• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

CoolS

I love how almost everyone will have early acess by the 15th now and the extra 2 days were just a bonus for people who ordered really early. Though I bet they only invite people prior to Nov 27th tomorrow since that when I preordered^^

Zafir

So i heard in the official forums that Tom of Freedom Nadd (GAF euro guild´s server) is some sort of unofficial Spannish server, how true is this?
They've dubbed it as that, yeah. That said, the chat still remains in english 99% of the time and all that, so it isn't too much of a problem.

Dakota47

I tried out a couple of other classes tonight and I noticed something ... odd. In MMOs I am usually quite the altoholic, but apparently the story is engaging enough for me to want to go back to my original toon and play with him. I've grown quite fond of my evil Consular and for a large part that it thanks to the focus on storytelling and your involvement with it. And this is coming from someone who was very skeptical about the heavy story focus of the game. I actually enjoyed having a multiple person conversation. Rolling for answers is actually a lot of fun.

Mr. Tubby:

4ws0l.jpg

bill0527

That just sucks all kinds of hairy wookie balls. :(

Would love to join GAF empire on Freedom Nadd, but i just hate queues and dont know if its worth it to even try to start a character in such an overpopulated server.

Yeah I'd advise to stay the hell off of it unless you are desperate to play with only Gaffers. It's still showing heavy population at almost 1am London time, and like I said, during prime time it was showing full with estimated 25 minute queues. The population may settle down after that first 30 days and some people will decide not to keep subscribing. Others may roll or move around to other servers after everyone gets settled in after the launch window. But right now, Tomb of Freedon Nad looks like its the most populated Euro server by far.

JdFoX187

Banned
Holy crap guys. I did the framerate trick (the game defaults to high settings even when it says low, you have to set everything to high then back to low to fix it) and it worked! My game is playable now!

Sure it's only 25fps now, but that looks great compared to 13.

Funny thing was I turned everything to high and the game ran exactly the same (13fps) as when everything was on low, so I knew something was up.

Yay!
3AQmK.gif
What is this framerate trick you speak of?

On an aside, finally got my invitation into the pre-release, so I'm getting ready to hop on now. I saw the Guild info in the OP, but still sort of new to MMOs in general outside of some experience in Star Trek Online. Do I need to PM the guild leader to join up?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
From my July 21st order:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle"
Previous estimated arrival date: December 20, 2011
New estimated arrival date: December 16, 2011

AHHH YEAHHHHHH! Kudos to Amazon for shipping early, and to Bioware for authorizing it. (I think I read they were working with retailers to do so, right?)

So even if the Ord Mantell commendation items are of no use to me, I might as well trade my commendations for them and sell/reverse engineer the items right? The vendor only offers up two pieces of armor and they are both inferior to what I'm using, and I'm under the impression that Bioware removed the option of "trading up" commendations for the next area's version of them...

Hixx

Amazon UK aren't changing my expected delivery date, even though on the store page they've said they've been working on sending them out since the 13th. Might just pop into Gamestation the morra and see if they've got it in, got £10 credit anyway, plus the peace of mind.

JWong

Banned
There's a chance I can get a Collector's Edition, but I don't want it anymore. If I can get it, does anyone want to buy it from me?

I don't really like shipping, so you'd have to be local (Vancouver Canada) for me to care.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I love how almost everyone will have early acess by the 15th now and the extra 2 days were just a bonus for people who ordered really early. Though I bet they only invite people prior to Nov 27th tomorrow since that when I preordered^^

My order is a day after yours, don't jinx it!

JdFoX187

Banned
Opted to cancel my collector's edition and go for the regular one a couple months ago. Now that it's back in stock, I decided to get it again. I'm a whore :(

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess I should just cancel my CE order and get the regular. Was just going to get it in case it was tough to come by and might hold proper resale value. The extras hardly seem worth $90.

