• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Dina

Can anyone help out with this? Also, I just got my Smuggler alt to the Republic fleet and am presented with an outfit choice for my companion. Is there any way to preview these choices on my companion before choosing? ctrl+clicking does not seem to be working...does anyone have any screenshots of them? I can't find any online except for "Corso's Hunting Outfit."

Afaik, you should always empty out your leveling commendations after clearing a world. Be it items you need, or just lockboxes or items to reverse engineer.

The ctrl+clicking worked for me when viewing the different looks for my companion, not sure exactly how it worked but I think you switch over to the companion page, maybe open the character stats screen separatly then do the ctrl+clicking.

It works for previewing the alternate appearances, but doesn't work for previewing their alternate outfits (at least for me). It's pretty annoying.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I had seen this a little while ago - The Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/strategy-guides/star-wars-the-old-republic-official-strategy-guide/93234
$25 -> $16. I can only seem to find it at Amazon.com.

But just now, I see that Gamestop lists a Star Wars: The Old Republic Strategy Guide:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/strategy-guides/star-wars-the-old-republic-official-strategy-guide/93234

$25. And they're the only place that seems to have it listed.

I'm sure neither of them are necessary. Most everything will be easier to just ask the guild or look online. That said, considering this is my most anticipated game ever - and it seems to be exceeding expectations for me - I'd like to get these for the "complete" experience. Something to read on the road over the holidays, entertainment on the John, and a quick reference in a pickle.

But I can only afford one. Any suggestions on which to get first, for now?

Kem0sabe

Yeah I'd advise to stay the hell off of it unless you are desperate to play with only Gaffers. It's still showing heavy population at almost 1am London time, and like I said, during prime time it was showing full with estimated 25 minute queues. The population may settle down after that first 30 days and some people will decide not to keep subscribing. Others may roll or move around to other servers after everyone gets settled in after the launch window. But right now, Tomb of Freedon Nad looks like its the most populated Euro server by far.

Guess ill wait for the new servers that are coming up in the next few days.

squidyj

It works for previewing the alternate appearances, but doesn't work for previewing their alternate outfits (at least for me). It's pretty annoying.

I think it's because the outfits are essentially 'boxes' that you 'open' to get the gear that actually gets equipped, and as such probably don't support equipment viewing.

Went Sentinel.. Also made a huge mistake tonight by wasting 16 commendations and accidently buying a Dark Side 1 Lightsaber that I cant use.. argh

Should be a sell back option on commendation items.

Anyways.. here is my Sentinel.. Lvl 13. Starting to look more bad ass :)

WhRhN.jpg

DodgerSan

Can Republic peoples group with people from the Empire?

Unless its changed from beta, I believe you can have mixed teams on Huttball, and also Smugglers Den on Tatooine is completely free for all.

Also, how are you guys taking screenshots? Print Screen worked once, then never again.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Can anyone quit the game without it crashing? My game won't work in fullscreen and it won't quit without crashing.

There's a lot of graphical shit going on for me, like sometimes I'll run with textures on high at like 110+ fps and then the next minute I'm down to 4 fps.

I cheated and looked at the companions, waiting to see if Trooper got anything cool later on. Turns out he didn't, so I switched to Inquisitor. I think I'm gonna play this and IA for a little while.

So, as someone who still cant get into early access 2 question.

How long till i get a lightsaber.

Can i use single, dual and double bladed or is their restrictions. Can i change the colour of dual blades separately

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can anyone quit the game without it crashing? My game won't work in fullscreen and it won't quit without crashing.

There's a lot of graphical shit going on for me, like sometimes I'll run with textures on high at like 110+ fps and then the next minute I'm down to 4 fps.

I cheated and looked at the companions, waiting to see if Trooper got anything cool later on. Turns out he didn't, so I switched to Inquisitor. I think I'm gonna play this and IA for a little while.

I can quit out fine. I've launched four times and quit out four times with no problems.

That said, my fps stutters like all hell without v-sync. One second I can be getting 100+ fps during a battle outside; and then I walk into an interior with nothing going on and I dip and idle at like 70fps. And my GPU, even when staying still, will hover anywhere from 50%-100% without me touching a key.

Very strange. Luckily, if I enable v-sync, I don't seem to have any problems.

Moaradin

Can i use single, dual and double bladed or is their restrictions. Can i change the colour of dual blades separately

You'll get your lightsaber at the end of your starter class quest. Lightsabers depend on your class/advanced class and yea, you can change the colour separately.

Hmmmm....

I took armor crafting for my Sith Juggernaut but apparently all the heavy armor that I can craft seems to be for Bountry hunters.

Any suggestions what would be better for Juggernauts?

