• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Francois424

Neo Member
I will not start a second alt before having a single character reach 50, I will not start a second alt before having a single character reach 50, I will not start a second alt before having a single character reach 50....

On high population servers, it isn't that bad.

However this is extremly sage advise if you play on a low-pop server.
As the only real credit making (barring levelling progression) begins at 50.
The sugar-daddy Syndrome ;-)

squidyj

How? I think I'm rank 23 or so and I've only gotten enough commendations to open 2 bags. Does it slow down so much that I'll open a ton more between now and 30?

Alternatively: what am I doing wrong? I'm just doing WZs for commendations, converting most of them into mercenary comms, and buying bags for 200/200. I haven't done any dailies at 50 because I still have 2 more planets to do.

ilum and pvp daily give you bags as rewards so you should do them....

I'm leveling my Sniper now and I'm trying to get enough commendations to have 6 bags ready to go when I hit. (1 banked, 1k each commendation) but I know with my luck I will wind up with 18 centurion commendations for my trouble. Gets my rank up too.

Ken

ilum and pvp daily give you bags as rewards so you should do them....

I'm leveling my Sniper now and I'm trying to get enough commendations to have 6 bags ready to go when I hit. (1 banked, 1k each commendation) but I know with my luck I will wind up with 18 centurion commendations for my trouble. Gets my rank up too.

edit: Bad info.

Ken

Nope. They're guaranteed to have commendations in the centurion bags, with a chance to get champion tokens.

No idea about battlemaster

The Champion Bags (Unique) that you get with 300 Merc and Wz comms? I'm pretty sure they always come with one piece of equipment?

erragal

The Champion Bags (Unique) that you get with 300 Merc and Wz comms? I'm pretty sure they always come with one piece of equipment?

Definitely do not. I've opened three of them since hitting 50 and have one Champion relic to show for it. Wish I got something every time!

Teknoman

Darth Baras is pretty intimidating...maybe its just his mask? Either way i'm glad to see that that some of the quest resolutions are kinda open ended (class quest wise anyway). If you decide to kill or save certain people, do they end up popping up later in the story, or are there certain events that only occur depending on those types of results?

Ken

200/200 and if they did my operative would be geared by now.

Really? I guess I've been really lucky since every bag I got from the vendor had a piece of gear in it while every bag I've gotten from the Ilum PVP had only commendations. I thought that's what separated "unique" bags from other bags. My bad.

squidyj

Really? I guess I've been really lucky since every bag I got from the vendor had a piece of gear in it while every bag I've gotten from the Ilum PVP had only commendations. I thought that's what separated "unique" bags from other bags. My bad.

you WHAT?

zlatko

Banned
Blaster Rifle.

If you're looking for a class that stays at range while blasting away enemies with firearms, don't choose a Vanguard.

No it's fine. I was just confused by screenshots because of the few ones I saw it looked like they were holding sniper rifles of some kind, and it made me confused on how they can be a tank with a sniper at close range. :p

What is the sniper classes in the game that are long range hitters by the way?

Tess3ract

Banned
I got geared up in t2 pvp gear in like 2 days, lol. I already had an earpiece, implant, four pc, and offhand.

Since then I've had two relics, one implant, one belt, one hand, and that's it.

Nadia is more geared than some pubbies.

TheYanger

No it's fine. I was just confused by screenshots because of the few ones I saw it looked like they were holding sniper rifles of some kind, and it made me confused on how they can be a tank with a sniper at close range. :p

What is the sniper classes in the game that are long range hitters by the way?

Only snipers use sniper rifles.

Gav47

How do you join a guild? I applied and got accepted to the Europe republic guild during the summer but I can't figure out what to do next?

Alright I've just landed on Nar Shadaa, I now have a healer companion and I'm wondering if I should focus on my healer companion now or stick with Vette? I'm a Sith Marauder level 23. Pretty sure this question has been asked ALOT by now but I have no idea which direction to take.

Zafir

Alright I've just landed on Nar Shadaa, I now have a healer companion and I'm wondering if I should focus on my healer companion now or stick with Vette? I'm a Sith Marauder level 23. Pretty sure this question has been asked ALOT by now but I have no idea which direction to take.
Majority of the marauders I know prefer use Quinn due to there being less downtime. Plus it makes some of the class quests a lot easier if you have an healer.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Darth Baras is pretty intimidating...maybe its just his mask? Either way i'm glad to see that that some of the quest resolutions are kinda open ended (class quest wise anyway). If you decide to kill or save certain people, do they end up popping up later in the story, or are there certain events that only occur depending on those types of results?

Characters may or may not appear later in your story depending on the decisions you make.

Varna

Personally going down the Annihilation tree down time really isn't an issue for me. I much prefer to have Vette (and later another DPS companion) to just help me wreck through the trash so much faster. I'm on Taris... difficulty has had it's up and downs but right now I'm just breezing through.

