• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

The resolve issue is actually a bigger deal post-nerf, I think, because now Hidden Strike no longer maxes out the bar by itself. It allows *more* CC to be stacked on the target.

Wait, Hidden Strike with the Jarring Strikes talent isn't triggering a full resolve bar anymore?

Impossible. Didn't you hear? This nerf completely guts the class and makes it unplayable and impossible do anything effectively anymore. No class has ever been nerfed so fast or so hard in any game ever. The sky fell and all that.

Really.

:lol

What happened to Wendi anyways? Haven't seen any rants or raves the past few days.

arimanius

Gonna need a bigger nerf

Besides making the KO fill up the resolve bar I don't know what other nerf they would need. Their damage seems to be inline with other classes based on the stream and what I've read online.

Impossible. Didn't you hear? This nerf completely guts the class and makes it unplayable and impossible do anything effectively anymore. No class has ever been nerfed so fast or so hard in any game ever. The sky fell and all that.

Really.

Be interesting to see how the acid blade nerf effects pve since that was a big concern on the official boards.

Well, I was hoping that this:

Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.

Was talking about the issue where mouse bindings don't work if your mouse is hovering over the wrong part of the screen. But I just tested it, and that bug is still there :(

That big section when you enter the forums has the 3 latest dev blog posts :p
I was actually being facetious. My point being that using the blog as an example of their poor communication is silly since they have a much better form of communication that allows you to interact directly with the developers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well, I was hoping that this:

Was talking about the issue where mouse bindings don't work if your mouse is hovering over the wrong part of the screen. But I just tested it, and that bug is still there :(
I'm guessing you're trying it on the test server since the patch isn't out until tonight?

I'm guessing you're trying it on the test server since the patch isn't out until tonight?

I am pretty sure there was a patch this morning (1.1.1). Anyway, the game seems to get worst for me. While frame rate is better, I get random crash (happen since saturday patch) and now just like someone post eariler a stutter every so often.

It's becoming really annoying. The game just crash and I am too lazy to go get my authenticator to restart ...

Lain

After today's maint my game freezes randomly for a couple seconds.
The weirdest thing is that while the game/ui freezes, the sound doesn't (so my droid's lines go on as if nothing happened) and the mouse pointer doesn't freeze either, so I can move it around, but everything else is frozen for those important seconds, which really sucks, especially during fights.
Happened to anyone else?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Having a look at the server status in Europe during prime time is disheartening... to say the least.

It's prime time in Europe right now, isn't it? Looking at the server status at the moment about half are standard, the rest are heavy, very heavy or full. There are no light servers. Seems the EU servers are busier than the NA servers so I'm not sure what's disheartening.

frequency

It's prime time in Europe right now, isn't it? Looking at the server status at the moment about half are standard, the rest are heavy, very heavy or full. There are no light servers. Seems the EU servers are busier than the NA servers so I'm not sure what's disheartening.

I'm not sure exactly what "prime time" means, but I think s/he was talking about the servers being down for maintenance during regular playing hours in the EU as opposed to 3 AM in NA.
I don't think s/he was talking about population.

So... they didn't actually fix Warzone quest credit. That's good, I'm glad they just put things in their patch notes but don't put it in the actual game.

Don't worry. They'll remove it from the patch notes later and pretend it never happened. Like how they "fixed companion quests".

Sokantish

So... they didn't actually fix Warzone quest credit. That's good, I'm glad they just put things in their patch notes but don't put it in the actual game.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Man I LOVE PVP! I have not had a bad team in the last like 20 games and we are always seeing the same people so its helping to build the server community. Guess i have 12 more levels before I start hating it though. Everyone hates PVP at 50 right?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm not sure exactly what "prime time" means, but I think s/he was talking about the servers being down for maintenance during regular playing hours in the EU as opposed to 3 AM in NA.
I don't think s/he was talking about population.

I don't think so, the sentence before the one I quoted was about server merges so I'm pretty sure he was talking about server populations.

Prime time is between 8-11PM, when people are home from work. Patches happen during the morning and early afternoon in EU, that's not prime time, most people are at work. I'm sure it affects some people but I tend to play late at night so the 3am patches affect me and for people on the west coast that's only midnight which is still a busy time, but that's life. Someone is always going to want to be playing during the time the servers are down.

frequency

I don't think so, the sentence before the one I quoted was about server merges so I'm pretty sure he was talking about server populations.

Prime time is between 8-11PM, when people are home from work. Patches happen during the morning and early afternoon in EU, that's not prime time, most people are at work. I'm sure it affects some people but I tend to play late at night so the 3am patches affect me and for people on the west coast that's only midnight which is still a busy time, but that's life. Someone is always going to want to be playing during the time the servers are down.

Oh I see. Glad I made note because I was totally wrong about what "Prime Time" was.
I thought s/he was talking about 8 hour maintenance and stuff. I fail at reading I guess.

They need to get pre-made 50's in there for proper testing. Sooner rather than later.

Need the SWG blue frogs on the TOR PTR. Don't see though how the patch that was there for almost two weeks and no one noticed these things that apparently didnt get fixed

Wow sounds like Hidden Strike either got a stealth buff or is bugged. Been hearing that while it only stuns for 1.5 sec now, it only fills half your resolve bar and can be chained with their 4 second stun. So don't waste your CC breaker on the first stun, wait for the 2nd :p

Sokantish

So now that people have been playing for a while, how was the actual nerf to ops/scoundrels? I haven't really fought that many since the patch so I don't know how bad it is or if they are actually fair now.

frequency

Wow sounds like Hidden Strike either got a stealth buff or is bugged. Been hearing that while it only stuns for 1.5 sec now, it only fills half your resolve bar and can be chained with their 4 second stun. So don't waste your CC breaker on the first stun, wait for the 2nd :p

You seldom should be wasting your CC breaker unless you have a full resolve bar anyway. Since you'd probably just go right back into CC and even though that one CC filled it up, it doesn't break it.

