• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Teknoman

For some reason I can't take screen shots during scenes anymore. Used to be able to but that stopped working a couple patches ago I believe. Sucks.

You mean conversational scenes?

Works fine for me if thats the case:

jPSjo1TGT4fJp.jpg

Francois424

Neo Member
So what the hell does the emergency exit on my ship do? I'm afraid to try it.

It tells you that you can't use it right now.

You know that you can have other people in your ship right ?

They can visit, but cannot touch/activate anything.
If you go do a space battle, they are "Stuck" and cannot use the usual exit door.
So you use the escape hatch instead to get out =)

I had to do that once, as I coudnt use the navigation computer to plot a course back to Coruscant...

CAW

Strange bug I'm experiencing on my Sith Marauder (I'm leveling 2 agents, an assassin, a BH and a marauder btw lol).

Level 21, end of Balmorra Sith Warrior class quest so I'm going to spoiler tag it.

I'm doing 'To Kill a Legend'. "You must intercept Jedi Knight Mashallon in the Imperial spaceport in Sobrick before she can escape." I run to the elevator, run through the green portal and click the button to go down to the hanger where the quest is. As soon as the elevator reaches the bottom, I die.

Resurrected at the droid outside of Sobrik (was the only option available), run back, go down the elevator, died again - wtf??

Anyone else experience this issue?

edit: logged out and back in fixed it - what an odd bug though.

How is female IA VA?
She's awesome. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943557/

She was the female Hawke in DA2 if you played it.

Francois424

Neo Member
The more I play, the more things start to frustrate me. =/

I'm curious, what exactly do you find frustrating ?

[Edit]
Personally, the major annoyances are more about the useless walks from and to my ship, and the GTN interface.
- I would like if they ever create somethinglike a "Board Pass", or unlimited quick-travels to the ship, perfect for logging-off into a rest zone.
- GTN is getting an update eventually (or so the forums keep saying).
- Bugged ressource nodes are bound to get fix'd eventually (and is already better than release version).
- I hate the fact they killed Slicing in the Ilum fix, even more than it's pathetic post-nerf state, rendering it completely useless now (except for missions Recipes), but this isnt something that will keep frustrating me forever

frequency

I became increasingly bothered by little things here and there during my play time as well.

Stuff like how camera zoom isn't remembered. So whenever you die in a WZ, you're back to default zoom and have to scroll back out. EVERY TIME.
Or how the camera collision is terrible and when it zooms in because it got caught on something, it zooms back out in super slow motion every time.
Or how the game freezes for a couple seconds coming out of a WZ so it seems to take longer to load.
Or how you have to wait a half second after you mount before you can move because animation is more important than responsiveness.
Or how my instant attacks aren't instant because animation takes priority.
Or how each zone gets split up whenever too many people are in it so you're always in small group of people.
Or how they use the stupid Mass Effect dialog wheel and I'm left playing a guessing game because half the time my character doesn't say what I want her to say, or says it in a different tone than I inteded.
Or how targeting is terrible and stupid long titles and legacy names and inconsistencies on whether the title is a prefix or suffix make it hard to pick out their name in the ops frames.
Or how the buffs and debuffs are super tiny icons in the ops frames.
Or how the UI overlaps with other parts of the UI.
Or how the UI is terrible and requires you put skills on the left and right for some stupid reason.
Or how there's loading screens FOR NO REASON. Like at the later planets you have to load off your ship, run a few feet, load off the orbital station. That's 100% more loading than required. Earlier planets just have a damn spaceport and I don't need to load out of that.
Or how the environments are often just mazes that require you to continually open your map to see which turn to take or where your hangar is.
Or how I can't turn off my companions stupid hat so he looks ridiculous.
Or how my own hair clips into my head when I move.
Or how every race has the exact same models so everyone looks the same, especially in helmets/hats.
Or how...

Teknoman

I'm annoyed at how the game runs like shit.

Just turn shadows on low. The game still looks great due to the art style...but still looks so much better with shadows on high. I guess since damn near everything casts a shadow, thats whats eating performance? Is it something they could possibly optimize in the near future?

Anyway, screenshotting during scenes seems to work on and off...thought I had some good shots from the group conversations during my first Flashpoint (Black Talon)...but none saved except a few random shots I took. Was still fun though, and the group conversation mechanic is really nice. You never know whats going to happen.

Swag

Is there a way to tweak settings outside of the client, such as Draw Distance / Set AA values / and some other things?

I'm having really bad pop-in and I'd like to see if I can remedy it somehow.

