the client.

I use a logitech wireless mouse, and I don't have issues in windows, but inside the game my mouse will frequently become un-responsive for a second or two, and then "catch up". This makes it impossible to use the interface or target stuff in the environment easily.

Really frustrating. Updated Nvidia drivers and windows update, gonna check mouse drivers, but seems to work ok in windows/other aps, just not inside SWTOR.

And actually, SWTOR started up ok, but a few minutes in it starts to lag

Thoraxes

Since the patch (basically since getting back to the country this week) - I've had serious, serious issues with mouse lag inside the client.

I use a logitech wireless mouse, and I don't have issues in windows, but inside the game my mouse will frequently become un-responsive for a second or two, and then "catch up". This makes it impossible to use the interface or target stuff in the environment easily.

Really frustrating. Updated Nvidia drivers and windows update, gonna check mouse drivers, but seems to work ok in windows/other aps, just not inside SWTOR.

And actually, SWTOR started up ok, but a few minutes in it starts to lag

Is there anyway to ensure/check that it's not using a software mouse and using a hardware mouse instead?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Fuck yeah Operative nerfs!

It sucks that they didn't balance it out with more sustainability, but i'd expect this from Bioware at the start of the game at any rate. The massive rerolls will probably tell them something.
What would you call massive? 1-2% of the entire TOR population?

Top Bottom