• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Hari Seldon

There's a PVP vendor right next to where you hand in the quest or in each warzone there's a NPC that sells Mercenary commendations.

Ok, so basically what I should be doing is trading the warzone tokens for the merc tokens, then buying some bag that will contain tokens which I then take to the gear merchants?

CAW

I had the rarest thing happen to me in the game last night. I buffed another player and they buffed me back. I almost logged out at that point due to amazement.

frequency

I had the rarest thing happen to me in the game last night. I buffed another player and they buffed me back. I almost logged out at that point due to amazement.

I always buff people who buff me... If I notice it.

Thing is, there are many factors that play to it being not-very-noticeable if you're actually doing something. I feel bad every time I look and notice I had a new buff but no one is anywhere near me. I know I missed that person :(

CAW

Me too, I'm the same. Always buff others, and especially others that buff me and feel bad if I was AFK and got buffed.

Why you can pop an already known pattern is an incredibly stupid game design.

Wow thats awful, you should actually file a /bug against that, it doesnt sound like intended behavior

Whats steange is that i have every single blue proc for at least 10 items and this has never happened to me. Also makes me think its a bug

Tacitus_

Same server PvP does have its benefits...

mFk7P.jpg

Wow thats awful, you should actually file a /bug against that, it doesnt sound like intended behavior

Whats steange is that i have every single blue proc for at least 10 items and this has never happened to me. Also makes me think its a bug
No, it isn't a bug. The game just lets you consume the pattern even if you already know it.

Kem0sabe

My server is dead when it comes to any kind of groups at level 50... (playing as sorcerer healer over at Kellian Jarro Europe PVE).

So... i´m looking to move over to a more populated server and freedon nadd being the gaf chosen server looks as good a server as any other :)

Any of the gaf guilds accepting new members and hows the faction balance on the server?

TheYanger

I had to laugh, friend just hit 50 the other day, only has a couple pieces of pvp gear so of course it's a bit biased, but I logged on mumble and the first thing I hear "I'm done with pvp any time I go in there's just some stupid operative who can kill me before I'm unstunned and I basically can't even do anything"

Sounds about right.

Me too, I'm the same. Always buff others, and especially others that buff me and feel bad if I was AFK and got buffed.

I tend to buff people if I'm running around in a cave or some other zone and I see that they're not being dicks (or if they buff me first).

One guy I wanted to rip his head off because I buffed him and helped them with a boss... then I got attacked by a newly spawned mob and they just took off as soon as the boss was down. No thanks. No nothing. Had to use my bail out move to drop all agro and gtfo before dying.

SleazyC

Are you going green ->blue or are you doing the blue -> purple procs? If you have all those epic procs then you should play the lottery because you have some crazy luck.

I'm pretty sure that probability of green -> blue RE schematic discoveries vs the probability of blue -> purple RE schematic discoveries is vastly lower. Sure you can get lucky but eventually you are going to hit a rut. To get my first purple ear piece schematic took me about 80 REs I think my average is probably somewhere around 30-45 REs to get a proc. Which would be ok if you didn't proc already known schematics.

Teknoman

My server is dead when it comes to any kind of groups at level 50... (playing as sorcerer healer over at Kellian Jarro Europe PVE).

So... i´m looking to move over to a more populated server and freedon nadd being the gaf chosen server looks as good a server as any other :)

Any of the gaf guilds accepting new members and hows the faction balance on the server?

I think GAF is always accepting new members no matter the region. Should have priority and all that.

Are you going green ->blue or are you doing the blue -> purple procs? If you have all those epic procs then you should play the lottery because you have some crazy luck.

I'm pretty sure that probability of green -> blue RE schematic discoveries vs the probability of blue -> purple RE schematic discoveries is vastly lower. Sure you can get lucky but eventually you are going to hit a rut. To get my first purple ear piece schematic took me about 80 REs I think my average is probably somewhere around 30-45 REs to get a proc. Which would be ok if you didn't proc already known schematics.

I have all the blues for at least 10 greens. Keep in mind this is a total of about 30 blues over 10 items, and I have never gotten the same one twice. I have about 3 purples for some green -> blue -> purple items, but then again I haven't really tried the purples much.

The thing that's weird is that my luck with green -> blue has been so good (i.e NEVER gotten the same thing twice and then not learned anything as a result) that it basically defies statistics. So I feel like going from blue -> purple doesn't work the same was as going from green -> blue, and so there's probably a bug in the blue -> purple research chance.

Teknoman

I did.

Still have another... 23 days of pain. At this point I'm just playing to see how far Bioware is willing to take the joke.

Permanent or just till they fix...whatever needs to be fixed?

EDIT: So about PVP gear - I've seen vendors for it, but is it only good/optimal for PVP, or is it multipurpose (basically just pvp rewards)?

TheYanger

Are you playing this!?

Yep, have been. Elonara on helm of graush republic. Me and a couple other aftermath peoples.

Permanent or just till they fix...whatever needs to be fixed?

