• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Does NA Republic GAF need more of a certain class type, or should I just go with what I want? After giving it some thought, I really want to get into ToR, but im still stuck on deciding whether I want to end up as a gunslinger, jedi guardian, or jedi sage.

I haven't really seen any classes we're lacking for or have too much of really. People are pretty all over the place in what they're playing in Republic GAF.

bill0527

Finally got my BH Merc to 50 yesterday and then decided to roll a pub on kellers void. My imp server was ok but I play at odd times and only made about 10 friends who are seldom on anymore.

Which JK is currently considered the weakest right now and needs some love? I think i want to try that one. I'm thinking of going with a sentinel or shadow.

I might want to join the gaf guild if anyone is on around the times I play, which are usually off and on during the day between 9-3 est. if I can play at night it's usually after 9 pm est.

Love playing my Juggernaught in Huttball. Get ball, and when an enemy is standing there by the goal (always is someone doing this) waiting to intercept, just target them and force charge across most of the melee for a quick goal. Usually can skip right past that last flame trap and out of pursuers range... plus it skips past those Ops/Scoundrels that are stealthed by that last flame trap who like to try and stun you on it.

Dont know why so many JK/SW don't do this, so many games of Huttball they will be on the ramp waiting for the flames to go away while they could simply leap/charge past it all into an enemy then into the easy goal. And if you got the talents in for extended stun duration for the charges, it makes it even better

Zafir

Love playing my Juggernaught in Huttball. Get ball, and when an enemy is standing there by the goal (always is someone doing this) waiting to intercept, just target them and force charge across most of the melee for a quick goal. Usually can skip right past that last flame trap and out of pursuers range... plus it skips past those Ops/Scoundrels that are stealthed by that last flame trap who like to try and stun you on it.

Dont know why so many JK/SW don't do this, so many games of Huttball they will be on the ramp waiting for the flames to go away while they could simply leap/charge past it all into an enemy then into the easy goal. And if you got the talents in for extended stun duration for the charges, it makes it even better
Depends where enemys are located. If there is an enemy there, I just charge past it all(I also love using push afterwards and pushing them into the fire, bahaha), same if there's an ally, I intercede. However if there isn't I just go past it normally because you could be dead by the time someone stupidly comes and stands there ready for you to charge.

Intercede + force charge = a very fast Juggernaut ;)

frequency

I dislike Titles and Legacy names for PvP healing.

Often, I'm close to a person but I can't click them because there's a million people around them. I want to specifically select that one person (ball carrier in HB or whatever for example), so I look for their name and click on the raid frame. But when there's like 3-4 long words in a row, it's hard for me to actually find their name.

Tworak

I dislike Titles and Legacy names for PvP healing.

Often, I'm close to a person but I can't click them because there's a million people around them. I want to specifically select that one person (ball carrier in HB or whatever for example), so I look for their name and click on the raid frame. But when there's like 3-4 long words in a row, it's hard for me to actually find their name.
tab -> get closest enemy -> assist -> heal target.

pvp healing, brosephyz.

Varna

Patch notes say they improved performance on the Fleet, wonder if I can actually run around now or if it will still be stutter city

Where are these patch notes?

Not many people on in my server at the moment. Fleet is running fine right now... but I'm going to wait until prime time to see if there is definite improvement. People are reporting better frames everywhere. Awesome if true.

pvp healing, brosephyz.

Is there an option to have the tab button target friendly targets instead of hostiles? That would be great for healing in pvp situations.

I played pure dps classes throughout wow and now that I heal in TOR I have a nasty tab target habit to break.

Zafir

Frame rates are about the same in WZs for me. IF seems a bit improved, but it isn't peak time yet, so I can't tell for sure.

markatisu

Where are these patch notes?

Not many people on in my server at the moment. Fleet is running fine right now... but I'm going to wait until prime time to see if there is definite improvement. People are reporting better frames everywhere. Awesome if true.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

1.1.0b Patch Notes - 1/24/2012

General

Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.

Classes and Combat

Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

Operations

General

Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.

Karagga's Palace

Operations Groups will no longer be forced to reset the Operation if the group wipes when attempting to defeat G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator.
Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."

Tworak

Is there an option to have the tab button target friendly targets instead of hostiles? That would be great for healing in pvp situations.

I played pure dps classes throughout wow and now that I heal in TOR I have a nasty tab target habit to break.
I haven't tested but other MMOs use ctrl+tab I think for fetching friendlies only

usea

By default I think it's ctrl-tab, but you can set it to anything. It's under key bindiings > target > target next friendly

My main quest is bugged. I finished Hoth as a SI, and was told to go to my starport. Instead, I had decided to do some flashpoints and used my fleetpass. Upon re-entry to Hoth later, I triggered the conversation in a starport---but had not completed the 'Go to your starport' part.

Now, the main quest is telling me to 'Talk to Talos'.

I already finished talking with him, and can no longer do so.

Hopefully BioWare is addressing my customer support ticket. The first one I filed they told me that 'they could do nothing futher'.

*sigh....

