• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

I hope they let you move item set bonuses around and fully mod epic gear from mod tables exclusively. As of now there is no point to them.

Yea probably has to do with the moving of set bonuses and such that they said they were going to put in, and the modding of epics. Did also think it was strange when they added some new tables in the game recently.

So, I've neglected flashpoints since I heard after the first one, they are kind of lame for a while. Would anyone be willing to offer an opinion on Taral V? Was it fun? Would anyone be able to ball park how long it would take if a group took their time with it? If i do it, I want to make sure I won't have any interruptions.

Also, I guess I am proud to say I joined GAF to post in the TOR threads, and I lost my junior tag almost exclusively in TOR threads.

If you want some kickback (plotwise) to KOTOR 1 and 2 definitely do Taral V and Maelstrom Prison when you get the chance. They are very heavily connected to both games and what happens in between.

erragal

The first couple flahpoints after each factions first ones are real simple and generally short. The later flash points get much better

Directive 7 is awesome and really well tuned now that Bulwark isn't doing HM damage.

As a Juggernaut I used Vette as DPS while I tanked. I don't know how Marauder works but do you want a hot, cute Twilek with you or the boring asshole called Quinn?

Quinn actually has the most depth of all the warrior companions. Don't sell him short. I find Vette to be the generic bioware flavor tsundere; I still won't take her shock collar off on my warrior.

Quinn's DPS while healing isn't far off Vette's because she's a tank companion. If you really want DPS you'll just use your third companion anyhow; she's a lot more fun to walk around with than either of them but has less character development than Quinn.

Even geared, questing with Quinn takes forever, his dps is mediocre and the healing just slows his damage dealing down. Vette makes leveling and going through the trash mobs so much faster. Jaesa Williams does about same damage as Vette but her light armor just makes her much more fragile than Vette. Still find Vette to be the best companion for a tank build Jug

hamchan

Jaesa isn't as good as Vette. She might be at the start because she comes with decent gear but Vette should win out with equal gear. Vette allows kiting opportunities since she's ranged while Jaesa has to go up close with you. That leaves her open to extra damage from those enemies that use aoe attacks, a problem Vette doesn't have.

Jaesa isn't as good as Vette. She might be at the start because she comes with decent gear but Vette should win out with equal gear. Vette allows kiting opportunities since she's ranged while Jaesa has to go up close with you. That leaves her open to extra damage from those enemies that use aoe attacks, a problem Vette doesn't have.

Yea I gear them both up, and Vette just is overall more survivable. Being ranged and having medium armor makes her tougher, while with Jaesa I'm constantly having to recoup after fighting mobs just for her, and she gets knocked out more than Vette ever has.

So in an effort to get more crit and surge on my lvl 45 shadow, I've been buying purple armor pieces and extracting the mods and enhancments and putting them on my other armor. Expensive as hell but now my critical chance is at 29% and surge at 80 before a relic pop. Dealing lots of damage now.

erragal

Is there some mathematical reason Vette's dps is better? They both have a full compliment of DPS abilities. The melee DPS companions have the better scaling offensive passives as well; both the dot or armor pen give ways to negate high armor values and really boost their damage.

Vette may better in terms of AOE dps so maybe that's what you're getting at? Now I want to equally gear both of them and see if that aoe + dot actually wins out over the aoe mode on Vette.

Yea I gear them both up, and Vette just is overall more survivable. Being ranged and having medium armor makes her tougher, while with Jaesa I'm constantly having to recoup after fighting mobs just for her, and she gets knocked out more than Vette ever has.

Really? Everything I can actually solo still at 50 (Basically Ilum dailies) I find Jaesa never takes any damage at all. None of the enemies really do aoe there and I tank everything. Could be a very different story if you're actually trying to level with them, I don't have as much experience in that regard.

Is there some mathematical reason Vette's dps is better? They both have a full compliment of DPS abilities. The melee DPS companions have the better scaling offensive passives as well; both the dot or armor pen give ways to negate high armor values and really boost their damage.

Vette may better in terms of AOE dps so maybe that's what you're getting at? Now I want to equally gear both of them and see if that aoe + dot actually wins out over the aoe mode on Vette.

There was a thread in the official forum comparing the two while back going over the damage. They really do about the same damage roughly so it's pretty much up to personal pref. Killing of mobs speed is not much different either.

Again my personal liking of Vette is that shes just tougher and can survive more encounters than Jaesa who has light armor and no real defensive abilities. As a tank you are also usually going to have enemies concentrating on you, where Vettes AOE abilities are much more helpful at speeding up the killing.

Jaesa shines best for single enemy encounters like a boss or so where her penetration abilities and damage is more target focused and can really stack with your sunders for greater damage. Vette though is better to me for general world questing, and Jaesa for those single individual take downs.

erragal

There was a thread in the official forum comparing the two while back going over the damage. They really do about the same damage roughly so it's pretty much up to personal pref. Killing of mobs speed is not much different either.

