• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Alex

I want to see them take a stab at a single player or just mere co-op title sometime rather than another MMO, they had some good staff on this one. Heck, the games lead was the lead from Baldur's Gate 2.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
1million isn't really THAT much plus there really isn't anything to spend credits on at 50
1 million bop bracelet per faction and per character depending upon how many I want is more than $20 dollars worth of time investment.

Their feature breakdown wasn't correct.

not a complete fix, but get rid of that stupid airlock on space stations. Why do I have to load into a giant airlock, just to walk across it to get to the station. Just remove it from all stations for a quick speed up to travel. Removing stations isn't going to be as easy yet since many have story/quest elements in them.

Francois424

Neo Member
not a complete fix, but get rid of that stupid airlock on space stations. Why do I have to load into a giant airlock, just to walk across it to get to the station. Just remove it from all stations for a quick speed up to travel. Removing stations isn't going to be as easy yet since many have story/quest elements in them.

Or you could just stop there "IF" you have some story/quest stuff to do in them
At least, it would make sense imho.

Tess3ract

Banned
Yeah it looked different, thought each faction had a different version or something.

Anyways, so is the 1.5 million credit speeder CE only?
CE and DDE can get it, everyone else has to pay 2.5m for the bracelet and the mount together.

CE vendor only has some random social gear.

Also rockin a rakata 2pc, 2pc of columi, and 1 tionese now :D

nataku

This. There is no reason, at all, to stop at a station if you don't have a class quest there.

I haven't logged in for about 3 days now after getting my Smuggler to 50 and finishing his story and I don't miss the game at all.

Valnen

epicfko54.png

I never want to change. I just love this look too much.

FLEABttn

Banned
I haven't tried the release 12.1's yet, but I found that the beta 12.1's actually increased graphical lag and hitching in populated areas. I can give it another try tonight with the release version, but I'm not hopeful.

So the problems I was having with the beta release are gone, but there is no performance boost. None.

CAW

I never want to change. I just love this look too much.

Oh, nice! What robe and what level? Been wanting a hooded robe for my Marauder. He's currently level 21.

Companion question for Sith Warrior players (level 30, end of Act 1 stuff):

Is there anyway someone can give me a hint how to get Jaesa Willsaam dark side without giving away any spoilers? My brother did her class story and finished act 1 and he said he was hoping to get her dark side but he apparently got her light side and he doesn't know what he did wrong and I didn't ask about it because I didn't want him to give away more than I already know.

Anyway, I'm level 21 at the moment and figured now would be a good time to find out but I don't want to google it because it's probably not spoiler free.

I'm hoping it's obvious - maybe just be evil?

usea

300 blue earpieces reverse engineered without a single purple. It really just feels like I'm flushing money away with no hope of earning any back. I got a champion earpice too, which is probably better than any I can craft. Sigh..

hamchan

Oh, nice! What robe and what level? Been wanting a hooded robe for my Marauder. He's currently level 21.

Companion question for Sith Warrior players (level 30, end of Act 1 stuff):

Is there anyway someone can give me a hint how to get Jaesa Willsaam dark side without giving away any spoilers? My brother did her class story and finished act 1 and he said he was hoping to get her dark side but he apparently got her light side and he doesn't know what he did wrong and I didn't ask about it because I didn't want him to give away more than I already know.

Anyway, I'm level 21 at the moment and figured now would be a good time to find out but I don't want to google it because it's probably not spoiler free.

I'm hoping it's obvious - maybe just be evil?

Yes it's that easy. Pick the evil options when the recruiting starts.

CAW

Ah, cool, thanks for the info. Being evil won't be a problem for my marauder. He's already only 700 DS points away from Dark 3. ;)

Been ignoring relic and implant slots. Where should I get them from at level 20 and beyond.
I got a ton of them from treasure hunting. They're quite common on my server though so they don't sell very well. I have almost an entire bank bay full of them. Sadly 90% of them are light side and I need dark side ones but they seem to be much more rare.

Valnen

I got it while questing on Taris, pretty far in. Was 37 at the time of completing the quest I believe (I'm 38 now).

It was worse than the chest I was already using stat wise but I still tear through stuff so I don't really care.