EDIT: So about PVP gear - I've seen vendors for it, but is it only good/optimal for PVP, or is it multipurpose (basically just pvp rewards)?

Champion gear (what you get in bags) is better than tionese level pve gear, or anything until columi. It's just like wow basically: the ilevel is good, so the stats are good, but then they use a bunch of the itemization budget on expertise instead of 'real' stats. So it's worse than equivilent pve gear for pve, btu better than lower pve gear typically.

Not sure how the Europe GAF guilds are doing but NA GAF guilds are accepting anybody who wants to join.

Lots of people on all the time on both sides.

Cystm

I refuse to believe it, because even when I was in a game with zero deaths and constantly healing my team, barely letting anyone die I only got about 450k

I agree. 700k+ is absurdly high. I've never even seen anybody get 400k, and above 300k is pretty rare. There is something more to the story than just "was on top of his/her game."

700k is redic healing, but this is a Voidstar match that went to the last second (15 minutes total) with two premades of two of the biggest PvP guilds in the game with high level arena experience from 'WoWzors'. This wasn't AoE facerolling and tab targeting the nearest target with low health PUG level play.

Teknoman

Even though like all MMOs, the game still needs constant work/improving/optimizing, I think its pretty well put together so far (dont think it's just "new game" effect either). Besides, isnt it normal to suffer a drop off then gradual rebuild after launch?

Even though like all MMOs, the game still needs constant work/improving/optimizing, I think its pretty well put together so far (dont think it's just "new game" effect either). Besides, isnt it normal to suffer a drop off then gradual rebuild after launch?

Yeah it is from what I gather.

I like it too after being pretty skeptical before release. Given some time I think the game can really come into it's own and be something special.

My hope is that they continue each of the character story lines more than anything. I'm into endgame content as well but WOW really burnt me down in that regard.

zugzug

Is there a WoW subscription chart graph from launch?

Is it easy to pug raids in SWTOR? At least perhaps a normal or easy mode version?

Someday in the future I'd like to see Deathnote make a posting that does not include WoW in any way shape or form for 60+ days.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Someday in the future I'd like to see Deathnote make a posting that does not include WoW in any way shape or form for 60+ days.

Herp derp. I'm responding to the post above me fool.

What are you going to do pop in every week and knee jerk bitch if you see someone mention wow?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Normal mode is easy as shit. You could probably pug it.
Ok, good. Me and my friend wanted to do empire while my old WORLD OF WARCRAFT raiding guild is doing republic. I'll probably level a republic alt later to raid with them in future tiers perhaps but I wanted to at least see the storylines if me and my friend don't try to find a raiding guild.

usea

Which earpiece? I get purples all the time from RE, is it possible tge one youre REing doesnt have a purple?

Critical Serenity Relay
and
Critical Immortality Relay

They're blue level 49 earpieces, one with willpower and one with cunning. Both have crit and alacrity.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Think I'm done. Never been into pvp so after finishing the story not much left to do. Got a lvl 50 guardian and a 49.5 assassin. Guess I could make another alt but 85%+ of the story would just be the same thing I've aready done.

Glad I played it but don't think MMOs are for me any more.

CAW

Try a non-force class like the operative or sniper. Sure, the quests are the same but the approach is definitely different (and the class story is great).

Bouncing back and forth between my marauder and sniper is pretty neat. Just because they're two totally different play styles.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Think I'm done. Never been into pvp so after finishing the story not much left to do. Got a lvl 50 guardian and a 49.5 assassin. Guess I could make another alt but 85%+ of the story would just be the same thing I've aready done.

I guess you did both factions right?

No raiding?

A gun class seems like it'd be worth doing.

They improved a lot, are behind on a lot of things, but, yeah, even when it's polished this and wow are not and will never be what I want from a MMO anymore. I don't want F2P either.

Sigfodr

Is there a WoW subscription chart graph from launch?

I am not sure how accurate this is. I still used it in a paper last week:

Try a non-force class like the operative or sniper. Sure, the quests are the same but the approach is definitely different (and the class story is great).

Bouncing back and forth between my marauder and sniper is pretty neat. Just because they're two totally different play styles.

I do that. Healing Sorc and DPS Scoundrel. Also, characters act very differently with the outlaw classes (BH and SM).

SupaNaab

My 30 days ended. I thought "man I really missed my when I raided with friends in WoW". I resubbed to WoW and noticed my friends all left too and my UI mods and stuff are all gone or out of date. I attempted to fix them and was killed while doing so. Logged out. Cancelled. Resubbed to SWTOR. Oh god how I missed my companions.

JWong

Banned
My 30 days ended. I thought "man I really missed my when I raided with friends in WoW". I resubbed to WoW and noticed my friends all left too and my UI mods and stuff are all gone or out of date. I attempted to fix them and was killed while doing so. Logged out. Cancelled. Resubbed to SWTOR. Oh god how I missed my companions.

It's National Kissing day. Which companion do you want to kiss?

Top Bottom