• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

So my cat woke me just after maintenance, and because i am an addict I decide to play for a bit despite it being 4am my time. Major sleepy +healer bad idea.

Anybody having luck selling biochem junk I have yet to sell even one item, I am really starting to regret my choice. :(

I want to get a Naga or a keypad like the g13 anybody have suggestions?

I've been using the Naga for about a year now and can't imagine going without it. First week or so is a real pain though, needed the little nub sticker they provide just to start building the muscle memory for button placement. They wear off after a while, but by then you don't need them.

It pisses me off to no end we get nobody races like the rattataki and miraluka when there are interesting races like rodian and calamari that are ignored (even though there are some npcs). Don't give me that "we're worried about helmets clipping" bullshit either, you put friggin twi'leks in the game.

It's not just helmet clipping, but they would have to make sure all gear works for all races or redo it for specific races or restrict them like they did in SWG. Mon Cals have oddly shaped arms, longer hands, fingers, same with Rodians with different proportions on certain limbs. Putting an NPC in the game is easy as it's static and not constantly changing and customizable like the player characters.

They just got lazy and stuck to mainly near human races.

I've already been able to get some Legendary armor (purple) from the GTN for really cheap. As cheap as a you get some green items from a vendor.

Lord Phol

Knew I should logged in earlier, now I will be sitting in queue for the next two hours.
I do wonder how Bioware/EA is gonna tackle this, things will only get worse when the game actually launches if nothing is done.

Moaradin

There are still races they can do though, and I think they are saving some. There's no reason why they couldn't do Togrutas for example. They have the same body types as the playable characters and have weird head tentacles like Twi'leks do.

Knew I should logged in earlier, now I will be sitting in queue for the next two hours.
I do wonder how Bioware/EA is gonna tackle this, things will only get worse when the game actually launches if nothing is done.

All that can be done is raising cap of players on the servers, and adding more servers

Kem0sabe

It's not just helmet clipping, but they would have to make sure all gear works for all races or redo it for specific races or restrict them like they did in SWG. Mon Cals have oddly shaped arms, longer hands, fingers, same with Rodians with different proportions on certain limbs. Putting an NPC in the game is easy as it's static and not constantly changing and customizable like the player characters.

They just got lazy and stuck to mainly near human races.

Same reason they didnt add Wookies. How would you itemize the game for a big 2 legged dog? unless...

armor_dog_1.jpg

or

armor_dog_2.jpg

or

armor_dog_3.jpg

:p

Boogdud

I've been using the Naga for about a year now and can't imagine going without it. First week or so is a real pain though, needed the little nub sticker they provide just to start building the muscle memory for button placement. They wear off after a while, but by then you don't need them.

If you get a naga don't get the epic edition. QC on razer wireless stuff is pretty poor, honestly I think their QC as a whole has gone down over the years (not counting the Nostromo because it is actually a belkin product rebranded/tweaked). The epic Naga has lots of issues when used wirelessly with random disconnects and losing pairing, etc. which Razer states they fixed in a firmware but the issue still exists.

You can still use the naga epic as a wired mouse but why pay $130 for the wireless version if you're going to use the wire anyway? It (the epic) also comes with 2 additional side 'molds' for different grips but they are pretty poor and you'll end up using the default one anyway. Save yourself the $70 and just go with the regular naga.

If you want a wireless mouse go with the G700 it's superior in every way. Much better build quality, plenty of useable buttons (you will not use the 10,11,12 row of the naga), and uses AA rechargables rather than the proprietary razer battery. So you can buy some rechargeable AA's and a charger ($20 or so) and just swap batteries if you run out without having to go wired. I tend to like the setpoint software a bit better than razer's as well.

The regular naga and G700 are very fine mice, the epic has issues.

Moaradin

They also added 3 new EST PVE servers: Kathol Rift, The Constant and Krayiss Obelisk.

edit: west coast PVE servers too
Wall of Light, Darth Sion and Kaiburr Crystal

Hixx

oh my fucking shit. I couldn't tab back into the game there, been a 90 minute queue and still 400 people ahead of me. Luckily it randomly popped back up while I was slapping myself in the face for some reason. Thought I was going to have to end the process and start at the back of the queue.

oh my fucking shit. I couldn't tab back into the game there, been a 90 minute queue and still 400 people ahead of me. Luckily it randomly popped back up while I was slapping myself in the face for some reason. Thought I was going to have to end the process and start at the back of the queue.

