• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

SLV

I just don't want to feel so lonely! Guild chat is great but there are barely any players around despite there being like 150 in my zone!

Well it was quite vocal in the beta atleast, just imagine that you are playing a SP game lol, i know that i would actually enjoy the loneliness, until i had to do something with a group, that i could not solo :D

sangreal

So I got my email yesterday. Won't be able to play till tonight or tomorrow. Amazon tried to ship my copy, but there is some credit card error I can't fix until tomorrow. I hope I actually get the copy by tuesday.

I wouldn't worry about it. I had the same error actually. It has happened to me several times to me recently because I preordered a bunch of stuff before my CC was compromised awhile ago and it has never affected my delivery time from Amazon. After updating my CC info today, my order reflects a delivery for tomorrow as expected.

I wouldn't worry about it. I had the same error actually. It has happened to me several times to me recently because I preordered a bunch of stuff before my CC was compromised awhile ago and it has never affected my delivery time from Amazon. After updating my CC info today, my order reflects a delivery for tomorrow as expected.

So you think even though my bank says it won't have it sorted out till tomorrow, I should still be okay?

sangreal

So you think even though my bank says it won't have it sorted out till tomorrow, I should still be okay?

Oh, in that case it obviously won't ship today. Tomorrow you'll have to go in and hit 'retry card' and it will ship then so you should get it one day later (or two since they won't deliver on Sunday)

They give you 3 days to fix the error though

theta11

At the rate they are going today, you might get in today

I just don't they are gonna make it past the late November preorders after the Thanksgiving beta weekend. :( Maybe I'm being to pessimistic. At least I know I'll most definitely be playing before weekend. I originally thought I wasn't going to get to play until like Sunday. :D

Neverfade

I got my ship laaaate last nite/this AM. When I tried going somewhere I just auto traveled. How do I do some combats? Need more blasty!

Okay, I decided to buy this game. How can I play as soon as possible, while still getting a hard copy of the game? Like, can I go pre-order at EB Games, and still be eligible for early access?

Actually, I might go for Amazon if I can go that route. Any recommendation?

I just don't they are gonna make it past the late November preorders after the Thanksgiving beta weekend. :( Maybe I'm being to pessimistic. At least I know I'll most definitely be playing before weekend. I originally thought I wasn't going to get to play until like Sunday. :D

Yeah I think it would be kind of messed up to the December preorders to go up to lets say, last week, and then stop. It's either going to finish up today or most likely stop at Thanksgiving like Reid said yesterday, with everyone up to the current date getting in tomorrow. Hopefully anyways, I've got guildies waiting to get in. :lol

Hixx

They need to fucking lock ToFN. 40 minute queue when every other English PVP realm is just on standard load. It's not even peak time and there's still a lot of people not even got access to the game yet so it's only going to get worse. :(

SLV

Hmm i would actually have loved to play with Gaffers, but with such ques, :/ Anyone maybe thinking of another server ?

hgplayer1

I'm thinking about picking up a new mouse for this game.

I don't usually play PC games unless they allow control pads and this game is killing my hands. ARTHARITIS

The mouse I have is kinda slim and Ive noticed some of the mice that are made for gaming are bulkier. Does this help comfort wise?

I don't think I need one with a bunch of buttons on it for key bindings ... yet.

JWong

Banned
I got into Keller's Void no problem. I guess I got in before the waves started logging in, so I made it before the softcap.

Keller's was fine last night when I logged in. Now if I could just finish what I have tonight quickly so I can actually start putting some quality time in with my trooper.

Kem0sabe

They need to fucking lock ToFN. 40 minute queue when every other English PVP realm is just on standard load. It's not even peak time and there's still a lot of people not even got access to the game yet so it's only going to get worse. :(

Its the official un-official spanish server. Apparently more than 4000 from spain joined the server in the first days of pre-access... with more to follow.

Sent

Okay, I decided to buy this game. How can I play as soon as possible, while still getting a hard copy of the game? Like, can I go pre-order at EB Games, and still be eligible for early access?

Actually, I might go for Amazon if I can go that route. Any recommendation?

I would go for Amazon. Enter the pre-order code ASAP and you should be playing tomorrow or saturday. They ship the game early now so it should be at your house well before the 20th.

bill0527

I just checked the Euro server select screen about 2 minutes ago and Tomb of Freedon Nadd is up to 50 minute queues.

Is it really taking that long? How close is that estimate?

Hixx

I just checked the Euro server select screen about 2 minutes ago and Tomb of Freedon Nadd is up to 50 minute queues.

Is it really taking that long? How close is that estimate?

I've been in the queue over 30 mins and its gone down about half.

ksimm

I just spotted my first Empire GAF member on Dromond Kaas, it was like meeting a Z list celebrity, I almost Sith'd my pants in excitement before it ran off.

mcfrank

A few people have been asking about Mac performance, so I thought I would post my results on my two macs:

Late 2009 iMac 27inch
Core i7, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850m (512MB)
Window 7 64Bit
1920x1080 Everything maxed except shadows on low and shader detail on low
60 - 90FPS with rare dips below that

Late 2008 15inch Macbook Pro
2.4Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9600GT
Windows XP 32bit
1280x720 everything low
25 - 40 fps

I hope this helps anyone on the fence about playing it on their Mac.

Top Bottom