• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Aeana

Level 3 Sith inquisitor and I already like it better. I'll just bounce back and forth between these two gals for a while. (._. )

Emitan

I've only played an Inquisitor to 15 but loved the story. Your master is so damn politically ambitious. And you get to see ghosts and shit.

Zeal

Banned
So much for early access. Probably won't get a chance to play until the 20th.

Oh well, back to DCUniverse until then :/

Dysun

I haven't played the beta in around ~3 months they've really added some nice finishing touches and I'm glad to see alot of the buggy quests/holos/ui fixed thus far.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yay, the security app is available on the Jp iTunes as well, just finished setting it up.

zychi

Banned
Weird questions. I have early access now, and have played a bit.

1. Can i change what my character looks like? Or do I have to delete and make a new one? He turned out wayyyy to skinny for my liking. If i have to delete it its not a big deal, I only lose 10 levels, but I'd rather not.

2. With early access, will it automatically give me the free 30 days? Or do I have to use a code from the inside of the box? I really don't want to open the CE on the off chance it skyrockets on ebay prior to Xmas(yes i know its in stock at amazon)

Just got my character up and running with the GAF sith guild. Good times. Gonna be a few more levels before I'm useful for anything but look forward to teaming up with some other gaffers. Went Bounty Hunter, I guess probably with the healing build later

bill0527

I'm having trouble setting the security up on my iphone.

I went to swtor.com. I clicked the links to set it up.

It gave me a serial number which I successfully input.

Then I have 2 boxes staring at me.

Box 1 is for Activation code - which I input at least 5 times. I got the code at the setup page.

Box 2 asks for Reactivation Password (Required only if your application provider sent it....).

I don't know what I'm supposed to put into box 2. I leave it blank, input my activation code in the first box and it won't work.

I keep getting 'invalid activation password'

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
And now early access is starting to depress me. I've been on Tatooine for 2 hours and not a single person has popped on the planet. :(
yeah you get past coruscant and it's even more of a ghost town. Feels like I'm playing a single player game.

And now early access is starting to depress me. I've been on Tatooine for 2 hours and not a single person has popped on the planet. :(

It should be a lot more populated tomorrow. We had 19 on tonight. Good playing with you republic gaf, see you tomorrow night.

BTW my name is Benadarek and I am a trooper.

Hawk269

I am really enjoying what I have played so far and I think the game looks really good, especially when forcing 8xaa via the .ini file.

The one thing that really takes away from the visuals is the fucking pop-in of grass textures. I mean, the draw distance is really short and that is the one thing that detracts from the visuals for me. Is there an .ini setting to improve this?

Most MMO's I have played have a setting for "draw distance", but there is no such option so I assume it might be hidden somewhere...like the "AA" setting, there is no option, but obviously it does work when adjusted/added in the .ini settings.

red731

You should be happy that you are on Tatooine.
When I was playing the beta - I couldn't for the love of some entity fin d that shuttle that would take me there!
So I was questing in the city...instead.

bill0527

I'm having trouble setting the security up on my iphone.

I went to swtor.com. I clicked the links to set it up.

It gave me a serial number which I successfully input.

Then I have 2 boxes staring at me.

Box 1 is for Activation code - which I input at least 5 times. I got the code at the setup page.

Box 2 asks for Reactivation Password (Required only if your application provider sent it....).

I don't know what I'm supposed to put into box 2. I leave it blank, input my activation code in the first box and it won't work.

I keep getting 'invalid activation password'

Very strange that I can't set this up on my iPhone, but I just installed it and its running perfectly on my iPad.

I did nothing different.

Still getting that 'invalid activation password' message when I try to put in the 20-digit activation code on the iphone app.

CzarTim

where can i respec talents as a republic player?
The fleet. I can't find anywhere to do it on Coruscant. Maybe they took out the feature to do it on Capital planets.
On Coruscant it's down with the skill trainers in between the two wings in the back by the Market. It's a Rodian standing behind the counter on the left.

Empire stories >> Republic stories

Jedi stories <<<<< everything else

I didn't think I would, but I prefer the Trooper story over the BH one.

