• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Moaradin

yeah i agree,
we are knocking out a few too much sith and rogue imperials
hell thinking about it, the last reps in a FB were in mandalorian raiders...

I mean I enjoyed the false emperor especially given my role as the emperors wrath, but christ lets us kill some important republic people too, since we murdered him in FE let us kill Satele Shan, to even it up

Well, the Imps do "kill" a very important republic character in Foundry. Also not completely sure if the end boss of FE is totally dead either.

CzarTim

lz0CWh.jpg

Want! Drops on Nightmare Soa

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Gonna be away for a day or 2 or 3. A lot of tests.

How much rest exp can you store up in this game?

you can store as much as your current level's XP requirement. Aka, if you are 42, and you need to get 370000 XP to hit 43, you can get up to 370000 rest XP.

After my week long trip in Barcelona, I haven't been out of rest XP for a week. I've even stopped going back to my rest zones because I have so much of it

Stopped playing it for a day or two and I've not had the urge to go back and play it. Either I've grown out of/burned out on MMOs, or TOR is lacking 'something'.

They are winning more often but i would still say 5/7 go empire minimum.

Heh, there's absolutely no way imps on average win 5 out of every 7 WZs on KE. I win about 60% of my matches (went 7-1 last night) and almost never do premades. My queue times are during "prime time" when the most people are on. I'm sorry, but to say that is the minimum is even more infeasible a statistic. If you do a lot of premades you may personally experience 5/7 but server wide this ratio is definitely false.

Heh, there's absolutely no way imps on average win 5 out of every 7 WZs on KE. I win about 60% of my matches (went 7-1 last night) and almost never do premades. My queue times are during "prime time" when the most people are on. I'm sorry, but to say that is the minimum is even more infeasible a statistic. If you do a lot of premades you may personally experience 5/7 but server wide this ratio is definitely false.

The chance of winning a pug game on imp side is somewhere between slim to none. There's a large influx on new 50s that don't seem to really know what they're doing. And I've seen alot of battlemaster repubs out there too. Guess Ilum isnt a complete failure for our server

The chance of winning a pug game on imp side is somewhere between slim to none. There's a large influx on new 50s that don't seem to really know what they're doing. And I've seen alot of battlemaster repubs out there too. Guess Ilum isnt a complete failure for our server

I think KE is not too bad population ratio wise. From reading population sampling on the fleets during prime time there seems to be a rough ratio of 10:6.5 favoring empire. I'd love to see what the real statistic is but I just think a 70% win rate for the average imp player is way too high. I would guess the server ratio is pretty close to 50/50.

How does Rest XP. work?

In what way? You build up Rest on your xp bar as you leave your character in a rest zone, and also builds up while you log off. You can store up to your level worth of xp in rest potential. While you are rested you get double xp from all your kills (doesn't double quest and other xp rewards).

Teknoman

Stopped playing it for a day or two and I've not had the urge to go back and play it. Either I've grown out of/burned out on MMOs, or TOR is lacking 'something'.

Not that many big quests where there has to be a community effort/ not that many true guild activities? Just taking some guesses from what i've been reading from other high level players (assuming since most of the people in this thread seem to be 40-50).

Not that many big quests where there has to be a community effort/ not that many true guild activities? Just taking some guesses from what i've been reading from other high level players (assuming since most of the people in this thread seem to be 40-50).

You know, I think that could be it. Everything is so static, which is odd giving how 'interactive' the dialogue system is. Nothing changes outside of your cutscene. I know this is an issue with many MMOs, but... ergh.

Tess3ract

Banned
It's spoilers for the end boss, probably doesn't matter if you're republic, but it's huge spoilers for Imps. I first did the instance before doing the Ilum quests and I was all like "wait, what? who did the guy on the loudspeaker just call out?"

And yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Again, the Republic players probably won't mind, and I guess that's Dark Side for you, but some time I'd like for an important NPC from the 'good side' to go off the deep end and end up as an instance boss.
It's not really spoilers for republic because it's obvious that's who'd be the end boss since buying the game. Also it's said who's in it before ever entering the instance.

gatti-man

With some story
characters dying in class stories, I wonder if they'll ever explain that to the other classes?

For instance (Troop/BH spoiler):

She gives troopers a medal, but the BH kills her?

(JK spoiler):

The Emperor dying is a pretty big deal for only one class to know about it.

They explain the jk spoiler to all dark side

HBroward

We are going to try 16 man HM tonight, although we may have to break into two groups of 8. Supposedly there are some bugs in the 16 man hard/nightmare modes still.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah I don't know if we have the gear yet for 16 man hard; the enrage timers are tighter and everyone will be taking more damage--dunno if we have the dps. We'll see.

Milly79

Yeah I don't know if we have the gear yet for 16 man hard; the enrage timers are tighter and everyone will be taking more damage--dunno if we have the dps. We'll see.

Sciion told me someone said you just need at least 2 pieces of Col gear and full mods from dailies. Seems kinda low. I'm only lacking boots, legs, bracers, 2 implans and ear.

Francois424

Neo Member
Heh, just heard a good one.

My friend was playing his Sith Assassin on "Prophecy of the Five" and farming mobs for money. He found that a specific mob, "Commander Something" (he can't remember) on Correlia, was giving really good items. So he started doing a small pattern of farming, always coming back to his favorite champion and killing it if it was spawned/available.

