• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Gritesh

I am very excited for this, just patiently awaiting my pre-order early access e-mail.

I spent some time with the beta and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I did not participate in any end game so we will see how that goes, either way its a great experience levelling up!

Dunlop

Think I am shelving the Body Guard tree until higher level, finally got a 2nd heal and tried to be a healer in PVP

- 2 heals is just the free filler Heal and slow ass single target
- UI is awkward as I am used to being able to customize and mousebing..I'm totally not a bar clicker
- final nail was the freaking raid ui was not accurately showing people health (it seemed to be about 30 seconds behind) so I needed to click on anyone to see the health which is not practicle with Every person wacking on you because they see the green healing guns

DPS wise I love the PVP, slightly discouraged at how much healing seems to suck. Only level 15 atm

Sent

Think I am shelving the Body Guard tree until higher level, finally got a 2nd heal and tried to be a healer in PVP

- 2 heals is just the free filler Heal and slow ass single target
- UI is awkward as I am used to being able to customize and mousebing..I'm totally not a bar clicker
- final nail was the freaking raid ui was not accurately showing people health (it seemed to be about 30 seconds behind) so I needed to click on anyone to see the health which is not practicle with Every person wacking on you because they see the green healing guns

DPS wise I love the PVP, slightly discouraged at how much healing seems to suck. Only level 15 atm

Yeah the UI is hard to fight against if you want to be a healer. Also you don't get decent at healing until further in levels which doesn't encourage people.

SR is losing his mind: https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/147321525576544256

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got my Saga Begins email just as I got on my computer at work.

It's going to be a long day.

Hixx

XP from space missions is crazy. Pick up 1k just from blowing shit up easily and then about 11k for finishing one, take about 5 mins a go.

Sent

More than 4 waves today

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=276764

Morning everyone!

We're starting to send out more invites for today.

Here's the good news: overnight we decided to send out more invites than we had originally planned. However, we'll be spacing those invites out, which means we'll have more 'waves' than the previous four-per-day. We are inviting more people today than we did during yesterday.
I'll update this thread as we send invites. As a reminder, we're also updating our official Twitter accounts (@SWTOR, @SWTOR_FR and @SWTOR_DE) with the invites as they sent; that'll be more up-to-the-minute than this post.

For anyone who's not yet been invited, remember to have the email address no-reply@bioware.swtor.com in your address book so it doesn't hit spam filters.

Assuming you have the SWTOR client installed, you can also periodically launch it. If you're ready to go your 'play' button will be click-able.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET)."

Just got it, didnt get an email about it.

Logged in to see when my code was registered and it said i could play starting today.

11.02.2011 I registered

Spookie

Well this is a fucking joke so far. I can't remember my security password to log in. So I have to phone customer services.

Did I mention it's so fucking busy that they don't take the call? Tempted to phone my credit card company. :/

Well this is a fucking joke so far. I can't remember my security password to log in. So I have to phone customer services.

Did I mention it's so fucking busy that they don't take the call? Tempted to phone my credit card company. :/

Call your CC company because you forgot your security password? For early access?

LowParry

Sitting at lvl 21 with my Sith Assassin tank. Man, do I need to get AA forced. I just don't know how through my ATI card. lol

CTKiC.jpg

LowParry

use AA in the client_settings.ini
works perfect.

I've tried and just doesn't work on ATI cards. Gotta use another method. I have the 5800 series card. Strangely I don't use CCC but has AMD Vision installed instead for whatever reason. Can't seem to get it to work through RadeonPro either.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Is there anyplace on the Replublic fleet to trade in Tython Commendations for other commendations? I swear I saw that during the beta but now I can't find it.

FLEABttn

Banned
and it's not like I can register it to another e-mail address christ knows what kind of trouble that will bring with it.

Your account will be with the other e-mail address?

And you thinking calling your credit card company will make the problem go away more easy and simple than the above?

