• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Hawk269

Sorry if this was already posted, but according to the swtor.com site, the grace period is for 2 days, so you have until the 22nd to enter a valid retail code.

Hawk269

Well it is 7:20pm on Dec. 15th, 5 days before full launch and as of right now there are que's for 18 of the servers. Que times vary from 10m to 60+minutes. At this rate, do we anticipate that come the 20th and 25th (some people are getting the game for xmas) that the servers will implode?

I am happy that it is so popular right now and all, but has any word been given if there are going to be a large amount of addtional servers added?

bill0527

Well it is 7:20pm on Dec. 15th, 5 days before full launch and as of right now there are que's for 18 of the servers. Que times vary from 10m to 60+minutes. At this rate, do we anticipate that come the 20th and 25th (some people are getting the game for xmas) that the servers will implode?

I am happy that it is so popular right now and all, but has any word been given if there are going to be a large amount of addtional servers added?

I remember reading a couple of days ago that they would be bringing up new servers as warranted when they did the staggered early access.

I don't think they've added a single server though :(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Amazon always, always, always comes through. Man, I love that site.

g9Krj.png

Hawk269

I asked this many pages back and was told that there is a setting in the options for "Draw Distance". Actual retail game does not have this option. As mentioned earlier, the draw distance for grass and some other items is horrid in this game. Most stationary objects are fine, but on Korriban, the grass textures popping up almost right in front of you is really bad.

Has anyone found a .ini setting that can remedy this? The 8xAA setting in the .ini is a godsend as the game looks so much better with it. All I need is a draw distance setting and I will have little to no complaints on the visuals...so far.

I just got off the starter planet with my Sith Inq. I played a Jedi Cons. in beta and so far the Sith story is much better...I also think the Imperial Space Station is better looking than the Republics, but the one thing that gave me the "star wars boner" was when I played in Beta and the whole portion of when you get your lightsaber. Not going to mention more than that, but the Sith side of the same thing was lackluster compared to the Jedi side, but overall story in the early going I do like the Sith one a bit more.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just did the "Republic's Most Wanted" Heroic quest by myself. I killed all the guys, and then realized I wasn't getting experience for anything. I did that entire quest and didn't get any exp for a single kill!

Ugh. I'm assuming I know the answer - but is there anyway to fix that?

Trouble

Banned
Well, almost level 35 with just over 2 days in /played. I'm pooped, lol.

And I felt bad with a little over a day of play time! :eek:

I've been leveling sorta slow though. Taking my time, doing every sidequest. I've run Esseles and Hammer several times as well.

Moaradin

I'm halfway to 17 with probably a day or more hours. Can't check because Swiftsure has the biggest queues out of any server right now, but I logged off right when I got my ship. Figured it would be a good resting point.

Fucking loving my Operative right now. I played Operative in the beta, but it seems very different now. They added a very big core healing mechanic that changes the way you heal since I last played.

Bloodsent

For some reason any time I edit the client_settings.ini file, the screen flashes after pressing Play on the launcher, but never shows me the loading splash page. When I remove any of the changes I made to the file, I can run the game.

I don't believe I am doing anything wrong....

Emitan

For some reason any time I edit the client_settings.ini file, the screen flashes after pressing Play on the launcher, but never shows me the loading splash page. When I remove any of the changes I made to the file, I can run the game.

I don't believe I am doing anything wrong....

ATI/AMD Graphics card?

jersoc

nice, just got home from work and they take the servers down til 6am, lovely.

so ini settings don't work with amd eh? that answers my question why the AA crashes the game. I think i'm switching to nvidia next card.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Played for a few hours tonight, ended up taking my IA to level 7. Having only really played Inquisitor during the beta, it's a nice change of pace.

mxgt

Banned
Yay, get home from work, eat my dinner and get ready to play a load of TOR before I go to bed

Suddenly, 4 hour maintenance. :(

gatti-man

Tweaked the ini for draw distance and AA plus some lighting effects that look great to shit depending on the scene. Overall the game looks really great. The screen shots just dont do it justice imo.

My BH is starting to grow on me. Story is still meh but the combat really gets going after lvl 10 (lvl 15 now).

gillty

Banned
Fucking advanced class weapon restrictions are so utter bullshit.

Restricts a huge majority of combinations found in Lucas proper Star Wars. Somehow my Commando Trooper is the most badass dude in the Republic Army but cannot wield a rifle or a pistol (which my Trooper uses in the cutscenes :lol)

Hit lvl 15.. almost 16. I must say I feel really bad ass as a Sentinel.

I've gone into 3 different PvP battleground areas and I've always finished top DPS with most kills. It is pretty awesome :)

gatti-man

Fucking advanced class weapon restrictions are so utter bullshit.

Restricts a huge majority of combinations found in Lucas proper Star Wars. Somehow my Commando Trooper is the most badass dude in the Republic Army but cannot wield a rifle or a pistol (which my Trooper uses in the cutscenes :lol)

image.php

Wallach

Didn't realize how long I had been playing; unfortunately I jumped into the Esseles FP and was a ways through it before the maintenance warning popped up and reminded me it had been like 8 hours since I started. Now I'll have to do it all over again, blargh! On the plus side, every boss in there dropped stuff for me (stay free Jedis).

Having a lot of fun so far.

LowParry

MESSAGE TO EVERYONE IN HEROICS: Please stop using the medical probe!!!! We can revive you for free!

I'm impatient. Damn, some of those heroic 4 types are hella hard and fun. Though we were running them with two tanks a healer and dps companion. Just doing the Nas Shaddarr (I know I got the spelling wrong) class questing then getting my ass over to Tatooine. :D

Oh yeah, another thing, are PVE server faction restricted or something? Because all the PVP matches I've had were against the same faction and I've heard that no one see's any opposite faction players on Tatooine.

Wallach

Here's a random question: when you guys hit the \ key, does it automatically try to create a CS ticket? I couldn't find a way to unbind this key from that behavior anywhere in the options. Really stupid.

Top Bottom