• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

I'm surprised that this game actually feels like a KOTOR game. I was expecting another run-of-the-mill MMO that was desperately trying to play like KOTOR but the story lines and NPCs have been interesting. For the first time ever, I'm actually invested in an MMO story.

Yup. I didn't get my stupid remote desktop working last night. So no early log-in at work scheme :/

megalowho

I'm not missing any character voice options in the game, am I? Hearing that measured default male voice come out of my fat black Jedi is kinda off-putting.

Won

Man, I think I need to start my Vanguard twink. It's seems to be impossible to find groups for Flashpoints.

I'm not missing any character voice options in the game, am I? Hearing that measured default male voice come out of my fat black Jedi is kinda off-putting.

Na, each class & gender have their distinct VA. There was no way they would be able to afford to do multiple VAs for each class and gender

O one thing that kinda irks me is that aside from the sprint skill all classes get a lvl 14, only sith and jedi get a temporary movement speed buff (force speed). Feels like an unfair advantage in pvp (i.e. Huttball)

megalowho

Na, each class & gender have their distinct VA. There was no way they would be able to afford to do multiple VAs for each class and gender
That's what I figured. I wouldn't say there was no way they could have accommodated, considering their budget and the fact that such a big focus of the game is the voice acting, but I understand what kind of undertaking that would be.

Sent

SR said everyone that registered up to yesterday will be getting in, they might do all day waves for that maybe?

JWong

Banned
I am Protocol Droid G4-R2 of Human-Cyborg Relations i have received your transmission and i'll be more than willing to assist you regarding with your Collectors Edition Access code concern.

After further investigation we can see that a pre-order code is already linked and active to your account. Unfortunately it is not possible to have more than one pre-order code attached to an account.

You can see your pre-order account status on www.swtor.com in the 'Account Management' section.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.We look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic in the future!

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid G4-R2 (aka Ryan)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Aaaah... lol RP

He also completely mistaken to answer my question too.

Renmei

Banned
I preordered 3 days ago and just got in, today is the day! Damn this stupid unit Christmas party, I don't want to eat your meh potluck food, I wanna play my trooper <.<

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Totally brutal that I have early access...but no product key thanks to Origin yet. It's like...showing me a dessert before dinner.

Wallach

Totally brutal that I have early access...but no product key thanks to Origin yet. It's like...showing me a dessert before dinner.

You don't need a product key anyway.

That said, I already got my product key from Origin, so check your e-mail and see if it came.

SLV

Right, so i have got access now, was away from PC for a long while, so i am wondering before jumping in, what is the general EU server consensus ?

As i really don't want to wait 2 hours just to be able to play :/

What if you're let in before you get home? Is there no time-out if you're inactive for a long period of time?

I've thought about doing this myself.

It takes me about 30 minutes to get home. If i somehow beat the queue fine, I will do something else. But the way server waits are shaping up it might be the right amount of time. (I am moving to a new place 10-20 minutes closer next month, so it may be even more effective soon.)

Dakota47

Right, so i have got access now, was away from PC for a long while, so i am wondering before jumping in, what is the general EU server consensus ?

As i really don't want to wait 2 hours just to be able to play :/

I am on Lord Calypho (RP-PvP) and it has an awesome community. General chat has been a lot of fun so far and the people are very friendly and helpful. No queues either.

SLV

I am on Lord Calypho (RP-PvP) and it has an awesome community. General chat has been a lot of fun so far and the people are very friendly and helpful. No queues either.

Cool, nice to know, what will be going on with the Empire GAF EU guild ? I guess it is staying on that server ?

Jeeez, Estimated wait time 2 hr's 15 mins for GAF server :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need a product key for early access.

I apparently do - there's a list of 3 things that must be done before I am allowed early access, and 1 of them is registering the product code...which is NOT the pre-order code...which is the only thing Origin has given me so far. So :(

SLV

I apparently do - there's a list of 3 things that must be done before I am allowed early access, and 1 of them is registering the product code...which is NOT the pre-order code...which is the only thing Origin has given me so far. So :(

It does not matter if you have added the pre-order code ! Which i guess you have missed somewhere ?