Other hooded robe options around this level include the synthweaving stuff (39) and PvP armor (40). The PvP armor is orange gear so I plan on getting that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ah, cool, thanks for the info. Being evil won't be a problem for my marauder. He's already only 700 DS points away from Dark 3. ;)

I got a ton of them from treasure hunting. They're quite common on my server though so they don't sell very well. I have almost an entire bank bay full of them. Sadly 90% of them are light side and I need dark side ones but they seem to be much more rare.

Looks like the alignment vendors have relics at good prices, but why am I not seeing high level gear from them?

Is it all out in the world?

Havok

Supremely disappointed that so many of the (awful) space missions are just repeats of earlier ones except oh no! now the enemies have shields and rip your shit apart!

If I have to spend one more minute in this goddamn minefield...

Been ignoring relic and implant slots. Where should I get them from at level 20 and beyond.
If you've been gathering datacrons and matrix shards along the way, I recommend making a Matrix Cube in the Ancient Assembler on Dromund Kaas/Coruscant for one of your relic slots provided you have the color combination appropriate for your class.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Supremely disappointed that so many of the (awful) space missions are just repeats of earlier ones except oh no! now the enemies have shields and rip your shit apart!

If I have to spend one more minute in this goddamn minefield...

If you've been gathering datacrons and matrix shards along the way, I recommend making a Matrix Cube in the Ancient Assembler on Dromund Kaas/Coruscant for one of your relic slots provided you have the color combination appropriate for your class.

Haven't got any. But the three planets I've been on have the color combination for my class so I guess I could go back and collect them.

So does this 8,000 or so disassembler give you the shards back?

Arment

Dang. I'm level 20 and did the first 3 missions and loved them. Going to be highly disappointed it seems.

I had some buyers remorse but I'm starting to get into the game. Not a huge fan of Marauder so far. I've always found Warriors in WoW unappealing because of rage and its no different here. One of my small complaints is the animation of Vicious Slash, when you're chaining them together it looks so clunky.

Cystm

wAc8q.jpg

I wish I went healer. . .

50 v 50 bracket is starting to get really good now that gear is normalizing. Lot of 30 to 10 games in Alderaan, and closer games in general. Fun stuff.

Everything being independently zoned is starting to grind on me. Really hard to find and form a group using in-game chat. OK sure its a Friday morning, but there are only 40 people in Imperial Fleet...

Tacitus_

Everything being independently zoned is starting to grind on me. Really hard to find and form a group using in-game chat. OK sure its a Friday morning, but there are only 40 people in Imperial Fleet...

Uhh, friday morning is the reason you're not getting a group. My server has 150-250 on fleet every evening and I still wouldn't be able to get a group on a workday morning.

LowParry

Looks like Rakata MH/OH are getting fixed in a upcoming patch (not 1.1.1). Current items that people have will get upgrade to their proper mods.

Kinan

So, EU GAF, how is the population situation on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd? Thinking about creating republic chars there with a friend. Worth it?

Tess3ract

Banned
Not worth it until you hit 50.

I fucking guarantee he cheated via Noble Sacrifice or whatever the sith version is called

Not really anything to do with zones, but lack of global lfg chat channel

Miletius

Not really anything to do with zones, but lack of global lfg chat channel

If you look on the official server forums some enterprising servers have been creating their own global lfg channels. Maybe you guys should suggest one for KV, or whatever server you happen to be on -- or maybe somebody already has.

I'd join the global lfg on my imp, but I haven't been playing much lately, big week with State of the Union and the debates been taking my attention.

Yea true. They should just do it like elevators and getting on shuttles where the pop up lets you choose where to go. When you click the ship exit, it should give you the choice of station, or planet.

nataku

If you look on the official server forums some enterprising servers have been creating their own global lfg channels. Maybe you guys should suggest one for KV, or whatever server you happen to be on -- or maybe somebody already has.

I'd join the global lfg on my imp, but I haven't been playing much lately, big week with State of the Union and the debates been taking my attention.

Those never work. Only a small portion of the players even read the official forums, so you'll just end up having to spam two channels instead of one to make sure everyone sees you're LFG.

There's no reason Bioware can't just throw a global official LFG channel in one of the upcoming patches and let people know about it via an in game message or something. Send out a mass mail about it or something to make sure everyone sees it.

Cystm

Not worth it until you hit 50.