Kem0sabe

The forums are a disgrace, the amount of crying, demanding and bad attitude is just ridiculous... couple that with lax moderation and you have a one of the worst forums in a AAA mmo that i can remember.

Another thing... no Realm forum? good god.

The forums are a disgrace, the amount of crying, demanding and bad attitude is just ridiculous... couple that with lax moderation and you have a one of the worst forums in a AAA mmo that i can remember.

First rule of a MMO, never visit the official forums. All you will see there is crying and people complaining about something.

FLEABttn

Banned

I kind of expected their forums to be a clusterfuck given the IP and the nature of the more extreme fans of the IP (not like WoW's forums are the bastion of rationality. It's people pissing into a sea of piss).

No realm forums is disappointing though. They help foster community.

Hari Seldon

MMO Forums are always a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CzarTim

So according to what was said yesterday, I'll be in today (I preordered on November 15th).

To get into the GAF guild all I have to do is talk to the GL or one of the officers?

If it's the US Republic guild, any member can invite. The officers character names are in the OP.

Kem0sabe

+1000 internet points for the quote :)

Also, what is it with all the racism and xenophobic comments? Especially from the European community, no one seems to want anything but queen worshiping brits on the english servers. :p

Still no invite yet... expect it soon according to people's tracking. Very close to my preorder.

I pre-ordered on November 20th. I think everyone up to dec. is getting in today.

CzarTim

I have a weird bug, but I can't tell if it's an actual bug or not... Even with sprint enabled, I am running way slower than others. At first (when I was soloing), I thought I was imaging it, but now that I've been in a few groups, they blow past me. I've tried turning the ability on and off and relogging to no avail.

I played EQ1 for 3 years, FFXI for 1, EQ2 for about 6 months, WoW for 5 years, and Rift for about 3 months, and I can say without a doubt that there is nowhere more full of ironic hate, cynicism, misinformation, and intolerance than an official MMO forum. Anything worth knowing is on FoH or Elitist Jerks, and anyone worth talking to you already know ingame.

So I got my email yesterday. Won't be able to play till tonight or tomorrow. Amazon tried to ship my copy, but there is some credit card error I can't fix until tomorrow. I hope I actually get the copy by tuesday.

I also sent my guild request last month. Who do I need to talk to?

I played EQ1 for 3 years, FFXI for 1, EQ2 for about 6 months, WoW for 5 years, and Rift for about 3 months, and I can say without a doubt that there is nowhere more full of ironic hate, cynicism, misinformation, and intolerance than an official MMO forum. Anything worth knowing is on FoH or Elitist Jerks, and anyone worth talking to you already know ingame.

It got the worst in WoW to me when they tied your characters full stats attached to your forum user names and anyone could look at other posters info. Constant epeen comparisons and people pulling out the stats for bullshit arguments. Your opinion is invalid because I have better gears than you!

Kem0sabe

Wait, you're in? I'm on the 15th.

Not in yet (at least no email, haven´t tried client as i´m at work), last confirmed date from someone who got in and pre-ordered in Nov. is Nov. 15th.

We are certainly getting in in the last wave of the day.

It got the worst in WoW to me when they tied your characters full stats attached to your forum user names and anyone could look at other posters info. Constant epeen comparisons and people pulling out the stats for bullshit arguments. Your opinion is invalid because I have better gears than you!

Do any of the GAF guilds have forums?

I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow by noon for everyone... mainly because that's when I get off of work :p

You sure about that one? They should retard rickshaw their entire forum.

I don't disagree, in fact I used to fucking hate Furor and the whole attitude of the guild in EQ days, but the fact that they became irrelevant after EQ1 became irrelevant seems to have settled the general discussion down a bit, and the fact that devs post there makes it a worthwhile place to lurk.

Emitan

I just don't want to feel so lonely! Guild chat is great but there are barely any players around despite there being like 150 in my zone!

Top Bottom