Nothing like sitting in CC for the full duration with a full resolve bar!

Someone posted a link for a discussion about this longer stun thing some pages back. No one seemed to care.

Man all this talk about nerfs and what not kinda makes me wanna roll an op....

Are they any fun leveling up though? Almost done with a guardian, so it should only get better from here.... right?

Damn, I just hit Level 29. Does the game even have anything to do for Lvl 70 or is it just doing the same Operations/Flashpoints, etc?

70 refers to the valor rank (gained from pvp), not the actual character level (50). Besides getting a chance at better gear when at valor 60, there's no new content unlocked from getting more valor.

Zafir

Not really that surprising when you see how easy valor can be gotten on Ilum. Permitting you're ranged, empire and have a decent fps in large battles, that is.

gatti-man

Not really that surprising when you see how easy valor can be gotten on Ilum. Permitting you're ranged, empire and have a decent fps in large battles, that is.

Not really. Republic takes their ball and goes home on kellers void. Illum is empty half the time.

Ken

Hit 38 on my Gunslinger. I'm enjoying this class a lot more than my Vanguard, especially in PvP. I'm now kind of bummed I didn't roll a Gunslinger first.

this guy is a monster

lol@ Anyone complaining about the nerfs

While I don't think the nerfs are super bad, I don't think one person's ability to play the class is clear indication that the class is fine and a lol @ people complaining about nerfs is warranted.

As an example, I've played WoW since inception and I've rolled Hunter and rogue as my mains. I used my hunter when their 31 talent in survival was lacerate which sucked (a very small nonstacking bleed dot that did 300ish damage altogether). Our DPS was pretty broken too, but I personally was in the top 3 for my guild. I wouldn't want anyone to use me as measurement to say the class ok when at the time it was utterly broken.

squidyj

While I don't think the nerfs are super bad, I don't think one person's ability to play the class is clear indication that the class is fine and a lol @ people complaining about nerfs is warranted.

As an example, I've played WoW since inception and I've rolled Hunter and rogue as my mains. I used my hunter when their 31 talent in survival was lacerate which sucked (a very small nonstacking bleed dot that did 300ish damage altogether). Our DPS was pretty broken too, but I personally was in the top 3 for my guild. I wouldn't want anyone to use me as measurement to say the class ok when at the time it was utterly broken.

Man, Lacerate was just...

zlatko

Banned
Man all this talk about nerfs and what not kinda makes me wanna roll an op....

Are they any fun leveling up though? Almost done with a guardian, so it should only get better from here.... right?

Once you wrap your head around the taking cover mechanics, and then once you turn into an OP, you can have a real blast. From all the classes I've played so far it is by far the most fleshed out and fun class to play, and actually feels unique from standard MMO counterparts since it's got several ways to be played along with the cover mechanics I mentioned.

Do iiiiiit.

After today's maint my game freezes randomly for a couple seconds.
The weirdest thing is that while the game/ui freezes, the sound doesn't (so my droid's lines go on as if nothing happened) and the mouse pointer doesn't freeze either, so I can move it around, but everything else is frozen for those important seconds, which really sucks, especially during fights.
Happened to anyone else?

I haven't had any of the performance issues people have been bitching about until this patch. Now everything is fucked.

It takes 3-4x as long at loading screens now, I get that weird pause every 5 seconds or so, and the game crashed once already.

If it crashes again I won't play again until a new patch. The pausing shit alone is going to make PvP impossible until they fix it.

Francois424

Neo Member
Question for JK/SW players: Do any of you actually use Freezing Force (or whatever the Sith equivalent is)?

Or is it more of a PvP ability?

Personally, I find just slowing enemies to not be worth the time it takes to execute it. Especially when slow doesn't work on most elites and above.

I have seen the ability
I have put it on my Shortcut Bar...
But I almost never use it.

If this is supposed to be an improvement for me to tank it isn't much of one.
It is very good to get away if things get bad tho, and will help with that.
Then again, I don't do PvP yet, so I may change my mind about it later

gatti-man

I have seen the ability
I have put it on my Shortcut Bar...
But I almost never use it.

If this is supposed to be an improvement for me to tank it isn't much of one.
It is very good to get away if things get bad tho, and will help with that.
Then again, I don't do PvP yet, so I may change my mind about it later

In pvp you will use it. Its gets used on me aaaaaaaalllllll the time.

hey guys, new-ish to TOR, rolled on KV, how should I go about getting invited to The Gaf Empire? Is there an officer here I should PM? The link in the OT is broken and I'm not sure who to contact.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Ah, No problem, I forgot I had to patch anyway. lol

My player name on there is the same as here so whisper to me whenever you're ready.

Giolon

They wipe the characters each time on the ptr?

Shouldn't need 50's to test the warzone fix stuff either.

No, they don't wipe the PTR characters. However, they warn that the possibility that they may need to is there.

It's basically the same as SWG's TestCenter was before the blue frogs were implemented (and ruined the TestCenter community).

If you want the changes tested better by the community, go play on PTR.

Top Bottom