I fucking guarantee he cheated via Noble Sacrifice or whatever the sith version is called

No, he was actually just on top of his shit. He kept up with our premade, and just played well. He juked interrupts, and los'd when necessary, and anytime they focused him we were ready with CC and FF of our own. He probably used Consumption a lot, but not for the reason you are thinking, but because he was actually running out of mana healing our asses.

Lately we have been running into groups with four healers. . . Such a pain in the ass. Particularly in Voidstar.

Tess3ract

Banned
I refuse to believe it, because even when I was in a game with zero deaths and constantly healing my team, barely letting anyone die I only got about 450k

usea

I refuse to believe it, because even when I was in a game with zero deaths and constantly healing my team, barely letting anyone die I only got about 450k
I agree. 700k+ is absurdly high. I've never even seen anybody get 400k, and above 300k is pretty rare. There is something more to the story than just "was on top of his/her game."

Zafir

No, he was actually just on top of his shit. He kept up with our premade, and just played well. He juked interrupts, and los'd when necessary, and anytime they focused him we were ready with CC and FF of our own. He probably used Consumption a lot, but not for the reason you are thinking, but because he was actually running out of mana healing our asses.

Lately we have been running into groups with four healers. . . Such a pain in the ass. Particularly in Voidstar.
Yeah, it's the same on my server. Empire side seems to barely have any healers, but the republic often have half a teams worth.

I don't wish I was an healer though, medals are pathetic. Medal system in general isn't great. DPS specced tank classes can use guard in the first few mins for the 2k, 15k and 10k protection, and then just go back to damaging for the rest of the game for all those medals. I suppose it's the same for DPS specced healing classes too.

I agree. 700k+ is absurdly high. I've never even seen anybody get 400k, and above 300k is pretty rare. There is something more to the story than just "was on top of his/her game."
Max the healer I usually play with gets is about 500k or 550k and thats if I'm constantly protecting him, and it's voidstar.

frequency

Probably healed normally in combat, but when nothing was happening, do the Noble Sacrifice thing to pad the numbers.

I see other healers do that a lot.

Big numbers beyond 550k doesn't really get you anything anyway. No more healing medals. And most people seem to just MVP the guy at the top of the list, not the healer, who is sitting at the bottom with 4 medals and is often not even attributed points for objectives.

CAW

Looks like the alignment vendors have relics at good prices, but why am I not seeing high level gear from them?

I'm not sure. Perhaps you have the 'usable' option selected, which would then only show what you can use?

Anyway, back to treasure hunting. This morning in under an hour I got 4 relics of focused onslaught (http://www.torhead.com/item/hwjLDl6/relic-of-focused-onslaught). It seems any rich and bountiful missions have a very high chance at rewarding these relics.

R6Kti.png

My level 35 Assassin who also has treasure hunting. Too bad we're on different servers. I have plenty of relics to hand out. :p

QcwuC.jpg

Hari Seldon

So how does PvP gear work? I read some stuff where you need 800 warzone tokens to trade in for a bag. But I can't find the vendor to actually convert the warzone to the other tokens I need. This shit seems needlessly complicated. Or did they change it in a patch already, what I was reading was from december.

300 blue earpieces reverse engineered without a single purple. It really just feels like I'm flushing money away with no hope of earning any back. I got a champion earpice too, which is probably better than any I can craft. Sigh..

Which earpiece? I get purples all the time from RE, is it possible tge one youre REing doesnt have a purple?

SleazyC

Yea.... look at how many pvp medals he got. I usually end up spending half my time in a warzone working through the easy damage medals just so I break 70 or so commendations.

Hope they get more healing + objective-based pvp medals in the game soonish.

Which earpiece? I get purples all the time from RE, is it possible tge one youre REing doesnt have a purple?
I'm at about 350 RE's. I have 3 epic pops all of which I don't want. I've also got about 15 'You already know this schematic messages'

Why you can pop an already known pattern is an incredibly stupid game design.

Sokantish

So how does PvP gear work? I read some stuff where you need 800 warzone tokens to trade in for a bag. But I can't find the vendor to actually convert the warzone to the other tokens I need. This shit seems needlessly complicated. Or did they change it in a patch already, what I was reading was from december.

There's a PVP vendor right next to where you hand in the quest or in each warzone there's a NPC that sells Mercenary commendations.

moop1167

Does Alderaan run shitty for anyone else? I have dual 580 GTX's and I am getting 30-40 fps slowdowns when looking at certain areas... makes no sense.

Top Bottom