My main quest is bugged. I finished Hoth as a SI, and was told to go to my starport. Instead, I had decided to do some flashpoints and used my fleetpass. Upon re-entry to Hoth later, I triggered the conversation in a starport---but had not completed the 'Go to your starport' part.

Hopefully BioWare is addressing my customer support ticket. The first one I filed they told me that 'they could do nothing futher'.

*sigh....

Did you try leaving the instance and resetting the quest. Resetting while in the instance does nothing and that sometimes messes things up for some.

zlatko

Banned
Does the flickering touch on the rainbow ass color bug you get sometimes? I know once in a while there will be a ray of light that's either green or yellow for me, and when I made a JK on the starting planet there was almost a step of green yellow and red colors in the sky at an angle.

Jbird34

*sigh....

Did you try resetting your quest?

JWong

Banned
I'm still getting ability "Missfires" since the patch on my Juggernaut. Might be a different thing though. Basically what happens is you use a move, the animation goes off, but no damage is done.

I'm playing my jugger instead of my operative for this reason. Jugger it's not too critical, you might misfire once after retaliation, but when an operative misses a 2.5k+ heal consecutively, you fucked the group.

I wonder if it'll fix this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fc79BNC-zI

Hope it does. I can't play my operative until it's fixed.

That seems to be different. The fix just generally makes the abitlities feel more responsive. Best example being when you summon a mount it appears and you try to move but it cancels out the mount because it really wasn't done. And just the general pressing of ability button and it going off in game just is tighter

Zafir

I'm playing my jugger instead of my operative for this reason. Jugger it's not too critical, you might misfire once after retaliation, but when an operative misses a 2.5k+ heal consecutively, you fucked the group.
I disagree as a tank. It's an absolute nightmare when tanking if you press a skill 3 times in a row and it doesn't do anything other than the animation. It's time wasted, and time is really of the essence when it comes to keeping your threat above well geared DPS.

I'd agree if you are DPS spec though.

JWong

Banned
I disagree as a tank. It's an absolute nightmare when tanking if you press a skill 3 times in a row and it doesn't do anything other than the animation. It's time wasted, and time is really of the essence when it comes to keeping your threat above well geared DPS.

Uh no, operative heals fail consecutively. My jugger fails once every so often after retaliation if I don't set up my attacks correctly. And it doesn't really matter when you have two taunts.

Havok

Ravage has been doing this to me all the time lately. That animation is so long and sometimes I can't interrupt it despite it doing no damage.

Zafir

Uh no, operative heals fail consecutively. My jugger fails once every so often after retaliation if I don't set up my attacks correctly. And it doesn't really matter when you have two taunts.
You must be lucky, I guess. I notice it happen quite frequently in certain fights, though I will admit, some of it is an overlap with the defence animation issue.

frequency

pvp healing, brosephyz.

I'm not usually standing right beside the person I want to heal...
Half the time I'm standing by a pillar or something healing from a distance and being out of LOS of Sniper jerks.
So tab for closest enemy usually isn't the enemy I want.

pvp healing, brosephyz

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Does the flickering touch on the rainbow ass color bug you get sometimes? I know once in a while there will be a ray of light that's either green or yellow for me, and when I made a JK on the starting planet there was almost a step of green yellow and red colors in the sky at an angle.

I don't think so. That bug has been there since launch, the flickering was introduced with 1.1. The green light thing is the worst right outside the Anchorhead spaceport on Tat.

CzarTim

I'm not usually standing right beside the person I want to heal...
Half the time I'm standing by a pillar or something healing from a distance and being out of LOS of Sniper jerks.
So tab for closest enemy usually isn't the enemy I want.

pvp healing, brosephyz
I made the OPS heal bars bigger, and then watch those.

frequency

I made the OPS heal bars bigger, and then watch those.

Me too. The thing is, I'm not always looking to heal the person with the least health or whatever. I'm looking to heal the important players (like the ball carrier). It's not a huge deal, but it is annoying sometimes when their name shows up like
Super Awesome Bobby Junior

I'm a bit slow, so sometimes I'm looking for the wrong name because it's not consistent whether the first word is their name or a title.

Zafir

Me too. The thing is, I'm not always looking to heal the person with the least health or whatever. I'm looking to heal the important players (like the ball carrier). It's not a huge deal, but it is annoying sometimes when their name shows up like

I'm a bit slow, so sometimes I'm looking for the wrong name because it's not consistent whether the first word is their name or a title.
Worst thing is when people are somehow missing from the operation UI in warzones. I've had it happen loads of times.

jersoc

i feel your pain. I wish they would display the ball carriers name along the top of the scoreboard.

Some more pics.

Screenshot_2012-01-23_23_19_52_164250.jpg

Good shot of me running past with my Pink lightsaber, I literally logged in and had an invite waiting for me as I loaded in, shame we went to the wrong boss on Hoth tho :(

A huttball game full of inquisitor classes fucking sucks balls. Nothing but force speed spam. What's worst is when your team stupidly spams CCs whitebaring everyone so I can't get a grapple off any of the speeders. *grumble*

Top Bottom