• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

TheYanger

Most knockbacks don't stun. And... trinkets?
You said knocked out so I assumed you meant stunned or otherwise just getting destroyed, not 'knocked into the pit', my bad.

Trinkets = CC removal ability everyone gets. This is the terminology from wow, it's what I've heard everyone in SWTOR call em too for lack of any other unifying term. /shrug.

Sage/Sorc nerfs wont ever come. There might be a token change but nothing like making the whole class worthless like what happened to Operatives/Scoundrels.

Oh for the love of...
Just quit the fucking game if this is all you're going to do. JFC

frequency

Maybe we all just suck, or maybe I only have one point blank stun and need to stick to the ball handler in order to stun anyone chasing him. When you have 3 or 4 people congregate beside you because you are waiting for flame to go down, you can't keep all of them in front or behind you on that little ledge

Whatever, I'll go back and l2p...

Me too. Because it's apparently super easy to handle these situations.

When I'm healing (which has cast times by the way) and 2 Sorcs come running from out of view and and knock me off, it's totally me sucking. I should have known to have 360 degree vision and the ability to react and stun 2 people within a second while healing the ball carrier who is getting pummeled.

Every player everywhere sucks... Except the ones who post on forums about their amazing feats and how amazingly easy it is to avoid the pitfalls other players can't.

Note: I do appreciate tips. I'm always looking to learn. I don't appreciate being spoken down to though.

Draxal

Why all the hate for huttball?

I LOVE HUTTBALL!

It is tons of fun with a good group that sets themselves up for passes and can clear the lane the ball carrier is taking! Nothing better than playing D and having someone trying to score only to force push them back and take away their scoring opportunity. Even more fun to receive a pass and run in for the score! Love it!

Huttball get's significantly worse at 50, due to lifegrip and guardian leap, which allows sages/sorcerors and guardians/juggernauts to pretty much bypass the chokepoints on the map. When one of the class is already the fotm class, you rather much play any other map.

Class balance has a huge effect on huttball.

Choc

Banned
i don't mind hutball but when its over and over again i do

i can take huttball twice at a time then give me void or alderaan else i get bored

usea

Sage/Sorc nerfs wont ever come. There might be a token change but nothing like making the whole class worthless like what happened to Operatives/Scoundrels.
I'm saying this as a scoundrel: you have an absolutely delusional view of the state of the class, the effects of the nerf, and class balance as a whole.

Tacitus_

Sage/sorc nerfs are simple to do and I have no idea why they managed to get to release like that.
Simply reduce their baseline skills and move their healing capabilities suitably high up in the healing tree.

KePoW

Banned
i disagree on all three.

Your problem is that you've posted literally about 200+ times on the issue, you're taking it overboard.

Please note that I am *NOT* saying all your points are invalid. It's just that you seem to be taking the Operative issue really personally, why do you care that much about that one particular subject?

Just move on and let it go.

Your problem is that you've posted literally about 200+ times on the issue, you're taking it overboard.

Please note that I am *NOT* saying all your points are invalid. It's just that you seem to be taking the Operative issue really personally, why do you care that much about that one particular subject?

Just move on and let it go.

At the very least, wait until the fucking thing goes live, lol.

JWong

Banned
So when are they putting back the armoring slot in the Artifact gear?

I just want to take it out and use it on my own...

Edit: Oh nevermind, just reread some community update that makes sense.

Choc

Banned
Wendi might be concerned because the last nerf bioware introduced was a massive one and completely changed 1 of the crew skills

so they aren't afraid to go hardcore with the nerfs.

But perhaps he/she should wait till he/she plays it :)

Been playing my sorc alt lately and am having a great time pvping. Thank you to whoever posted the hybrid Sorcerer build earlier, it works wonders. I have a question though, what secondary stat should I be focusing on for dps, is Power the stat I should be focusing on or should I be using Crit?

Tacitus_

So when are they putting back the armoring slot in the Artifact gear?

I just want to take it out and use it on my own...

It's "coming". So unless something magical happens, probably in the march update.

Oh and TheYanger, I redid Voss on my alt. The TL;DR version goes like this: sith came to the planet ages ago, saw the gormack and disregarded them as beasts. Jedi followed them and started teaching the gormack who could use the force. Eventually this caused the species to separate to voss and gormack and the conflict that started from the separation spawned the Dark Heart, a place so fierce in the dark side that even most sith go insane in there.

Wendi might be concerned because the last nerf bioware introduced was a massive one and completely changed 1 of the crew skills

so they aren't afraid to go hardcore with the nerfs.

