• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

gatti-man

Republic are starting to win more on Keller's void since 1 in 100 empire sorcs are healers (you're lucky if you get 1 healer on your team), while the entire republic team is usually composed of 2 commandos, 2 vanguards, 2-3 sage healers, and 2 whatever (usually jedi guardians). Just can't kill anyone when half the team is guarded, taunts are going out everywhere, and the healers just heal one another.

They are winning more often but i would still say 5/7 go empire minimum. Plus we steam roll them in illum too. Today was great got 27/30 illum daily in 15 minutes!

I've taken a hiatus since I got massively burned out on the worlds on the Republic side. Is Empire GAF still doing ok? I may want to start a character on there to see if I can stomach the Empire side of things.

Empire gaf is still strong. We have a ton of 50s and good people. We do it all pvp/pve/raids.

Enosh

Republic are starting to win more on Keller's void since 1 in 100 empire sorcs are healers (you're lucky if you get 1 healer on your team), while the entire republic team is usually composed of 2 commandos, 2 vanguards, 2-3 sage healers, and 2 whatever (usually jedi guardians). Just can't kill anyone when half the team is guarded, taunts are going out everywhere, and the healers just heal one another.
yep, that's what I am seeing to
ran into a group with 6 or 7 healers the other night and you can't direct a pug to focus fire
I couldn't kill shit, well neither could they so we still won, but it was still frustrating

so "meh" on the pvp, but really loving the pve side of the game, the lvl 50 HM dungeons are fantastic with some very interesting boss fights

CAW

My new motherboard arrived. It's installed and I'm just updating windows and transfering files over. I bought a new 2TB HDD and have my old 1TB as a secondary this way I didn't have to format it and lose all those files, so I'm hoping to just copy over my SWTOR folder over and save on some download time!

I'll give Bioware until the end of the month to see if they're planning server transfers, and if not I'll prob re-roll on Keller's Void to play with fellow GAFers.

Jbird34

I've taken a hiatus since I got massively burned out on the worlds on the Republic side. Is Empire GAF still doing ok? I may want to start a character on there to see if I can stomach the Empire side of things.

I wondered why I had not see you on lately. I can see why you got burned out you immediately started rolling 2 or 3 alts when you hit 50 that would have burned me out also.

gatti-man

My new motherboard arrived. It's installed and I'm just updating windows and transfering files over. I bought a new 2TB HDD and have my old 1TB as a secondary this way I didn't have to format it and lose all those files, so I'm hoping to just copy over my SWTOR folder over and save on some download time!

I'll give Bioware until the end of the month to see if they're planning server transfers, and if not I'll prob re-roll on Keller's Void to play with fellow GAFers.

Just roll a sorc healer

Edit: Anyone going to be on late tonight? 1130cst pvpeeeeeeee

markatisu

Patch 1.2-1.5 reportedly leaked

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks (spoilers at the link)

* Patch 1.2 - Prepare to return to Corellia to battle each other for control over the Black Hole, scout the Lost Island, and head to the planet of Denova to battle it out against both the Republic and Empire.
* Patch 1.3 - Discover the Legacy of the HK series of Assassin Droids, discover the horrors hiding deep within Belsavis, obtain Czerka Technology and aid Gree Droids as the mighty black bisector.
* Patch 1.4 - Battle with the Hutts on their homeworld of Varl and take the fight directly to them.
* Patch 1.5 - Trek to the ancient secret capital of Rakata Prime, do battle with a rogue Imperial Warlord and face off against The Dread Masters.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

* Patch 1.2 - Prepare to return to Corellia to battle each other for control over the Black Hole, scout the Lost Island, and head to the planet of Denova to battle it out against both the Republic and Empire.
* Patch 1.3 - Discover the Legacy of the HK series of Assassin Droids, discover the horrors hiding deep within Belsavis, obtain Czerka Technology and aid Gree Droids as the mighty black bisector.
* Patch 1.4 - Battle with the Hutts on their homeworld of Varl and take the fight directly to them.
* Patch 1.5 - Trek to the ancient secret capital of Rakata Prime, do battle with a rogue Imperial Warlord and face off against The Dread Masters.

Interesting, I wonder where they got that information from?

Moaradin

Awesome. It looks like the secret companion
HK-47 clone
will be in one of the patches. It's also awesome that we'll see the
Dread Masters
again.

Francois424

Neo Member
As long as the 1.2 World PvP doesn't suck as bad as Ilum, I'm game for resubbing.

I know that the game's too young for that (yet), but the patch I'm really waiting for is the one that will unlock the Togruta race as playable. I'm purposedly holding-out on playing the JK too much to have a class that's still fresh when that race comes around.

Oh and I am all for world PvP as well, that is, until I get ganked and rez-killed into nothingness again hehe.

Moaradin

Well, it's got me excited for sure. Like that the story is progressing with each content patch instead of a bunch of random raids every patch with little relevance.

Mairu

it comes from datamining every time there's a new patch on the test server - there's a lot of stuff in there that's not content going in with the current patch

CzarTim

Yup. Love WZs now.

CzarTim

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2452276#edit2452276

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Argh. OP doesn't have any names for Empire GAF invites. Name is Arshes on Keller's Void. Anyone awake? =)

Tacitus_

Oh great. Like False Emperor wasn't enough.