Yeah, this game reacts strangely to alt+tabbing.

Lord Phol

Yay so I've been in queue for over an hours, still 1k people left before me, and the game crashes.

I wasn't that lucky :(.

Zafir

6-8 is the main prime time I'd argue.

Even so, 2 hour queues are absurd for early access. Especially considering American servers don't seem to have this issue, even at their prime time.

Even so, 2 hour queues are absurd for early access. Especially considering American servers don't seem to have this issue, even at their prime time.

We are witnessing something unprecedented. This is no comparison we can draw to this. WoW didn't even have close to this kind of interest at launch.

pfkas

Starting to regret my choice as Smuggler. Just did the Esseles run with 3 jedi-somethings and they just flew about all over the place waving their sabers about, healing and casting ranged powers. I just hid behind dustbins throwing grenades and going pew pew pew.

hmm.

At least I get some smarmy comments in during the conversations.

Sounds like they put too many large communities into single servers and now everyone is trying to play with their friends. Must have underestimated euro interest in the game :/ Are there any Euro servers that don't suffer from extended queues? Or is there just a lack of servers?

Zafir

Sounds like they put too many large communities into single servers and now everyone is trying to play with their friends. Must have underestimated euro interest in the game :/ Are there any Euro servers that don't suffer from extended queues? Or is there just a lack of servers?

There is a few now since they've added a couple today/late-yesterday. Yesterday at prime time all of the servers were all Heavy at least.

Consequently, I think it's a little bit of both, however I think the fact they they seemed to put far too many guilds on ToFN is definitely the main and biggest reason for this queue.

Kem0sabe

Starting to regret my choice as Smuggler. Just did the Esseles run with 3 jedi-somethings and they just flew about all over the place waving their sabers about, healing and casting ranged powers. I just hid behind dustbins throwing grenades and going pew pew pew.

hmm.

At least I get some smarmy comments in during the conversations.

Dont worry, the first few flashpoints are cake walks and groups blow through the trash easily enough. As a sorcerer i couldn't even use my dots on most of these flashpoint during the beta.

Oh, and Esseles being balanced for only 2 player runs (with no healer needed) didnt help much either :)

whyman

So i havent played a MMO for some time but do they really think players will stick with a game that has a 60 min wait to play?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just a head's up for those registering Collector's Edition keys. I did so and it took probably an hour or so before the Collector's Edition items showed up in my in-game mailbox.

sammich

As far as i know The Shadowlands is an Amercian server and we've had queues. I had it last night infact. Took about 15 to 20 to get in. Though you are right, it isnt 2 hour queues.

Just a head's up for those registering Collector's Edition keys. I did so and it took probably an hour or so before the Collector's Edition items showed up in my in-game mailbox.

Mine showed up the instant i logged in (i did it just before logging in).

I need to put some more game time into this.

Thinking of running a Sith Inquisitor Alt and a Trooper Alt how are they, Currently only got a Jedi Guardian what builds are people running? any you would really suggest?

-NeoTB1-

So i havent played a MMO for some time but do they really think players will stick with a game that has a 60 min wait to play?

If WoW is any indication, yes. Not to mention, once the game officially launches and people settle down on their servers of choice the queues will go down.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone here able to link me to some early, mid, and endgame looking content for an assassin route? I won't be able to play the beta, so I was curious to see how the game and that class shapes up over time.

I played a Warrior in WoW mostly, and a Samurai as well as Monk in Final Fantasy XI. I'd like to go a hand to hand class route here, but it doesn't seem they have that, so I'm fine with more of a warrior easy peesy to play DPS that looks bad ass at higher levels.

Thanks if anyone links me a few vids. I'm really curious about this game and will probably buy it in January if I like what I see. :)

I'm surprised that this game actually feels like a KOTOR game. I was expecting another run-of-the-mill MMO that was desperately trying to play like KOTOR but the story lines and NPCs have been interesting. For the first time ever, I'm actually invested in an MMO story.

Top Bottom