Sigfodr

So, I've neglected flashpoints since I heard after the first one, they are kind of lame for a while. Would anyone be willing to offer an opinion on Taral V? Was it fun? Would anyone be able to ball park how long it would take if a group took their time with it? If i do it, I want to make sure I won't have any interruptions.

Also, I guess I am proud to say I joined GAF to post in the TOR threads, and I lost my junior tag almost exclusively in TOR threads.

So, I've neglected flashpoints since I heard after the first one, they are kind of lame for a while. Would anyone be willing to offer an opinion on Taral V? Was it fun? Would anyone be able to ball park how long it would take if a group took their time with it? If i do it, I want to make sure I won't have any interruptions.

Also, I guess I am proud to say I joined GAF to post in the TOR threads, and I lost my junior tag almost exclusively in TOR threads.

The first couple flahpoints after each factions first ones are real simple and generally short. The later flash points get much better

hamchan

As a Juggernaut I used Vette as DPS while I tanked. I don't know how Marauder works but do you want a hot, cute Twilek with you or the boring asshole called Quinn?

gatti-man

I joined gaf to talk about ff14 but by the time i actually got in ff14 had turned out to be crap and this is my biggest hang out as well.

Edit: whatever you do dont miss boarding pass and foundry.

Personally going down the Annihilation tree down time really isn't an issue for me. I much prefer to have Vette (and later another DPS companion) to just help me wreck through the trash so much faster. I'm on Taris... difficulty has had it's up and downs but right now I'm just breezing through.

I think I'm rolling with the Carnage skill tree I think..it's the middle one. I've heard a few people say that Annihilation is kind of OP.

As a Juggernaut I used Vette as DPS while I tanked. I don't know how Marauder works but do you want a hot, cute Twilek with you or the boring asshole called Quinn?
I needs heals!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Speaking of flashpoints...
Are Hammer Station-17 and Athiss-21 the next two after The Black Talon?

How do you do Hammer Station? I just finished Dromund Kaas at 18 and went to Balmorra.

Varna

I think I'm rolling with the Carnage skill tree I think..it's the middle one. I've heard a few people say that Annihilation is kind of OP.

Not really sure what makes it OP. The other trees could stand to see some kind of boost though.

I'm starting to see less and less of my kind and I'm not really sure why. Marauder has grown into a fantastic class (level 40). Definitely feel like I contribute well to the damage portion and the extra bits of healing help out. Being able to have two different stun moves is so useful and in duels I have yet to find someone who could defeat me (three different stun moves is so useful).

Speaking of flashpoints...
Are Hammer Station-17 and Athiss-21 the next two after The Black Talon?

How do you do Hammer Station? I just finished Dromund Kaas at 18 and went to Balmorra.

Imperial Fleet... you can just head over to the FP room or check around the vendors. There are droids that give you the missions too.

bjb

Banned

Shouldn't matter till end-game, but in the future definitely gear up Quinn. Also the end of the class quest might prove difficult without decent gear for you and your healer.

While you can do most of the non heroic dailies without Quinn (especially as Biochem), there will be quite a bit of downtime.

Likewise most Heroic groups will want at least someone to have a decently geared healing-companion. Unless of course someone can heal.

Heysoos

Just a heads up, if you have a Mobile Security Key, and you decide to disable it(you have to call to disable it first, don't just uninstall.) You won't be able to set one up until Bioware fixes some bug they have going on. If you disable your mobile security key, then re-install it again, your account gets locked out. Was about to install a ROM on my phone, but it required me to wipe, but I guess I'm stuck until Bioware decides to fix this, or if I want to shell out some money for the physical security key.

So, do people roll on loot for their companions in flashpoints?

In my experience, at least during Hard Mode FPs, people will only roll Need on purple items they themselves can actually use, and roll greed for the rest of the items. We usually ask people to tell us if they're going to Need for their companions before they actually roll, just for common courtesy. Rolling need after everyone rolls greed, just for your companion without prior notice, can be a little rude just because another person in the group could have used it for their companion too and they lost their chance to do so, because you usually go in with the understanding that unless you can actually use the item it's usually a greed roll for everything else. Telling us you're probably going to Need an item for your companion if such item comes up, gives everyone that could also use it for their companion a fair shot, especially with purple items. If that makes any sense.

Teknoman

Think they'll ever be able to improve the performance with shadows on high (doesnt seem like it should be as much of a killer in certain areas as it is) in the future? Outside is just fine, but certain areas inside drop a decent amount.

Been lots of disconnects and stuff today for me and a few others too. Dunno what's up, it's usually a lot more stable.

After doing a power cycle, i've been pretty stable...but after seeing the forums/dev responses, its probably still something on their side.

Any, finally about to leave Korriban, but I might hang around and try to search for more datacron.

Top Bottom