But perhaps he/she should wait till he/she plays it :)

Considering I was a 400 slicer (still are, toughed it through) when that particular nerf went through, I posted like one complaint in guild chat the day after and maybe once on here. Going on a 2 day posting binge declaring his/her opinion as pure fact and everyone should just accept it (I distinctly remember that as probably the worst post of the whole lot) is quite overboard imo.

hamchan

It's "coming". So unless something magical happens, probably in the march update.

Oh and TheYanger, I redid Voss on my alt. The TL;DR version goes like this: sith came to the planet ages ago, saw the gormack and disregarded them as beasts. Jedi followed them and started teaching the gormack who could use the force. Eventually this caused the species to separate to voss and gormack and the conflict that started from the separation spawned the Dark Heart, a place so fierce in the dark side that even most sith go insane in there.

So it's pretty much the Jedi's fault the planet is so messed up and I was right to turn the Voss against them.

Anyways my playtime to level 50 is exactly 100 hours. Playing on my alt I could probably shorten that considerably by skipping through all the filler quest text.

someone has discovered 1.1.1 actually buffs operative

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=225965

This is interesting, and on paper sounds really good. I might spec out of Jarring Strikes tonight just to see it in action. I've actually switched my opener in PVP to two successive Hidden Strikes when Cloaking Screen is up. I find Cloaking Screen as an escape in PVP to be unreliable, seeing as your average pvp player is going to dot you while your out of stealth, and we can't remove certain dots. Instead I pop them once with HS, then immediately Cloaking Screen and Acid Blade(Both ignore GCD) and hit them again. Cloaking Screen's a 2 minute Cooldown talented, but I'm now convinced this is probably why they wanted to nerf HS, as it's HUGE damage from just one attack.

Considering I was a 400 slicer (still are, toughed it through) when that particular nerf went through, I posted like one complaint in guild chat the day after and maybe once on here. Going on a 2 day posting binge declaring his/her opinion as pure fact and everyone should just accept it (I distinctly remember that as probably the worst post of the whole lot) is quite overboard imo.

My biggest problem aside from him repeatedly calling me a liar or a "poser" (lol) is that when someone asks about the class he makes them sound horrible. Operatives a really fun class, with interesting mechanics and a great story. Whatever his opinion on how they fare in PVP, that would be what I would want to tell people asking about or interested in the class, not that we're a turd in a punch bowl and have no redeeming qualities.

Tacitus_

So it's pretty much the Jedi's fault the planet is so messed up and I was right to turn the Voss against them.

Pretty much... the jedi wanted the force users to battle against the sith (who didn't give a fuck about who lived there) and then everything went to hell. That's what ancient gormack imprisoned by Sel-Makor told me anyway. Of course the sith ambassador spins this as hard as possible against the jedi and almost giggles after I told him that I didn't invent a word of it (after I blaimed the jedi).

So has there been any confirmation that Slicing was slightly un-nerfed? I started using it on my Sorc alt and even at low levels it seems like the payouts are more consistent and of higher quality, but maybe I'm just crazy...

So has there been any confirmation that Slicing was slightly un-nerfed? I started using it on my Sorc alt and even at low levels it seems like the payouts are more consistent and of higher quality, but maybe I'm just crazy...

I don't think Bioware actually said anything on the topic, but people on the forums are reporting good profit from it again. Doesn't seem to be as crazy as it once was, so maybe a happy medium was found.

frequency

Slicing nerf/partial un-nerf, IA nerf, SW/JK buff, etc, etc, etc.

Lets get down to the real problem here.

Why aren't there more hairstyles?! There's only like one good looking style!

So I now have 16 characters on 4 servers. They ALL have exactly the same hair style and face. The only difference is hair and eye colours.

Choc

Banned
you sir have a problem, 16 characters and there is only 8 main

wtf are you doing :D

JK needs a buff seriously anyway!!!!! ive given up on my JK until they fix it

Ken

So I now have 16 characters on 4 servers. They ALL have exactly the same hair style and face. The only difference is hair and eye colours.

I disagree.

It's more like two good looking hair styles.

KePoW

Banned

There are a large number of hairstyles. The problem is most of them suck.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
you sir have a problem, 16 characters and there is only 8 main

wtf are you doing :D

JK needs a buff seriously anyway!!!!! ive given up on my JK until they fix it
There's some differences. Shock vs Project with Sorcerer and Sage for example.

I'd probably do it if doing 1-10 so many times didn't get shitty.