CAW

Can anyone relink that server population website for me please? I know someone posted it last week but I've been unable to find it as this thread moves pretty quickly.

CAW

Ah sweet, thanks. I'm just going to hope they open up some free transfers or something because I just don't want to re-roll. Reason being, I've now leveled three imp characters to 30 and a couple more to 20. Going through that same content (side missions)....well, I'd rather poke needles in my eyes.

CzarTim

Ah sweet, thanks. I'm just going to hope they open up some free transfers or something because I just don't want to re-roll. Reason being, I've now leveled three imp characters to 30 and a couple more to 20. Going through that same content (side missions)....well, I'd rather poke needles in my eyes.

Roll Rep?

How is the Republic GAF guild on KV? Is it still active?

Yea it's fine. There's 3 people online right now which is like 3:30 in the morning eastern time.

During prime time weekdays there's anywhere from 10-15 people online, sometimes more, and primetime weekends is more like 15-20. If you want an invite just post your name.

If true... VERY nice. Still loving the game. I am sure they will keep me busy for a few years.

Tacitus_

Wasn't enough what?

Battle of Ilum / False Emperor spoilers flashpoint spoilers:
The guy who crowned himself the new Emperor is Darth Malgus, the sith you see on every promo and who hands out all the flashpoint quests before them.
And on the leaked notes,
we're going after the Dread Masters, a group of powerful sith that you rescue at the end of the Belsavis main quest line. I want to kill some Republic nutter :|, not more sith

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Battle of Ilum / False Emperor spoilers flashpoint spoilers:
The guy who crowned himself the new Emperor is Darth Malgus, the sith you see on every promo and who hands out all the flashpoint quests before them.
And on the leaked notes,
we're going after the Dread Masters, a group of powerful sith that you rescue at the end of the Belsavis main quest line. I want to kill some Republic nutter :|, not more sith

Ok, I haven't done False Emperor yet so I can't read your post LOL

Are you saying you don't like the direction the story is going to go?

StudioTan

If true... VERY nice. Still loving the game. I am sure they will keep me busy for a few years.

Considering this is just content additions and it doesn't include all the other stuff that will be added like crafting changes/additions, legacy stuff and other smaller content I totally agree with you.

I'm a slow leveler (still only 45 on my first character) so I'll be busy for the next couple of months even with just the current content.

Tacitus_

Ok, I haven't done False Emperor yet so I can't read your post LOL

Are you saying you don't like the direction the story is going to go?

It's spoilers for the end boss, probably doesn't matter if you're republic, but it's huge spoilers for Imps. I first did the instance before doing the Ilum quests and I was all like "wait, what? who did the guy on the loudspeaker just call out?"

And yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Again, the Republic players probably won't mind, and I guess that's Dark Side for you, but some time I'd like for an important NPC from the 'good side' to go off the deep end and end up as an instance boss.

StudioTan

It's spoilers for the end boss, probably doesn't matter if you're republic, but it's huge spoilers for Imps. I first did the instance before doing the Ilum quests and I was all like "wait, what? who did the guy on the loudspeaker just call out?"

And yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Again, the Republic players probably won't mind, and I guess that's Dark Side for you, but some time I'd like for an important NPC from the 'good side' to go off the deep end and end up as an instance boss.

Gotcha. I perused the leaked info but I didn't really "read" it. I just skimmed it to get an idea of the kind of content. "Flashpoint, flashpoint, operation,
new companion
, new dailies....cool cool cool".

Enosh

yeah i agree,
we are knocking out a few too much sith and rogue imperials
hell thinking about it, the last reps in a FB were in mandalorian raiders...

I mean I enjoyed the false emperor especially given my role as the emperors wrath, but christ lets us kill some important republic people too, since we murdered him in FE let us kill Satele Shan, to even it up

Tacitus_

yeah i agree,
we are knocking out a few too much sith and rogue imperials
hell thinking about it, the last reps in a FB were in mandalorian raiders...

I mean I enjoyed the false emperor especially given my role as the emperors wrath, but christ lets us kill some important republic people too, since we murdered him in FE let us kill Satele Shan, to even it up

And more to the point, Malgus was right.
Empire really needs to get its head out of its ass with the speciecism, since they pretty much worship the pureblood sith. I really hated how I had to take lightside points on my inquisitor in Ilum because I didn't want to throw away an alliance with the khaleesi. The dark side choice was basically "ha ha, I'm a speciecist dick and you're all worthless because you're not human"

Luckily as a BH you get to
kill some pretty high up jedi master AND kidnap/kill the grand chancellor of the senate

CzarTim

With some story
characters dying in class stories, I wonder if they'll ever explain that to the other classes?

For instance (Troop/BH spoiler):

She gives troopers a medal, but the BH kills her?

(JK spoiler):

The Emperor dying is a pretty big deal for only one class to know about it.

Tacitus_

With some story
characters dying in class stories, I wonder if they'll ever explain that to the other classes?

For instance (Troop/BH spoiler):

She gives troopers a medal, but the BH kills her?

(JK spoiler):

The Emperor dying is a pretty big deal for only one class to know about it.

BH
Which she?

JK:
The Emperor is not dead, just weakened

Top Bottom