• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

C.Dark.DN

Banned
He's a work buddy that went home. I couldn't ask in person, after posting the story as he went home.
I don't have a habit of asking for screenshots (didn't care to be honest).
But if I get one, I'll be the first to post it here as proof. Assuming of course, the event occurs again...

He did tell me he was going to try again tonight when he got home.
In 6 minutes time you apparently went from not knowing if he had any, to knowing, and then telling us you told him to take screen shots if it happened again.

Why wouldn't you just say "no, he did not get any."

We're discussing the past event. No one cares about a future event that is unlikely to happen.

It's like you're trying every way possible to not directly say "he didn't take screen shots". Him not taking them is too stupid for the story to be true.

Francois424

Neo Member
This is my last reply on this subject.

Because I did not know, and I still don't ! I sent an e-mail to him, so far no reply.
If I ever post again on that (or anything elses that someone tells me), it will be with screenshots.
Didn't know it was that much of a big deal, really.

Then why didn't your e-mail ask in addition to suggesting him take them if it happens again?

I sent him an email saying that we needed proof; that since he will be attempting to farm that mob again, to be sure to take a screenshot for me (and this board).
That is *IF* the same or another GM comes around and bugs him again (I did cover that in previous posts).
If he already has a screenshot (which I do not know) then he will most likely offer that one instead.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This is my last reply on this subject.

Because I did not know, and I still don't ! I sent an e-mail to him, so far no reply.
If I ever post again on it (or anything elses that someone tells me), it will be with screenshots.

Then why didn't your e-mail ask in addition to suggesting him take them if it happens again?

I sent him an email saying that we needed proof; that since he will be attempting to farm that mob again, to be sure to take a screenshot for me (and this board).
That is *IF* the same or another GM comes around and bugs him again (I did cover that in previous posts).
If he already has a screenshot (which I do not know) then he will most likely offer that one instead.
Again, past event > future event.

It makes more sense for the email to be asking for a screen shot about the past event and if he didn't have one, he would most likely remember to take one if it happens again tonight.

usea

I've considered farming some white star guys (I still don't know the official swtor term). I know a few who I can farm non-stop who almost always drop a level 50 blue each time (and sometimes purple). But it takes me a good 2-3 minutes to kill them solo. Dailies are probably faster for money, but they're so boring I might prefer farming :\

In 6 minutes time you apparently went from not knowing if he had any, to knowing, and then telling us you told him to take screen shots if it happened again.

We're discussing the past event. No one cares about a future event that is unlikely to happen.

It's like you're trying every way possible to not directly say "he didn't take screen shots". Him not taking them is too stupid for the story to be true.
You're being kind of a dick.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why are you still badgering this guy? Move on, there's no proof.
I would have been the number 1 poster in the white light saber crystal thread that turned out to be an exploit or if I knew about it. Picking at logic hairs and seeing them dance is amusing.
You're being kind of a dick.
Well, it's all legitimate questions. And I'm not blatantly calling his friend "full of shit" or someone a "dick" like some... I'm actually putting out some discussion.

I would have been the number 1 poster in the white light saber crystal thread that turned out to be an exploit or if I knew about it. Picking at logic hairs and seeing them dance is amusing.

Well, it's all legitimate questions. And I'm not blatantly calling his friend "full of shit" like some...

Well, i got to the point and moved on. To be fair, it sounds like youre calling HIM full of shit, which i dont necessarily think he is.

Sokantish

To be fair, it sounds like youre calling HIM full of shit, which i dont necessarily think he is.

I was getting that too, but didn't really want to say anything. Poor guy has a friend that lies to him all the time and then another guy picking on him for his friend lying to him! Your work buddy really caused you some trouble today.

Maybe he just wants to quit the game but since he talked you into getting it he tried to make up some crazy story

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well, i got to the point and moved on. To be fair, it sounds like youre calling HIM full of shit, which i dont necessarily think he is.
I do think things are fishy about him as I described. If you and cpp_is_king want to interpret that as "being full of shit", you can, but as I said I rather tug at logic strings than call someone "full of shit".

I also think he has a chance of being sincere, where "full of shit" would be personally deciding that he wasn't.

I do think things are fishy about him as I described. If you and cpp_is_king want to interpret that as "being full of shit", you can, but as I said I rather tug at logic strings than call someone "full of shit".

I also think he has a chance of being sincere, where "full of shit" would be personally deciding that he wasn't.