4 times per planet is damn.

It's hard to decide what you like.

Darvan

Gaf,

I had a question concerning Marauder. I was talking to a friend today and he said it's much better to use the Marauder skill and wait for a dot icon to vanish before moving on to the next skill. IE. am currently doing this Force Charge>Deadly Saber>Battering Assault>Rupture. "working on getting annihilate" So my question is am I playing the class wrong by just going on to the next skill and not waiting for the skill icon to fade or are the DOT's stacking or if am wasting the skill dot's etc.

Thanks

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The biggest problem with TOR is that female body type 4 isnt fat enough. The male type 4 is at least 350 lbs.. maybe even 400. The woman bodies dont even come close to that. i want to laugh when my character does an acrobatic move to avoid an explosion.

Ken

Wow, took down this Mercenary's health to under 10%, he ran away, and healed back up to 100% in like 5 seconds using just 2 or 3 skills. Kind of ridiculous.

The biggest problem with TOR is that female body type 4 isnt fat enough. The male type 4 is at least 350 lbs.. maybe even 400. The woman bodies dont even come close to that. i want to laugh when my character does an acrobatic move to avoid an explosion.

There was a big thread on the official forums demanding Bioware change female body type 4 to match the male counterpart, or be labeled as sexist. I haven't rolled a female toon to know anything here, so what exactly does female body type 4 do different from the other 3?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Don't provoke him again on that. I don't want to hear it anymore lol.
You know why its bad right? It destroys a class entirely. No need to roll Operative now. Healing or dps roll a different class and youll be in a much better postion (everything except Scoundrel that is).

Tacitus_

Wow, took down this Mercenary's health to under 10%, he ran away, and healed back up to 100% in like 5 seconds using just 2 or 3 skills. Kind of ridiculous.

Had to be a healer. My dps specced merc heals for stupidly small amounts in pvp.

You know why its bad right? It destroys a class entirely. No need to roll Operative now. Healing or dps roll a different class and youll be in a much better postion (everything except Scoundrel that is).

Oh for crying out loud....

You think thats bad, have fun with sages and sorcerers. You'll get them low, they'll pop force speed and take off across the map like sonic. :lol

JWong

Banned

You've convinced me to play a Korean MMO.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Gaf,

I had a question concerning Marauder. I was talking to a friend today and he said it's much better to use the Marauder skill and wait for a dot icon to vanish before moving on to the next skill. IE. am currently doing this Force Charge>Deadly Saber>Battering Assault>Rupture. "working on getting annihilate" So my question is am I playing the class wrong by just going on to the next skill and not waiting for the skill icon to fade or are the DOT's stacking or if am wasting the skill dot's etc.

Thanks

Not sure I understand the question, and I haven't tried annhilation yet, but I'm pretty sure you should be using a skill everytime you can (i.e. every time the GCD is over, you should be using a skill).

TheYanger

Not sure I understand the question, and I haven't tried annhilation yet, but I'm pretty sure you should be using a skill everytime you can (i.e. every time the GCD is over, you should be using a skill).

Yeah, you don't want to reapply that same dot with the icon still there, but in general as any class in the game you should be pressing a button. Don't just 'wait' ever. Absolute worst case scenario, you hit your basic attack (For a marauder it'd be slash or something like that).

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Its funny how Slicing was nerfed because people could get a million credits. Little did we know that a million credits isnt shit. Theres nothing to buy and credits fall from the sky from every and any endeavor you choose to pursue with the exception of Slicing.

Both my characters are bald. :[

Darvan

Well his comments to me was a DOT stays on for a limited amount of time and to get the most use out of the bleed effect it needs to stay on the mob for it duration basically saying when I used the next skill which is a bleed it is over writing the previous bleed skill.

Tacitus_

Its funny how Slicing was nerfed because people could get a million credits. Little did we know that a million credits isnt shit. Theres nothing to buy and credits fall from the sky from every and any endeavor you choose to pursue with the exception of Slicing.

I make 50k every time I get purple medical supplies. Feels good man.

I dunno, I could use a million credits right now, costs 1 and a half for the big car mounts.

I need some more crytals, definetly need some enhancements and mods, haven't got really any of the social clothing, need to buy more upgrades for my ship etc...

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I dunno, I could use a million credits right now, costs 1 and a half for the big car mounts.

I need some more crytals, definetly need some enhancements and mods, haven't got really any of the social clothing, need to buy more upgrades for my ship etc...
If you are 50 do the dailies. Thats what? 300k credits a day?

Top Bottom