About lvl 9-10 for a lightsaber.. Before that you use other blades/training swords.. Kinda the same feeling but less glowy..

Single Bladed are only on Jedi Sages and Guardians (And Empire Equivalents)

Double Bladed is only for Jedi Shadow (And Empire Equivalent)

Dual Lightsabers is only for Jedi Sentinel (And Empire Equivalent)

Does anyone know if you can send items via mail to your own opposing-faction characters? Like, if I have a Republic and Sith character on the same server, am I able to mail items to each other like I would be able to with two characters on the same faction?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

working fine for me. Are your drivers updated?

CzarTim

Does anyone know if you can send items via mail to your own opposing-faction characters? Like, if I have a Republic and Sith character on the same server, am I able to mail items to each other like I would be able to with two characters on the same faction?

I'm pretty sure you can't

Mairu

Hmmmm....

I took armor crafting for my Sith Juggernaut but apparently all the heavy armor that I can craft seems to be for Bountry hunters.

Any suggestions what would be better for Juggernauts?

Synthweaving is the crafting skill to make armor for force users I believe. I went artifice on my juggernaut though, lightsaber modifications+shield

Synthweaving is the crafting skill to make armor for force users I believe. I went artifice on my juggernaut though, lightsaber modifications+shield

No synth is light armor.

Well the crafting is so much fun in this game, that I probably won't feel bad to switch later. I will give it a few more levels and see what comes out. On TorHead they have some crafting gear listed that could be good for a Juggernaut.

But yeah... it seems like artifice is a better choice.

Played a few hours last night - safe to say I'm hooked.

Is there a place in-game where I have to pick up my digital deluxe special items? I see people in my zone swooping around on their bikes, but there's none to be found for me.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Played a few hours last night - safe to say I'm hooked.

Is there a place in-game where I have to pick up my digital deluxe special items? I see people in my zone swooping around on their bikes, but there's none to be found for me.
those bikes are just the taxi system on some wolrds.

About lvl 9-10 for a lightsaber.. Before that you use other blades/training swords.. Kinda the same feeling but less glowy..

Single Bladed are only on Jedi Sages and Guardians (And Empire Equivalents)

Double Bladed is only for Jedi Shadow (And Empire Equivalent)

Dual Lightsabers is only for Jedi Sentinel (And Empire Equivalent)

So no dual wielding double blades like in the intro video? :(

TimeKillr

So according to what was said yesterday, I'll be in today (I preordered on November 15th).

To get into the GAF guild all I have to do is talk to the GL or one of the officers?

OTIX

Was having a real hard time picking a class until I discovered Bounty Hunters get Lacey Chabert and a freaking JAWA as companions! Holy crap.

Setting AA in the ini makes certain things invisible for me in the game, like holograms. Forcing AA through the Inspector (560 Ti) doesn't have the same problem but it doesn't work at all unless I turn off Bloom. It also doesn't work on certain items like tree foliage unless I turn on transparency supersampling which tanks my framerate from 100 fps to 40. Even without transparency ss it still looks infinitely better than no AA and there's no noticable fps hit so it's a good compromise for now.

Anyone know why I'm getting seemingly random screen shaking?

Merovin

Eurgh, got my copy through, but because of my live account being fifa'd, I can't recover my password. Damn having a million passwords.

Just did some reading on the Future Shop message boards. Apparently Godwin (a buyer) over at FS is trying to get permission to ship early but EA Canada is not allowing any Canadian retailer to ship before the weekend.

They should of made the option of going into the game neutral and based on your actions lead you to the light or dark side. That would have been really cool storytelling.

Still a great game so far. The Consular story isn't bad.

Orgun

I'm really enjoying the Trooper story, only on Coruscant so far though. One more level until I finally get sprint back, cant wait to finally move faster through the oversized senate!

Also made myself broke by constantly sending my companion on crafting gathering missions! Didn't realise he had gone up to the next tier of missions!

I'm really enjoying the Trooper story, only on Coruscant so far though. One more level until I finally get sprint back, cant wait to finally move faster through the oversized senate!

Also made myself broke by constantly sending my companion on crafting gathering missions! Didn't realise he had gone up to the next tier of missions!

Ah yeah its level 16 for sprint isn't it? I only got upto 17 in the beta I think..

I have about 10k cash at the moment, debating whether to get the extra inventory space or save up for the speeder/ training.

Orgun

Ah yeah its level 16 for sprint isn't it? I only got upto 17 in the beta I think..

I have about 10k cash at the moment, debating whether to get the extra inventory space or save up for the speeder/ training.

Hmm level 14 for the 35% sprint IIRC.

I have about 1k left atm lol, those gathering missions start to add up when you're also dismantling what you craft rather than selling it.

Top Bottom