Any word on population imbalance? Still not sure if I want Bounty Hunter, Agent or Smuggler. I hear good things about the Agent story.

My main worry about pop imbalance is pvp queues. I played alliance in vanilla WoW and 30min/1hr queues were no fun.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Well, I'm now just a few kills away from dinging level 15. I thought I was mostly done with the Justicar area of Coruscant, until I walked through a door and realized I have about five more quests to do. I haven't cashed in four other quests yet, so I'm hoping getting near lvl 17 by the end of this tomorrow - after about three hours - won't be too hard.

I'm absolutely loving this game. I've purchased probably ~100 or so different games this year; even a new system - 3DS, with about 12 games now. And nothing has pulled me in like this. I absolutely loved The Witcher 2; but like most games, I could only play in about 90 minute bursts before growing anxious to do something else. This is my very first MMO I'm taking seriously. I tried getting into WoW; I probably got about four different characters to 20 on four different occasions over the years, but I just didn't like it.

Being a big fan of KOTOR, I gotta say this really DOES feel like a sequel to that amazing game. The starting area, especially for the Jedi Knight, is just AWFUL in my opinion. Feels absolutely NOTHING like WoW, and I can't help but it'll make a terrible first impression on anyone getting this game for the Star Wars lore. Fortunately, though, Coruscant is a DRASTIC improvement in just about every way. The gorgeous city scapes, the fantastic senate building, the seedy underworld with neon lights, air taxis filling the sky - it's amazing atmosphere. Just awesome. I *want* to spend time in this world.... just living in it.

But that brings me to probably one of my few serious complaints - the world feels kind of empty. I'm on Keller's Void, and I swear I hardly run into anyone on Coruscant at all. I feel like I'm playing a game by myself about 90% of the time. Sucks. And the lack of NPCs - and a lack of NPC voice acting as you "walk by" them is kinda lame. I wish everything felt alive. And I'm hopeful as the real release date approaches and passes, it gets more - much more - crowded.

Oh! Also did my first flash point with a irl friend tonight! What a blast! Soooo good. Can't wait to do more in the future.

Aedile

Any word on population imbalance? Still not sure if I want Bounty Hunter, Agent or Smuggler. I hear good things about the Agent story.

Anecdotally, based on livestreams I've seen and various boards postings, a lot of poeple seem to be playing BH. And yeah, the IA story is very good; made me feel like an evil James Bond. I don't think there will be any shortage of groups, regardless of class, if you're willing to tank or heal. (I actually came to the thread to ask the same question. Does anyone know if there's a tracker anywhere?)

My main worry about pop imbalance is pvp queues. I played alliance in vanilla WoW and 30min/1hr queues were no fun.

People who are already in--I didn't preorder until I played the game in November--probably know better than I do, but I get the sense that (contrary to the image that's been kicking around for a while) Empire is SWTOR's Alliance in terms of pop.

Only got to level 13 last night, didn't get to play much, saw an Inquisitor with lots of Black Talon gear which was pretty good stats wise, anyone up for a few runs tonight?

So even if the Ord Mantell commendation items are of no use to me, I might as well trade my commendations for them and sell/reverse engineer the items right? The vendor only offers up two pieces of armor and they are both inferior to what I'm using, and I'm under the impression that Bioware removed the option of "trading up" commendations for the next area's version of them...

Can anyone help out with this? Also, I just got my Smuggler alt to the Republic fleet and am presented with an outfit choice for my companion. Is there any way to preview these choices on my companion before choosing? ctrl+clicking does not seem to be working...does anyone have any screenshots of them? I can't find any online except for "Corso's Hunting Outfit."

Can anyone help out with this? Also, I just got my Smuggler alt to the Republic fleet and am presented with an outfit choice for my companion. Is there any way to preview these choices on my companion before choosing? ctrl+clicking does not seem to be working...does anyone have any screenshots of them? I can't find any online except for "Corso's Hunting Outfit."

The ctrl+clicking worked for me when viewing the different looks for my companion, not sure exactly how it worked but I think you switch over to the companion page, maybe open the character stats screen separatly then do the ctrl+clicking.

Top Bottom