For the record, I never said that you were full of shit, or that he was full of shit, only that the person from whom the story originated is likely full of shit, but at the very least extremely fishy.

All I'm saying is that there's no need to badger the guy into the ground, I honestly don't find anything suspicious at all about the story "my friend told me X happened and I believed him"

Moaradin

The puzzle droid on HM has lower health than normal but the flame to take down his shield each have different properties.

Far right (where you start): is just like normal
Middle: Resets the buffs but no damage taken debuff, he will pull in all the probes and gain a damage done buff based on how many he pulls in. (didn't seem too serious).
Far left: Resets the buffs but no damage taken debuff, he turns blue and didn't seem to do anything special

Yaska

The +10 datacrons on gav doragon were fun to get. Think I need to hunt up rest of the datacrons.

One thing I hate is that sentinels are quite weak in PvE. Almost no-one wants a sentinel to Ops or HMs. :/Atleast on my server.

Enosh

the problem with marauders in hard modes I have run into is mostly that the majority of tanks seem to be juggernauts and the token at the end is for both SW advanced classes and well, people don't like sharing

so do what I do, start your own groups ^^

Zafir

You'll still need a tank though even if you start your own group, and on my server atleast, most tanks are Juggernauts, despite the fact Powertechs have more utility.

Got the +10 to all stats holocron for Azura yesterday, took a while of messing around but was worth it.

Also got my fourth piece of columni gear and got the extra 50 force boost.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Every class is viable in PVE due to unique utility and roles, and PVP is almost perfectly balanced. I get the feeling anyone who complains doesn't understand the full mechanics of each class and the game in general.

gatti-man

Every class is viable in PVE due to unique utility and roles, and PVP is almost perfectly balanced. I get the feeling anyone who complains doesn't understand the full mechanics of each class and the game in general.

I would kill for an interrupt for my bh besides that im good.

Sokantish

Stuns are like 1:30-2 minutes cooldown. 12 seconds ain't too bad. Especially if you think about you interrupt someone for 4 seconds, then you stun them another 4 seconds, then if the resolve bar isn't full you can push them back with a different skill then interrupt is back up

TheYanger

Stuns are like 1:30-2 minutes cooldown. 12 seconds ain't too bad. Especially if you think about you interrupt someone for 4 seconds, then you stun them another 4 seconds, then if the resolve bar isn't full you can push them back with a different skill then interrupt is back up

Except that interrupts in this game only lock out the one specific ability. Healers tend to have 3-4 of them. IE: I interrupt Healing Scan? LOL CAST RAPID HEALING SCAN!

Sokantish

I sometimes forget since my commando depends so much on Grav Round being cast that getting interrupted while doing it feels like I almost have to wait 4 seconds or I'd just be wasting ammo on useless stuff other than a couple other skills. Interrupt might not be that big of a deal to other classes, I guess.

Zafir

Who was saying classes weren't viable?

Except that interrupts in this game only lock out the one specific ability. Healers tend to have 3-4 of them. IE: I interrupt Healing Scan? LOL CAST RAPID HEALING SCAN!
Yeah that kind of annoys me on my Juggernaut. Some classes interrupt can be annoying though, like the afore mentioned Commando/Mercenary and Tracer Missile/Grav Round.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Can I complain about commando being the only class without an interrupt?
Yeah, that would be pretty boring, and I don't think it would be overpowered if Commandos and Mercenaries got one.

It's funny that so many people complain about Commandos and Mercenaries on the forum. If any class might struggle when rated warzones come out it's Commandos and Mercenaries, because melee trains with short-cooldown interrupts are going to be so effective at shutting down a Commando or Mercenary until death.

That is true, but every healer has one heal they really rely on and doesn't have a cooldown, so if you interrupt that they're still doing much, much lower healing than they want to be doing.

Here is a general list of the heals that you want to interrupt:

Sages: Deliverance
Scoundrels: Underworld Medicine
Commandos: Medical Probe

Sorcerers: Dark Infusion
Operatives: Kolto Injection
Bounty Hunters: Rapid Scan

I actually prefer the one-ability lockout to the spell-type lockout from WOW. One of the biggest problems with PVP in WOW is the arms race that has been caused by abilities being too far-reaching. It's what has led to melee classes having too many gap closers and ranged classes having too many instant casts. With how interrupts work in SWTOR Bioware can more precisely tune balance if necessary without causing one class or spec to gain an exponential advantage or disadvantage.