Zafir

Just turn shadows on low. The game still looks great due to the art style...but still looks so much better with shadows on high. I guess since damn near everything casts a shadow, thats whats eating performance? Is it something they could possibly optimize in the near future?

Anyway, screenshotting during scenes seems to work on and off...thought I had some good shots from the group conversations during my first Flashpoint (Black Talon)...but none saved except a few random shots I took. Was still fun though, and the group conversation mechanic is really nice. You never know whats going to happen.
Even without shadows it runs like crap if there's a lot of players. Especially noticeable in IF, Warzones and Ilum. Changing the settings to low does nothing, and it's barely using any of my CPU or GPU during the times when it chugs.

Scarecrow

I know this is kinda petty, but when can my bounty hunter get a keen helmet? I'm about to hit level 20, and I want to get my Boba Fett on.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm curious, what exactly do you find frustrating ?

[Edit]
Personally, the major annoyances are more about the useless walks from and to my ship, and the GTN interface.
- I would like if they ever create somethinglike a "Board Pass", or unlimited quick-travels to the ship, perfect for logging-off into a rest zone.
- GTN is getting an update eventually (or so the forums keep saying).
- Bugged ressource nodes are bound to get fix'd eventually (and is already better than release version).
- I hate the fact they killed Slicing in the Ilum fix, even more than it's pathetic post-nerf state, rendering it completely useless now (except for missions Recipes), but this isnt something that will keep frustrating me forever

Eh, probably my own personal frustrations here but... w/e.

Spent time leveling Jedi Guardian to level 50. Feels like the class has problems from talent trees to the way it feels to play. It feels disjointed. It's tough to put my finger on it. Quite underwpoered in both tanking and DPS compared to other classes who fill the same niches.

Why is there not a PVP panel on each planet's main faction hub so you can pick up dailies/weeklys without flying to the fleet and flying back? Pain in the ass.

Trying to play a Gunslinger. Why is the most squishy class the least mobile? What? aka Ditch cover completely. The delay between cover > abilities is annoying and just require the Gunslinger/Sniper to stop moving in order to fire off abilities/shots that would have required cover. Also, in PVP, snares completely prohibit you from putting down cover? WTF is this mess?

CCs in general when it comes to PVP. They make me sick in any MMO.

I think worst of all, I just can't find a class that feels fun and right to me. Something I'm happy to log on and play. I've tried Guardian, Gunslinger and Shadow. Now its getting to the point where revisiting the same planets again is a complete chore that I wish to avoid. I haven't seriously tried Trooper, but I think its too late for that. I could try Empire, but I doubt it would change much since the classes are mirrored.

I'm also just bummed that Guardians feel mishandled and generally poor.

CAW

One of the small things that bugs me is when you're in combat and one of your companions missions ends and that window pops up! I wish it would just go to pending when you're in combat.

Sokantish

There is one on Voss for 1.5 mil that looks just like that except like Boba Fett colors, and then the VIP club one is 1.5 mil but you can buy the VIP bracelet for 1 mil so normal people can get that one too

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I see that there's a CE vendor and a VIP vendor.

So... http://buy.swtor.com/us/ mentions nothing about the DDE getting access to the VIP vendor and I feel screwed.

I didn't care about the check marked features...

Paying 1 million or so for a bracelet is very excessive.

zlatko

Banned
So, I may get flamed for this, but after playing SWTOR, I could definitely be up for a Mass Effect MMO. :p I want to play as a Gecht. Or maybe SWTOR first expansion can add Droid race and Jawas. :D

Alex

I get 40-60 (vsync) on planets and 25-40 on the fleet, myself. It teeters a lot so I've been considering doing that Nvidia 30 FPS cap just to be done with it.

My specs for the sake of it are:

i5 750 @ 4.2 ghz
Geforce GTX 460 1GB
8GB ram

Doesn't seem to touch my CPU that much, but man this game eats my GPU alive. I def need to upgrade that down the line for 1080p stuff even if I'm not too picky about tech.

Sokantish

So, I may get flamed for this, but after playing SWTOR, I could definitely be up for a Mass Effect MMO. :p I want to play as a Gecht. Or maybe SWTOR first expansion can add Droid race and Jawas. :D

I felt that way at first too, but I dunno man... I don't think I want Bioware Austin to ruin Mass Effect

One of the small things that bugs me is when you're in combat and one of your companions missions ends and that window pops up! I wish it would just go to pending when you're in combat.

I almost wiped my group in a flashpoint. Popped up over my group icons while healing on my Merc.

Top Bottom