Again my personal liking of Vette is that shes just tougher and can survive more encounters than Jaesa who has light armor and no real defensive abilities. As a tank you are also usually going to have enemies concentrating on you, where Vettes AOE abilities are much more helpful at speeding up the killing.

Jaesa shines best for single enemy encounters like a boss or so where her penetration abilities and damage is more target focused and can really stack with your sunders for greater damage. Vette though is better to me for general world questing, and Jaesa for those single individual take downs.

That goes in line with my experiences/analysis. And I understand liking Vette more for survivability; all my actual leveling was with a co-op partner so half the time I didn't even have a companion at all and when I did it was Quinn so we could 2-man all the heroic missions.

Now if only they can teach Quinn to move once the fight starts. Half of my PVE deaths are from me getting out of his healing range and forgetting to reset him to passive/move back in.

CAW

Does anyone know, if like with Blizzard and WoW, if you can cancel your subscription but still play with remaining time?

For example: If I just added a 30 day subscription. Can I cancel and remove my card from the site now but still play for that 30 days?

Just wondering because I used my CC for by brothers account but I'd feel better if my card info didn't sit on his account. Not that I don't trust him and he does have a security key feature, it's just a peace of mind thing I guess.

markatisu

Does anyone know, if like with Blizzard and WoW, if you can cancel your subscription but still play with remaining time?

For example: If I just added a 30 day subscription. Can I cancel and remove my card from the site now but still play for that 30 days?

Just wondering because I used my CC for by brothers account but I'd feel better if my card info didn't sit on his account. Not that I don't trust him and he does have a security key feature, it's just a peace of mind thing I guess.

Yes if you cancel you will just be able to play out the remaining time, it just wont renew at the end of that. And if you don't want to cancel as long as you keep adding time cards I think you can remove your CC and never have to put it back in

SupaNaab

Yes you can cancel and play with your remaining time. I attached my CC in for my first 30 days and then cancelled it on the last 5 or so. I was still able to play for my full 30 days. I resubbed when it ended and got my Founders titles too.

Zafir

I only used Jaesa because I got sick of Vette constantly disagreeing with my choices. Even not taking into account damage, the fact Vette is ranged counts for a lot. A lot of mobs have equivalents of sweeping slash or other aoe which could affect melee, and she isn't smart enough to move out of them.

FLEABttn

Banned
12.1 for ATI drivers came out the other day. Anyone give it a try to see if there's any sort of noticeable performance?

I haven't tried the release 12.1's yet, but I found that the beta 12.1's actually increased graphical lag and hitching in populated areas. I can give it another try tonight with the release version, but I'm not hopeful.

5870 here.

--//--

I really don't like the level 50 dailies in this game. They take too long, like two, two and a half hours to complete. And they're not even set up in a way that I find benefits the concept of a daily quest. Firelands dailies were done in a small area that opened up over time to go after a specific goal. Ilum and Belsavis dailies feel like just normal questing, over and over and over again.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No, they took that out so people wouldn't horde all the low level currency
I guess I should go back and spend my Dromund Kaas currency?

As for the planet I'm currently on, Balmorra, I'm not sure what I should pick between on quest rewards. Currency, green gear, or the thing that has random gear or something. Most of the time the green gear is an upgrade.

I guess I should go back and spend my Dromund Kaas currency?

As for the planet I'm currently on, Balmorra, I'm not sure what I should pick between on quest rewards. Currency, green gear, or the thing that has random gear or something. Most of the time the green gear is an upgrade.

Always check out the vendors when you get to a planet first to see if there is stuff you want, then you will know if it's worth it to pick the commendations, or basically how many you need before you can pick other rewards

was wondering. how are the acts balanced out in terms of quests per act?

It does seem act 1 was pretty long... or that there are a lot more planet quests vs class quests later on.

was wondering. how are the acts balanced out in terms of quests per act?

It does seem act 1 was pretty long... or that there are a lot more planet quests vs class quests later on.

The first act is much longer than the other 2 in game time length. People try to compare the acts to parts of a trilogy but they really don't set up like that at all.

CAW

Paused my medicine operative at 35 and decided to try a sniper. I went female this time and I'm glad I did. She has this whole chiss imperial agent sexyness to her. Deadly, and sexy assassin vibe. Loving it:

WstDF.png

jVxKf.png

(can't wait for AA to work properly with my 6950...)

Like the trend of copying the OT films reuse of WWII gear for the Imperials, with them having those WWII era mag bandoliers on the Imperial uniforms in game heh.

Teknoman

lol Fem-shep.

EDIT: Wow those first two heroics quests flew by pretty fast. Going to end up spending all my credits on crew missions.

CAW

For some reason I can't take screen shots during scenes anymore. Used to be able to but that stopped working a couple patches ago I believe. Sucks.

Top Bottom