EDIT: Guess i am sticking with that Lord Calypho server for now, only 5 minutes wait.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It does not matter if you have added the pre-order code ! Which i guess you have missed somewhere ?

No, it's been redeemed... :( It does let me download the game client, though.

Dakota47

Cool, nice to know, what will be going on with the Empire GAF EU guild ? I guess it is staying on that server ?

Jeeez, Estimated wait time 2 hr's 15 mins for GAF server :/

No, it's not the GAF server. And I just now found out there is a short queue.

Alex

No, it's been redeemed... :( It does let me download the game client, though.

Youre reading into it too much, thats just for the standard, post release access. I know the page youre looking at. All you need to have done is register the pre-order code and wait for your wave.

It takes me about 30 minutes to get home. If i somehow beat the queue fine, I will do something else. But the way server waits are shaping up it might be the right amount of time. (I am moving to a new place 10-20 minutes closer next month, so it may be even more effective soon.)

How long can you be AFK before the you're booted? I have a 30-40 minute trek home.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And you got an early access email?

Yeah, got the early access email saying it's go time, but no other codes. I should just sit on my hands, but goddammit guys, you know it's tough to do. I'll make these faces. :| :| :| and hope the email comes in with my code I need before I leave work.

Yeah, got the early access email saying it's go time, but no other codes. I should just sit on my hands, but goddammit guys, you know it's tough to do. I'll make these faces. :| :| :| and hope the email comes in with my code I need before I leave work.

what does your code redemption page say on SWTOR.com?

SLV

Uhm, there really is no other code, you got the mail, you redeemed the pre-order key, you should not have any issues launching the game ! Are you on the right client ? Maybe it is a old beta one ?

Soodes

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already.

Got the urge to sink into a new MMO this weekend, would I be able to play before the official release if I were to buy it tonight?

ToD_

Just got my early access email. I pre-ordered on the evening of the 14th. Still stuck at work for a while, though.

MedIC86

soo...

Tgzas.jpg

nice size :p

sammich

lol holy shit.. i wonder if there is going to be a huge amount of day 1 walk into the store purchases. For some reason i have this feeling that it wont be anywhere compared to all the people that have pre-ordered and already have access. I dunno why.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Uhm, there really is no other code, you got the mail, you redeemed the pre-order key, you should not have any issues launching the game ! Are you on the right client ? Maybe it is a old beta one ?

Here's what I've got:
HrVFZ.png

I try to redeem my preorder code there, it tells me it has been used - which it has, according to My Games:

xeCf3.png

However when I tell it to download the game client, it 'installs' (38mb file, whee) and nothing happens. It's in my Origin list as a Pre-Order under My Games, and not as the whole game. Apparently, according to TOR, the two codes -are- different (this is what they tell me) so :| I'm not even sure. I feel like a goddamn beginner with computers but I'd like to think EA's a mess.

sammich

Sunflower:

The product Registration Code is the code you get from buying the game. The game serial. Thats what goes there. The pre-order code has nothing to do with it. It just lets you get Early access.

What you downloaded is a small launcher that downloads the rest of the 20GB that you need to install/run the game. Run that file you downloaded and go from there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower:

The product Registration Code is the code you get from buying the game. The game serial. Thats what goes there. The pre-order code has nothing to do with it. It just lets you get Early access.

What you downloaded is a small launcher that downloads the rest of the 20GB that you need to install/run the game. Run that file you downloaded and go from there.

Right, right - the thing is, I still haven't been emailed the registration code I need from Origin. It's still in 'pre-order' limbo it appears, so I gotta wait.

Foolishly, the launcher just, like, does nothing, even running as Administrator. So I'm digging around to find out why it's behaving like a pile of shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On this page, click on code redemption to the right, then what does it say on the next page under "Code Redemption History"

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.
12.16.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play
12.12.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
12.12.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

And that's all I've got. Surely Origin will soon send the normal-ass key to me - I just checked my bank acct and Origin has not yet charged me for TOR - so that's got to be what I'm waiting on. Goddamn Origin.

Top Bottom