Then all of a sudden, a GM pops and starts talking to him. The conversation went something like: "I'd like you to stop killing this champion please". My friend was pretty surprised about that and inquired as to why he should stop killing the mob. The GM said that he wasn't supposed to be able to gather such good items is such a small time. My friend (ever the defiant one) told the GM he was using his own crafted gear, and no exploits, that he WASN'T going to stop as he is working within the game's rules / items / class skills that were provided to him.

The GM then said: "It seems you aren't capable of understanding the situation, and thus from now on if you kill that mob, you won't be able to get any items from it."

My friend tried 2-3 times again for good mesures, and indeed, no more drops of anything.

He told me he is now re-examining why he should play this MMO, as he was doing what everyone was doing all the time in ANY MMO ever launched... farming mobs for loot.

I tought this would be an interesting read, so here you go.

Giolon

My friend was playing his Sith Assassin on "Prophecy of the Five" and farming mobs for money. He found that a specific mob, "Commander Something" (he can't remember) on Correlia, was giving really good items. So he started doing a small pattern of farming, always coming back to his favorite champion and killing it if it was spawned/available.

Then all of a sudden, a GM pops and starts talking to him. The conversation went something like: "I'd like you to stop killing this champion please". My friend was pretty surprised about that and inquired as to why he should stop killing the mob. The GM said that he wasn't supposed to be able to gather such good items is such a small time. My friend (ever the defiant one) told the GM he was using his own crafted gear, and no exploits, that he WASN'T going to stop as he is working within the game's rules / items / class skills that were provided to him.

The GM then said: "It seems you aren't capable of understanding the situation, and thus from now on if you kill that mob, you won't be able to get any items from it."

My friend tried 2-3 times again for good mesures, and indeed, no more drops of anything.

He told me he is now re-examining why he should play this MMO, as he was doing what everyone was doing all the time in ANY MMO ever launched... farming mobs for loot.

I find this hard to believe. My friends and I do a very similar thing with soloing level 50 Champion mobs on Belsavis (sometimes killing them for a couple hours) by resetting instances every 5 minutes, and we've never been contacted by a GM. I don't believe this Corellian Champion has any better loot than the ones on Belsavis (75%+ chance at level 50 blue gear or moddable weapon).

Sorry, but I'm just going to come out and say that your friend is completely full of shit. I don't mean this to be offensive, but I have about 99% (but not 100%) confidence in my assessment.

Not only because of the issue of a GM telling someone to stop legitimately killing something is pretty absurd, but also because I sincerely doubt that GMs have the ability to selectively turn off a mob's loot table for individual players, AND that this would be detected live / in real time by a GM.

In short, POIDH

Francois424

Neo Member
I really dont see why he'd make this up... The only thing I've omitted is that someone else (a player) was watching him do it, and he might have reported him.

But he isn't making this up. I know he isnt.
Obviously, I can't prove it to you guys.

I really dont see why he'd make this up... The only thing I've omitted is that someone else (a player) was watching him do it, and he might have reported him.

But he isn't making this up. I know he isnt.
Obviously, I can't prove it to you guys.

I'm not going to speculate about why someone would or wouldn't make something up, but I'm just saying.. This is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery fishy and anyone who isn't instantly suspicious of at least some aspect of this story isn't thinking very clearly.

I mean I said 99% confidence instead of 100% because anything's possible. But yea...

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Why doesn't he post it on the official forums for a GM to respond?

You posting it on here for people to speculate and telling people ti "sit and wait and see if anyone else gets harassed" is retarded.

And, yea, there should be screen shots.

Francois424

Neo Member
Allright allright. Sorry everyone.

No more second hand information.
I Thought it's something you'd have like to hear and I was wrong.

My appologies. ;_;

Yeah. In the form of an official thread with screen shots.

And you're dodging the screen shot question.

TBH I don't doubt that his friend told him this. If his friend didn't give him screenshots, he wouldn't have any. So i don't blame Francois for any of this, personally. But yea, POIDH

Sokantish

Allright allright. Sorry everyone.

No more second hand information.
I Thought it's something you'd have like to hear and I was wrong.

My appologies. ;_;

You really shouldn't apologize, but you should be thanking us because we found out your friend is not trustworthy for you! Or he is telling the truth and we'll see some sweet screenshots.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Since I am not my friend, I cannot indulge... Sorry.
( He's a work Buddy that got me into the game )

You should know if he took some...

How long have you been playing MMO's? It should also been one of the first questions you ask.

"holy shit, did you get screen shots of it?"

I just cannot fathom someone not asking that.

Francois424

Neo Member
You should know if he took some...

How long have you been playing MMO's? It should also been one of the first questions you ask.

"holy shit, did you get screen shots of it?"

I just cannot fathom someone not asking that.

I sent him an e-mail, if it re-happens he should take those screenshots.

DrBo42

That's a pretty funny story. Most likely a fabrication but still pretty good. That's basically a GM appearing and asking you to stop playing the game. Speaking of which, has anyone even seen a physical GM in the game? What do they look like?

Francois424

Neo Member
So you're indirectly admitting you did know that he didn't get any?

Hence I had a feeling you were dodging for a reason.

He's a work buddy that went home. I couldn't ask in person because after I posted the story, he already went home.
I don't have a habit of asking for screenshots (didn't care to be honest).
But if I get one, I'll be the first to post it here as proof. Assuming of course, the event occurs again...

He did tell me he was going to try again tonight when he got home.

Top Bottom