Zinga

Banned
Loving Dromund Kaas, I think it has a great atmosphere and the planet seems more coherent than Coruscant did. The Sith Inquisitor story is amazing as well, loving the mix of politics and intrigue!

My GOTY for sure.

Hawk269

If you did not get an email, try logging in anyways. My friend did not get an email, reserved his game about a month ago or so and he is currently playing the game. Don't know if it is just a glitch or what, but he is in.

Aeana

The Consular story is pretty boring so far. I wish my friends had decided to go Sith since it sounds like Inquisitor is much better. :\

Meier

My copy will arrive on Friday. Does anyone know how many DVDs this thing will ship on? I'm just curious how much I'll have to actually download anyway even with the physical version coming.

Wallach

Security key is on the US store (iPhone), was able to set mine up. You'll need a serial from the account management page when you first start the app, if you're wondering where to get that number from.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Wow love it so far, played all day just about. Got up to lvl 12 and picked Gunslinger. Did the 1st flashpoint thing, great fun even got 2 boss drops.

Should you keep your companion's equipment updated. Noticed at one point I got a bag of stuff for him, will that keep happening?

Saw a few <GAF>, I'll ask for an invite if thats ok tomorrow or if anyone sees me the name is Warnen in game.

sangreal

Holy crap guys. I did the framerate trick (the game defaults to high settings even when it says low, you have to set everything to high then back to low to fix it) and it worked! My game is playable now!

Sure it's only 25fps now, but that looks great compared to 13.

Funny thing was I turned everything to high and the game ran exactly the same (13fps) as when everything was on low, so I knew something was up.

Yay!
3AQmK.gif

That could explain a lot for me. I was wondering why my performance was worse and graphics better than the beta.

dorkimoe

Anyone have any good site with crafting info? my bot came back with some gem from treasure hunting but i cant do anything with it in artifice. Do i need a different profession?

Emitan

Security key is on the US store (iPhone), was able to set mine up. You'll need a serial from the account management page when you first start the app, if you're wondering where to get that number from.

I can't find it in iTunes.

EDIT: Just showed up for me.

If only it was Christmas so I'd have an iPhone. No point in putting this on my iPad.

JWong

Banned
Wow love it so far, played all day just about. Got up to lvl 12 and picked Gunslinger. Did the 1st flashpoint thing, great fun even got 2 boss drops.

Should you keep your companion's equipment updated. Noticed at one point I got a bag of stuff for him, will that keep happening?

Saw a few <GAF>, I'll ask for an invite if thats ok tomorrow or if anyone sees me the name is Warnen in game.

After the bag, there are going to be quests that have items for your character. For example, you wear heavy, but you get medium armor rewards that are obviously for your companion.

Of course, you can give them any equipment if they can wear them.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
After the bag, there are going to be quests that have items for your character. For example, you wear heavy, but you get medium armor rewards that are obviously for your companion.

Of course, you can give them any equipment if they can wear them.

Thanks! Good to know I should check stuff before vendoring it or breaking it down.

JWong

Banned
Anyone have any good site with crafting info? my bot came back with some gem from treasure hunting but i cant do anything with it in artifice. Do i need a different profession?

You need to level your Artifice, I bet. Probably can't use them since you don't have the skills to make good gems. Maybe check the trainer and check for skills you can't learn to see what's coming up.

Wallach

Shot of the CE store at the moment: http://i.imgur.com/dwEZ9.png

There is also a Security Key vendor (requires authenticator on your account) and a VIP vendor (requires access to VIP lounge - CE/DDE provided, costs 1 million credits for SE players).

Edit - It appears the only thing on the VIP vendor is the unique model speeder, which costs 1.5 million credits.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, I just had a heart attack. I set up my security key, but right after entering all the info I got a "error has occurred" message at the top of the webpage, and when I tried to log in to the TOR client it didnt work. I just closed the app and restarted it, which showed a different key and then I logged in. I was going to nerd rage like an unstoppable beast if I accidentally just got fucked.

Top Bottom