Sokantish

Yeah, that would be pretty boring, and I don't think it would be overpowered if Commandos and Mercenaries got one.

It's funny that so many people complain about Commandos and Mercenaries on the forum. If any class might struggle when rated warzones come out it's Commandos and Mercenaries, because melee trains with short-cooldown interrupts are going to be so effective at shutting down a Commando or Mercenary until death.

I get that Commandos do a lot of damage, I usually top out damage in WZ but the class feels so useless outside of that. I really wish I would have picked a different class. I kind of want to level up a Sage or even a Vanguard but I'm not ready to go through the Trooper class quests again.

GLopez12

Neo Member
They do good damage, but it's so easy to shut down, especially as an organized group.

The problem is some classes look better in PUGs than they do in organized groups. Sages are in a similar boat with Commandos in that they're going to get trained down by organized groups and be close to useless if not well played and peeled for.

But you pretty much named why I didn't go with Commando over my Sage and Sentinel. The class just looks too faceroll.

Zafir

I get that Commandos do a lot of damage, I usually top out damage in WZ but the class feels so useless outside of that. I really wish I would have picked a different class. I kind of want to level up a Sage or even a Vanguard but I'm not ready to go through the Trooper class quests again.
Useful in Voidstar and The Civil War I think. I find that the lesser mobility makes you less useful in huttball mind, at least compared to my Juggernaut anyway.

Sokantish

I'd rather have stealth for Civil War/Voidstar. As my smuggler alt I've planted the bomb without them even noticing and then having stealth in civil war lets you solo defend a node for the longest time with vanish and just popping out and hitting people. As a Commando you just sit there and shoot people in the face.

This game is far from perfectly balanced in pvp. The fact that the devs make class changes is a testament to such. I get the feeling you think just because every class is viable means the game is perfectly balanced, viability doesn't imply perfect balance.

Tess3ract

Banned
This game is far from perfectly balanced in pvp. The fact that the devs make class changes is a testament to such. I get the feeling you think just because every class is viable means the game is perfectly balanced, viability doesn't imply perfect balance.
PVP isn't balanced, but they're making class changes to satisfy the biggest screamers

To daoster and althea: itll probably be at least another 1-1.5 hours before im home, so if you need to just get that FP finished go ahead w/o me. I will definitely be on no later than 8 and 9 pacific, but no worries if you need to get it finished earlier. Either way im down for doing another tonight even if its a different one

GLopez12

Neo Member

No, the game is almost perfectly balanced in group PVP. Every class has a strong role and every class does similar damage, healing, and CC. The only two classes that might be lackluster due to a lack of utility are Commandos and Operatives, and they still have pretty important roles if played correctly.

I'm saying this from the perspective of a high-rated arena and RBG player from WOW, and pretty much every WOW player I know who was high rated in RBGs and arenas agrees with me.

Not when marauders have no stun, heal, or knockback :p.

Marauders have a channeled stun, a group sprint, a group damage buff, a minor group HOT, and a healing debuff. They are perfectly set as far as utility goes. They also have some of the best mobility and survivability out of any melee class.

TheYanger

That is true, but every healer has one heal they really rely on and doesn't have a cooldown, so if you interrupt that they're still doing much, much lower healing than they want to be doing.

Here is a general list of the heals that you want to interrupt:

Sages: Deliverance
Scoundrels: Underworld Medicine
Commandos: Medical Probe

Sorcerers: Dark Infusion
Operatives: Kolto Injection
Bounty Hunters: Rapid Scan

I actually prefer the one-ability lockout to the spell-type lockout from WOW. One of the biggest problems with PVP in WOW is the arms race that has been caused by abilities being too far-reaching. It's what has led to melee classes having too many gap closers and ranged classes having too many instant casts. With how interrupts work in SWTOR Bioware can more precisely tune balance if necessary without causing one class or spec to gain an exponential advantage or disadvantage.

Except that that is sort of wrong, they have that one 'spammable' heal, but those are NOT their best heals, they can rely on it until you lock it out and THEN break out a big heal to make up for getting interrupted. Example: You interrupt dark Infusion, they then cast innervate and heal for an ABSURD amount more. Same with commandos/mercs who then go to their faster heal with the cd, Then rotate back to the basic heal, in a pinch there's still popping their 30 stack cd too, it's just too versatile. It needs to be a more far reaching lockout like wow to really have any effect. Yeah, with 4 interrupters you can keep someone locked out, but that's way too much dedicated resource to preventing a single healer from doing their job.

Top Bottom